Bets on overpowered boon perk tomorrow?

Pray they've learned from circle of healing. Hell there might not even be a boon in the next chapter.

Hopefully I'm just paranoid. I have severe trust issues from Mikaelas chapter.

Comments

  • ...Only one of the launch boons was overpowered, and the one that released after those was actively garbage. I see no reason to assume there'll be another overpowered boon when only one of the three we have right now is OP and that one's been nerfed once + is still on the chopping block for a more nuanced change.

    Do you guys just like complaining or something?

  • I make this meme thread before I go to sleep and wake up to 50 notifs why.

  • DMS got a rework and wasn’t even complained about that much. Boil Over was also a buff, and already got needed to not reliable anymore.

    i will give you Pain Resonance and CoH, those actually turned out to be powerful. Though is PR considered OP?


    on survivor perks I will remind you of For the People, Power Struggle, Built to Last, Fast Track, Counterforce, Overcome and Boon: Exponential.

  • "Boon: Insubstantiality

    You close encounters and experience with ghosts and spirits have left their mark on you. Your body is whispy and insubstantially. When within 24m of a blessed boon totem you make no sound when fast vaulting and your vaulting speed is increased by 15/30/45%"

  • @CashelP14 said:

    I expect a perk that the community will cry about, which actually isn't that strong. If that's a boon totem, we'll wait and see.

    Thats my favorite part about each Chapter. But after a few hours my head starts to hurt from all those facepalming when multiple people complain about Perks which will not be used at all. And every time it was quite obvious that the Perks were not as good as people claimed they would be.

    (My favorite was Fast Track, a Perk which requires your team to die to have the value of one Brand New Part...)


    @Topic:

    I dont think we will get any good Survivor-Perk. Aside from Circle of Healing, new released Survivor-Perks were always mediocre at best. I do expect one decent Killer-Perk tho and one situational one.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2810066#Comment_2810066

    Thats my favorite part about each Chapter. But after a few hours my head starts to hurt from all those facepalming when multiple people complain about Perks which will not be used at all. And every time it was quite obvious that the Perks were not as good as people claimed they would be.

    (My favorite was Fast Track, a Perk which requires your team to die to have the value of one Brand New Part...)

    @Topic:

    I dont think we will get any good Survivor-Perk. Aside from Circle of Healing, new released Survivor-Perks were always mediocre at best. I do expect one decent Killer-Perk tho and one situational one.

    I am incredibly guilty of complaining about fast track ngl.

    I usually reserve my complaints now in coping threads, or only complain if something is obviously overpowered like CoH or old MoM/

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2810066#Comment_2810066

    Thats my favorite part about each Chapter. But after a few hours my head starts to hurt from all those facepalming when multiple people complain about Perks which will not be used at all. And every time it was quite obvious that the Perks were not as good as people claimed they would be.

    (My favorite was Fast Track, a Perk which requires your team to die to have the value of one Brand New Part...)

    @Topic:

    I dont think we will get any good Survivor-Perk. Aside from Circle of Healing, new released Survivor-Perks were always mediocre at best. I do expect one decent Killer-Perk tho and one situational one.

    Sure a recent example was Overcome. I remember tru3 making multiple videos about how dumb the perk was and how he was "afraid" of it lol

    I genuinely believe if Racoon City Police Station wasn't in the game, Boil Over would've been fine.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2810098#Comment_2810098

    Sure a recent example was Overcome. I remember tru3 making multiple videos about how dumb the perk was and how he was "afraid" of it lol

    I genuinely believe if Racoon City Police Station wasn't in the game, Boil Over would've been fine.

    There is at least 3 other places where boil over literally breaks game.

  • @fulltonon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2810125#Comment_2810125

    There is at least 3 other places where boil over literally breaks game.

    Name them please. Genuinely haven't seen anyone do anything other than RPD.

    RPD was used because it was literally impossible to get any hooks if the survivors used the right build.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2810066#Comment_2810066

    Thats my favorite part about each Chapter. But after a few hours my head starts to hurt from all those facepalming when multiple people complain about Perks which will not be used at all. And every time it was quite obvious that the Perks were not as good as people claimed they would be.

    (My favorite was Fast Track, a Perk which requires your team to die to have the value of one Brand New Part...)

    @Topic:

    I dont think we will get any good Survivor-Perk. Aside from Circle of Healing, new released Survivor-Perks were always mediocre at best. I do expect one decent Killer-Perk tho and one situational one.

    My favourite was Jill‘s counterforce. Oh no a perk that lets them break bones a little faster and… actually encourages wasting time to run across the map to another totem!

    But Fast Track was a good one as well :)

  • boons are in a great spot right now, so I'd say they'll be more careful when they release more boons in the future. The biggest thing we'll have to worry about is the killer at the moment. I'm just hoping it isn't another boring anti-loop killer. Let's hope she's unique and interesting.

  • Boon: Protection

    Whenever you are in the Exposed state and within this boon's 8/16/24 meter radius and attacked by the killer, you will receive the Endurance status and be put into the Deep Wounds State instead.

    This applies any time you are struck by the killers basic attack within this boon's effective range while within the Exposed state.

    Any Killer Powers that would put you into the dying state from any health state are counted as if you were Exposed.

    If you are struck while in the Deep wound state, you will be put into the dying state.


    Boon: Daylight

    After a Gate is opened the gate switch becomes booned. When within 8/12/16 meters of the gates threshold, all killer perks are nullified/disabled.


