Matchmaking is garbage on killer

So I don't play killer in a while to lower my mmr I play one match okay fair fight on both ends next match second match after a while of not playing and I face super high skill survivors. How is the better matchmaking still doing worse then old matchmaking.

Comments

  • Sounds like you performed well your MMR went up so it paired you against better players to determine if you could compete you probably didn't perform as well and you're now here asking a question that's been answered many times. MMR is a system which can take you and match you against people with your same MMR, Lower MMR or even Higher MMR, it does this same thing in other games. Welcome to MMR, where everyone will experience sweat matches at some point. Not Playing Killer isn't going to make the sweat just go away. I spent 3 months away from the game, returned, played 3 Hag games and was against the same survivors I was getting prior to leaving. Same with Freddy, got back into Playing him after 4 matches already getting insanely good Survivors. It's the nature of the system.

  • Just played nurse for the second time and got this like behavior fix the matchmaking

    16481651974688851680317820864868.jpg

    Like What even is then this is only the second game I ever played with her and I had lost the first one already

  • @jamally093 said:

    So I don't play killer in a while to lower my mmr I play one match okay fair fight on both ends next match second match after a while of not playing and I face super high skill survivors. How is the better matchmaking still doing worse then old matchmaking.

    SBMM doesn’t work, so no matter how low your MMR score may be, you’ll still be matched with survivors who have thousands of hours and know how to optimally loop every tile in the game

  • @Wacko81 said:

    Just played nurse for the second time and got this like behavior fix the matchmaking

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/SLTLH242CVI9/16481651974688851680317820864868.jpg

    Like What even is then this is only the second game I ever played with her and I had lost the first one already

    Playing a new killer doesn't mean you're new to the game and it means you know how to play killer so you will be matched against decent players because matching you with new players is unfair for them

  • @BadZilla said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2866088#Comment_2866088

    Playing a new killer doesn't mean you're new to the game and it means you know how to play killer so you will be matched against decent players because matching you with new players is unfair for them

    Yeah, let me get stomped for 30 games so my MMR can be at a level where I can start to learn the Killer.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2866117#Comment_2866117

    Yeah, let me get stomped for 30 games so my MMR can be at a level where I can start to learn the Killer.

    I gave up on Blight just because of that my MMR is too high playing other killers so I'm facing survivors that can dodge blight easily and especially since he is difficult to play ( harder than nurse for me ) I just gave up not worth the stress) I hope they introduce a mode vs AI players so we can practice killers as an alternative.

  • @MonsterInMyMind said:

    Sounds like you performed well your MMR went up so it paired you against better players to determine if you could compete you probably didn't perform as well and you're now here asking a question that's been answered many times. MMR is a system which can take you and match you against people with your same MMR, Lower MMR or even Higher MMR, it does this same thing in other games. Welcome to MMR, where everyone will experience sweat matches at some point. Not Playing Killer isn't going to make the sweat just go away. I spent 3 months away from the game, returned, played 3 Hag games and was against the same survivors I was getting prior to leaving. Same with Freddy, got back into Playing him after 4 matches already getting insanely good Survivors. It's the nature of the system.

    That is only the case in an ideal scenario where the number of survivors and killers of equal skill is the same. In actuality what happens is that as soon as the system detects that queue times are long because of a shortage of killers/survivors, it forces people into matches that they know for a fact will be unfair to keep queue times down. Since nobody wants to play killer anymore due to the devs' survivor bias, what happens more often than not is that that 4 man SWF bully squad has been waiting for too long so the system grabbed the first poor sob who made the mistake of queueing up to be the designated party clown to entertain said bully squad.

  • @jamally093 said:

    So I don't play killer in a while to lower my mmr I play one match okay fair fight on both ends next match second match after a while of not playing and I face super high skill survivors. How is the better matchmaking still doing worse then old matchmaking.

    Mmr doesn't decay if your 1500 mmr and don't play for 2 months your mmr will still be at 1500 when you come back.

    For what we have learned about individual killer mmr it will be about 200 less max for your highest killer mmr. So technically you could be a god a Huntress and 4k all the time but try to learn nurse and keep 4 man outing there will be a point where your individual killer mmr will not lower.

    Actually in theory you could never win a game playing nurse and still move her mmr up because you keep pushing up your highest killers mmr which would move nurses mmr up as well

  • I figured it out. I threw so many games to get my mmr low enough that I can play to have fun, then just sacrifice the strongest survivor and weakest survivor and for the most part I stay around the same mmr.

    At least it feels that way.

  • @Kurri said:

    I figured it out. I threw so many games to get my mmr low enough that I can play to have fun, then just sacrifice the strongest survivor and weakest survivor and for the most part I stay around the same mmr.

    At least it feels that way.

    The MMR system is actually pretty simple.

    For survivors:

    Escape through the Exit Gates: MMR goes up

    Escape through the Hatch: MMR stays the same

    Do not escape: MMR goes down

    For killers

    0-1 kills: mmr goes down

    2 kills: MMR stays the same

    3-4 kills: MMR goes up

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2866117#Comment_2866117

    Yeah, let me get stomped for 30 games so my MMR can be at a level where I can start to learn the Killer.

