Coldwind Farm

I was talking with a friend about the ''old'' Coldwind Farm maps. We both hate the light coldwind update and when I saw The Realm Beyond again I really miss the previous Coldwinds.

Here's the video in case you didn't play on the ''old'' Coldwinds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjd3kOdepAA&list=PLMCoq7Q9V5b0dmAB2AJLqOsi7VsM4Rgtm&index=5

Does anyone else feel like the previous Coldwind maps matched better with the theme of the game? I mean a horror game at daytime? I just really want BHVR to make coldwind dark again. It's too bright in my opinion.

I would love to see other opinions about this.๐Ÿ˜Š

Comments

  • The new maps are always visually fine, with 2 exceptions:

    1) Auras are hard to see on new Coldwind maps.

    2) The new Haddonfield maps are too dark inside the houses.

    Who cares if the map is in daylight? It's not even like a normal-looking, natural lighting. It still looks eerie.

  • I wouldn't mind if they gave us some night time variations. they would have to make a new skybox but i think it would make every match feeling a lil more diffrent

  • I only hate how they're still extremely unbalanced.

  • Eh. I found old Coldwind to be ugly, to be perfectly honest. The definition of drab.

    Also, the โ€˜sunโ€™ on the new version is really just the same object as the moon on most other maps but extremely bright. You can see its texture if you look at it the right way.

  • @GamerEzra said:

    I was talking with a friend about the ''old'' Coldwind Farm maps. We both hate the light coldwind update and when I saw The Realm Beyond again I really miss the previous Coldwinds.

    Here's the video in case you didn't play on the ''old'' Coldwinds:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjd3kOdepAA&list=PLMCoq7Q9V5b0dmAB2AJLqOsi7VsM4Rgtm&index=5

    Does anyone else feel like the previous Coldwind maps matched better with the theme of the game? I mean a horror game at daytime? I just really want BHVR to make coldwind dark again. It's too bright in my opinion.

    I would love to see other opinions about this.๐Ÿ˜Š

    Mate, the old Coldwind realm was by far my favourite even though as killer they were still survivor sided.

    I miss the gloomy golden skies of the old maps and I hate what they did to this realm. Why they made it daytime is just beyond me, it totally kills the ambience of the maps and they lost all the charm they had imo.

    Thing is, I don't mind what they did with the Autohaven and Macmillian realms as they mostly gave them a graphical upgrade but stayed true to the feel and aesthetic of the maps. But for Coldwind I feel they completely destroyed it and I wish there was an option to play an older version of the game (Oni was the last DLC where I felt the game was in a good place).

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    The new maps are always visually fine, with 2 exceptions:

    1) Auras are hard to see on new Coldwind maps.

    2) The new Haddonfield maps are too dark inside the houses.

    Who cares if the map is in daylight? It's not even like a normal-looking, natural lighting. It still looks eerie.

    Aura's are way to hard to see yes and I also feel like corn vision is way worse on the new coldwinds.

    I haven't played the PTB so I don't know how dark the houses are on the new Haddonfield but I can't wait to play on it.

  • @Blueberry said:

    I only hate how they're still extremely unbalanced.

    Same! And when I play killer I feel like I play on coldwind 50% of my games.๐Ÿ˜…

    There's also 3 versions of Coldwind so the chance of playing on it is high.

  • @MaTtRoSiTy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/320134/coldwind-farm

    Mate, the old Coldwind realm was by far my favourite even though as killer they were still survivor sided.

    I miss the gloomy golden skies of the old maps and I hate what they did to this realm. Why they made it daytime is just beyond me, it totally kills the ambience of the maps and they lost all the charm they had imo.

    Thing is, I don't mind what they did with the Autohaven and Macmillian realms as they mostly gave them a graphical upgrade but stayed true to the feel and aesthetic of the maps. But for Coldwind I feel they completely destroyed it and I wish there was an option to play an older version of the game (Oni was the last DLC where I felt the game was in a good place).

    I agree, but in my opinion every map is survivor sided.๐Ÿ˜… I just don't understand why they made this map so bright.๐Ÿ˜ฃ

  • I think they should bring back the bouquet offerings, but make them more balanced

  • @Wampirita said:

    I think they should bring back the bouquet offerings, but make them more balanced

    I agree. I don't understand why they didn't just get balanced instead of being removed entirely.

  • This is the only artistic change that was actually good. Well... Pre Haddonfield. I guess we have two maps that look better than before. The rest were butchered like a survivor on a meat hook.

  • @GamerEzra said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2916454#Comment_2916454

    I agree, but in my opinion every map is survivor sided.๐Ÿ˜… I just don't understand why they made this map so bright.๐Ÿ˜ฃ

    Actually, you could argue that they are and it would be hard to dispute that. I guess some are more balanced than others but they mostly seem to favour survivors.

    I agree on the brightness, it just spoils the entire feel of the maps. I guess it is now 'Dead by Late Afternoon' now, since it appears to be midday sun? ;)

  • @GamerEzra said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2916347#Comment_2916347

    Aura's are way to hard to see yes and I also feel like corn vision is way worse on the new coldwinds.

    I haven't played the PTB so I don't know how dark the houses are on the new Haddonfield but I can't wait to play on it.

    The corn has always been an awful feature of the farm maps. There's way too much of it, you can't see survivors or the killer, there's no loops or obstacles there, you can't stalk through it, and totems for some reason spawn in there.

  • @GamerEzra said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2916365#Comment_2916365

    Same! And when I play killer I feel like I play on coldwind 50% of my games.๐Ÿ˜…

    There's also 3 versions of Coldwind so the chance of playing on it is high.

    092492A6-3337-4339-AC6C-A0CCD3178E20.png

    Five!

