Top 3 most unfun perks to go againts? (both sides)
For Killer:
- Dead Hard
- CoH
- BT (because of body blocking the rescuer)
For Survivors:
- Tinkerer
- Rancor
- Hex: Ruin
...and yours?
For Killer:
For Survivors:
...and yours?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
PGTW can be pretty annoying as well when you want to finish a gen, Killer kicks it with Pop, then he down quickly again someone and kick it again xDDD
For survivor:
For killer
For killer:
For survivor:
Killer:
DH - Only because of the visual effect on killer side.
Boons: Single handily killed hex perks for me. Won't run them without Pentimento.
SB - SB to a strong tile soon as you here killer TR. I won't even ######### chase you....but I will get my hands on you sometime.
Survivor -
Corrupt - Solo Q teammates go down and give the killer 2 or more hooks before corrupt ends. If we can't apply pressure to the killer early we have uphill battle and that's a recipe for disaster in solo's.
Devour - Not even sure how this stays up honestly. I deal with it a lot and it always seems to activate when someone's already dead (Tunneling).
Franklin's - Always seems to be in my games when I bring a FL or MK. franklin's destroys them before you can even pick them up.
Killer
-Dead Hard
-Boon: Circle Of Healing
-Boon: Shadow Step
Survivor
-NOED
-Hex: Ruin
-Rancor
I only player killer but off the top of my head
I rarely play Killer, but...
I don't have a third perk to mention as I rarely play Killer...
As a Survivor, I dislike:
As killer:
As survivor:
Killer:
Dead Hard
Circle of Healing
Blast Mine
Survivor:
NOED cause of the speed boost
Starstruck
Franklin's
Killer:
Dead Hard, COH, Prove Thyself
Survivor:
Ruin, Undying, Tinkerer
Survivor:
NOED, INSIDIOUS, Third seal.
Killer:
DH, UB, COH
It might be very unpopular opinion, but I do enjoy going against Rancor. It just this "Oh ######### oh ######### oh #########" moment when you see killer's aura for the first time and are actually worried that it might be tought to survive - it's a feeling I get very, very rarely as a survivor. I do understand why people dislike the perk, but I personally like it (I'm just too bored with the 'rugular' game).
I don't think I have a single killer perk I dislike going against as survivor, because most of the times it's "Oh thank god, they are not running meta stuff so they don't sweat too much" klind of feeling.
I do dislike going against full 3gen builds like Pop + Surge + Eruption + Pain resonance. While it's not the hardest to counter someone trying to set up a 3 gen, it is so god damn boring to do the same generator over and over again.
I always use Kindred so Fearmonger is always a thorn in my back. I don't dislike it per say, it just counters me so I pout :).
As a killer:
Iron Will - It's such a cheap, passive constant value which forces killer to loop differently and constantly doubt themselves.
Killer-
Iron Will
Lucky Break
Shadow Step
Overall I think survivor perks are in a good spot. I hate immersion as a playstyle though and think Iron Will is poorly designed.
Survivor-
Pain Resonance
Tinkerer
Don't really have a third
I think Pain Resonance and Tinkerer are poorly designed and annoying because of that.
Pain Resonance often makes you feel like a hamster running on a wheel because of its lack of a cooldown. You're doing a gen and watching it explode multiple times as you work on it. If you have lackluster teammates, you're going to spend 120+ seconds on a single gen. Killers and perks have been reworked around this specific problem, yet here we are.
Tinkerer's design issues are really felt in solo queue. You can't simply say "tinkerer" on a voice call when you're in solo queue. And apparently it's impossible to tell when your gen is at 70% and run early for many players even after they've seen Tinkerer in that specific match. The perk's effectiveness also highly depends on its synergy with other perks. On its own, whatever. Paired with a god-tier totem? Super annoying when a killer can unga bunga Tinkerer chase their way to a 4k.
Killer: Exhaustion perks
Survivor: Ruin, Devour if my team cant find them
Head on and franklins
not much else honestly maybe dead hard
Killer:
Blast Mine
Dead Hard
Decisive Strike
Survivor:
Pop goes the Weasel
Hex: Devour Hope
Franklin’s Demise
Killer:
DH
CoH
Shadown step
Survivor:
Ruin
Devour Hope
Thanatophobia w/ Sloppy (I just hate those red bars)
Killer:
Dead hard
Iron will
Boons
Survivor:
Noed
Hook scourge of pain
Tinkerer
Killer
DH
COH
BT
Surviver
Starstruck
Fear Monger
Franklins
I wouldn't necessarily call all of these "unfun". Some are on here because they're annoying. Some are here because they're game-breaking. Others are on here because of they're simply my own feelings playing against them, but not a reflection on the fairness of the perk itself.
