I run 0 slowdown

Yet I still get bm'd and teabagged on SWF weekends, gotta love the community.

Comments

  • Yeah, BM and teabagging typically has nothing to do with what you're running

    It's either they don't like what killer you picked, they don't like your playstyle or they're just one of those people who finds it fun to try and agitate others for whatever reason. I see some players/streamers use the reasoning of "i do it so the killer keeps chasing me" but I think that's kind of a lame excuse

    On the same page, I try to not let it get to me as much these days. They win when you let them get to you.

  • People will do that no matter what. It's natural.

  • There is no course of action a killer can take that will please all survivors. I've been yelled at for every permutation of farming and/or playing the game there is. I've been accused of camping the hook in a game I farmed and let everyone go. I've been tbagged and GGez'd by survivors I carried to the gate and dropped there. I once played my typical survivor rulebook playstyle (absolutely no tunneling, no intentional camping, only slug if I'm being forced to by would-be saviors or if I intend to let someone else pick up the slug) as Myers on the Game, got clicky-clicky-tbagged the whole game and the usual exit gate tbag brigade, and when I asked what their deal was, the SWF told me that most killers are toxic so I probably deserved it. And then spammed "wHY sO ruDe!?!?!" until I left.

    There's some correlation between your playstyle and survivor BM - if you do things that people dislike playing against, you'll get more of it - but a lot of people are just habitual douchebags and they'll be nasty to you no matter what you do.

  • They probably do it on weekdays too. Toxic swf aren't the community, fam. Don't compare me to them, I am much worse.

  • No one wants you to play fair or be nice.

    They just want to win, shove it in your face, and have an excuse if they can't do that to make themselves feel better and rob you of you feeling of victory.

    Play however you want, but don't be afraid to tunnel, camp, user certain perks, or do other things within the games rules that some consider 'dirty' or 'cheap.'

  • @Iliketoplaykiller said:

    Yet I still get bm'd and teabagged on SWF weekends, gotta love the community.

    I've actually moved away from regression perks almost completely. I find that they can help me turn a strong game into a winning game, but often they fail to help me turn a bad game around. Ruin gets found immediately, Pop takes a while to use. The only one I still use a fair bit is Surge.

    I have a lot more luck with info and pressure heavy builds. Nothing slows down a game like 2 people on hook and me chasing a third.

    That said:

    @glitchboi said:

    People will do that no matter what. It's natural.

    I'd say more 'typical'. It's the old as dirt 'Anonymity + Audience = Massive Jerk' formula.

    I'm pretty much the nicest killer you are likely to come up against unless I'm doing an Adept or something, and I still get BMed a hell of a lot.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Do not look for validation from those people. Those people are so insecure to where they have to make someone feel oppressed over a video game so they can feel any sense of worth. It's stupid. Ignore those people.

    I am not looking for validation I'm looking for "fun" games for both sides.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/295802/i-run-0-slowdown

    I've actually moved away from regression perks almost completely. I find that they can help me turn a strong game into a winning game, but often they fail to help me turn a bad game around. Ruin gets found immediately, Pop takes a while to use. The only one I still use a fair bit is Surge.

    I have a lot more luck with info and pressure heavy builds. Nothing slows down a game like 2 people on hook and me chasing a third.

    That said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2650553#Comment_2650553

    I'd say more 'typical'. It's the old as dirt 'Anonymity + Audience = Massive Jerk' formula.

    I'm pretty much the nicest killer you are likely to come up against unless I'm doing an Adept or something, and I still get BMed a hell of a lot.

    To add on to your point, I'm pretty much the meanest Killer you could play against.

    When I stopped playing in a "nice" way, I did not notice any uptick in the amount of hate mail or in-game toxicity I received. This leads me to believe it is not about how you play, it's about a feeling of power.

    It's begun to get to the point where people I've killed when I play Killer recognize my name and throw the game when we play together as Survivor, or if they happen to be playing Killer, specifically target me multiple games in a row. Like this guy, who was playing Iron Grasp, Agitation, Mad Grit and NOED Bubba and just put me in basement and smacked me on hook until I died. 3 games in a row.

    Snake ban_LI.jpg

    If you make people feel powerless (by winning), they are either going to be super toxic or try to find a way to get retribution.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2650567#Comment_2650567

    To add on to your point, I'm pretty much the meanest Killer you could play against.

