Toxicity beyond limits
It was overall a pretty nice game, I got 6 hooks and I almost got a 2k, they managed to make it out with good teamplay. They played very well and are a great team I give it them that.
However after this chat they went on my profile and all added me and wrote in my comments. They wished me corona and my parents a painful death. They said I am a sub human and should be enslaved. They went into my friends profile and also harrased them, they found (somehow) my you tube channel and wrote under roughtly half of my videos in the comments that I am a loser and should go kill myself. They went to my discord server and spammed my channels and tried to write to other ppl on my mod staff how pathetic my content is and that they should be ashamed of themselves beeing friends with me.
I took it at first lightly as you see in the chat, I was just meming but I would say after they came that far to my you tube channel its reaching to a point that I would call this REAL hatred towards someone.
I have honestly no idea what I did to deserve this from their persective, I tried to write to them on steam after I accepted the add that they should calm themselves, after roughly a few hours they finally stopped, but I doubt it was because of me saying to stop, more like after they went tired of keep haressing me.
Whats the point of this post? I am just wondering if there is any way to report his outside of dbd. I have the feeling simple reports arent enough.



Comments
Imagine accepting friend requests from salty DBD survivors, could not be me.
I'd literally have some people so salty they would spam me voice chat invites on xbox. Did I ever join? If I was ready to talk some #########, sure.
I just accepted it to tell them that they should really stop since they are not just harresing me, they started haressing other ppl who had nothing to do with this.
Well, that's sort of on you for having a public profile and a public friend's list. As well as for using your youtube name in DBD if it's unrelated.
I allow comments on my steam profile but I know full well 95% of them will be negative. And i'm OK with that because I think it's hilarious. I bathe in the salt.
They should be reported to authority of their own country, lmao.
Toxic
though if they Harassed you/your friends outside of the game on another platform like Steam then you gotta report them there. I am pretty sure there is a way to report such behavior on any platform
https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us
Additional Player Report Information
Supply screenshots (without masking their names) in the attachments of your ticket.
Well I am the exact same, I find salty comments funny. But why should I turn my profile private for ppl literally adding my friends? Also I dont have my yt name on my profile, you can see on the screen shots that my name is "horse" and that is obviously not my yt name.
already did that but still thank you!
For chat reports, an additional player report ticket is not needed and shouldn’t be created. If you report it in-game, the chat logs will be directly saved in that report and that’s enough, therefore no ticket and screenshots necessary.
I reported their twitch streamer on twitch, I was checking a few of her stream and with the help of my russian mod we found out that she was hate speeching alot of players she faced. She is in general pretty toxic and promotes such behaviour and gameplay, she lets ppl bleed out on the ground simply for the way they play for example, she does much more but it was just 1 example.
did you even read the post?
I just finished a game against a swf of two streamers and their 'fans'. They accused me of "camping" which I wasn't and got really salty, calling me a N in chat. Then when I visited their stream after I watched as they were encouraging their like 20 and less viewers each to report me in steam and 'troll squad' me if they ever see me in game - sharing my steam profile to their chat and steam friends. Sure enough wasn't very impressed.
I've played COD R6S Valorant WoW - every single multiplayer game you can think of and have never experienced as much hate and toxicity than I do and see in this community.
At least there are a few good eggs. Few friends I play with and some streamers that stuck it out this long. Some of the fog whisperers I enjoy and pick me up when I am down.
Yes. Why do you ask?
the only thing they did in-game was (mild) Chat harassment in endgame chat, which is the only thing that is reportable towards BHVR as anything else you described was outside of their game and therefor outside of their control.
As I have said, there should definitely be ways on the other platforms to report that behavior, but that’s all I can tell you here as I am not that keen on those platforms and how reports work there.
Profile set to private.
If survivors are crying after a game you did your job well.
Really brings back MW2 memories of people randomly sending you messages to 1v1 and never updating their win/loss when it doesnt go their way.
Kind of like that 500 win streak demo guy.
Agree I am also from wow and it can also be pretty toxic but dbd is next level #########.
You can set it to "friends only" as well? Almost every piece of information you give out online is voluntary.
Private profile, endgame chat disabled, and you are in a vacuum.
Yeah kids these days are soft. You read a post like this and wonder if it's his first online game or something. "Waahh someone said bad word over the internet"
😂 That guy true I remember him xD
You are absolutely right but it is still weird that you are trying to defend ppl like this? xD Again I dont have anything against salty ppl writing on my profile, my problem is with ppl who literally harass friends of mine. You cannot just say "well just turn it on private", how about seeing it that way that ppl shouldnt do that in the first place? You cannot give in on everything other ppl do, sometimes you gotta show ppl that what they did is not okey and they should feel the consequences. Ppl like this will never stop otherwise, not doing this just for me, the mentioned streamer is very toxic towards many ppl. She and her squad seem to be very toxic not just towards me, more towards everyone.
Right I'm ngl I was gonna ask where the "beyond limits" came into this then I read beyond the Screenshots 🏃
Sorry you had to deal with this man
Why start victim shaming, here? Yeah, maybe that wasn't the most clever thing to do after their salty chat, but 1) post game chat is always dumb, but in a real talk most people are just normal people and 2) more important, even if accepting the friend requests were the dumbest move imaginable, this still doesn't make BenZ0 in any way, shape or form responsible for this way, way, WAY over the top hatred and personal attacks.
Thank for that kitty <3
So if I leave my house unlocked and with the door wide open, can I really be upset when I come home to being robbed? That's literally what this is the equivalent to. If I leave a 100$ bill on the ground in a public area, how upset can I be when I come back and it's missing?
It's just common sense. And yes, I will shame people for lacking it.