    If you would start with super-low MMR it would be not fair either. Lets take Sadako for example - she is not difficult to play at all, she has a very low skill ceiling. And she is an M1-Killer. It would not be fair to start at very low MMR with her and get matched with new Survivors.

    Let alone that starting at low MMR would screw over Matchmaking entirely when a new Killer is released, because everyone plays them and the queues at the low MMR would be so long that the Matchmaking would throw something together regardless of MMR.

  • @BadZilla said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2866088#Comment_2866088

    Playing a new killer doesn't mean you're new to the game and it means you know how to play killer so you will be matched against decent players because matching you with new players is unfair for them

    But that was the whole argument about having a separated skill rating for every killer. That people could pick up new killers and play against "easier" players instead of facing red ranks.

  • @jamally093 said:

    So I don't play killer in a while to lower my mmr I play one match okay fair fight on both ends next match second match after a while of not playing and I face super high skill survivors. How is the better matchmaking still doing worse then old matchmaking.

    Matchmaking adjusts really quickly to your level of play, I've discovered.

  • @FrostyEyesSusie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2866209#Comment_2866209

    The MMR system is actually pretty simple.

    For survivors:

    Escape through the Exit Gates: MMR goes up

    Escape through the Hatch: MMR stays the same

    Do not escape: MMR goes down

    For killers

    0-1 kills: mmr goes down

    2 kills: MMR stays the same

    3-4 kills: MMR goes up

    Yeah for the most part. However including that if a survivor takes hatch the killer doesn't lose or gain mmr on that result. Also the killers mmr gain or loss is based on the difference between the killer's mmr and that survivors mmr, so you will relatively stay near the same mmr if the only 2 survivors you kill was the strongest and weakest survivor you were matched against.

  • @Wacko81 said:

    Just played nurse for the second time and got this like behavior fix the matchmaking

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/SLTLH242CVI9/16481651974688851680317820864868.jpg

    Like What even is then this is only the second game I ever played with her and I had lost the first one already

    You don't tier 3 your perks before playing? why?

  • @Kurri said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2866727#Comment_2866727

    Yeah for the most part. However including that if a survivor takes hatch the killer doesn't lose or gain mmr on that result. Also the killers mmr gain or loss is based on the difference between the killer's mmr and that survivors mmr, so you will relatively stay near the same mmr if the only 2 survivors you kill was the strongest and weakest survivor you were matched against.

    That's not actually how it works, your MMR goes up on down solely based on how many kills you've had in the match. The MMR of the survivors have no impact whatsoever on the ammount changed. That was how it was purported to be until it was reverse-enginneered and the devs admitted it was solely based on kills.

  • It works sometimes and sometimes not.

    So in the end it is more like random matchmaking.

  • I think mmr only works if survivors arent in a long que. If they are mm bends over backwards for them because theyre the majority

  • mmr doesn't degrade.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2866117#Comment_2866117

    But that was the whole argument about having a separated skill rating for every killer. That people could pick up new killers and play against "easier" players instead of facing red ranks.

    But seems it works in a middle way that you don't get matched against the elite bully squads you usually get but instead you gonna face decent players that will destroy you anyway because you're trying to learn a new killer so it didn't change anything.

  • MMR is garbage since release day, but Behaviour just ignore us so we have to find ways to have fun as killer, there is mine.

    *Pick the killer you want

    * Play Looking for hooks but not killing survivors, the ideal situation is 8 hook stages, 2 per survivor, this is hard at the beggining if you have High MMR, but after a few games It becomes easier and easier.

    * Try to build for anti loop, Like BBQ + Brutal + Endurance + Bamboozle, you don't want to avoid gens done, you want to down survivors faster.

    * After 8 hooks, just go Messing around and break walls, pallets or go make a sandwich

    Repeat.

    Your MMR Will be so low that you Will face the worst survivors ever seen, you Will easy stomp them and you Will get free pips and ranks until gold 2-1. After that if you want to climb to iri 1 for millón BP, just play that killer normally, you Will be Iri 1 before starting to get matched against good survivors. Kill 2 and let 2 escape but with 10 hooks, is really easy against potatos.

    Is It fair? Nope, but I don't care, Behaviour doesnt care about how stressfull are my killer matches with my mains so why should I care about randoms, bad luck if they get matched against me.


    You are free to be disrespectfull with me xD I just play for my 2 millions BP

  • @jamally093 said:

    So I don't play killer in a while to lower my mmr I play one match okay fair fight on both ends next match second match after a while of not playing and I face super high skill survivors. How is the better matchmaking still doing worse then old matchmaking.

    Same with survivors tho, I constantly get paired with people who seem to have only played this game for maybe a month, and Ill be against a pretty high level killer, this game is just frustrating to play now.

  • I just wish the broken MMR would work in my favor sometimes. If I'm getting beat by these teams who go down quick despite doing gens quick, why aren't I facing chill survivors now? Why does my MMR refuse to go down?

  • @BainesTaylor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/311674/matchmaking-is-garbage-on-killer

    Same with survivors tho, I constantly get paired with people who seem to have only played this game for maybe a month, and Ill be against a pretty high level killer, this game is just frustrating to play now.

    Please pay attention to the date on threads you post on, reviving old dead threads is kind of looked down upon, If its more than a few months old its better to just start a new discussion