    When I stopped playing in a "nice" way, I did not notice any uptick in the amount of hate mail or in-game toxicity I received. This leads me to believe it is not about how you play, it's about a feeling of power.

    It's begun to get to the point where people I've killed when I play Killer recognize my name and throw the game when we play together as Survivor, or if they happen to be playing Killer, specifically target me multiple games in a row. Like this guy, who was playing Iron Grasp, Agitation, Mad Grit and NOED Bubba and just put me in basement and smacked me on hook until I died. 3 games in a row.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/EFQ8JTM8F314/snake-ban-li.jpg

    If you make people feel powerless (by winning), they are either going to be super toxic or try to find a way to get retribution.

    I'm just starting to learn the "we want to just have fun and meme" is a load of crap in this community. It just feels like how can we make the other side more miserable.

  • I'm glad I play on console, because I can just deactivate being messaged altogether. Like you however, I don't like running slow down or regression perks. I like the chase, so I like investing in that. Pallets are the strongest weapon that survivors have, and anything that can help with that is what I prefer. It's not uncommon for me to run a build that has STBFL, Enduring, Brutal Strength, and an info perk of some kind, either BBQ or Tinkerer.

    The way I look at it is if survivors are playing in a SWF, then there's nothing that I can bring to the table that's going to balance being fed that much information, especially if I'm playing a stealthy Killer. And if they're bringing tool boxes with brand new parts, then again no kind of slow down is going to prevent gens from popping, so I may as well get value from mowing them down as fast as possible!

  • @Iliketoplaykiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2650576#Comment_2650576

    I'm just starting to learn the "we want to just have fun and meme" is a load of crap in this community. It just feels like how can we make the other side more miserable.

    Welcome aboard!

    Did you try Bubba yet?

  • Yes of course it does, who likes getting teabagged after every pallet thrown. Or getting bagged on after every window vaulted, its only fun if I'm skilled enough to stop it.

  • I've been playing since 16, the game isn't new to me.

  • Jokes on you for trying to please people.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2650567#Comment_2650567

    To add on to your point, I'm pretty much the meanest Killer you could play against.

    When I stopped playing in a "nice" way, I did not notice any uptick in the amount of hate mail or in-game toxicity I received. This leads me to believe it is not about how you play, it's about a feeling of power.

    It's begun to get to the point where people I've killed when I play Killer recognize my name and throw the game when we play together as Survivor, or if they happen to be playing Killer, specifically target me multiple games in a row. Like this guy, who was playing Iron Grasp, Agitation, Mad Grit and NOED Bubba and just put me in basement and smacked me on hook until I died. 3 games in a row.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/EFQ8JTM8F314/snake-ban-li.jpg

    If you make people feel powerless (by winning), they are either going to be super toxic or try to find a way to get retribution.

    I sort of passed on through that a while back.

    At first I tried to be nice, went easy from the start - and got mocked and gloated at.

    Then I got nasty and started playing ultra-sweaty.

    Finally, I realized the trick. Hit them hard and as sweatily as you can right from the start. Obtain a solid lead and complete control of the game. Then, if you feel like it, ease up in a way that's obvious to everyone.

    These are basically the only games I never get BMed in.

  • @SweetTerror said:

    I'm glad I play on console, because I can just deactivate being messaged altogether. Like you however, I don't like running slow down or regression perks. I like the chase, so I like investing in that. Pallets are the strongest weapon that survivors have, and anything that can help with that is what I prefer. It's not uncommon for me to run a build that has STBFL, Enduring, Brutal Strength, and an info perk of some kind, either BBQ or Tinkerer.

    The way I look at it is if survivors are playing in a SWF, then there's nothing that I can bring to the table that's going to balance being fed that much information, especially if I'm playing a stealthy Killer. And if they're bringing tool boxes with brand new parts, then again no kind of slow down is going to prevent gens from popping, so I may as well get value from mowing them down as fast as possible!

    I have thought about that I have not done that because there are still some good apples out there. Does it block your friends as well?

  • @chargernick85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2650594#Comment_2650594

    I have thought about that I have not done that because there are still some good apples out there. Does it block your friends as well?

    No.

  • I like to keep in mind that, if you put people on a bell curve of how polite or rude they are, the bottom 10% are asshats. So one out of ten random strangers are probably in that bucket. And when you play killer, you go against 4 different people almost every time, so on average it shouldn’t be surprising if you encounter poor behavior every two or three games. It doesn’t even have anything to do with DbD, it’s just a certain share of people act badly.

