there shouldn’t be a dc penalty for game crashes

I wish they could find a way to tell the difference between game crashes and dcing. I could have sworn it used to not give you a penalty if you got an error code before. Maybe that’s Mandela effect or something. But my game just crashed (I know it was on dbd’s end and not mine because my rank even glitched out and reset to 20) and now I have a 30 minute penalty :/. I hate having to wait to play because of it being so broken.

Comments

  • Because it's a small team,don't expect mirracles but i agree it can happen to crash your game and still counted as dc and you still get the penalty sadly.

  • There's not a program or machine invented that can tell the difference between a DC and a crash.

    To the game, and to every internet-connected system; you just disappear. Crash, power outage, ragequit; it's all the same; it's all your connection goes away.

    Until we invent a system that can read your mind; that's all it can ever be. How is the game supposed to know THIS DC was your power going out and THAT DC was you unplugging your PC or router?

  • @STT said:

    Because it's a small team,don't expect mirracles but i agree it can happen to crash your game and still counted as dc and you still get the penalty sadly.

    Yeah I thought a one point a few years back if you got kicked out and got the little error code window it didn’t give you one but maybe I’m imagining that or something. Just kind of sucks when a game that has so many bugs has a stackable ban.

  • @STT said:

    Because it's a small team,don't expect mirracles but i agree it can happen to crash your game and still counted as dc and you still get the penalty sadly.

    "Because it's a small team" needs to stop being the excuse. I get it that its hard to do things with a small team, but as your game grows you need to expand your resources and your team to match the growth.

  • End Task

    oops i "crashed"

    unplug console

    oops i "crashed"

  • @AngyKiller said:

    There's not a program or machine invented that can tell the difference between a DC and a crash.

    To the game, and to every internet-connected system; you just disappear. Crash, power outage, ragequit; it's all the same; it's all your connection goes away.

    Until we invent a system that can read your mind; that's all it can ever be. How is the game supposed to know THIS DC was your power going out and THAT DC was you unplugging your PC or router?

    But I could swear (might be another Mandela effect) that I have seen people who DCed out of spite in the after game chat berating me for pure life choices and playing killer. This might have happened because they just left the match instead of having actual problems with their internet connection.

  • @Akumakaji said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2797425#Comment_2797425

    But I could swear (might be another Mandela effect) that I have seen people who DCed out of spite in the after game chat berating me for pure life choices and playing killer. This might have happened because they just left the match instead of having actual problems with their internet connection.

    I'm not sure how they do that; maybe they lag out on purpose?

    I've had people 'DC' against me and scream *Angry Survivor Noises* in end game chat. I don't know how, though.

    But still; that doe snot change the fact that no system can tell the difference between a ragequit and a crash. To the servers, both are the same thing; your connection/game stopped replying to data sent. It would be like...If you were on the phone with me and then hung up suddenly; I can't then ask you why you hung up because you're no longer on the phone. There is no longer a person (the game) for me (the server) to query.

  • @Yatol said:

    End Task

    oops i "crashed"

    unplug console

    oops i "crashed"

    Yeah, this. This is why we can't have nice things. The game can tell the difference between a Leave Match and a crash, but it can't tell the difference between you hitting the 'disconnect' button on your internet options and a crash.

  • Untitled Image

    Bhvr is an indie company

  • You realize that if they relax the dc penalty people will make hacks that can easily fool the system and then everyone is dcing. You obviously never played in 2018 when they turned it off for a few weeks the game became unplayable

  • Waiiit.... @MandyTalk @Rizzo90 @EQWashu How did WeenieDog and I post images?

    I know I did not do anything except post it, and I'm guessing the same for them, so the image ban should be in effect. Like, we did not try to dodge it, so if we found an oopsie, it should probably be fixed. 😨

  • @STT said:

    Because it's a small team,don't expect mirracles but i agree it can happen to crash your game and still counted as dc and you still get the penalty sadly.

    Doesn't behavior have hundreds of employees?

  • @AngyKiller said:

    There's not a program or machine invented that can tell the difference between a DC and a crash.

    To the game, and to every internet-connected system; you just disappear. Crash, power outage, ragequit; it's all the same; it's all your connection goes away.

    Until we invent a system that can read your mind; that's all it can ever be. How is the game supposed to know THIS DC was your power going out and THAT DC was you unplugging your PC or router?

    But can't it tell the difference between a disconnect and someone literally presssing "Leave Match"? It's a feature vs not a feature, so how is it recognized as the exact same thing? I don't know why they made it so complicated.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2797425#Comment_2797425

    But can't it tell the difference between a disconnect and someone literally presssing "Leave Match"? It's a feature vs not a feature, so how is it recognized as the exact same thing? I don't know why they made it so complicated.

    Yes, but for example if I pull the Ethernet cable out of my Xbox, it would see it as a disconnect, even though I intentionally acted to leave the match.

  • You make this thread a lot. Aren't you sick of seeing the same responses you have 3-4 other times so far this year?

  • @Wraithmain319 said:

    They should just code it so that you only get the penalty when you hit the leave match button. It's a simple fix that they just don't do for some reason.

    Because people would get around it by unplugging the Network cable, ending the program or shutting down the system. That's the reason.

  • @Wraithmain319 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2797607#Comment_2797607

    To be fair I wasn't really thinking about that. On the other hand, people who would unplug their network cable would still get a penalty in a way. Because they would have to spend time booting up the network and game again.

    The game will keep trying to ping, as long as you aren't leaving it out for too long, it's barely a blip. (Actually learned that the hard way, wife accidentally unplugged the router while she was organizing her desk and I was mid-match.) Once you plug it back in, it's about 30 seconds until you're back in.

  • @Wraithmain319 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2797607#Comment_2797607

    To be fair I wasn't really thinking about that. On the other hand, people who would unplug their network cable would still get a penalty in a way. Because they would have to spend time booting up the network and game again.

    Well replugging or booting back up are inconvenient but a mulithour ban at least keeps these people out of the lobby queues for longer/permanent. And that's the secondary goal of DC penalties. On one hand it is a timeout to reflect upon themselves and keeps them out of queueing up again so the rest of non rage quiting people that don't like to be suddenly 3vs1 or back in the lobby queue (killer DC) have a little bit more peace.

  • @GuyFawx said:

    You realize that if they relax the dc penalty people will make hacks that can easily fool the system and then everyone is dcing. You obviously never played in 2018 when they turned it off for a few weeks the game became unplayable

    I mean if people want to dc they’ll dc.

    @AsherFrost said:

    You make this thread a lot. Aren't you sick of seeing the same responses you have 3-4 other times so far this year?

    No