Developer survivor bias.

So after playing this game for near 800 hours, alot of which has been killer but I've played a few hundred hours of survivor including SWF/Solo queing and I have to say it's pretty clear now that the devs of this game have a huge bias toward the survivor base.

First off look at the massive difference in attaining the adept achievements, I've spent 2 days trying to get adept on bubba. Literally a tiny bit off double pip and 3 red emblems in FOUR Games wasn't enough to get the adept and yet survivors can just hide all game and escape at the end easily for an adept. It's a complete and utter joke and a real mess.

Next you have the recent addition of boon totems which almost negates slugging completely as they can simply run off and heal and rinse/repeat. Also thanks to boons you find bodyblocking at higher ranks far more common which is sickening to see.

The fact that DS still hasn't been nerfed again as well is astounding because all you see is people abusing it and literally getting in the killers face after being hooked because they feel safe with it then the moment the DS is used up their team comes to body block for them.

Add to all of this the all round really bad state of the game such as things like bad map design, bad loops that are always survivor sided, constant flashlights every time someone is downed it really doesn't paint a good picture for killers or the state of the game.

Maybe it's slightly dramatic but I really don't see any other avenue for this game other than it slowly dying off because of many experienced kilelr mains simply quitting or becoming survivor mains.

Perhaps the worst part of it all is the devs have been told hundred if not thousands of times about this issue and it's been ignored or blame averted back to the person that's trying to give them feedback.

How these guys designed such a game is actually beyond me considering they don't know the first thing about balancing tbh, it really is quite sad.

Anyway, I really do hope the game continues to succeed but the only way it will in the long term is fi the get their heads out of the sand and start fixing some of the major killer issues and start fixing how broken survivor actually is.

Comments

  • @Labrac said:

    From an economical stand point it makes for the devs to have a bias toward survivors. 4 wallets vs 1 wallet after all. When they make QoL improvements to killer I can't help but think it is to keep those survivor queues short.

    This Is exactly right. In any business you want to cater to the majority. The majority of dbd is survivors. It's 4 to 1. The devs need to make the game easier for that side.

    If the game is easier then they will Qin more often. That will in turn make them bring their friends to the game and play swf on top of that more cosmetics to buy as well.

    It just makes business sense to do it. Think about this. Swf is an advantage especially with comms. Have the devs givin the killer anything at all to compensate for that? Honestly think about that. You should not be punished for playing with friends but it is an advantage.

  • @jesterkind said:

    I'm not sure what your problem with bodyblocking and flashlights are- those are good things, survivors doing that are not doing generators and are actively putting themselves in harm's way by trying to get up close to you. Those aren't problems with the state of the game, they're just a part of the game, and a part that you can absolutely play around!

    Also, DS doesn't... need to be nerfed again? It's in a pretty healthy spot right now, the only way to use it actively is to do as you described, waste time buzzing around the killer, which again- that's good for you, as the killer. That survivor is not progressing the game and you can very much just ignore them, or down them and make them waste an Unbreakable or get someone to heal them, thus dragging someone else off generators.

    Some of the stuff you raised is a problem, though. Boons need looking at (though... not because of Exponential, that perk is pretty weak), there are some pretty awful map designs, and killer Adept achievements are definitely harder than survivor Adepts for basically no reason, so I agree those should be fixed.

    Mm.

    • Bodyblocking can be a serious problem when combined with other perks or items in a coordinated group. These are outlier cases, but it shouldn't be possible to take a game hostage, and this can allow it.
    • Flashlights are fine. Guaranteeing a flashlight save by jumping into a locker isn't. If these specific lockers can't be fixed (and the developers seem to have no interest in doing so), then flashlights as a whole may need a look.
    • DS is fine, but it should be disabled if you jump into a locker. If I recall, this was supposed to happen but never did.

    @Object said:

    This is just a vivid "venting" made by a newbie killer. I have in this game for over 7500 hours and I have been playing this competitively too. While I may agree with a fact, that it's not always balanced as it should, but no, as Survivor you just cannot hide for the whole game and easily escape. Most of the time, you won't get solely carried by your teammates just to assure an escape, because if a one person is hiding, one person is getting chased and eventually will get downed and the two other ones are doing gens, one will eventually need to go for the save which will remarkably slow down the progress of generators and will result in a certain loss, unless the killer doesn't really know that to do.

    Achievements DO NOT influence the outcome of the game and they shouldn't be taken in a perspective of getting changed. We are talking about the game balance and if you are solely ranting just about adept, then it's your fault. Bubba is one of the easiest adept you can receive, because of his strong perks.

    Your rants here are purely made on survivors not getting nerfed, well, then you certainly don't know the past of this game. Let me introduce you into the past:

    • Brand new part have been repeatedly nerfed, previously it was a thing, that could do one very bad thing: genrush
    • Instaheals have been nerfed to basically useless state, both (purple one and pink one)
    • Decisive Strike, Object of Obsession, they all have been nerfed to a state where they are really bad perks (DS is still powerful, but you can't abuse it unless you are literally being tunneled, while OoO is useless)
    • Maps have been tremendously changed to a state, where they are mostly killer-sided
    • Shack has been nerfed many times, as well as other powerful loops
    • Balanced Landing - insane nerf with erasing passive it had
    • Exhaustion perks - they have been nerfed so it no longer recovers while running
    • Hatch - this change made keys basically useless without Blood Amber addon

    ... and I could name them five days how big nerfs survivors have received. Not to mention that solo queue is practically impossible unless you get good teammates and getting a tryharding SWF is very rare. Please, check your facts before doing such a post.

