Stacked meta perks are insane.
Had a match with blight at the artist map. Wasn't a bad match for the most part.
Issue I have not just with this match but as a whole as killer is dealing with stacked second chance perks, especially at endgame where killer gets most his downs and kills anyway.
Ash was on hook. Eng game happened. I hit a Meg who rocketed in for the save. I decided to tunnel ash bc he was on death hook and it was end game. I wanted a kill.
Meg had borrowed.
Now ash runs to the 99d exit gate. I swing. Borrowed kicks in. I swing again, he uses deadhard. I swing a third time and down him.
Another survivor opened the gate. Ash crawls.... I pick him up in exit and he d-strikes me for the free win. Lol
Dude had 3 stacked second chance perks. Like okay... how many buffs should a survivor have?
He's basically invincible. There's no counter. Doesn't matter if I wait out borrowed. I lose in the situation.
I'm standing in front of this guy. And can't kill him. Crazy.
This happens quite alot. These stacked perks are a problem at endgame. If a killer gets a down anywhere near exit gates stacked perks always gives survivors free escapes.
They really shouldn't stack like that. A killer should always have some form of counter. A give and take. Otherwise what's the point? How can you call it a competition?
You cant. Think about it.
Comments
If you had enough time to hit BT, miss a swing and he still only makes it out with DS, a bit of patience would have guaranteed gotten him.
You deserve that for tunneling. Honestly, I feel you though. I play both sides. The tunneling and the meta perks bug me. I feel like they should be limited. Two a match, not four. Also, I feel that BT should be basekit. The tunneling has to stop as well. There has to be moderation. DH needs a nerf and DS is fine where it is.
That's on you for not going for the injured Meg who just unhooked.
In a situation like that, I'd advise you to trade hooks. By putting Meg on the hook, you'd have to worry with one less BT in the match.
Dead Hard and DS in the same annoys me to death. Even though DS is very avoidable now I just hate when someone is using both of those, it's usually someone who annoys the killer and clicks and tbags. They know they are in the game to piss the killer off so they gotta stack the anti tunnel second chance stuff.
Take advantage of survivor altruism and trade hooks as much as possible EG. More chances for you to collapse their efforts and less chance of playing into their perks.
If it's at that point you just lose. Any team worth their salt who has 3+ survivors alive at the end should make a joke out of almost every single killer on the roster assuming meta perks (Body Blocking with BT + body blocking with the team + exhaustion perks + 99'd gates). Unless you can one hit down you will be blocked and you will be unable to punish any of the blockers as they should all be at full health and almost assuredly be able to get to any exit gate with the speed boost of an injury.
To be fair, if the guy was rescued from hook, ran your tunneling, dead harded a hit, crawler to the exit gate AND d-striked to run back to the exit, that's not a free win. A free win would be the Mikaela I had a few matches ago that did (not even kidding) NOTHING, and crouched for two whole hook states to try and get hatch.
You could run pyramid head if it bothering you so much.
That makes no sense.
As if they're not able to body block her as well.
We shouldn't be limited to 1 killer to play around offensive defensive perks.
I appreciate saying that so confidently you didn't feel like any elaboration was necessary.
Hits, the guy gets BT, speed boost.
He catches up, Dead Hard, whiffs.
He catches up again, downs.
Guy clearly didn't make it out the gate, because he needs DS to escape.
With that much distance made, he could have easily waited out the BT and baited the DH.
Or better yet, gone for the meg he just injured, who wouldn't have BT or DS, to bait out more people.
Often, at the end game your only play is to "tunnel" the one person who is injured unless you have some insta-down ability. The only other alternative is to hit someone uninjured and then everyone just leaves.
I would argue that this isn't even what tunnelling means. Tunnelling is a problem when you do it at the start of the game to make it a 3 vs 1. At the end game it is quite reasonable for the killer to try to get a kill. Nobody should ever feel bad about going straight after the unhooked person when all the gens are finished.
But even if he downs the guy after the BT and DH, he still had DS. All they had to do was open the gate so he could crawl out, or pick him up and body block. And if he went for the other guy, the whole situation resets.
I agree. I don't mind being tunneled if it happens after the five generators have been done. Usually, at this point, I feel I've done enough to call a match fun. If the Killer wants to secure the kill by tunneling me because I'm now on death hook, I don't blame them. After all, other Survivors probably 99 a door, maybe both, they are healthy so ready to take a protection hit for me...
It's like calling a Killer who stays near the hook after the five generators have been done a camper. Well, they could have more kill by chasing other people and slugging, but it's not a guarantee.
Tunneling and camping after the five generators have been done is fine by me, especially if the Killer was unlucky and have zero kill at this moment...
I wouldn't mind about BT being base kit, but I think in that case we need to give something base kit to the Killers as well. I'm for Kindred base kit too but without the Killer's aura being revealed. It'll help solo Q, because sometimes, we assume someone is going for the save as we see them running to this direction but actually, they were doing something else. And that's a waste of time if everyone goes for it because no one has an idea is someone is going for it. This sentence is too long. But same, Killers would need something base kit once again to compensate.
I don't know what could be base kit. Probably strong perks as well. BT is one of the best perk for Survivors and Kindred is nice.
"The whole situation resets"
Yeah, that's the point. You kill the guy on death hook, everyone just leaves. You hook the guy who still has a few hook states in them, you have a chance to catch more people. I remember turning multiple 1ks into 3ks and 4ks because people refuse to not get their 4 man escape.
And, like.. assuming pure, absolute ruthless efficiency in using his blight rushes, hitting immediately off hook, using the rush immediately for the whiff and the hit, straight line, no deviations.. the Ash makes it some 65 meters before he goes down. Is he right in front of the gate by now? Crawl speed's 0.7, run speed's 4.0, you wait out the BT and he makes it 44 meters before he goes down. Assuming you just like, hugged his back and didn't try to body block him at all. So he can crawl about 33 meters before DS is up. Which means there's some 12 or so meters he makes it by.
Of course I'm just assuming straight lines and no deviations no body blocking, no unoptimal pathing that would have given the dude even more space, because I didn't see the game or anything that happened during the endgame and that's all I can do, but I feel like there's more here than throwing your arms up and going "guy's invincible, game sux".
To be honest, thats well deserved if you think tunneling is fine.
Sure, the reason the meta is what it is is because at the very end once the Exits are opened, if three survivors are alive with one on hook, then if the hooked survivor still has their Decisive Strike available it’s virtually impossible to stop the rescue and get another hook unless you happen to have an instant down ability.
That being said, if you had hypothetically forced that survivor to use their Decisive Strike earlier in the match then they wouldn’t have it in the end game. Of course whether or not you can do that isn’t entirely under your control, but it does mean that a benefit of forcing a survivor to use up DS earlier is that you don’t have to worry about them using it at the very end for an extra escape.
I guess half of you miss the point. I tunneled ash bc he was on death hook. Had I hooked Meg, the process would have just repeated itself and I'd be right back where I started.
The hook was near the exit gate. Close enough anyway thanks to Rng not being in my favor. It was the closest hook.
They were body blocking, and the exit gate was 99% by the time he ran there.
There is nothing wrong with tunneling down a survivor on death hook, especially at the end game when you want a single kill and he's the only one on death hook.
I beat him 3 different times quickly before he made it to the exit, and thanks to his stacked perks, he was carried out.
3 times. Three chances.
At that point if I had hooked anyone else, they'd just run away, heal and yolo Meg of the hook and then use their 3 chances to get carried out the gate.
Swapping hooks for a little more points is literally all you can do in that situation without NOED if the survivors are running those perks and you are close enough to the gate on a hook.