Your replacement- do you feel it?

You have more and more competitors cropping up. Competitors who won’t make the same stupid mistakes- not balancing for the more faithful high leveled players and releasing updates riddled with bugs and sometimes game crashing oversights despite a literal testing period a month before release. Do you sense your end? I do.

I don’t want this game to end- I want you all to step up and do better. But you won’t unless given no alternative. Now, it seems, there are alternatives. Get your sht together BHVR, or lose your fan base. Hate and flame me all you want, but mark my words: it’s sink or swim now.

Tagged: BHVR

Comments

  • "DBD bad" yet yall keep playing it instead of playing the "competition", ok.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2660897#Comment_2660897

    VHS is no competition. Not even close.

    All the Killers who claim that they get "bullied" in DBD (which often just means that Survivors won the game...) will not have a good time in VHS if Survivors can fight back there.

    VHS is just one of those asymmetrical games which is announced as a new DBD-Killer by the community and will then die like any other "competition".

    Since you seem so certain about this, would be interested to know what is "close" to a DBD killer, in your opinion.

  • @JPA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2660901#Comment_2660901

    Since you seem so certain about this, would be interested to know what is "close" to a DBD killer, in your opinion.

    I dont think it is possible to kill DBD. Maybe a game can co-exist, but only if it differs from DBD a lot. Even if you make a game which is close to DBD, you will also have imbalance there. And you dont have that many licenses, all those licensed characters give DBD an edge over any potential competition.

    If you are a fan of the Halloween-franchise, which game do you play? Obviously the one which has Michael Myers as a Killer.

    Competition to DBD would only be possible if they make the game quite close in gameplay, but feeling more unique (and better) than DBD AND manage to acquire some licenses. But at least the last part will only be possible if the first part is fulfilled and there is a decent amount of players.

  • @WARW0LF said:

    Can't wait for VHS tbh, dbd is old and very dated now, with greedy clueless devs, VHS got more steam wishlists than dbds peak players record, thats kinda telling of what people really think about this dump

    If VHS didn't have more wishlisted then dbd had players playing in a single moment in time on a single platform it would be really worrysome

  • If I would get every time a dollar, when a new the-end-is-near thread appears, I would definitely buy even more skins in the DBD shop :3

  • @WARW0LF said:

    Can't wait for VHS tbh, dbd is old and very dated now, with greedy clueless devs, VHS got more steam wishlists than dbds peak players record, thats kinda telling of what people really think about this dump

    Really don't see why wishlist means anything, especially why it'll somehow kill dbd or something.

    The games can literally co-exist, and of course new games get added to wishlists while it's being hyped

  • @Mandy said:

    I'm always surprised when I read these sorts of threads, especially as so many games have come and gone.

    Personally, I hope VHS does well - people have put a lot of time and effort into the game and knowing how much work has gone into a game makes me sad that they had so many issues with their Beta launch, I wished the same thing for Last Year.

    The genre is plenty big enough to have more than one game in it. It won't change DbD - we don't work our game around other games, the decisions that are made are made purely because the people that make these decisions believe they are right for the game, that's not going to change. We're a Live game, things will (and do) change as they have always done.

    Nice statement - I totally agree with u. There are for sure other nice and similar games, but this wont stop me playing DBD. Im also very sorry for Last Year and Deathgarden btw :'(

  • @AkiTheKitten said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2662357#Comment_2662357

    Really don't see why wishlist means anything, especially why it'll somehow kill dbd or something.

    The games can literally co-exist, and of course new games get added to wishlists while it's being hyped

    I was confused as well. 100k wishlisting it on Steam? Cool? DbD probably have more than that at all times if you count both PC and console players.

    And it's not like all 100k are gonna stay playing the game.

  • @CakeDuty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2662426#Comment_2662426

    I was confused as well. 100k wishlisting it on Steam? Cool? DbD probably have more than that at all times if you count both PC and console players.

    And it's not like all 100k are gonna stay playing the game.

    Its not even like all of those will actually ever play the game. On my Wishlist are games which I never bought, despite being on sale multiple times.

  • I watched some VHS gameplay, not really doing it for me. 🤷‍♂️ I don’t care about the ‘80s theme, and the fights look more like typical shooters since the survivors are firing back, but if I was interested in a shooter I’d probably just play more Overwatch instead. I’m probably skipping it.