Ok well i'm sorry your friends are dumb enough to accept friend invites from random strangers on the internet. Or even more dumb for staying there and listening instead of just blocking them? Idk what to tell you.
I am also suprised, I mean it is always easier to view something from an outstanding stand point but I am also suprised how someone can possibly defend this.
They wrote on their profiles and screenshots lol, I feel like at this point you are nit picking everything possible just to be right somehow.
How does this analogy can be compared at any possible way?
Yup.
About a year ago, I ran into a streamer and his mates running a bit of a bully squad. Clicky clicky teabag teabag and a Badham offering. Fortunately I was on Hag and they were overconfident, leading to one situation where I hooked 3 of them at the same time - eventually winning.
The chap apparently sent a bunch of people (maybe 10 total?) over to post nasty things on my Steam page. He ended up getting a Twitch ban, I ended up making my Steam profile permanently private.
It's odd that a game with such a wholesome external community has such a genuinely unpleasant ingame community.
I had a killer send me child por*.
There are nuances to everything. Yes, keeping your front door unlocked might not be a clever thing to do (even though in some rural areas its pretty common), but if someone goes in there and steals anything that ain't nailed down, that person is still committing a crime and is still entering unlawful. And in this case you can still berate the victim, if you chose so, but you shouldn't blame them and imply that they somehow deserved their fate.
And getting an invite on steam isn't like getting a random call on your phone and being quizzed for your personal information, steam is a gaming platform (duh, who would have thought :D) that encourages people to interact and to connect. As I said, this stuff is more nuanced then pure black and white vision allows for. Maybe give it a try yourself :)
Chat should just be disabled by default and you should have to through options to even enable it. It serves no point but to upset others. Oh, and to the one guy repeatedly trying to make some gotcha by saying someone accepted a friend invite: I've had survivors go to my screenshots for HOUSE FLIPPER just to insult me for a DBD game. I've had people go to my twitch and send me messages through twitch private messages, just to scream at me because my profile comments were locked. People who really really get upset and want to vent will fine a way. And as far as I know, you can't disable comments on screenshots on steam. Not unless you go and individually do it for every single screenshot you ever took, as far as I can understand.
Well said my Nemesis brother
High Quality Banana
See: here's the thing.
If I leave my house unlocked, that is a silly thing to do.
However, it doesn't mean that I deserve to be robbed, or that the robbers are somehow not at fault.
The real fault always rests with the person doing something deliberately malicious, not the person who is perhaps a bit too trusting.
Dead by Daylight is the only game that ever made me have to set my account to private in 18 years.
I mean it makes sense what you say but I still dont get how this analogy has anything to do with my situation? xD I accept the add AFTER he reached out to my friends and discord.
Ditto.
I've played all sorts of rough-and-tumble games - LoL, DOTA, DOTA2, Unreal Tournament, Quake 3, Friday The 13th etc.
DbD is the only game where I've had multiple people follow me out of the game to hassle me and the game that made me private my profile.
I’m sorry this happened to you
Thank you, honestly I dont really feel that upset about that stuff that happens to be, I feel more upset and sad for my friends and discord mods. I for myself dont get that easily triggered, its very hard to reach under my skin but I cannot stand if other ppl are getting pulled into stuff for no reason.
I don’t understand why this game has such toxic people on both sides
Yes. My point was that accepting an invite from someone you played a game with online should not open you up to harassment or abuse.
It's...complicated.
Partially, it's the game. DbD is very snowbally - meaning that 'close' games are rare. It either feels like you just stomped someone hollow, or got absolutely spanked. People with fragile egos...tend to have the worst brought out of them by stuff like this, and the whiplash of feeling like a god to feeling like hot garbage is unpleasant.
That said, partially it's because the developers have gone on record as saying that they consider 'smack talk' to be an essential component of online gaming - which certain people take as having carte blanche to act the fool.
These are the survivors you cannot please. They will insult you if they win and they will insult you if they lose. They are just so full of themselfs. Best thing to do is to be sarcastic or kill them with kindness. Never give more fuel to a troll which is to argue with them because that is what they want.
Nothing pisses off a troll more than you just being sarcastic or killing them with kindness.
Agree, I met the majority of my friends like that, especially one of my best friends.
and this is apart of the problem. For the longest time everyone has said "just deal with it" but it's far past that now.
The OP decided to add someone as a "friend" who was literally telling them to eff themselves in the endgame chat. What do you expect? Grab a hot frying pan and see if it burns you. It's Darwinism to the next level. We can only be happy the OP learned his lesson on something as trivial as a video game instead of something actually important.
And yes, getting a friend invite on steam from a random person is promptly declined. If someone made an impression on me, I know who they are already.
I am sorry to say this but you maybe wanna change your attitude a little.
Why do you PC players leave the chat on when you know it’s 98% toxic?? It’s not worth the anguish for the few times ppl are actually good sports. Not to be mean, but I no longer have sympathy for you guys when you post stuff like this. TURN THE CHAT OFF- IT’S NOT HEALTHY!
If you would read my post then you wouldve known what its actually about, Idc about the chat lol
I read it bro, but all of that could’ve been avoided. You fed them. They knew you were meming and then they took it a step further.
And that’s why we console players won’t get one
Idk bro- we ended up with one in Overwatch and that made the game sooooooo much more toxic because you can type at ANY time DURING a match. After 6 months of that cesspool, I turned that ######### off. Teammates turning on teammates in game chat with the opposing team seeing the internal conflict was the last straw for me.
‘Anyways, my point being don’t count that idea out with BHVR. I think they already floated the idea of pregame chat for crossplay.
I had one match today vs a really good blight. He destroyed my team. I was gonna message him the usual, “ggs you were really good!” But then he found my friend by the gate and hooked her and proceeded to hit her 4 times on the hook. That’s when I just moved on not gonna give some toxic guy props