Killer's powers you have no chances to predict and outplay are boring

It used to be spirit because of her stupid Mechanics, Now it's Huntress and Blight. Against huntress you never know if she'll hit you behind the corner. Because of the latency and hitbox sizes it's almost impossible to move right and not get hit

Blight has so many exploits you never feel safe. Good blight can hit you almost on every tile and there is no good counterplay for that.

Terrible flawed and boring killers

Comments

  • Huntress isn’t as bad but I agree blight is probably by far the most boring killer to go against in this game.

  • Strongly disagree here. Blight is damn hard to play properly and requires in depth map knowledge and an understanding of bump logic to have consistent results. He's one of those killers you need to play yourself to understand what he can and cannot do. Once that's done, countering him becomes surprisingly fun. As for huntress, that sounds like a problem on your end. Yes, her hatchets have refrigerator sized hitboxes, but once you know that you can play around it. Most sus hits in my experience happen when you are out in the open and in that case the survivor messed up. Just practice more against her instead of demanding nerfs. DBD has far bigger problems than a mid-A tier killer having some odd throws

  • @Hex_Ignored said:

    I'm glad to see that now after spirit was nerfed out of s tier, people have moved on to complain about the next best thing. Who's it going to be after blight and huntress fall as well? Artist? Maybe pyramid head? Or are we feeling adventurous and nerf a middling killer into uselessness like what happened to deathslinger? I heard trickster is also "quite unfun" for survivors, so clearly he is overdue for a nerf, right?

    How about doc? The day i see people complain about doc is the day i start tunneling and camping, lol

  • @landromat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2816627#Comment_2816627

    Yes. when you know killer is able to hit you because of experience and make a right move is fun. Random hits you can't predict because of many factors are not

    I never know if im going to get hit or not by huntress. She's getting random hits she shouldn't and that's frustrating

    You mean "when I know a killer can swing so I can DH out of the way haha lol get rekt"

  • Call me clairvoyant because I can predict killer powers that the forums can't. It is a gift... And a curse.

  • It seems lately that when people don't like certain things they come to the forums and say that it's "boring". I have to guess that they think if the devs read that something is boring they are more likely to change it.

    "...you never feel safe"

    As a survivor you aren't supposed to feel safe. Every killer should make you feel unsafe. The game is flawed if you feel safe around any killer. I would say feeling safe playing against a supposedly terrifying serial killer would be "boring".

  • @TotemSeeker91 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2816605#Comment_2816605

    How about doc? The day i see people complain about doc is the day i start tunneling and camping, lol

    They're doing that already as well

  • @landromat said:

    It used to be spirit because of her stupid Mechanics, Now it's Huntress and Blight. Against huntress you never know if she'll hit you behind the corner. Because of the latency and hitbox sizes it's almost impossible to move right and not get hit

    Blight has so many exploits you never feel safe. Good blight can hit you almost on every tile and there is no good counterplay for that.

    Terrible flawed and boring killers

    against a good huntress that never misses i just don't bother trying to zig zag serpentine maneuver especially if they've got babushka addons that'll let them down a survivor in less than 5 secs. just keep looping a high wall pallet and never drop it, more often than not, no matter how good they are, they'll waste more than a minute trying to down you, giving enough time for your team to gen rush in her face. this strategy always ends up with a 2k or a close to 2k game.

    against a good blight? well, you better hope you don't end up in midwich or shelter woods.

  • @landromat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2816779#Comment_2816779

    You're wrong. A lot of people are playing with 100-120

    I live in eastern europe third world ish hole and my ping is almost always around 50.

    My internet is not that good either but I play wired so it is stable.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    No. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

    Stop trying to nerf killers you're too incompetent to face.

    Exactly this.

    Unpredictable, scary killers make the game interesting.

    Every killer being countered by just running around the same rock or holding W and running in a straight line is the most lazy, brain dead, idiotic design one could want for the game.

    But post after post there is an "I can't play against this using the same stuff I use for every other killer, nerf it waah, no counter play, its boring."

    "No counter play" has become a euphemistic rallying cry for the sore losers to lazy to mix it up one in a while.

    EDIT the word dumb to lazy its less confrontational.

  • You can still mindgame Blights who "exploit". Blight can be rather fun to face when they attempt to pull of curves and you manage to outplay them.

  • @Shaped said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2816788#Comment_2816788

    I live in eastern europe third world ish hole and my ping is almost always around 50.

    My internet is not that good either but I play wired so it is stable.

    There is even more easter europe

  • Replying to you would have me break forum rules so I will abstain

    abstain.png


  • That's how most people play dbd. And that's the reason we need hit validation in first place

  • @landromat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2817595#Comment_2817595

    That's how most people play dbd. And that's the reason we need hit validation in first place

    I'm 100% sure most people play in less than 40 pings, I can see their ping in the match.

  • Huntress and Blight can absolutely be outplayed. Blight less so, and Huntress' hitboxes are indeed wonky, but maybe consider that you still have things to learn playing against them.

    Artist, on the other hand....

  • @landromat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2816865#Comment_2816865

    Im not alone my friend. A lot of people live far from servers. If BHVR can not build servers close to me i'll demand killers to work properly in my country. Doesn't it make sense for you?

    We are reaching levels of entitlement here that shouldn't even be possible.

  • Predictable and exploitable weaknesses in powers are boring. Killers are more entertaining when an immediate threat.