    For the last paragraph I'm going to address boon totems - They are NOT broken and they are really good for the health of the game. Why? It gives survivors another objective to deal with, it takes 16 seconds to bless a totem, half more if it's a hex totem, healing costs 16 seconds and if it was hex, the survivor lost 48 seconds, if not, he lost 32 seconds. You can snuff the totem with very short animation and only thing that is questionable is the range and I think that's the only thing that should be sort of adjusted. Besides, boon totems are pretty good addition to the game and I'm a killer main. After their addition, I feel like the games are a lot easier, because I have better map pressure and control.

    What?

    • Firstly, 7500 hours and this being your first forum post is a little sus.
    • BNP is still very strong.
    • You don't need instaheals when you can heal mid chase using CoH and a medkit.
    • DS is still very strong if you abuse lockers. OoO is still an excellent perk - you just don't see it much because there are about 8 survivor perks which are crazy good.
    • Maps...haha what? There are maybe 2 'killer sided' maps, about 7 'balanced' maps and the rest range from somewhat survivor sided to entirely survivor sided. Otz did a pretty detailed breakdown of this a while back.
    • There are still some overly powerful loops, a few bordering on infinites.
    • Balanced landing is still strong and sees plenty of use.
    • DH got buffed.
    • Hatch and keys had to be changed to allow SBMM to function properly.

    You cannot pretend that the developers approach survivor and killer balance equitably. Haddonfield had an actual infinite until maybe a month ago, and it took years for OoO, DS and the like to get nerfed - and are still good perks. On the other hand, 'B' and 'C' tier killers like Wraith, Cenobite, Slinger, Twins and Billy all got huge, sweeping nerfs despite only one aspect of their kit being even slightly problematic.

    A double standard isn't good for anyone, and only fosters frustration.

  • I'm a new player. A dude literally body blocked the hook, stealing my one and only kill for the first time. That's some legit unfair mechanics.

  • @EvilBarney666 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2711610#Comment_2711610

    This Is exactly right. In any business you want to cater to the majority. The majority of dbd is survivors. It's 4 to 1. The devs need to make the game easier for that side.

    If the game is easier then they will Qin more often. That will in turn make them bring their friends to the game and play swf on top of that more cosmetics to buy as well.

    It just makes business sense to do it. Think about this. Swf is an advantage especially with comms. Have the devs givin the killer anything at all to compensate for that? Honestly think about that. You should not be punished for playing with friends but it is an advantage.

    This is mainly about the last paragraph.

    for comms actually I think they should since it's not in the game and to be honest the killer side compensation is laughable at best and jackshit at worst

  • @impulse_90 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2711586#Comment_2711586

    If you bothered to read what I said you'd realise I was using the adept system as an example.

    I stopped reading after you said boons are healthy for the game.

    I'll give you an example of why they aren't. I had a game a week or so ago where the survivors healed 47 times throughout the game. That isn't balanced regardless of what you say.

    @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2711419#Comment_2711419

    Mm.

    • Bodyblocking can be a serious problem when combined with other perks or items in a coordinated group. These are outlier cases, but it shouldn't be possible to take a game hostage, and this can allow it.
    • Flashlights are fine. Guaranteeing a flashlight save by jumping into a locker isn't. If these specific lockers can't be fixed (and the developers seem to have no interest in doing so), then flashlights as a whole may need a look.
    • DS is fine, but it should be disabled if you jump into a locker. If I recall, this was supposed to happen but never did.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2711586#Comment_2711586

    What?

    • Firstly, 7500 hours and this being your first forum post is a little sus.
    • BNP is still very strong.
    • You don't need instaheals when you can heal mid chase using CoH and a medkit.
    • DS is still very strong if you abuse lockers. OoO is still an excellent perk - you just don't see it much because there are about 8 survivor perks which are crazy good.
    • Maps...haha what? There are maybe 2 'killer sided' maps, about 7 'balanced' maps and the rest range from somewhat survivor sided to entirely survivor sided. Otz did a pretty detailed breakdown of this a while back.
    • There are still some overly powerful loops, a few bordering on infinites.
    • Balanced landing is still strong and sees plenty of use.
    • DH got buffed.
    • Hatch and keys had to be changed to allow SBMM to function properly.

    You cannot pretend that the developers approach survivor and killer balance equitably. Haddonfield had an actual infinite until maybe a month ago, and it took years for OoO, DS and the like to get nerfed - and are still good perks. On the other hand, 'B' and 'C' tier killers like Wraith, Cenobite, Slinger, Twins and Billy all got huge, sweeping nerfs despite only one aspect of their kit being even slightly problematic.

