Who else is excited for Elden Ring?

Genuinely can't wait! I just hope it lives up to the hype.

I wonder who will win game of the year this year? Last years games weren't amazing compared to other years. This year we have:

  • Horizon Forbidden West
  • Elden Ring
  • God Of War: Ragnorok (might be spelt wrong)

So many great games!

Tagged: BHVRMod

Comments

  • I love their games but I am not that excited anymore. It is getting repetitive, maybe I am not thinking straight tho.

    My favorite is probably sekiro so far. Elden ring reminds me of dark souls too much for some reason, and I am tired of ds.

  • I need a new dark souls copy in my life.

  • I am getting old - the excitement fades.

    It is a lot kinda the same... you`ve seen it before.

  • @Shaped said:

    I love their games but I am not that excited anymore. It is getting repetitive, maybe I am not thinking straight tho.

    My favorite is probably sekiro so far. Elden ring reminds me of dark souls too much for some reason, and I am tired of ds.

    I actually didn't really like Sekiro. I thought they repeated the same bosses too much. I'm definitely not burned out of DS and the bosses they have.

    @Sleem said:

    I need a new dark souls copy in my life.

    You and me both mate

    @Marc_123 said:

    I am getting old - the excitement fades.

    It is a lot kinda the same... you`ve seen it before.

    Yea it is very similar. I'm not as excited about it being open world as everyone else is (because I like to collect everything). However the bosses are unrivalled from any other game and the feeling beating them is unrivalled.

  • I have Dark Souls 3 open to play.

  • Yes, very excited for it. I did not play Sekiro (only a bit, but it did not really get me) and the last Soulslike I played was Code Vein over a year ago.

    So since DS3 I have not played a From Software-Game. Really looking forward to it.

  • I'd love to see them add an easy mode.


    Just so elitist gamers mald and r/gamingcirclejerk can get more gold content

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Yes, very excited for it. I did not play Sekiro (only a bit, but it did not really get me) and the last Soulslike I played was Code Vein over a year ago.

    So since DS3 I have not played a From Software-Game. Really looking forward to it.

    I didn't enjoy it either. I think my problem was I never really used the parrying system.

    If you haven't played Cuphead before, you should try it.

    @FlameLickVA said:

    I'd love to see them add an easy mode.

    Just so elitist gamers mald and r/gamingcirclejerk can get more gold content

    I really hope they don't make the game too easy or add an easy mode.

  • Eh, not really interested in Dark Souls type games. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

  • @dugman said:

    Eh, not really interested in Dark Souls type games. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

    Fair enough ๐Ÿ‘ it's a game where you need a lot of patience. It's the most rewarding game series you'll ever play though.

    When you meet someone who's beaten the games, without help, you have literally meet a brother.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2821450#Comment_2821450

    I didn't enjoy it either. I think my problem was I never really used the parrying system.

    If you haven't played Cuphead before, you should try it.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2821460#Comment_2821460

    I really hope they don't make the game too easy or add an easy mode.

    I know, wouldn't it be awful if they added a mode to make the game more accessible so everyone could enjoy it.

  • @JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2821887#Comment_2821887

    I know, wouldn't it be awful if they added a mode to make the game more accessible so everyone could enjoy it.

    Nah, it is part of the experience to have a somewhat difficult game. And personally, I think the difficulty of Souls-games is hugely exaggerated. They are challenging, this is for sure, but they are not really the hardest games ever.

    But I have also tried to play games like I wanna be the guy, and IMO Miyazaki makes casual games compared to this ######### who created I wanna be the guy.


    @CashelP14 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2821450#Comment_2821450

    I didn't enjoy it either. I think my problem was I never really used the parrying system.

    If you haven't played Cuphead before, you should try it.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2821460#Comment_2821460

    I really hope they don't make the game too easy or add an easy mode.

    I dont know, I just did not enjoy it in general. Not even the gameplay itself, but it just felt weird to play a From Software-Game which such a low amount of customization, e.g. I want to try out different weapons and the excitment to find a new weapon and test out its moveset makes a lot for me in Fromt Software-Games.

    I think I will try Cuphead at some point, but I really struggle to start new games. I am that kind of guy who dumps in lots of hours in a few games instead.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2822219#Comment_2822219

    Nah, it is part of the experience to have a somewhat difficult game. And personally, I think the difficulty of Souls-games is hugely exaggerated. They are challenging, this is for sure, but they are not really the hardest games ever.