  • NEWSFLASH

    This just in... you can enjoy both DBD and VHS (or any other game that has similar concepts)!

  • VHS aint gonna replace DBD and I feel bad for all the people thinking/hoping it will.

  • It doesn't even need to "replace" DBD. Even if it does well enough to take a small percentage of players from the DBD playerbase, then that is hopefully enough to make the devs think about some health changes to the game rather than rushing out new characters all the time.

  • @CakeDuty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2662426#Comment_2662426

    I was confused as well. 100k wishlisting it on Steam? Cool? DbD probably have more than that at all times if you count both PC and console players.

    And it's not like all 100k are gonna stay playing the game.

    Exactly. People add new, hyped games to wishlists all the time anyways, I doubt all of those will actually play after the hype goes away

  • @Mandy said:

    I'm always surprised when I read these sorts of threads, especially as so many games have come and gone.

    Personally, I hope VHS does well - people have put a lot of time and effort into the game and knowing how much work has gone into a game makes me sad that they had so many issues with their Beta launch, I wished the same thing for Last Year.

    The genre is plenty big enough to have more than one game in it. It won't change DbD - we don't work our game around other games, the decisions that are made are made purely because the people that make these decisions believe they are right for the game, that's not going to change. We're a Live game, things will (and do) change as they have always done.

    It's been almost half a year since my 'over-dramatic' post. 5 and a half months or so, and DbD is seeing many long-awaited and far too often requested changes going through at the almost 6 year mark. Whether or not it is due to the very likely possibility of competitors cropping up or not, I couldn't be happier. Still, one has to wonder, why now? Why not, idk, like 2-4 years ago? Not like the community hasn't been extremely clear on what would balance things better since the beginning... I'll leave that debate to those smarter than I.

    As I had stated many times before-hand, VHS wouldn't out-shine DbD. However, it came closest to formula we know and love and have best represented here, and others are on their way. My finger is on the pulse, and there's one or two possibilities I'm quite excited about. Whereas I understand the second half of your statement and can appreciate it, I can't help but notice your rather condescending first-half commentary that doesn't require an analyst or psychologist to interpret: "especially as so many games have come and gone." That more than amply shines a light on just how little threatened you guys are at true competition. The flowery bits after that line do little to nothing to mask your condescension towards the failed attempts thus far. Still, they are getting closer. We'll see, I suppose.

    Snarkiness aside, if things continue as they have been, there won't be an issue no matter how you view it. I really do feel as though the DbD devs are starting to value their community's input more-so this year than they have any other, and if that's the case, it's a great thing for all around. I'm pleasantly surprised, and hope the trend continues. I'll be back on the thread in another 13 months or so, I'm still fairly confident I'll be proven correct.

    Edit: Except the current sbmm tests. So far things feel worse for me, but so far as I know I'm in the minority. Kill it, please- is my vote. I don't want to sweat every single game.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2660882#Comment_2660882

    I mean....... There is A VERY real possibility this is about to happen because of hackers. And you're not going to like it.

    While I'm here again, I'm curious to know what you mean. I play a fair amount of both roles, and BY FAR I encounter more hackers when I play killer. In my 5 or so years playing this game I've encountered like, 2 hacking killers vs nearly 150 survivor hackers. I don't get the logic. Am I missing something?

  • @Seiji212 said:

    You have more and more competitors cropping up. Competitors who won’t make the same stupid mistakes- not balancing for the more faithful high leveled players and releasing updates riddled with bugs and sometimes game crashing oversights despite a literal testing period a month before release. Do you sense your end? I do.

    I don’t want this game to end- I want you all to step up and do better. But you won’t unless given no alternative. Now, it seems, there are alternatives. Get your sht together BHVR, or lose your fan base. Hate and flame me all you want, but mark my words: it’s sink or swim now.

    I absolutely love Midnight Ghost hunt,that game is soooooooooooooooo fun.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2879250#Comment_2879250

    https://mobile.twitter.com/TricksOfShadows/status/1509624284099985425?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

    That's interesting and all, and I'm definitely gonna look into it- but it still doesn't change the fact that the majority of hackers in this game are very much survivors. It's a minor caveat, probably, but I just don't understand why it necessitates a killer AI vs a survivor one. In fact, I don't see the correlation at all. If BHVR could so easily identify hackers and replace them with bots, we'd know by now. They clearly cannot. So what is the logic here?

