Question for those who have played The Legion for some considerable time on the PTB
Where would you rank The Legion among the other killers? I'm seeing so many varied opinions on here and on streams.
Where would you rank The Legion among the other killers? I'm seeing so many varied opinions on here and on streams.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I don't get why people are so shocked that hes meant to waste time when anti-heal has been the meta since the last mid-chapter patch. He's basically just that.
Find 4 survivors and give them all a slap at once. Now they're all off gens mending. If they choose to heal after that takes a lot of time with sloppy, and it wastes a lot of time throughout the game because this guy can land hits on you better than even the Nurse. He can do it over and over and over again without a penalty to himself.
If they don't heal to save time - well now they're always 1 hit from death. So he may be 110% speed but all it takes is one laggy pallet/window to get them down and we all know how BS pallet hits can be as a survivor.
I don't understand why people don't get this. Since the last update almost every killer out there has been taking sloppy and just whacking every survivor they see to get them spending tkme healing and off gens. Some even taking thanatophobia too.
This guy is basically just that. He's the anti-heal meta personified and again he's better at it than the Nurse.
Now I'm not saying he's perfect. From what I've seen he relies far too much on finding survivors together.but i think people are failing to understand him or just want a broken killer because some of the suggestions floating around have been ridiculous. I.e. bleed out time still goes down on chases, or e can down in 2 hits in frenzy mode.
Please tell me, what is the "anti-heal-meta"?
Is that using Sloppy Butcher?
People talk about this all of a sudden, but I never seen that.
And actually I think it is an urban legend.
Has potential. Not sure what buffs if any he could use currently, more playing to find that out.
But I put him right below Clown, and I place Clown dead center mid, since I believe he is one of the most well balanced and well rounded characters. (Pun intended)
Nothing super detrimental, nothing super special. I see them both very "Jack of all trades, but master of none" types
Tell me then, how would YOU fix this killer? What changes would you make?
Spending more time healing is actually "giving them time to heal".
And you have not explained that "anti-heal-meta" should actually be.
Changes? From the top of my head without any real hard thinking:
1. Mending IS healing (affected by NC, Sloppy, Caulthro, etc)
2. BT is NOT "deep wounds"
3. Bleedout times should not stop completely while chased, just get slowed down
4. Bleedout timer should not stop while mending
5. Legions speed increased to 112.5 % (maybe even to 115%)
6. Insta down abilities (MYC, Noed, etc) should work while in Frenzy, or at least draw double the amount from the bleedout bar.
Bleedout time would be unfair too. The guy is meant to be spreading the damage around. Thats why he gets handicapped by chasing one survivor with the bleedout time stopping. Also it would be unfair on the survivor as no matter how good they are, once Legion got that first unavoidable hit they'd be doomed to go down eventually no matter how well they evade.
Bleedout time not stopping while mending would make him insanely OP. People nees to get to a safe distance from him to mend. They might not be able to mend in time if the progress didn't stop, and so he'd be able to just slug so many people with so little effort.
I think people need to be realistic with expectations. So many suggested buffs for him are just completely unrealistic and would make him far too strong. Its like people want a killer who can just destroy everyone no questions asked.
Go watch Dowsey on twitch. He seems to have Legion nailed at this point and it really showcases how he's meant to be played.
1) Find survivor/survivors
2) Activate Frenzy - hit survivor - your frenzy bar is now refilled
3) Look around, do you see any glowing red auras around? - if yes, charge to them
4) Hit new survivor, look around again for more survivor auras
5) Repeat step 4 until you can't see anymore auras near you
6) Since there are no more survivors nearby, uze your frenzy speed boost to catch up to the last survivor you hit, bodyblock them if need be
7) This is really important, don't hit them with frenzy, press M2 and cancel the frenzy. You'll take a short stun but you should be near enough the survivor. If you hit them you get a cooldown, a stun and they get a speed boost.
8) Now you should be close enough that it's just a short walk for you to down them with M1.
Legion does feel weak because he's not downing survivors. However there is no question after playing him and seeing him in action that he slows the gens down A LOT. Survivors spend so much time mending and healing. If they don't heal or use no mither then use your frenzy to get close, then cancel it manually and M1 them. 1 hit instadown.
He's definitely FAR above Freddy. Freddy can't slow the game down anywhere near as efficiently as Legion.
Monto's new video really does show how weak this new killer seems to be.
Getting mended by others would make this killer ridiculously OP for non-SWF players and you know it.
I've gone back into the game armed with new knowledge and I did great. I mean it does depend on luck of having survivors near each other but there are always moments where at least 2 are in proximity.
I used his frenzy to quickly get across the map. All 4 were in the area, stabbed two with deep wound, cancelled frenzy, downed one, managed to down another, hook that one, one guy comes for heal, other unhooks, deep wound him and the unhooked guy, last one gets picked up, deep wound and commit to chase.
So now I've got all 4 survivors injured and inflicted with deep wound about 1-2 mins jnto the game. Shame I didn't have thanatophobia.
The pressure he puts on survivors is immense. Top tier in fact.
He's weaker at chases not going to deny that but that's to balance out how much he can pressure survivors.
Lets be honest they aren't going to release another Nurse level killer again. Shes too strong.
I like that they tried something different with this guy. I think Legion will be too niche for most players though. You're not meant to play him lile a normal killer.
The thing is tho his power currently works because survivors don't know how to deal with it, there's a simple counter:
Don't try to stealth him, run away as soon as somebody gets hit and you're within his TR.
The easiest games as legions will be the ones where survivors will try to play immersed even when somebody else got hit with frenzy.