As Killer:
Dead Hard -- the number of times I've outplayed someone, only to watch them DH for distance to barely make a pallet or a vault and extend the chase, is beyond counting at this point.
Iron Will -- It's a fair perk, but when a really good survivor who knows how to lose themselves in the middle of a chase is running it, it's a huge-time waster.
Head-On -- It's more of a meme perk than a meta one, but getting hit with it -- especially when it's been set up by a SWF group -- seems personal. Whenever I get hit with it, I usually get really silent -- and make a mental note of what survivor did it to me, lol.
As Survivor:
Hex: Third Seal -- Another fair perk (as a Hex, it probably never makes it past a minute into the game), but if it stays up, it's a killer (no pun intended) for solo players, and even in a SWF, it can cause problems (especially on certain maps -- looking at you, RCPD).
Rancor -- Again, a very fair perk, but if I'm the Obsession, I know my match is probably going to end very badly once that last gen pops.
Sloppy Butcher -- Another fair perk, but I'm not very good at playing the match staying injured, so I'm getting my health state back. Taking forever to get healed is annoying, and potentially doing it over and over again (along with your teammates) during a match is sometimes game-changing.
Killer:
Survivor:
Killer:
- Dead Hard
- Head On
- Circle Of Healing
Survivor:
- Rancor
- Tinkerer
- Franklin's Demise
Killer:
WoO
Lucky Break
Built to Last
Survivor:
Blood Favour
Bamboozle
PGTW
For killer:
For Survivor:
For Killer:
For Survivor:
If timing a dead hard caused the mending status effect but zero distance gained it likely wouldn’t be such a pain in the arse to be honest but as someone that obviously uses it and plays against it… it can be total BS. The only time I don’t think it feels like bs to use if something like bloodlust got carried over to me from someone else and I literally can’t escape the killers speed to anything worthwhile.
Survivor:
Dead Hard, Circle of Healing, Borrowed Time
Killer:
NOED, Devour Hope, Bamboozle
Killer: Dead Hard, Iron Will, Prove Thyself
Survivor: Noed, Tinkerer , Ruin
Survivor: Tinkerer (Mainly the jumpscares i get from this #########' perk) Pwyf Dark devotion,
Killer: Crutch Hard, Crutchsivie Strike, Crutch Guard
As killer:
As survivor:
Killer:
Dead Hard- Its just a cheap way to rob a killer of a down
BT- Mainly because of how they immediately can block a hit after being unhooked
Boon Totem's- Annoying because of how many times it can be put up with no end
Survivor:
Fearmonger- Kind of a pain to do gens sometimes when that is there but not a HUGE problem
NOED- Just kinda cheap imo and im a killer main😅
Nurses calling- Hate it with a passion, especially when playing against nurse😅
Killer: Iron Will, Dead Hard, Adrenaline.
Survivor: Devour Hope, NOED, Tinkerer
Killer: DH, Iron Will, COH
Survivor: NOED, Rancor... don't really hate anything else.
For killer: Dead Hard, Iron Will, Circle of Healing
Self-explanatory. Praise be to the sea-goat that Adiris has my back with the last one.
For survivor: NOED, Third Seal, Tinkerer
Third Seal is a bit of a weird one, but I play solo and if that thing stays up, I'm dying on first hook. Blindness is very much a pub stomper mechanic, and, well, I'm in the pubs.
Pain Resonance is an honorable mention for how many times I've had teammates hook trade at a scourge hook and nuke my gen into oblivion.
Survivor
•NOED speed boost like most people
•Franklin's because I'll bring a brown med-kit because of a challenge and get screwed because someone brings a flashlight
•Insidious mostly because of Basement bubba's and the teammates who after all the gens are done and the killer was no where to be found decide to search the basement plus it's useless
Killer
•DS for the extremely long stun
•Dead hard because visual I hit them but nope doesn't count
•Lucky break it's a good perk but I still perferd the old version when it was just blood not scratch marks
Both sided
•Flashlights I hate people who bring flashlights and I don't mean the people who try saving I mean the ones who decide let me click my flashlight constantly 9/10 times they die by the killer
Survivor
Shadow step
Iron will
CoH
Killer
Ruin
Tinkerer
Fearmonger
Interesting.