    But I have also tried to play games like I wanna be the guy, and IMO Miyazaki makes casual games compared to this ######### who created I wanna be the guy.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2821887#Comment_2821887

    I dont know, I just did not enjoy it in general. Not even the gameplay itself, but it just felt weird to play a From Software-Game which such a low amount of customization, e.g. I want to try out different weapons and the excitment to find a new weapon and test out its moveset makes a lot for me in Fromt Software-Games.

    I think I will try Cuphead at some point, but I really struggle to start new games. I am that kind of guy who dumps in lots of hours in a few games instead.

    What I will say about Cuphead is that it's a different style of game but it is incredibly difficult.

    The thing you will love the most about it is the music. As a souls fan you know how important the music is to a boss. Well Cupheads boss music is amazing!

    @JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2821887#Comment_2821887

    I know, wouldn't it be awful if they added a mode to make the game more accessible so everyone could enjoy it.

    As Aven said it's part of the experience. You play a souls game for the souls experience. You expect bosses that will take a hour plus to beat, but when you beat it you feel amazing. You appreciate the difficulty because it feels fair.

  • I have concerns...I always get hyped and then get a bit disappointed when a game doesn't live up to my expectations (Dying Light 2 for example). I probably won't play Elden Ring at first - lets just say my completion rate with Souls born games are a bit on the low side :( But I will definitely be watching some streamers play it.

  • @Mandy said:

    I have concerns...I always get hyped and then get a bit disappointed when a game doesn't live up to my expectations (Dying Light 2 for example). I probably won't play Elden Ring at first - lets just say my completion rate with Souls born games are a bit on the low side :( But I will definitely be watching some streamers play it.

    Not finishing a souls game is a sin ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

    I'd say watch the first few hours of the game and then decide. That's what I did before playing Detriot Become Human.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2822467#Comment_2822467

    Not finishing a souls game is a sin ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

    I'd say watch the first few hours of the game and then decide. That's what I did before playing Detriot Become Human.

    I finished Bloodborne, it may have taken me a long while but I did finish it

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2822488#Comment_2822488

    I finished Bloodborne, it may have taken me a long while but I did finish it

    Ok that's my 3rd favourite game of all time so I respect that. A literal 10/10 game.

    Did you not finish DS3?

  • @CashelP14 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2822490#Comment_2822490

    Ok that's my 3rd favourite game of all time so I respect that. A literal 10/10 game.

    Did you not finish DS3?

    I didn't even start it! I do own it, but still have not got around to playing it.

    I will say time is a massive factor for me, I need to spend so much time on these games because I'm really not good at them, and I just don't have a large amount of free time

  • @CashelP14 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2821896#Comment_2821896

    Fair enough ๐Ÿ‘ it's a game where you need a lot of patience. It's the most rewarding game series you'll ever play though.

    When you meet someone who's beaten the games, without help, you have literally meet a brother.

    I have patience, Iโ€™m just not into that style of game. I have no problem with a game being hard.

  • I'm excited for Elden Ring. Got it pre-ordered and downloaded ready for release date.

    Just recently finished Dark Souls 3 again and watched all the early game play to make sure I'm ready. I'll probably disappear from society for a while. I can't wait!

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2822498#Comment_2822498

    I didn't even start it! I do own it, but still have not got around to playing it.

    I will say time is a massive factor for me, I need to spend so much time on these games because I'm really not good at them, and I just don't have a large amount of free time

    DS3 has the best bosses of the series imo so it's unfortunate you haven't gotten to experience them yet. If you have no time that's fine ๐Ÿ‘ I usually give play souls games in short bursts (2 hours) after work before I leave it for a day.

    @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2822162#Comment_2822162

    I have patience, Iโ€™m just not into that style of game. I have no problem with a game being hard.

    That's fair ๐Ÿ‘ I enjoy the new God Of War but definitely couldn't play the old games since they weren't my play style.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2822502#Comment_2822502

    DS3 has the best bosses of the series imo so it's unfortunate you haven't gotten to experience them yet. If you have no time that's fine ๐Ÿ‘ I usually give play souls games in short bursts (2 hours) after work before I leave it for a day.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2822647#Comment_2822647

    That's fair ๐Ÿ‘ I enjoy the new God Of War but definitely couldn't play the old games since they weren't my play style.