  • @Seiji212 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2660882#Comment_2660882

    Call it what you will- melodramatic or. It it’s the truth- DbD, as much as I love it, has had it far too good for far too long. It’s allowed them to do the bare minimum and this game, which most of us love, is a complete nightmare even though it’s been 5+ years. Now they have to get their sht together or fail like Friday the 13th did.

    they won’t, I think. They’ve had the potential most of this time to do right by their fan base but haven’t, because they didn’t have to. Now they do. And this is just the beginning.

    They’ll reclaim their crown, I’ve no doubt, but in the meantime they’ll get serious and that’s all I’ve ever wanted.

    Friday the 13th failed cause of lawsuit, irrelevant to this discussion.

  • @Seiji212 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2660929#Comment_2660929

    You ppl just focus on the extreme and completely ignore or miss the important points.

    is what you’re saying true? Absolutely.

    is what you’re saying the whole story? Not at all.

    it’s about the simple fact that these attempts are getting closer and closer to the DbD formula. It’s a threat. Look how many streamers are getting hyped for literally anything else that comes close. Step outside your bias and see the big picture.

    you think VHS is the end? Lol. No. It’s just come close enough to prove that DbD has to try harder now or be replaced. It’s really that simple.

    That's the thing YOU HAVE NO IMPORTANT POINTS. Every time a new game come out the same people post the same stuff, sorry you aren't unique or special. This isn't stuff that hasn't been said before.

  • There isn't another game that will kill DbD beside DbD itself

    Its like Destiny 2, everyone says some other game will kill it when in reality only the devs can kill it

    but at least those devs learnt from their mistake and made the best expansion so far

  • @Mandy said:

    I'm always surprised when I read these sorts of threads, especially as so many games have come and gone.

    Personally, I hope VHS does well - people have put a lot of time and effort into the game and knowing how much work has gone into a game makes me sad that they had so many issues with their Beta launch, I wished the same thing for Last Year.

    The genre is plenty big enough to have more than one game in it. It won't change DbD - we don't work our game around other games, the decisions that are made are made purely because the people that make these decisions believe they are right for the game, that's not going to change. We're a Live game, things will (and do) change as they have always done.

    I play wow since vanilla and i know all this "that new game will kill your game" stuff. While I think competition is a good thing and I even think having no competition can be bad I don't think dbd is gonna die just because two or three similar games release

  • I feel sorry for VHS, because bratty DBD players will use it to play with BHVR and such players really ought to just go play something else.

    This is a terrible way to treat a developer.

  • @Seiji212 said:

    You have more and more competitors cropping up. Competitors who won’t make the same stupid mistakes- not balancing for the more faithful high leveled players and releasing updates riddled with bugs and sometimes game crashing oversights despite a literal testing period a month before release. Do you sense your end? I do.

    I don’t want this game to end- I want you all to step up and do better. But you won’t unless given no alternative. Now, it seems, there are alternatives. Get your sht together BHVR, or lose your fan base. Hate and flame me all you want, but mark my words: it’s sink or swim now.

    1. Most of the problems you have listed crop up in literally every multiplayer game. Bugs, even ones that kill the game, happen in literally all video games. Balancing? Frankly balancing pvp is like walking on a tightrope, with a bunch of fans blowing, and also the rope is on fire. I have yet to see a "perfectly balanced" game that is still able to introduce new content, because the act of introducing anything new into the game by nature creates imbalances. If you do plan on waiting for a multiplayer game with no bugs introduced and no balancing issues, I'd recommend you take up knitting. At least that way you'll get something out of the time wasted.

    2. Competitors. I played vhs, and prop hunt, and last year, and midnight ghost hunt, and F13. I also played Evolve, which is where vhs is actually getting most of their good ideas. Is there a chance some new game on the horizon will do what these others couldn't? Maybe, but it's going to have to do a lot more than just exist on steam and ape a few good ideas from other asymmetrical games. A real competitor will need major backing from a successful developer, cross-platfirn play, a large amount of starting characters, and funds on hand to get licensing agreements... There's a new Leatherface game that may do some of that, but even so, it's a lot more difficult than people like to think.