For me:
Killer
Survivor
Spine Chill, DH
Bamboozle, NOED
Survivor: Dead Hard, Iron Will, CoH
Killer: Ruin, others i dont really care about
Took me a minute to think of these:
Survivor:
Killer:
As survivor I find Franklin's the most unfun because of how it depletes your item so fast. I'd far rather the old version where I keep my charges so long as someone touches it. Noed is noed. Ruin (especially with Undying or Tinkerer) just because it means I need to stay on gens instead of running for flashlight saves.
Dead hard is quite obvious for killer. CoH I have been fortunate to not be affected by it as much as others (playing Bubba and Trapper), but I know I will hate it. The last one was tough but I went with Iron Will. Just trying to mind game any tile when you can't hear a survivor is extremely annoying.
KILLER
SURVIVOR
As Killer:
1. Dead Hard
2. Unbreakable
3. Every Boon that I have to snuff instead of destroy....
As Survivor:
It is pretty hard to say as playing Survivor is usually a breeze aside from certain Solo games.
As killer:
Dead hard
Iron will
COH
As survivor:
Hex: Devour Hope
NOED
Tinkerer
Dead hard - mostly because of validation.
Ds and Bt - these would not feature if it weren't for the fact that survivors do not use them as intended. They use them aggressively. Putting themselves in positions to cost the killer by using them.
Noed - I don't have a problem with noed really except for those couple games where the killer was genuinely bad, you played well but they just managed to hit you once as you were running for the exit and now you're being facecamped.
For Killer:
-Dead Hard (obviously)
-Iron Will
-Borrowed Time
For Survivor:
-Ruin (I suck at finding totems)
-NOED (because so many killers use it to camp hooks while gens get finished so they can use it)
-Rancor (because you can just get unlucky and die)
!. hmm lets see:
Tbh, I often run Franklin just to spite and grief survivors a bit. It helps that they often predictably come back to fetch their items and then go down.
Back om topic
Killers :
DH
- it's so versatile and hit validation will often lead to the Killer be stuck in their blade cleaning animation with nothing to show for it.
BT
- if it were just a tool for getting away aftet unhooking, I probably wouldn't even notice this perk, but so often the unhooked surv will bodyblock for their savior and both get away scott free with little risk for anyone. It's just frustrating.
CoH or IW
- CoH is just plain too strong and threw the whole balance out of the window. But I equally hate IW because it single-handedly shuts down an underused perk (Stridor) and robs killers of one of their most important tracking tools. Also Spirit is pretty hard to learn with half the player base running IW.
Survivors:
NOED has the potential to be quite the show stopper, even if you did nothing wrong. But in today's meta I run it myself more and more without feeling bad.
Franklin:
I love this perk for the same reason I hate it. I normally don't go into a game with an item equipped, but when I do, and even add a few add-ons, I am 95% sure to loose it against a casual Franklin hit.
Insidious: not very meta, but the peeps who play it are often the mean face camping kind. I wish that it would be more viable as a sort of stealthy perk for everyone, like it originally was intended, but how fast gens fly nowadays, I can't see that happening in today's meta.
I find it interesting that DH and CoH are on almost every single one of these.
Killer: Dead Hard, DS and Deliverance. That particular combo is just to troll with.
Survivor: Thatanatophobia, Sloppy Butcher and BBQ
Honestly it surprises me that there's been so little mention of BBQ. I hate it. It's the biggest crutch in the game, even as killer I hate using it because it feels like training wheels but it's too good not to use. Up to double bloodpoints and vision for every hook ? And then you're in Solo and your teammates can't run so you've gotta hop in a locker every ten seconds.
Killers don't run BBQ for the info, especially with Shadowstep being a thing. There are way better info perks out there.
Killers run BBQ for the BP gain.
I actually never considered BBQ that much of a clutch perk. I run it on nearly all my killers just to lighten the blood point load, so I try to get everyone hooked at least ones, but half the time all the survivors are either to close to register, or on the literally other end of the map.
I would 1000% swap BBQ out for Rancor, if that gave double blood points, too, just for the infinite better detection. Gens will always be flying, no matter what, and with Rancor you sometimes see someone hiding right mext to you.