  • the day corn is lame.

    the old night looking corn was so much better, I don't like daylight maps, I mean, its dead by daylight, not hide and seek during daylight

  • They've really got to bring back that bounce that every survivor loved to do at the combine harvesters though.

    I wonder if I can do it with some haste perk? Hope? Maybe even with Boon: Dark theory?

  • I despise the corn and I don't light lighter maps. The new Coldwind isn't getting any love from me.

    The last game I've been in before deciding to leave for a while was a Coldwind.

  • @MaTtRoSiTy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/320134/coldwind-farm

    Mate, the old Coldwind realm was by far my favourite even though as killer they were still survivor sided.

    I miss the gloomy golden skies of the old maps and I hate what they did to this realm. Why they made it daytime is just beyond me, it totally kills the ambience of the maps and they lost all the charm they had imo.

    Thing is, I don't mind what they did with the Autohaven and Macmillian realms as they mostly gave them a graphical upgrade but stayed true to the feel and aesthetic of the maps. But for Coldwind I feel they completely destroyed it and I wish there was an option to play an older version of the game (Oni was the last DLC where I felt the game was in a good place).

    i agree, and making coldwind along with a few others more dark, grim and gloomy would be a wonderful change. I do like the new props and textures though, in particular the new thompsons house.

    while theyre at it they could also fix cowshed and make corn a bit less agonizing.

    The new haddonfield looks great though!

  • old Mustard Gas farms was fugly beyond belief. But it did seem a bit more memorable than current Cornwind. But I like the daytime/evening though, I think its cozy.

    I hate how the daylight makes it harder to read auras, though. Maybe that's the real reason behind the name Dead by Daylight

  • @GamerEzra said:

    I was talking with a friend about the ''old'' Coldwind Farm maps. We both hate the light coldwind update and when I saw The Realm Beyond again I really miss the previous Coldwinds.

    Here's the video in case you didn't play on the ''old'' Coldwinds:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjd3kOdepAA&list=PLMCoq7Q9V5b0dmAB2AJLqOsi7VsM4Rgtm&index=5

    Does anyone else feel like the previous Coldwind maps matched better with the theme of the game? I mean a horror game at daytime? I just really want BHVR to make coldwind dark again. It's too bright in my opinion.

    I would love to see other opinions about this.๐Ÿ˜Š

    I've said this a lot, aesthetically it looks good but the daytime completely ruins the horror aspect. Looks like a midday rundown farm currently

  • @Azshhh said:

    More bright maps please!

    Glad bhvr tries breaking the tired & outdated mentality of horror = dark & gloomy 24/7

    I'm okay with bright maps but only if it fits in the theme of the map. In my opinion Coldwind shouldn't be this bright.

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    I wouldn't mind if they gave us some night time variations. they would have to make a new skybox but i think it would make every match feeling a lil more diffrent

    Early on in the game there were offerings that changed the amount of "moonlight" on the map. It would adjust how bright or dark the trial would be for that game. They were removed after some time because of complaints that you could stack some up and make it impossible to see. Plus, it makes games more consistent.

  • Old Coldwind was way better. The yellow tint was delightful. Now it's just dead during daylight.

  • Tbh I miss the old corn. Now instead of trying to see through maybe thin sticks you have to see through logs to try and follow someone if they go past a single row.

  • No, despite how tired i am of getting coldwind 5 times in a row, i much prefer the new visuals over the old, it has a Texas Chainsaw Massacre vibe to it now and I love that.

    Also frankly, i'm still waiting for BHVR to finish up the Realm Beyond completely so we can get rid of the rest of old DBD.

  • @Jivetalkin13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2916358#Comment_2916358

    Early on in the game there were offerings that changed the amount of "moonlight" on the map. It would adjust how bright or dark the trial would be for that game. They were removed after some time because of complaints that you could stack some up and make it impossible to see. Plus, it makes games more consistent.

    Yeah, but playing Dbd mobile, nostalgia of night time cold wind is kicking in.

  • I love the fidelity of the models and all of the aspects revolving around the new maps - ASIDE from it being daytime.

    The old maps were creepy and had an air of dread.


    Personally, I do not think there should EVER be sunlight in this game.

    I understand that the developers may want a little something new - perhaps they're sick and tired of making a bunch of dark grungy maps without variation, which is fair.

    But it's Dead BY Daylight. All of the maps are darkened. I honestly wish it still had that gray color to it, and that the darkness of night crept into the corners as it once did in year's past.

  • Graphically its superior, but way too bright. Make it more like the way it used to be with the lighting. When you go into the shaded area, there's a hint of how it once was. But the sunlight needs to go, it just ruins the atmosphere.


  • @GamerEzra said:

    I was talking with a friend about the ''old'' Coldwind Farm maps. We both hate the light coldwind update and when I saw The Realm Beyond again I really miss the previous Coldwinds.

    Here's the video in case you didn't play on the ''old'' Coldwinds:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjd3kOdepAA&list=PLMCoq7Q9V5b0dmAB2AJLqOsi7VsM4Rgtm&index=5

    Does anyone else feel like the previous Coldwind maps matched better with the theme of the game? I mean a horror game at daytime? I just really want BHVR to make coldwind dark again. It's too bright in my opinion.

    I would love to see other opinions about this.๐Ÿ˜Š

    Horror in the daytime is a thing and it can work well, the Texas chainsaw films use it and it's jarring because usually the scary only happens at night, another example is the opening to Jeepers Creepers 2 in a bright field which looks like this map funnily enough so it's not unfaithful being set during the day


    Daylight spooks is a thing already and I personally enjoy it, plus I imagine this map is tough as nails when dark

  • @Skysair said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2918056#Comment_2918056

    Five. Fractured Cowshed, Torment Creek, Rotten Fields, Rancid Abattoir, Thompson House.

    image.png

    You are correct! I will correct my post.