    Yeah, Iโ€™m not saying the game looks bad so who knows? ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

  • I absolutely adore Bloodborne, but I haven't really tried other souls games. Things that I love about Bloodborne are missing in other souls games. So chances are, I won't be playing Elden ring. I do hope it lives up to your expectations though :)

  • Meh, used to be a big souls fan but my interest from the games faded. I am however super excited for STALKER.

  • @RoboMojo said:

    I absolutely adore Bloodborne, but I haven't really tried other souls games. Things that I love about Bloodborne are missing in other souls games. So chances are, I won't be playing Elden ring. I do hope it lives up to your expectations though :)

    Fair enough. I hope it lives up to expectations also ๐Ÿ‘

  • The reviews of it seem good so far...and it made me just buy it!

  • @Mandy said:

    The reviews of it seem good so far...and it made me just buy it!

    Ign gave it 10/10. The last game I played that they reviewed was God Of War and it's my 5th favourite game ever.

    Make sure you get playing this one lol

  • I

    CANNOT

    WAIT

    FOR

    IT

    ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ

  • Other From Software were amazing. I finished all of them 3 or 4 times. So yeah, i am so excited for Elden Rings. Probably it will eat my a month.

  • @Gcarrara said:

    I

    CANNOT

    WAIT

    FOR

    IT

    ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ

    YOU

    AND

    ME

    BOTH

    BROTHER

    ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

    @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    Other From Software were amazing. I finished all of them 3 or 4 times. So yeah, i am so excited for Elden Rings. Probably it will eat my a month.

    It'll probably be the same for me lol I'll literally only play dbd on Friday night with my swf

  • @CashelP14 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2824802#Comment_2824802

    YOU

    AND

    ME

    BOTH

    BROTHER

    ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2825015#Comment_2825015

    It'll probably be the same for me lol I'll literally only play dbd on Friday night with my swf

    Yeah, i need to finish rift before it. Last 6 levels, so probably i can finish today. So sad they gave us BP event with very wrong time. I don't think i will have time for any game.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2825059#Comment_2825059

    Yeah, i need to finish rift before it. Last 6 levels, so probably i can finish today. So sad they gave us BP event with very wrong time. I don't think i will have time for any game.

    Well I'm miles behind on the rift so I don't think I'll finish it anytime soon lol

  • @Gcarrara said:

    I

    CANNOT

    WAIT

    FOR

    IT

    ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ

    But surely the DbD Bloodrush is going to keep you from playing it for a week, isn't it?



    Just joking, I'm stoked af for it as well ๐Ÿ˜

  • I'm excited for it in a year and a half when the price drops to $20 during Steam sales.

  • @hailxsatanxeveryxday said:

    I'm excited for it in a year and a half when the price drops to $20 during Steam sales.

    Compared to most new games it's quite cheap. ยฃ45 is a lot less than the Call Of Dutys that cost ยฃ65.

    I think your risking spoilers but fair enough ๐Ÿ‘

  • @CashelP14 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2826291#Comment_2826291

    Compared to most new games it's quite cheap. ยฃ45 is a lot less than the Call Of Dutys that cost ยฃ65.

    I think your risking spoilers but fair enough ๐Ÿ‘

    Yeah, but I'm a broke-ass schizo with no cash.

    I can't last a job more than a week, I can't convince the SSI people that I'm too disabled to work because I can string a sentence together much of the time, and I can't spend food stamps on video games (assuming I didn't always run out halfway through the month, anyway). I can make a small amount of money if I try, but even $20 is a fortune.

    Having completely switched to Linux has had the side effect that I've started buying most of my games instead of pirating them, because the update support is better, and Steam's prices are so low during sales that it's actually an attractive option, but the fact of the matter is I still haven't even finished the original DS trilogy yet. Hell, I've been playing Skyrim for a decade, and I don't think I've even completed the main quest yet (mostly in it for the mods).

    What the hell do people do to make money?

  • Elden ring is bloody amazing

  • Honestly, Elden Ring looks TOO difficult. Like Dark Souls 1, I literally quit playing because of so many deaths. I want to relax a bit with gaming lol.