  • @TotemSeeker91 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2816605#Comment_2816605

    How about doc? The day i see people complain about doc is the day i start tunneling and camping, lol

    Survivor mains already went after him a while ago. Complaints died down because complaints about Spirit and Freddy were more dominant. Also, most forum goers didn’t take Doc complaints seriously .

  • So they're next on your killer nerf chopping block?

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2816872#Comment_2816872

    We are reaching levels of entitlement here that shouldn't even be possible.

    Imaging demanding game to work properly

  • If you want predictable killer to play against play a pve game because that what bots do. No chance to outplay? What killer you can’t outplay. At least every killer have multiple debuffs in their power that are basically for survivors to take advantage of. Also killer are not omnipresent they can’t stop all the gens being rushed which is the biggest outplay if you want to be technical.

  • @landromat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2816950#Comment_2816950

    If i have access to the game in my country it's developers task to make it comfortable to play for me period

    And if they can't build me a server they should rework huntress so she's fine even with my ping

    oh man you’re the guy in the store yelling at staff that you’ll take your business elsewhere aren’t you?

    We’ll start a Kickstarter so you can get your own personal server in your living room.

  • @illusion said:

    It seems lately that when people don't like certain things they come to the forums and say that it's "boring". I have to guess that they think if the devs read that something is boring they are more likely to change it.

    "...you never feel safe"

    As a survivor you aren't supposed to feel safe. Every killer should make you feel unsafe. The game is flawed if you feel safe around any killer. I would say feeling safe playing against a supposedly terrifying serial killer would be "boring".

    This is my favourite line too, you never feel safe.

    I hate it when I get brutally chased and murdered by a mask wearing knife wielding maniac in an unsafe manner.

    I want to feel safe as survivor oh my god, my favourite horror movies are also the ones where nothing scary happens and no one gets killed.

    Pleasant dreams on elm street

    Halloween… candy

    Texas chainsaw tuning, maintenance and sales

    Laugh (which I thought was way better than scream)

    Laugh 2

    Familiar things

    Friday the 13th wedding anniversary, save the date!

    The haberdashery of Hill House

    Night of the living…room Tupperware party

    I got more but I’ll stop.

  • @pseudechis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2817396#Comment_2817396

    This is my favourite line too, you never feel safe.

    I hate it when I get brutally chased and murdered by a mask wearing knife wielding maniac in an unsafe manner.

    I want to feel safe as survivor oh my god, my favourite horror movies are also the ones where nothing scary happens and no one gets killed.

    Pleasant dreams on elm street

    Halloween… candy

    Texas chainsaw tuning, maintenance and sales

    Laugh (which I thought was way better than scream)

    Laugh 2

    Familiar things

    Friday the 13th wedding anniversary, save the date!

    The haberdashery of Hill House

    Night of the living…room Tupperware party

    I got more but I’ll stop.

    Thank you, you just made my early morning.

  • @pseudechis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2817396#Comment_2817396

    This is my favourite line too, you never feel safe.

    I hate it when I get brutally chased and murdered by a mask wearing knife wielding maniac in an unsafe manner.

    I want to feel safe as survivor oh my god, my favourite horror movies are also the ones where nothing scary happens and no one gets killed.

    Pleasant dreams on elm street

    Halloween… candy

    Texas chainsaw tuning, maintenance and sales

    Laugh (which I thought was way better than scream)

    Laugh 2

    Familiar things

    Friday the 13th wedding anniversary, save the date!

    The haberdashery of Hill House

    Night of the living…room Tupperware party

    I got more but I’ll stop.

    This is hilarious thanks for making me laugh while roasting the OP.

  • @landromat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2816606#Comment_2816606

    Because unpredictable is unfun. Games supposed to be fun

    "Predictable is unfun" is the best thing I've ever heard. A statement diametrically opposed to the truth. The minute a thing becomes totally predictable, the last iota of fun has been drained from it. Which is why doing the same looping dance every game suuuucks.


    Unpredictable hit boxes suck, tho. But that's not a killer design issue, it's a latency issue.

  • @Thusly_Boned said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2816620#Comment_2816620

    "Predictable is unfun" is the best thing I've ever heard. A statement diametrically opposed to the truth. The minute a thing becomes totally predictable, the last iota of fun has been drained from it. Which is why doing the same looping dance every game suuuucks.

    Unpredictable hit boxes suck, tho. But that's not a killer design issue, it's a latency issue.

    My whole post is about latency and exploits unpredictability. 0 words about game design

  • @landromat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2818074#Comment_2818074

    My whole post is about latency and exploits unpredictability. 0 words about game design

    "Terrible flawed and boring killers"

    Your exact words. That's game design. It's not a killer issue when you get hit around the corner by a hatchet. I get nailed by terrible latency hits by all killers on the regular, it just seems worse with a projectile, but it's all the same BS.

  • @Thusly_Boned said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2818075#Comment_2818075

    "Terrible flawed and boring killers"

    Your exact words. That's game design. It's not a killer issue when you get hit around the corner by a hatchet. I get nailed by terrible latency hits by all killers on the regular, it just seems worse with a projectile, but it's all the same BS.

    THAT's the killer issue if i get hit around the corner by a hatchet. Latency isn't going anywhere so it should be considered. Huntress is an old killer from p2p times. she was great back then, but it's time to change now

    Again, latency isn't going anywhere. Can't change it, so we have to change huntress

    That's not game design issue. Huntress is flawed because of latency and Blight because of exploits

  • That would be fixing a loading screen bug. Not building new servers because you can't play around a Huntress.

  • Still less boring than the average hold W playstyle of survivors

1 2 3 ›