    A double standard isn't good for anyone, and only fosters frustration.

    I'm remarkably pleasured to see how interestingly people can react.


    1. I'm not a person who is using forum, this place is a nightmare and people here are trolling
    2. BNP is not strong anymore, hence why the usage dropped down solidly
    3. You cannot heal midchase with CoH, because if it's within the range, you will hear it as a killer and snuff it most likely. Will you lose the chase? Maybe. But you will lose their precious time they could have spent on generators. More information can be also found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzeblKQSYN4&t=66s
    4. OoO is not an excellent perk, it is remarkably horrendous perk which nobody uses anymore. The aura reading is situational and won't apply in chase as you would intend to. It's also generally not useful to see the killer if you are on furthest generator, because you can hear the killer isn't anywhere close to you and stealth killers completely negate the effect. DS is still abusable, but not as abusable as before. Now, you don't activate it each game, hence why people no longer run it as much, but I never implied it's a bad perk
    5. If you say there are 2 killer-sided maps, you are generally not playing this game at all. All maps are dependant on the killer itself, for example you will be more than pleasured to see Coldwind map on Billy than Nurse. This argument is completely irrelevant.
    6. Very bold statement, you cannot negate "powerful loops" and make them balanced at all times. These loops have been drastically changed troughout the years regardless.
    7. Not as strong as it was previously, vividly didn't pay attention on what I implied.
    8. I have never mentioned a single point regarding DH, completely out of point and irrelevant. I have mentioned that Exhaustion perks have been nerfed globally.
    9. So what? It was changed, thus this argument is again irrelevant.

    For the last arguments you've mentioned, I'm not even going to address them. Tierlists are tremendously subjective topic, hence why I am not going to address it.

  • @Object said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2712340#Comment_2712340

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2713638#Comment_2713638

    I'm remarkably pleasured to see how interestingly people can react.

    1. I'm not a person who is using forum, this place is a nightmare and people here are trolling
    2. BNP is not strong anymore, hence why the usage dropped down solidly
    3. You cannot heal midchase with CoH, because if it's within the range, you will hear it as a killer and snuff it most likely. Will you lose the chase? Maybe. But you will lose their precious time they could have spent on generators. More information can be also found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzeblKQSYN4&t=66s
    4. OoO is not an excellent perk, it is remarkably horrendous perk which nobody uses anymore. The aura reading is situational and won't apply in chase as you would intend to. It's also generally not useful to see the killer if you are on furthest generator, because you can hear the killer isn't anywhere close to you and stealth killers completely negate the effect. DS is still abusable, but not as abusable as before. Now, you don't activate it each game, hence why people no longer run it as much, but I never implied it's a bad perk
    5. If you say there are 2 killer-sided maps, you are generally not playing this game at all. All maps are dependant on the killer itself, for example you will be more than pleasured to see Coldwind map on Billy than Nurse. This argument is completely irrelevant.
    6. Very bold statement, you cannot negate "powerful loops" and make them balanced at all times. These loops have been drastically changed troughout the years regardless.
    7. Not as strong as it was previously, vividly didn't pay attention on what I implied.
    8. I have never mentioned a single point regarding DH, completely out of point and irrelevant. I have mentioned that Exhaustion perks have been nerfed globally.
    9. So what? It was changed, thus this argument is again irrelevant.

    For the last arguments you've mentioned, I'm not even going to address them. Tierlists are tremendously subjective topic, hence why I am not going to address it.

    Just stop please.

    Your whole argument goes out the window when you say ######### like snuffing a boon totem is good because theat's precious time the survivors lose for not being on a gen. Have you even seen how quickly gens get completed these days even with multiple slowdown perks?

    I was and never will troll regarding this topic, the game is at medium-higher mmr levels completely broken and unfair towards killers - even decent skilled killers at that too.

    And his last point is EXTREMELY relevant when those killers regardless of where they were "ranked" in any tier list are very average killers at higher rank so don't just simply disregard that point when it has validity.

    You just sound like an entiteld survior main who's happy with the state the game is in, but take it from someone who's got several hundred hours of survivor as well, they are utterly overpowered and extremely simple to play and play well. This in itself is the worst combination when it comes to game balance. Nothing should ever be too strong and at the same time extremely easy to play.

  • @Object said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2712340#Comment_2712340

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2713638#Comment_2713638

    I'm remarkably pleasured to see how interestingly people can react.

