suggestion- Killers shouldn't know the players' names until the match is over

I see many killers leaving the lobby or even generating bullying in players who are known, whether by stream or in other ways, I personally think it's unfair for survivors not to know the name of who plays killer when they know who they're going to face, the ideal was for killers to only know the survs name when the match is over, the same for the items they are using, I think it's unfair for killers to receive this information.

Comments

  • @JoaoVanBlizzard said:

    I see many killers leaving the lobby or even generating bullying in players who are known, whether by stream or in other ways, I personally think it's unfair for survivors not to know the name of who plays killer when they know who they're going to face, the ideal was for killers to only know the survs name when the match is over, the same for the items they are using, I think it's unfair for killers to receive this information.

    Never seen a killer dc because of names tbh

  • They could use some random name generator so killers have some way to distinguish. Otherwise you can't keep track of who is who when you're trying to spread the love and not tunnel. It's bad enough you see the same 'avatar' for each survivor.

  • Yes, please.

    Not even because of the reasons you gave but because there's this one particular, infamous EU Pig main that's also a known groomer that seriously has it out for me and has sent his community to harass my socials before because I... use a filter to help colourblindness...

    I'd do anything to have a decent game where he doesn't bring the most bullshit add-ons and facecamp/tunnel me w/ a mori at 5 gens for not having functional eyes.

  • I'm pretty sure there is an option in options to turn off names

  • @Ripley said:

    They could use some random name generator so killers have some way to distinguish. Otherwise you can't keep track of who is who when you're trying to spread the love and not tunnel. It's bad enough you see the same 'avatar' for each survivor.

    but it would be better if the game had this, since there is an option to hide player names, I think that for killers it should already be hidden

  • I agree, even though I might go even further as no players at all should see player names before the match starts, not even survivors seeing the names of other survivors.

    Items and the survivors chosen should stay though, the killer seeing that in the lobby is intentional and a part of the game.

  • what about profiles? i usually check for previous bans or private profiles that just own dbd so i don't go against a hacker

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Yes, please.

    Not even because of the reasons you gave but because there's this one particular, infamous EU Pig main that's also a known groomer that seriously has it out for me and has sent his community to harass my socials before because I... use a filter to help colourblindness...

    I'd do anything to have a decent game where he doesn't bring the most bullshit add-ons and facecamp/tunnel me w/ a mori at 5 gens for not having functional eyes.

    yes, there are several reasons, but I wanted to mention the ones I see most often, but I know there are many reasons why I think survs nick names should be hidden from the killer.

  • I just want to see the killer's name, as GBK said, there's a certain EU Pig main that literally plays like their life depends on it, and will complain about everything no matter how the match ended for them. I'd rather just not have to ever play against them again.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Yes, please.

    Not even because of the reasons you gave but because there's this one particular, infamous EU Pig main that's also a known groomer that seriously has it out for me and has sent his community to harass my socials before because I... use a filter to help colourblindness...

    I'd do anything to have a decent game where he doesn't bring the most bullshit add-ons and facecamp/tunnel me w/ a mori at 5 gens for not having functional eyes.

    This is really a case of harrassment though. I hope you are reporting them so they get banned.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Yes, please.

    Not even because of the reasons you gave but because there's this one particular, infamous EU Pig main that's also a known groomer that seriously has it out for me and has sent his community to harass my socials before because I... use a filter to help colourblindness...

    I'd do anything to have a decent game where he doesn't bring the most bullshit add-ons and facecamp/tunnel me w/ a mori at 5 gens for not having functional eyes.

    I feel like they should give you the option. Sorry that happened to you

  • @indieeden7 said:

    I just want to see the killer's name, as GBK said, there's a certain EU Pig main that literally plays like their life depends on it, and will complain about everything no matter how the match ended for them. I'd rather just not have to ever play against them again.

    You’ve gone up against the person?

  • I honestly forget the player names once the match starts

    I go by who they picked and cosmetics on them

  • I've said it before - they should give everyone a DBD ID, in lobby/match it only says survivor 1-4 and in end game screen it says the DBD ID next to which survivor it belonged to for reporting. This way they can streamline reporting across platforms and it removes the ability for players to target players they've played against before. Since SBMM I have started playing against same players in multiple back to back matches way more than I did in the emblem system and it's not a fun experience.

  • @JoaoVanBlizzard said:

    I see many killers leaving the lobby or even generating bullying in players who are known, whether by stream or in other ways, I personally think it's unfair for survivors not to know the name of who plays killer when they know who they're going to face, the ideal was for killers to only know the survs name when the match is over, the same for the items they are using, I think it's unfair for killers to receive this information.

    Counterpoint: Either let survivors see my name and keep all names visible, or let me see if players are together or if they have a ban in lobby (and remove the names).

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Yes, please.

    Not even because of the reasons you gave but because there's this one particular, infamous EU Pig main that's also a known groomer that seriously has it out for me and has sent his community to harass my socials before because I... use a filter to help colourblindness...

    I'd do anything to have a decent game where he doesn't bring the most bullshit add-ons and facecamp/tunnel me w/ a mori at 5 gens for not having functional eyes.

    Change your steam name if it's THAT bad

  • Tfw he checks Steam profiles feat. previous names and I don't really want to replace everything about my Profile every 30 seconds

    Blame the ######### doing this not the person who has to go through it my guy, good lord.