  • @Starrseed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2661345#Comment_2661345

    I play wow since vanilla and i know all this "that new game will kill your game" stuff. While I think competition is a good thing and I even think having no competition can be bad I don't think dbd is gonna die just because two or three similar games release

    WoW literally killed off almost every other MMO with subscription based services. I played Ultima Online during that time and recall exactly what was going on, in fact, I switched from Ultima Online to WoW to "experience that cool 3d map stuff" UO was 2d birds eye,....

    Now WoW is dying off, its a cycle and its real. My fave game of all time was Ultima Online and its pretty much dead, dont think it cant happen.

  • @Starrseed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2661345#Comment_2661345

    I play wow since vanilla and i know all this "that new game will kill your game" stuff. While I think competition is a good thing and I even think having no competition can be bad I don't think dbd is gonna die just because two or three similar games release

    Yup, I remember those threads, lol. "This game is so unbalanced, I'm going to guild wars!"

    @DrDeepwound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2879333#Comment_2879333

    WoW literally killed off almost every other MMO with subscription based services. I played Ultima Online during that time and recall exactly what was going on, in fact, I switched from Ultima Online to WoW to "experience that cool 3d map stuff" UO was 2d birds eye,....

    Now WoW is dying off, its a cycle and its real. My fave game of all time was Ultima Online and its pretty much dead, dont think it cant happen.

    Definitely true as well, however I would point out that WoW is almost 20 years old. I've never heard of a multiplayer game lasting that long. It's dropping off now, but at the same rate as interest in the MMORPG genre as a whole, even the free to play ones are lucky to get 1mil users a day, which is a far cry from the numbers Ultima, EverQuest and WoW achieved despite having to pay money for those games. So it's less that WoW is being beaten, more just that it's a 20 year old example of a dying genre, so it's going to lose players. DbD meanwhile isn't nearly as old, and is in a genre that is only gaining interest as time goes on.

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2879333#Comment_2879333

    Yup, I remember those threads, lol. "This game is so unbalanced, I'm going to guild wars!"

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2879388#Comment_2879388

    Definitely true as well, however I would point out that WoW is almost 20 years old. I've never heard of a multiplayer game lasting that long. It's dropping off now, but at the same rate as interest in the MMORPG genre as a whole, even the free to play ones are lucky to get 1mil users a day, which is a far cry from the numbers Ultima, EverQuest and WoW achieved despite having to pay money for those games. So it's less that WoW is being beaten, more just that it's a 20 year old example of a dying genre, so it's going to lose players. DbD meanwhile isn't nearly as old, and is in a genre that is only gaining interest as time goes on.

    And while wow is definitely past its glory days I am excited to see what direction it will take under the new leadership of Microsoft I think it can't get worse then under Activision

  • @Jago said:

    Cant wait for killer AI

    This aged well

  • @Starrseed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2879398#Comment_2879398

    And while wow is definitely past its glory days I am excited to see what direction it will take under the new leadership of Microsoft I think it can't get worse then under Activision

    Hopefully they'll do the smart thing and make WoW 2. At this point the original is so bloated with expansions, half finished ideas and stuff that was done but then half taken out later that I think the best move is to start over fresh

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    DBD has competition? Would be new to me.

    Tbf every game has competition even if they arent the same type of game. There certainly is alot of games coming out that will draw my attention away from DBD for sure.

    However if we're talking 4v1 games that might take people away I'm certainly interested In evil dead game after playing the beta, will have to wait and see but atm DBD has issues keeping me on it and that's as both roles

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2660889#Comment_2660889

    Tbf every game has competition even if they arent the same type of game. There certainly is alot of games coming out that will draw my attention away from DBD for sure.

    However if we're talking 4v1 games that might take people away I'm certainly interested In evil dead game after playing the beta, will have to wait and see but atm DBD has issues keeping me on it and that's as both roles

    The evil dead game looks fun as hell, how was the beta?

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2660897#Comment_2660897

    VHS is no competition. Not even close.

    All the Killers who claim that they get "bullied" in DBD (which often just means that Survivors won the game...) will not have a good time in VHS if Survivors can fight back there.

    VHS is just one of those asymmetrical games which is announced as a new DBD-Killer by the community and will then die like any other "competition".