    1. I'm not a person who is using forum, this place is a nightmare and people here are trolling
    2. BNP is not strong anymore, hence why the usage dropped down solidly
    3. You cannot heal midchase with CoH, because if it's within the range, you will hear it as a killer and snuff it most likely. Will you lose the chase? Maybe. But you will lose their precious time they could have spent on generators. More information can be also found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzeblKQSYN4&t=66s
    4. OoO is not an excellent perk, it is remarkably horrendous perk which nobody uses anymore. The aura reading is situational and won't apply in chase as you would intend to. It's also generally not useful to see the killer if you are on furthest generator, because you can hear the killer isn't anywhere close to you and stealth killers completely negate the effect. DS is still abusable, but not as abusable as before. Now, you don't activate it each game, hence why people no longer run it as much, but I never implied it's a bad perk
    5. If you say there are 2 killer-sided maps, you are generally not playing this game at all. All maps are dependant on the killer itself, for example you will be more than pleasured to see Coldwind map on Billy than Nurse. This argument is completely irrelevant.
    6. Very bold statement, you cannot negate "powerful loops" and make them balanced at all times. These loops have been drastically changed troughout the years regardless.
    7. Not as strong as it was previously, vividly didn't pay attention on what I implied.
    8. I have never mentioned a single point regarding DH, completely out of point and irrelevant. I have mentioned that Exhaustion perks have been nerfed globally.
    9. So what? It was changed, thus this argument is again irrelevant.

    For the last arguments you've mentioned, I'm not even going to address them. Tierlists are tremendously subjective topic, hence why I am not going to address it.

    I'm sorry, but you are just straight up wrong here.

    1. It's still pretty sus. If you really are that experienced, I don't see how you could hold some of these opinions. I have my own suspicions here, but I'll keep them to myself.
    2. BNP is still extremely strong. Where has the usage dropped down? I'd love to see your numbers, because I still see it plenty.
    3. ...No, that's not how CoH works. Firstly, CoH has a huge range and survivors will try to put it in an upstairs area or somewhere hard to snuff. You absolutely can heal with it mid chase, you can get the heal down to 4 seconds or thereabouts.
    4. I still see OoO being used when I play, and when top level streamers play you see it too. The reason you don't see it as much is that it's no longer permanent maphacks for a SWF and there are tons of survivor perks that are better than it.
    5. Nurse is irrelevant to this discussion. This entire game is not balanced around one killer. That's like saying 'this game is killer sided because of Alchemist's Ring). Again, go watch Otz's video on this, he breaks this down pretty perfectly.
    6. Just because something was broken before doesn't mean it's not still imbalanced now.
    7. 'Insane nerf' implies that it's bad. If something gets an 'insane nerf' and is still very good, then it probably needed an insaner nerf. You don't see BL as much any more because of the Dead Hard buff.
    8. Yes, things change all the time. Keys were honestly long overdue. I really don't get what you are complaining about.

    Finally - if you want to disagree with one of the most well known and experienced players of the game, then you'll need to do better than 'hes wrong because I sed so'. He wasn't speaking subjectively. He was speaking from thousands and thousands of hours of killer play time, numbers provided by the developers and consultation with other experienced players.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2720030#Comment_2720030

    I'm sorry, but you are just straight up wrong here.

    1. It's still pretty sus. If you really are that experienced, I don't see how you could hold some of these opinions. I have my own suspicions here, but I'll keep them to myself.
    2. BNP is still extremely strong. Where has the usage dropped down? I'd love to see your numbers, because I still see it plenty.
    3. ...No, that's not how CoH works. Firstly, CoH has a huge range and survivors will try to put it in an upstairs area or somewhere hard to snuff. You absolutely can heal with it mid chase, you can get the heal down to 4 seconds or thereabouts.
    4. I still see OoO being used when I play, and when top level streamers play you see it too. The reason you don't see it as much is that it's no longer permanent maphacks for a SWF and there are tons of survivor perks that are better than it.
    5. Nurse is irrelevant to this discussion. This entire game is not balanced around one killer. That's like saying 'this game is killer sided because of Alchemist's Ring). Again, go watch Otz's video on this, he breaks this down pretty perfectly.
    6. Just because something was broken before doesn't mean it's not still imbalanced now.
    7. 'Insane nerf' implies that it's bad. If something gets an 'insane nerf' and is still very good, then it probably needed an insaner nerf. You don't see BL as much any more because of the Dead Hard buff.
    8. Yes, things change all the time. Keys were honestly long overdue. I really don't get what you are complaining about.

    Finally - if you want to disagree with one of the most well known and experienced players of the game, then you'll need to do better than 'hes wrong because I sed so'. He wasn't speaking subjectively. He was speaking from thousands and thousands of hours of killer play time, numbers provided by the developers and consultation with other experienced players.

    Not going to breakdown your points, because little do they make sense. Very hard to make a point on person that kicks around himself just because you disagree with one point and forms something called "personal problems" where you merely disagree with one statement and tries to flamedown all. For the suspicion, I don't give a damn about your suspicion. I know many competitive player not using forum, because after they published one forum post, this is what they get - a total flame like you did for their opinion. Just because YOU can't deal with totems doesn't mean nobody can and this is not a game where developers will dance how you sing. Also, I don't really care about Otzdarva's opinions, I had enough when I have seen his survivor gameplay where he flamed his teammates in the ultimate survivor challenge.

    Lastly, you are not "one of the most well known and experienced players in the game", sadly to hold this title you'd have to be known by many people, and quite frankly when I asked some very known names, nobody had clue who the hell are you. Just because you are active in the forum, doesn't mean you hold a famous title.

  • They made it obvious when they started using survivor lingo in patch notes and called moris toxic and keys an interesting mechanic on stream.