    Boon: Revenge of the Fallen

    If a killer sacrifices or kills a survivor within 16/24/32 meters of this boon, any generator within that vicinity receives an immediate 50% progress boost. Any survivors within this range currently working on a generator receive a 10% bonus to their progress speed for 10 seconds.


    Boon: The Sound of Silence

    Any noise made by any survivor within 8/16/24 meters is silenced. The killer will no longer hear breathing, pained grunting, or footstep noises, and will no longer receive noise notifications for vaults, failed skill checks, chests, or acts of sabotage.


    Boon: Winner

    Once all generators are complete this boon becomes active on a random dull totem. Once activated Boon Winner guarantees that you can no longer be put into the dying state by the killer.


    Just some of my predictions... nbd.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    Boon: Undying

    When the killer snuffs a boon, it automatically relights elsewhere destroying the bone. Two birds, one stone. We nerf NOED and survivors can stop wasting their time relighting their boons, every (survivor) is happy.

    Actually this is not bad idea if Undying limited with single use.

  • Maybe a boon that stops all loud noise notifications within its radius.

  • Boon: Streetcat

    Your items last 75%/100%/permanently longer within the boon zone.

    Increases the chance of Nea's cat to appear

  • Btw, boons... is it even safe to say we get a new survivor?

  • @Deadeye said:

    Btw, boons... is it even safe to say we get a new survivor?

    I think a dev kinda confirmed in an interview there would be a survivor

  • I'm predicting that we're gonna get a pretty decent scourge hook and a mid tier hex

  • Survivor perks-

    Perk 1: On reveal: "OH MY GOD THATS GONNA BE OP" 1 week later: "lol who even uses that perk it sucks"

    Perk 2: Its just an ok perk. But with hidden meme potential 😉

    Perk 3: Obligatory Boon perk that's basically going to be a totem decoration because they don't want another CoH

    Killer perks-

    Perk 1: Not too bad, but it doesn't work with half the killers in the game including this one

    Perk 2: Batteries not included. Some assembly required

    Perk 3: Obligatory Scourge Hook perk that will do the same thing as another perk but when you hook somebody

    Edit: well I got a couple of them right I guess

  • @JimbusCrimbus said:

    My bets are on a reverse ruin. It counters ruin completely with it's power, but if the killer doesn't have ruin, the gen closest to it just does itself.

    It seems crazy, doesn't it? But think to yourself "This is BHVR"...and it won't seem so crazy.

    That would be crazy broken, even for Behaviour. Thankfully it won't happen. Mainly because Behaviour probably know a perk like this would wipe out the killer playerbase real quick.

  • @Jacoby2041 said:

    Survivor perks-

    Perk 1: On reveal: "OH MY GOD THATS GONNA BE OP" 1 week later: "lol who even uses that perk it sucks"

    Perk 2: Its just an ok perk. But with hidden meme potential 😉

    Perk 3: Obligatory Boon perk that's basically going to be a totem decoration because they don't want another CoH

    Killer perks-

    Perk 1: Not too bad, but it doesn't work with half the killers in the game including this one

    Perk 2: Batteries not included. Some assembly required

    Perk 3: Obligatory Scourge Hook perk that will do the same thing as another perk but when you hook somebody

    I'd argue a more accurate second perk for survivors there is "useful for beginners, but not very useful for anyone else", they've done that more often than meme perks recently.

    For killers, 1 and 2 are spot on, but I think it's a bit premature to assume the obligatory scourge hook perk is gonna be the same as another perk but on hook, because they've only done that once.

  • I would love a boon that makes a terror radius active when the killer is within the boon's range. This would challenge M&A and stealth killers (but can be overcome by snuffing boon; also hearing their own TR might alert them to the boon's presence).

  • Since the new survivor is Ryuji, it's 99% likely for us to get some perks related to psychic powers.

  • @CyberDragoon656 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2809707#Comment_2809707

    That nerf was a joke though as long as the boon mechanic is the way it is no amount of tweaking will matter.

    I’m not saying if the nerf was or wasn’t enough, I’m just saying they did nerf it and so are monitoring it. If it’s still showing as being too powerful in the data they’ll nerf it again.

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2809929#Comment_2809929

    I’m not saying if the nerf was or wasn’t enough, I’m just saying they did nerf it and so are monitoring it. If it’s still showing as being too powerful in the data they’ll nerf it again.

    As long as the mechanic is the way it is now it won't matter though.

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2809936#Comment_2809936

    To be fair Boon: Exponential needs a whole build around it for it to be of any use. I think it's very weak.

    Yeah the perk doesn't help solo's as much, but in SWF it's game breaking.

  • This aged well, eh?

  • @dugman said:

    2 of the 3 Boons aren't overpowered and they actively nerfed the overpowered one, so odds are pretty good if they have a Boon at all it'll be more in line with the normal two.

    If you consider that small decrease a Nerf then more power to ya.....all that did was increase the time to heal by like what a few seconds....

  • @VikingDragonXii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2809707#Comment_2809707

    If you consider that small decrease a Nerf then more power to ya.....all that did was increase the time to heal by like what a few seconds....

    Considering that the new Boon they added isn’t overpowered I think I was right.

  • @Mdawgu said:

    In before speed increase boon KEKW

    DING DING DING We have a winner

  • New Boon Perk: Killer can't catch up to you till they drop chase and let you escape. Then lose you entirely while they snuff the totem.

1 2 ›