Lunar New Year Event Starting Jan 25th: What To Expect?
I've literally never played in this period - what is the event generally like? Is it unique every year?
I've literally never played in this period - what is the event generally like? Is it unique every year?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I've heard it's going to involve more than just reskinned generators, but I'm unclear what that will be. It's been different in past years - sometimes it's just gen reskins and bonus points, sometimes there's been gameplay elements. Always there's a few new skins and a couple of freebies.
If it's inflatable tigers that can block a hit, I'm out.
Count me in. Also add a button where we can roar to assert our dominance.
They showed the teaser. I bet you collect these pages and unlock some stuff with it.
I would not write off the inflatable tigers though...
It's the year of the tiger if anything the cosmetics will have something to do with a tiger.
I'm now imagining a 'tiger suit' for Artist, and suddenly my interest is renewed.
It seems to change year to year.
Last year was great for BP. Every gen and hook was an event hook for BP and if you played the event offering you got extra event BP. As survivor you got event BP for gens completed even if you weren't on the gen - this was awesome if you were chased off a gen that was almost done or had been chased when first 3 gens were completed. I'm really hoping they have this same mechanic. Gens and hooks had fireworks which was fun.
That would be awesome if it was a tiger suit for Artist.
You can usually drown in BP
Putting the 'fur' in Furtive Chase...
That's literally the best I could come up with.
All I care about are the Lunar Gens;getting 1000 BP for somebody else doing a gen while I get face camped was great
Peak survivor efficiency! I want to learn this technique.
Chinese style tiger mask cosmetic would be nice.
I was here for Moonrise back in early-2019 and it was an otherworldly good event, but such things are beyond our reach right now.
It is probably going to be another disappointment, as most recent events are.
I wouldnt expect alot tbh. Reskinned gens and new skins by interacting with a new object on the map.
Always keep your expectations low.
Firecrackers for survivors and cosmetics for Jane I think. Not sure if I played this event last year
Yes. No matter how bad (or good) the event will be Tiger Carmina would make me forget all about it.
I played, toolboxes were nightmare. I remember everyone were searching chest for toolboxes and then genrush was insane...
How strong are event toolboxes anyways? Yellow or even green one like?
Howling Grounds Event.
It was a nightmare experience for killers. Event hooks were sabotagable and the event patch brought us this gem of patch line:
This:
https://deadbydaylight.fandom.com/wiki/Festive_Toolbox
Skin can change but charge and speed are same.
well, from what the trailer showed it seems like you're just gonne be looking for some reskinned Glyphs.
+50% repair speed AND 32 charges? I am already sweating
I'm hoping for a jane of the jungle look a like cosmetic with a tiger hood.
Yeah and they are so common on survivor bloodwebs and they are just 3K BP. So people were coming with event toolboxes and they were finishing generators so fast. Even 3 gen strategy was not good because people were finding them also in chests. It was imposible to keep 3 gen. I played just survivor at last event, this was reason.
I remember lunar hooks being sabo and lunar gens being camped.
Jesus that would be awesome as well.....Why we at it Zarina, Elodie, and Kate need one too.
Sounds good to me especially one for Kate.
Kate is one of my mains so I’d buy too
Right-on!
Hell yeah
That was fixed before the event ended.
I'm hoping for earnable cosmetics/outfits for killers and survivors. Much like the Halloween event where you could get the doctor outfit. Although I think it will be paid stuff.
Yikes.
The sabotageble hooks stayed during the whole event. They only reverter their "fixes" because they made killers unplayable.
Eh, at least the worst was gone.
Howling Grounds is one of the reasons why i don´t look optimistic towards lunar events.
I haven't been optimistic towards an event since that disgraceful Eternal Blight.
I would deal with 1.9.2 a thousand times before dealing with whatever bullshit the future brings.
I´m not sure about this. It looks like were are going back in time. Or something like that.
Anyway, @StarLost be rest assured, that the upcoming event will probably be a total sweat fest.
"It looks like were are going back in time"
Don't.
Don't give me hope.
Not like this.
I don´t mean this in a good way.
My Guess