  • @impulse_90 said:

    So after playing this game for near 800 hours, alot of which has been killer but I've played a few hundred hours of survivor including SWF/Solo queing and I have to say it's pretty clear now that the devs of this game have a huge bias toward the survivor base.

    First off look at the massive difference in attaining the adept achievements, I've spent 2 days trying to get adept on bubba. Literally a tiny bit off double pip and 3 red emblems in FOUR Games wasn't enough to get the adept and yet survivors can just hide all game and escape at the end easily for an adept. It's a complete and utter joke and a real mess.

    Next you have the recent addition of boon totems which almost negates slugging completely as they can simply run off and heal and rinse/repeat. Also thanks to boons you find bodyblocking at higher ranks far more common which is sickening to see.

    The fact that DS still hasn't been nerfed again as well is astounding because all you see is people abusing it and literally getting in the killers face after being hooked because they feel safe with it then the moment the DS is used up their team comes to body block for them.

    Add to all of this the all round really bad state of the game such as things like bad map design, bad loops that are always survivor sided, constant flashlights every time someone is downed it really doesn't paint a good picture for killers or the state of the game.

    Maybe it's slightly dramatic but I really don't see any other avenue for this game other than it slowly dying off because of many experienced kilelr mains simply quitting or becoming survivor mains.

    Perhaps the worst part of it all is the devs have been told hundred if not thousands of times about this issue and it's been ignored or blame averted back to the person that's trying to give them feedback.

    How these guys designed such a game is actually beyond me considering they don't know the first thing about balancing tbh, it really is quite sad.

    Anyway, I really do hope the game continues to succeed but the only way it will in the long term is fi the get their heads out of the sand and start fixing some of the major killer issues and start fixing how broken survivor actually is.

    I think the next nerf to ds should be that if they use a flashlight its lost as many of them to take the piss are unhooked you down someone and then the previous unhooked is there ready to save them its beyond a joke.

  • survivor bias

    dead horse

    muh achievement

    dead horse

    DS OP

    Ds is only a problem during EGC or if you actually tunnel, DS no longer allows survivors to progress the game which is what was the only legitimate issue with the perk

    Maps are always survivor sided

    not true, a lot of them are but not all of them

    this game is gonna die

    dead horse

    Devs are not doing anything

    false

    Devs suck and don't know how to balance this game

    this community is worse

  • @impulse_90 said:

    So after playing this game for near 800 hours, alot of which has been killer but I've played a few hundred hours of survivor including SWF/Solo queing and I have to say it's pretty clear now that the devs of this game have a huge bias toward the survivor base.

    First off look at the massive difference in attaining the adept achievements, I've spent 2 days trying to get adept on bubba. Literally a tiny bit off double pip and 3 red emblems in FOUR Games wasn't enough to get the adept and yet survivors can just hide all game and escape at the end easily for an adept. It's a complete and utter joke and a real mess.

    Next you have the recent addition of boon totems which almost negates slugging completely as they can simply run off and heal and rinse/repeat. Also thanks to boons you find bodyblocking at higher ranks far more common which is sickening to see.

    The fact that DS still hasn't been nerfed again as well is astounding because all you see is people abusing it and literally getting in the killers face after being hooked because they feel safe with it then the moment the DS is used up their team comes to body block for them.

    Add to all of this the all round really bad state of the game such as things like bad map design, bad loops that are always survivor sided, constant flashlights every time someone is downed it really doesn't paint a good picture for killers or the state of the game.

    Maybe it's slightly dramatic but I really don't see any other avenue for this game other than it slowly dying off because of many experienced kilelr mains simply quitting or becoming survivor mains.

    Perhaps the worst part of it all is the devs have been told hundred if not thousands of times about this issue and it's been ignored or blame averted back to the person that's trying to give them feedback.

    How these guys designed such a game is actually beyond me considering they don't know the first thing about balancing tbh, it really is quite sad.

    Anyway, I really do hope the game continues to succeed but the only way it will in the long term is fi the get their heads out of the sand and start fixing some of the major killer issues and start fixing how broken survivor actually is.

    I stopped reading after you said DS needs another nerf 😂

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2711465#Comment_2711465

    "If you're the type to pick out a spelling mistake of one letter then I don't know what to tell you."

    Usually I'm not, but when it changes the entire context of the sentence then yes I will base my assumption off of the typo because to do otherwise would change what your original comment was saying, which would be weird.

    2) Shadow Step is average and Exponential is mediocre at best. There are two other boon perks in the game, you absolutely can have one without the other.

    3) SLUG THEM??? Literally down the survivor and chase someone else there is now another survivor who needs to come heal them off of the ground if they don't have Unbreakable (and if they do they've just wasted it instead of using it in a situation they'd need it in later) so only 1 person is on gens and you've just slowed the match down massively congratulations!!

    4) If you're flahslighted from the side while looking at a flat wall you're not looking at the wall, you're looking slightly off of the wall. Alternatively again just look around before pickup or use a perk to counter items it really isn't that difficult. And from your original post it really did seem like you were either new or very very biased, yes.

    5) We literally agree on this point um?