    Tbh I don't think that VHS will die any soon once it releases. But I don't think that VHS ever tried to be a replacement for DbD. For me they are two different games with different goals and gameplays in mind. So please do not compare them and try to make those community fight against each other. D:

    I really like both games while each of them has they unique problems. ♥

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2879538#Comment_2879538

    The evil dead game looks fun as hell, how was the beta?

    I loved the beta, like sure there was a few little issues (nothing major just an odd skip in frames) but it certainly was a nee fresh take on the 4v1 style.

    I'm not sure how much you know of it yet, but if you have questions feel free to ask.

    It's not the same as DBD but when I was playing I was having fun and wanted to play more (of both sides) so that's a good sign

  • @The_Daydreamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2660901#Comment_2660901

    Tbh I don't think that VHS will die any soon once it releases. But I don't think that VHS ever tried to be a replacement for DbD. For me they are two different games with different goals and gameplays in mind. So please do not compare them and try to make those community fight against each other. D:

    I really like both games while each of them has they unique problems. ♥

    People said Last Year was gonna crush DBD too.... didnt it die BEFORE it even came out LOL

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2879542#Comment_2879542

    People said Last Year was gonna crush DBD too.... didnt it die BEFORE it even came out LOL

    But we are talking VHS, which doesn't really interfere with DbD. Like I said, do not compare them ♥

  • @The_Daydreamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2879548#Comment_2879548

    But we are talking VHS, which doesn't really interfere with DbD. Like I said, do not compare them ♥

    My point is these games do the same thing.... they hype themselves up with big streamers playing them (while rest of us cannot) then the game goes dormant while players (wait) then release comes and,.... no one is hyped anymore.

    I checked out VHS but if I can't play it, I move on to what I can play, and many others do the same.... its the same feels I had about Last Year. I was like ooh looks like breath of fresh air,... then it died before it even launched really. Or by the time it released no one cared.

  • VHS literally just deleted their entire Steam forum to 'start fresh.'

    RIP pages of criticism.

  • @Raccoon said:

    VHS literally just deleted their entire Steam forum to 'start fresh.'

    RIP pages of criticism.

    Seriously? Damn that is shady as hell

  • I just need to point out that, even if VHS has potential (I've played for a few weeks), it is very different from DbD.

    I don't mean in term of look, bugs, ...

    I mean in term of gameplay or genre.

    VHS is more akin to a tactical fighting game.

    It is also extremely tiring for the monster and, at the moment, higher level play is unbalanced towards the teens. (Long discussion, it's not a beta yet, let's not dwell)

    I also need to add that, as "toxic" as the DbD community is painted, I'll chose its side any day against what currently roams on VHS's Discord server. (Short discussion but it's not the place)

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2879542#Comment_2879542

    People said Last Year was gonna crush DBD too.... didnt it die BEFORE it even came out LOL

    Everyone knew Last Year was a glorified L4D mod.

  • DbD has too hard core a base at this point to die from a single competing game release. That’s not to say it can’t fade away over time through normal attrition and aging but games like VHS and Evil Dead and Elden Ring, etc, aren’t going to suddenly kill it.

    On a side note Evil Dead trailers look pretty spiffy. I’m actually more interested in that than both VHS and Elden Ring. 🙂

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2879556#Comment_2879556

    My point is these games do the same thing.... they hype themselves up with big streamers playing them (while rest of us cannot) then the game goes dormant while players (wait) then release comes and,.... no one is hyped anymore.

    I checked out VHS but if I can't play it, I move on to what I can play, and many others do the same.... its the same feels I had about Last Year. I was like ooh looks like breath of fresh air,... then it died before it even launched really. Or by the time it released no one cared.

    I get what you mean. The thing with VHS is, that the servers are down since a month because they got attacked. They are patching the security and everything with some balance tweaks which seemed pretty reasonable. The first thing I really like, is that they are pretty transparent. And VHS isn't gaining hype over some HUGE streamers. They are sending many keys out to many players who registered on the official website. And once the beta hits, everything should be public as I know. I can wait for them if they release a good and balanced game, u know? Just don't make the Cyberpunk 2077 move D:

    And btw, the problem with Last Year was, how you already said it, the bad advertisement and pretty awful balancing. Once u found a match it was either a squad that bullied the killer or the killer bullied new players. It was awful in both ways while the game had potential. :<

