Be wary! Massive flood of stretch resolution users inbound!

It's like a massive surge of nemesis/pinhead players before the nerf. You'll face against stretched resolution players before 5.6.0 patch! I just faced a couple of twitch streamers who used stretched res so be wary.

Comments

  • If people wanted to use stretched res they would be already, I don't think anybody is going to start using it, lol.


    Interesting to see what the next excuse will be when killers get mind gamed at a pallet or a loop, can't blame it on stretch res anymore.

  • I can turn crossplay off.

  • I don't really think people who didn't use stretch res before will suddenly start doing it now that it'll be going away soon. It's not the same as perks or add-ons.

  • You would think BHVR would learn not to announce this kind of stuff before a patch goes live.

  • Oh no, I am so scared. Please help me, NOT stretched res! Anything but that!

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    Oh no, I am so scared. Please help me, NOT stretched res! Anything but that!

    What happened to ThiccBubba?

  • Im waiting for the forums to blow up with requests to put stretched rez back. Literally anyone who plays this game for a decent amount of time could tell you that gives an unfair advantage. Yet there were lots of people saying "its not a big deal". The only people who defended it knew it was an exploit.

  • I think it's unfair to compare a mid and low-tier killer with cheating.

  • They're already whining on Twitter

  • I wonder if those players are going to run shadowborn once they can no longer see the match from the inside of a clown bottle

  • @Seanzu said:

    If people wanted to use stretched res they would be already, I don't think anybody is going to start using it, lol.

    Interesting to see what the next excuse will be when killers get mind gamed at a pallet or a loop, can't blame it on stretch res anymore.

    This

    Anyone using it isn't going to suddenly start using it even harder since the "nerf" is coming and anyone not using it is unlikely to do the work to get it when it is about to get taken away from them

    Good riddance. Maybe we'll get lucky and without their cheat, they'll just quit.

  • I have more of the problem of.... bhvr not fixing it correctly to where it still puts your hud as if you were on native so your entire power can be blocked out so the people who use it for FPS dont get that information.

  • Stretched resolution makes your game look worse (as of now), so I don't know why anybody would want to use it in the first place. But I'm not going to worry too much about it.

  • @Seanzu said:

    If people wanted to use stretched res they would be already, I don't think anybody is going to start using it, lol.

    Interesting to see what the next excuse will be when killers get mind gamed at a pallet or a loop, can't blame it on stretch res anymore.

    Filters, monitors, headphones. Anything but improving at the game

  • My question is, does it impact FPS? Because I have it slightly stretched and will keep it that way because 16:9 makes the game look kinda "long" vertically.

    I'll keep it even after the fix for the advantage.

  • @Seanzu said:

    If people wanted to use stretched res they would be already, I don't think anybody is going to start using it, lol.

    Interesting to see what the next excuse will be when killers get mind gamed at a pallet or a loop, can't blame it on stretch res anymore.

    US VS THEM US VS THEM

    WE SURVIVOR HAS TO WIN AGAINST ALL THOSE FILTHY KILLER MAINS!

  • @Seanzu said:

    If people wanted to use stretched res they would be already, I don't think anybody is going to start using it, lol.

    Interesting to see what the next excuse will be when killers get mind gamed at a pallet or a loop, can't blame it on stretch res anymore.

    But if they can see you even tho they shouldnt, was it really a mindgame?

    Dun dun duuun

  • @Seanzu said:

    If people wanted to use stretched res they would be already, I don't think anybody is going to start using it, lol.

    Interesting to see what the next excuse will be when killers get mind gamed at a pallet or a loop, can't blame it on stretch res anymore.

    There is already an excuse: subtle speed cheating.

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2811998#Comment_2811998

    But if they can see you even tho they shouldnt, was it really a mindgame?

    Dun dun duuun

    If stretched res is removed then the next time it happens it will be a "mind game" ??

  • @Seanzu said:

    If people wanted to use stretched res they would be already, I don't think anybody is going to start using it, lol.

    Interesting to see what the next excuse will be when killers get mind gamed at a pallet or a loop, can't blame it on stretch res anymore.

    It's probably all the survivors who use it that are swapping to killer for the faster queues. They can get more games in that way.

  • @SonicOffline said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2811998#Comment_2811998

    It's probably all the survivors who use it that are swapping to killer for the faster queues. They can get more games in that way.

    A vast majority of Blight mains use Stretched Res, this notion that it's primarily survivors that use it is unfounded.

  • @Seanzu said:

    If people wanted to use stretched res they would be already, I don't think anybody is going to start using it, lol.

    Interesting to see what the next excuse will be when killers get mind gamed at a pallet or a loop, can't blame it on stretch res anymore.

    I’ve never blamed a loss on anything other than my own misplays personally. But there’s absolutely no doubt stretched res was cheating. Just watch any DbD tournament and look at how all the survivors in spectator mode are staring at their feet, they all used it because it’s effective at a lot of loops at negating the possibility of a killer juking you. Not to mention just helping with tactical awareness and things like knocking Ghost Face out of hiding from behind walls, etc.

    So yeah, good riddance to stretched res and people who claim they do it “because it looks better” or whatever.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2812739#Comment_2812739

    If stretched res is removed then the next time it happens it will be a "mind game" ??

    Well you need to see it from both sides but we know how mindgames work. The point is other side cant see you while doing it.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2812947#Comment_2812947

    A vast majority of Blight mains use Stretched Res, this notion that it's primarily survivors that use it is unfounded.

    There's an entire community of competitive DBD players. They all use it.