    6) Yes because when I think of modern examples of how the devs are out of touch, I don't use things from 2021, or 2020, no I use one clip from 2018 because that'll show em!!

    7) Where's your proof they're flat out ignoring feedback because like there's been changes based on community feedback for a while now 🧍

    Like no offence but you just... Are biased intrinsically. You admit you play more killer than survivor and therefore your opinions are far more lilkely to be in the killer's favour, just like how mine are more likely to be in the survivor's favour because I spent 2 years exclusively maining survivor and another 2 years trying to play catchup. It's just a part of human nature to be biased, it isn't necessarily a bad thing, it's just there.

    It's when you get the extreme cases like "Killer mains are morally superior to survivor mains" that we start having issues.

    There are game problems on both sides. Hackers, maps, camping and match speeds, to name a few. There is absolutely work to be done, and work to be done for both sides, but I just don't think your points are necessarily the right ones (of course, that's entirely my opinion and you are completely entitled to your own). The best we can do is just provide the feedback (in the right section, of course) and wait until action is taken- because what you think is a problem I don't, and vice versa, so massive amounts of conflicting feedback probably feed into the length of time it takes to make changes.

    And I'm not defending the time it takes- please don't take this as me doing so. Imo it takes them far too long (4 years for a change to Object?? Really?!), but to say they don't listen to feedback isn't exactly... Correct, I guess?

    Sorry, btw, if my original post came off as hostile, I'd woken up like 5 minute prior and was very tired lmao.

    I don't think anything you say is going to get through to this guy

  • Perhaps the worst part of it all is the devs have been told hundred if not thousands of times about this issue and it's been ignored or blame averted back to the person that's trying to give them feedback.

    This is it right here. They don't take feedback from Killers because the killer players are not of the Mods/Managers favorites. Their favorite group are basically exclusively survivor sided, and a friend group. The favorite group stalks out threads like these and tries to derail them and bully the OP into complying or tries to get them banned.

    This is what the game has come to. Dev's and the business doesn't care because they are still making more money off new chapters with licensing they don't see what's coming if things don't change.

  • They have no bias, it is just a coincidence. Remember that they adjusted circle of healing? Clearly they favor killers, if anyone.

  • I have said before In other threads. The devs do favor survivors. It makes business sense. You cater to your majority. Survivors outnumber killers 4 to 1. You want to make the game easier for them. If they feel like they have more power they will continue playing. They will bring their friends, they will buy cosmetics. It just makes business sense.

    Think about this as well. We all know swf is an advantage, especially if they are on comms. You should not be punished for wanting to play with your friends, BUT it is an advantage. The devs have given the killers nothing to compensate for the communication and coordination the survivors get.

    I have no idea how they could balance it. But in my total play time as both killer and survivor I feel so much more at ease and just breeze through as a survivor. At the end of the day BHVR is out to make money. Do ot by catering to your majority.

  • @Kurri said:

    Perhaps the worst part of it all is the devs have been told hundred if not thousands of times about this issue and it's been ignored or blame averted back to the person that's trying to give them feedback.

    This is it right here. They don't take feedback from Killers because the killer players are not of the Mods/Managers favorites. Their favorite group are basically exclusively survivor sided, and a friend group. The favorite group stalks out threads like these and tries to derail them and bully the OP into complying or tries to get them banned.

    This is what the game has come to. Dev's and the business doesn't care because they are still making more money off new chapters with licensing they don't see what's coming if things don't change.

    God what a conspiracy wouldn't it be a shame if they also took feedback from other places which thus invalidates your theory.

  • @jesterkind said:

    I'm not sure what your problem with bodyblocking and flashlights are- those are good things, survivors doing that are not doing generators and are actively putting themselves in harm's way by trying to get up close to you. Those aren't problems with the state of the game, they're just a part of the game, and a part that you can absolutely play around!

    Also, DS doesn't... need to be nerfed again? It's in a pretty healthy spot right now, the only way to use it actively is to do as you described, waste time buzzing around the killer, which again- that's good for you, as the killer. That survivor is not progressing the game and you can very much just ignore them, or down them and make them waste an Unbreakable or get someone to heal them, thus dragging someone else off generators.

    Some of the stuff you raised is a problem, though. Boons need looking at (though... not because of Exponential, that perk is pretty weak), there are some pretty awful map designs, and killer Adept achievements are definitely harder than survivor Adepts for basically no reason, so I agree those should be fixed.

    Body blocking is stupid. They should make it realistic. Nobody is going to body block Freddy Krueger...or Michael Myers. If you are touching the Killers "box" or whatever, (right next to them for more then 3-4seconds) you should just get damaged. It looks so stupid and makes the Killer look like an idiot. More realism and less Survivor happy fun time BS is needed in this game.

  • @Kurri said:

    Perhaps the worst part of it all is the devs have been told hundred if not thousands of times about this issue and it's been ignored or blame averted back to the person that's trying to give them feedback.

    This is it right here. They don't take feedback from Killers because the killer players are not of the Mods/Managers favorites. Their favorite group are basically exclusively survivor sided, and a friend group. The favorite group stalks out threads like these and tries to derail them and bully the OP into complying or tries to get them banned.