  • @Ripley said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2827453#Comment_2827453

    This is really a case of harrassment though. I hope you are reporting them so they get banned.

    my guy if they havent been banned for being a confirmed pedophile then my reports wont do anything

    and i know this, because my reports have done nothing.

  • No simply because there is 99999 VAC hackers and we need to see their profile.

  • @oxygen said:

    I agree, even though I might go even further as no players at all should see player names before the match starts, not even survivors seeing the names of other survivors.

    Items and the survivors chosen should stay though, the killer seeing that in the lobby is intentional and a part of the game.

    Among survivors, well, I was going to say that I didn't think it was a problem, but I've seen survivors bullying others, usually streamers, what I think survivors should know, was the perk that others are using, since swf can communicate and random players don't, but that's a topic for another topic, I won't focus on that here,

  • @JoaoVanBlizzard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2827460#Comment_2827460

    Among survivors, well, I was going to say that I didn't think it was a problem, but I've seen survivors bullying others, usually streamers, what I think survivors should know, was the perk that others are using, since swf can communicate and random players don't, but that's a topic for another topic, I won't focus on that here,

    Oh yeah, I do agree that seeing the perk builds of others should be a thing in the lobby. Could just have anonymized names there though, me myself I've had some player that for some reason lost to time really despised me, and no matter if I met them as killer or survivor they'd try to screw me over in particular.

    At the very least hiding/anonymizing your info should be an option. Even though then I'm sure you'd get people shaming others for using the option, just like some shame private profiles and the like, but if that became a widespread problem it could always just be made against the rules or something.

  • I’m pretty sure DbD Mobile doesn’t even let you see the survivors at all in the lobby and it greatly mitigates lobby dodging without significantly hurting killers. Sure, there’s the minimal effect that maybe a killer who sees a bunch of flashlights will equip Lightborn, but that’s such a corner case it would be worth hiding the survivors on PC just to get rid of lobby dodging to help improve the matchmaking.

  • @fulltonon said:

    No simply because there is 99999 VAC hackers and we need to see their profile.

    this can be done in the end game, where it shows the name and the perks that everyone used, the idea of ​​my post is not to show the name of the players in the lobby and during the game, about hack who had to take care of the anti cheat and not us, at least it shouldn't be

  • @dugman said:

    I’m pretty sure DbD Mobile doesn’t even let you see the survivors at all in the lobby and it greatly mitigates lobby dodging without significantly hurting killers. Sure, there’s the minimal effect that maybe a killer who sees a bunch of flashlights will equip Lightborn, but that’s such a corner case it would be worth hiding the survivors on PC just to get rid of lobby dodging to help improve the matchmaking.

    In fact, I think it's even fair for the killer not to see the survs' items, can you imagine if the survs could know if Myers is using the "Judith's Tombstone" or Wraith has an add on to read auras, I was going to build a build to counter these add ons before the match starts, you can be sure that a lot of killer builds specific builds just by seeing the name of the surv that plays and the items they are taking to the match

  • @JoaoVanBlizzard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2828345#Comment_2828345

    In fact, I think it's even fair for the killer not to see the survs' items, can you imagine if the survs could know if Myers is using the "Judith's Tombstone" or Wraith has an add on to read auras, I was going to build a build to counter these add ons before the match starts, you can be sure that a lot of killer builds specific builds just by seeing the name of the surv that plays and the items they are taking to the match

    Not seeing the survivors at all actually does prevent additional lobby dodging because some people will go as far as dodging a lobby that, for instance, has all of the same survivor because they assume it’s a swf.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Yes, please.

    Not even because of the reasons you gave but because there's this one particular, infamous EU Pig main that's also a known groomer that seriously has it out for me and has sent his community to harass my socials before because I... use a filter to help colourblindness...

    I'd do anything to have a decent game where he doesn't bring the most bullshit add-ons and facecamp/tunnel me w/ a mori at 5 gens for not having functional eyes.

    Oh yeah the one I never miss an opportunity to make fun of?

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Yes, please.

    Not even because of the reasons you gave but because there's this one particular, infamous EU Pig main that's also a known groomer that seriously has it out for me and has sent his community to harass my socials before because I... use a filter to help colourblindness...

    I'd do anything to have a decent game where he doesn't bring the most bullshit add-ons and facecamp/tunnel me w/ a mori at 5 gens for not having functional eyes.

    I have colorblindness too and I feel ya :)

    But honestly, in terms of removing names, I would not like that, especially if there are 2 of the same characters in a match. Sometimes you try not to tunnel and oopsies they DC

  • @JoaoVanBlizzard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2828329#Comment_2828329

    this can be done in the end game, where it shows the name and the perks that everyone used, the idea of ​​my post is not to show the name of the players in the lobby and during the game, about hack who had to take care of the anti cheat and not us, at least it shouldn't be

    No, I just want to dodge those bastard.

    There is even a chance you can't even get to "end game" at all.

  • @GoobyNugget said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2827453#Comment_2827453

    I have colorblindness too and I feel ya :)

    But honestly, in terms of removing names, I would not like that, especially if there are 2 of the same characters in a match. Sometimes you try not to tunnel and oopsies they DC

    that's no reason, killers tunnel whenever they want, if they don't know the name, at least it won't give the impression that they're doing it for personal reasons to that player