  • VHS - Something Evil has arrived in the video store...Abominations once confined to video store cassettes have escaped the tape and transformed into deadly reality. Experience pulse-pounding 4v1 combat amidst neon-soaked cinematic labyrinths where power shifts unpredictably between Good and Evil, but always ends in a fight-to-the-death climax fit for the silver screen.Monsters follow a script that calls not only for death, but total domination. Be you the Werewolf-- brutal and swift, or the Dollmaster-- creeping and conniving, you are designed to feast on fear, terrorizing your teenage prey relentlessly.Teens scramble to flip the script with weapons fueled by ancient Stigma-- Burn, Shock, Curse, and Purify-- that extinguish Evil. Blast monsters with a faceful of Flame and Fury, dish out a killer jolt from your Raygun or RC Flyer, swing Cursed Swords and cast curses, and harness the glory of a Holy Slingshot or Cross. VHS bleeds 80s horror, and if you’re not careful, you will too. Fight Back or DieThe monsters of VHS are a tribute to over the top 80s horror where anything goes. From a classic Werewolf to the sinister Dollmaster, fight as a growing roster of grotesque, ferocious, and lethal creatures. As a Teen, craft and master a variety of single use and limited fuel weaponry for a shot at turning the tables on the monster. There is no escape, so you must fight to survive.Movie MagicEach level is hand-crafted and designed for the ultimate cinematic showdown. Explore classic and fantastical cinematic locales, from decrepit hotels to top-secret research facilities.Hero’s JourneyEach character has a skill tree full of unique perks and custom cosmetics along their personal path to becoming the ultimate hero or villain.Celebrate CreativityShowcase your own style from head to toe in colorful costumes and vivid variants that celebrate the freedom of the 80’s video era. Become the ultimate Video Horror Society fan as you collect an entire shelf of movies full of challenges that reveal hidden lore and reward themed cosmetics. Free to PlayVHS is already yours to enjoy, so hop in!

    Here's a link if you want to follow their forum.

  • VHS looked like crap in my opinion

  • @deKlaw_04 said:

    VHS looked like crap in my opinion

    I didn't want to be the first person to say that so thank you

  • @The_Daydreamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2879559#Comment_2879559

    I get what you mean. The thing with VHS is, that the servers are down since a month because they got attacked. They are patching the security and everything with some balance tweaks which seemed pretty reasonable. The first thing I really like, is that they are pretty transparent. And VHS isn't gaining hype over some HUGE streamers. They are sending many keys out to many players who registered on the official website. And once the beta hits, everything should be public as I know. I can wait for them if they release a good and balanced game, u know? Just don't make the Cyberpunk 2077 move D:

    And btw, the problem with Last Year was, how you already said it, the bad advertisement and pretty awful balancing. Once u found a match it was either a squad that bullied the killer or the killer bullied new players. It was awful in both ways while the game had potential. :<

    I found out about VHS from an ex-fog whisperer who was making videos hyping it up so not sure how they are not gaining hype from streamers. Thats literally how I found about it. Some stopped making DBD content for a couple weeks and made bunch of youtube vids for VHS. *shrugs*

  • The discussions on the Steam forums were a bit melodramatic and plagued by shill trolls. It was the logical step I guess. (Otherwise yes, I've seen some very weird crap there and on the Discord)

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2879569#Comment_2879569

    I found out about VHS from an ex-fog whisperer who was making videos hyping it up so not sure how they are not gaining hype from streamers. Thats literally how I found about it. Some stopped making DBD content for a couple weeks and made bunch of youtube vids for VHS. *shrugs*

    Did they? I haven't seen any but that doesn't mean that it doesn't exists. So I am sorry for the misinformation D:

    Btw I saw the comment above which said, that they deleted the whole steam diskussion page. Apparently based on a moderator, they did it because many people attacke the devs and violated some steam rules. And instead of going through every thread, they just deleted the whole forum.

  • @drsoontm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2879563#Comment_2879563

    The discussions on the Steam forums were a bit melodramatic and plagued by shill trolls. It was the logical step I guess. (Otherwise yes, I've seen some very weird crap there and on the Discord)

    I guess so. I was a mod on a wrestling forum for like 5 years and we never even considered a purge like that, if you want to see melodrama and toxicity go no further, lol. Seriously we'd get the type of troll that has to have a character and a backstory and everything for their trolling.

1 2 3