    This is what the game has come to. Dev's and the business doesn't care because they are still making more money off new chapters with licensing they don't see what's coming if things don't change.

    Did you just say I am not part of the favourite group of the Mods 😢


    also. You should really look up the term ‚to bully‘ before accusing people like that.

  • @mynameisBlade said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2711419#Comment_2711419

    Body blocking is stupid. They should make it realistic. Nobody is going to body block Freddy Krueger...or Michael Myers. If you are touching the Killers "box" or whatever, (right next to them for more then 3-4seconds) you should just get damaged. It looks so stupid and makes the Killer look like an idiot. More realism and less Survivor happy fun time BS is needed in this game.

    I don't think that's a particularly helpful way to look at this game, or any other. Most games could do with a heck of a lot less realism, in my opinion, and any time a game tries to shoot for that it usually falls flat unless it's like, a survival sim.

    However, adding more tools to deal with body blocking could be fun. It's already nice to get off a good Forced Penance or Mad Grit play, maybe a cheeky Starstruck hit, so more tools like that - maybe ones with secondary effects so they're not a wasted perk slot for the rest of the match - would be pretty grand.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2724564#Comment_2724564

    I don't think that's a particularly helpful way to look at this game, or any other. Most games could do with a heck of a lot less realism, in my opinion, and any time a game tries to shoot for that it usually falls flat unless it's like, a survival sim.

    However, adding more tools to deal with body blocking could be fun. It's already nice to get off a good Forced Penance or Mad Grit play, maybe a cheeky Starstruck hit, so more tools like that - maybe ones with secondary effects so they're not a wasted perk slot for the rest of the match - would be pretty grand.

    Luckily for us. DBD doesn't have to shoot for that. It already has a huge clusterfuck of mindless fans that will eat up anything the developers dish out. If they made it a reality. It wouldn't stop anything. It only takes 1 snowflake to start an avalanche and if you live through that, everything else is a cake walk.

  • @mynameisBlade said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2724586#Comment_2724586

    Luckily for us. DBD doesn't have to shoot for that. It already has a huge clusterfuck of mindless fans that will eat up anything the developers dish out. If they made it a reality. It wouldn't stop anything. It only takes 1 snowflake to start an avalanche and if you live through that, everything else is a cake walk.

    Huh?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    The notion that the devs are biased is laughable. Survivors and their perks/items have been nerfed tremendously over time. 800 hours is not a lot. You probably have a ton to improve on.

    People with 5k+ hours share the same sentiments. I guess they also have a lot to learn? Granted, some of what the OP said I don't agree with, 800 hours is a decent amount of time to put into a game and DBD is not as complex of a game people like to make it out to be. After you learn what all the perks do, what the killers do, and the maps, a good gamer can catch on quick.

  • @impulse_90 said:

    So after playing this game for near 800 hours, alot of which has been killer but I've played a few hundred hours of survivor including SWF/Solo queing and I have to say it's pretty clear now that the devs of this game have a huge bias toward the survivor base.

    First off look at the massive difference in attaining the adept achievements, I've spent 2 days trying to get adept on bubba. Literally a tiny bit off double pip and 3 red emblems in FOUR Games wasn't enough to get the adept and yet survivors can just hide all game and escape at the end easily for an adept. It's a complete and utter joke and a real mess.

    Next you have the recent addition of boon totems which almost negates slugging completely as they can simply run off and heal and rinse/repeat. Also thanks to boons you find bodyblocking at higher ranks far more common which is sickening to see.

    The fact that DS still hasn't been nerfed again as well is astounding because all you see is people abusing it and literally getting in the killers face after being hooked because they feel safe with it then the moment the DS is used up their team comes to body block for them.

    Add to all of this the all round really bad state of the game such as things like bad map design, bad loops that are always survivor sided, constant flashlights every time someone is downed it really doesn't paint a good picture for killers or the state of the game.

    Maybe it's slightly dramatic but I really don't see any other avenue for this game other than it slowly dying off because of many experienced kilelr mains simply quitting or becoming survivor mains.

    Perhaps the worst part of it all is the devs have been told hundred if not thousands of times about this issue and it's been ignored or blame averted back to the person that's trying to give them feedback.

    How these guys designed such a game is actually beyond me considering they don't know the first thing about balancing tbh, it really is quite sad.

    Anyway, I really do hope the game continues to succeed but the only way it will in the long term is fi the get their heads out of the sand and start fixing some of the major killer issues and start fixing how broken survivor actually is.

    1. You're absolutely right about killer adept achievements. Nobody disagrees.
    2. Does Circle of Healing allow you to recover from dying state? I never knew that (assuming it's true; have to look this one up). It's definitely broken either way. I hope they nerf boons so that snuffing one out breaks the totem and said totem works with Pintimento. They wouldn't need anything else - boons would still be strong, but they they also wouldn't be uncounterable, and survivors would have to think before constantly spamming them all over the map. When was the last time you played a game and saw less than three Circle of Healing totems? It's ######### ridiculous.
    3. DS doesn't need to be nerfed. It's still a usable perk, but it's counterable. Yes, I run into it as killer, and it's annoying, but it's fair. If you down a survivor and hook them, and they immediately give you an easy hit after being unhooked, assume they have either DS or a BT buff. If you hit them and they have BT, tunnel them for their arrogance. If they don't, it means they have DS - leave them slugged and go after someone else.
    4. Oh, and if someone tries to bodyblock for a protection hit, just go ahead and slap them. They get to waste 30 seconds running off to a corner where a boon totem is and healing; you lose four seconds or so as a tradeoff during the cooldown. It's still not ideal, I suppose, but I'm sure they'll nerf Circle of Healing eventually.
    5. The game overall is survivor-sided when taking advantage of the meta and SWF/voice chat over Discord, but there's ultimately not a lot that can be done about that without getting rid of SWF, and a game like this can't do that. And if we nerf survivors into the ground to make things fair against SWF, it would have the side effect of killing the game for solo players. SWF genrushers are not the majority, so that would be a wrong move. If you come across teams like that, camp, tunnel, slug, and just generally play dirty. They'll get mad at you for it in the endgame chat if they didn't win, and they'll call you mean names and threaten to report you to BHVR, but it's not your job to coddle a bunch of whiny toddlers. If you come across a bully squad, ######### them up; don't feel about it.
    6. Remember that the so-called Survivor Rulebook doesn't place any limitations on survivors. Every idiot shitting this nonsense out in the endgame chat will tell you that "you need to make sure other people enjoy the game", but they don't give half a ######### whether or not YOU enjoyed it. They wanted to win. I'm not saying you should tunnel and facecamp every game, but if they're BMing you and ######### up every hook you almost got with a flashlight or grenade, do what you have to do. If they need a taste of their own medicine, pull a glass out and pour it up.
    7. Map design isn't bad. I love playing on RPD, for example, even as a killer. I would wish that they'd give us the old version of Gideon's Meat back, though. There are plenty of maps that are weighted in favor of survivors, and the fact that any one of the four of them can give an offering to send a killer to one of those maps (a killer can either waste her offering to either negate the survivor offering or use it on something that might matter) only makes it worse. We should get one map that makes survivors feel the way we do when we realize that our match just spawned in Haddonfield.
    8. I don't think the game is dying, but I do agree that things are easier for survivors. I also don't think that BHVR has a "survivor bias" or whatever. This is not some organized conspiracy against killer mains. They just don't always think these things through all the way before putting them into the game. We need to draw their attention to these problems, not get upset and whine about it.





    Even if my post is tl;dr, please read number 8. I feel like that one is important.

  • @Object said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2723968#Comment_2723968

    Not going to breakdown your points, because little do they make sense. Very hard to make a point on person that kicks around himself just because you disagree with one point and forms something called "personal problems" where you merely disagree with one statement and tries to flamedown all. For the suspicion, I don't give a damn about your suspicion. I know many competitive player not using forum, because after they published one forum post, this is what they get - a total flame like you did for their opinion. Just because YOU can't deal with totems doesn't mean nobody can and this is not a game where developers will dance how you sing. Also, I don't really care about Otzdarva's opinions, I had enough when I have seen his survivor gameplay where he flamed his teammates in the ultimate survivor challenge.

    Lastly, you are not "one of the most well known and experienced players in the game", sadly to hold this title you'd have to be known by many people, and quite frankly when I asked some very known names, nobody had clue who the hell are you. Just because you are active in the forum, doesn't mean you hold a famous title.

    I'm opening this back up because I just read this today and I find it so astonishing that you're this ignorant.

    Look at the state of the game right now thanks to SBMM, it's an absolute joke. It's simply highlighted some underlying pre-existing major issues within the game that have been there for ages. Survivor is an has been broken as ######### at medium to higher levels for a long time.. it's just a fact.

    People like you being this clueless are contributing to this games decline, nearly 30% of players have left the game and it begins with frustrated and annoyed killers getting ######### on at the top half of the rankings. I suggest you do a bit of actual research instead of throwing these bullshit points up because they really are invalid just like your view of the state of this game.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    They have no bias, it is just a coincidence. Remember that they adjusted circle of healing? Clearly they favor killers, if anyone.

    25% less healspeed is just 2-3s more of M1íng. It didn´t fix the issue of free medkits as long as the boon is lit.

  • It's not surprising that the developers are survivor-sided since, in theory, the majority of players will be a survivor main (4 to 1) on paper. Catering for the majority is a clever business practice, and people can regurgitate how survivors have been nerfed over the years, but so have killers. Survivors had broken stuff, as did killers, and both get removed. But it's undeniable that survivor remains the dominant and power role of the game in most situations.

    Yet, there's a clear trend that whenever a survivor-sided mechanic or perk is busted, it stays longer, and takes longer to be changed. Just look at Decisive Strike and current Circle of Healing, one took ages to be changed into a reasonable state and the second remains in an unfair state. In contrast, overpowered killer perks like Undying got changed fairly quickly.

1 2 ›