    And that’s kind of what I seem to experience. Of the PC players who I can see chat from after a match, I think I get a poor sport every three of those matches. I also periodically get friendlier than normal survivors too that they and I share a compliment about our gameplay or whatever. So it goes both ways.

  • When I saw the title of this thread I was expecting something totally different. I was expecting to see "I run zero slow down perks and I always 4k". Which would have lead me to believe it was a bias survivor main faking a topic to stir up commotion. I'm glad this was a realistic topic despite that those survivors were douche bags. This is why I stopped caring about their fun and their opinions. No matter how you play they will always complain.

  • @Iliketoplaykiller said:

    Yet I still get bm'd and teabagged on SWF weekends, gotta love the community.

    tbh teabagging isnt that deep people are just having fun when they do it just shake your head at them when you down them and treat it like a fun back and forth


  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2650576#Comment_2650576

    I sort of passed on through that a while back.

    At first I tried to be nice, went easy from the start - and got mocked and gloated at.

    Then I got nasty and started playing ultra-sweaty.

    Finally, I realized the trick. Hit them hard and as sweatily as you can right from the start. Obtain a solid lead and complete control of the game. Then, if you feel like it, ease up in a way that's obvious to everyone.

    These are basically the only games I never get BMed in.

    The sad thing is, this is correct and I more or less stumbled onto the same solution. The only way to get survivors to consistently be good sports and be nice to you is to beat the snot out of them and then very obviously mercy them. Then it's all item offerings and pointing at hooks and friendly behavior in the endgame chat. But if you ease up and let them win through weaker perks or intentional mistakes, they think they did it themselves and it's because the killer sucked, and you'll get mocked for what was probably the kinder choice of the two. This isn't really even a conceit thing, it's that nobody ever expects that the other side is doing something for their benefit, so unless you're extremely blatant about it, it makes more sense that you just screwed up and made a bad decision.

    You won't get recognized just for playing fair; if you don't blatantly go out of your way to be nice to people, they'll ignore you at best and trash talk you at worst. You have to prove that you can kick their asses and then abruptly stop doing it. (And if you're nice to people from the start, people get mad because they wanted to play the game - which is fair. But I've still had a few survivors complain that I didn't kill them and turned friendly after 2-hooking everyone, which only furthers my belief that you can't possibly please everyone and should therefore do what you want, as long as 'what you want' isn't deliberately ruining other people's experiences. Strategies are valid unless you're doing them to grief.)

  • @Zachcjjj said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/295802/i-run-0-slowdown

    tbh teabagging isnt that deep people are just having fun when they do it just shake your head at them when you down them and treat it like a fun back and forth

    No.

    It's a taunt, a gloat. It's disrespect being shown to someone after you beat them.

    I understand the occasional bit of QQ from a sore loser, but a bad winner...that I can't tolerate.

  • @chargernick85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2650594#Comment_2650594

    I have thought about that I have not done that because there are still some good apples out there. Does it block your friends as well?

    Nope, not at all.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2650943#Comment_2650943

    No.

    It's a taunt, a gloat. It's disrespect being shown to someone after you beat them.

    I understand the occasional bit of QQ from a sore loser, but a bad winner...that I can't tolerate.

    no like it really isnt that deep sure sometimes its meant to be disrespectful but dude its a video game character going up and down why tf would you let that hurt your feelings

  • @Zachcjjj said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2651011#Comment_2651011

    no like it really isnt that deep sure sometimes its meant to be disrespectful but dude its a video game character going up and down why tf would you let that hurt your feelings

    It's not a matter of 'let'.

    For the most part, I have a rhino hide when it comes to online banter.

    However, stuff does build up. It may be that I have a background in sports and some martial arts, but after the match - you shake hands or you bow. If someone was to refuse to do this and instead spat in their opponent's face or flipped them the bird, especially after they just won, they'd probably be removed from their team or at least take a serious fine/penalty.

    It just gets to me after a while.

  • @Zachcjjj said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2651011#Comment_2651011

    no like it really isnt that deep sure sometimes its meant to be disrespectful but dude its a video game character going up and down why tf would you let that hurt your feelings

    It's not the action that matters, it's the intent. Saying 'it's just a video game character going up and down' is like saying someone flipping you off is just flexing their hand or someone telling you you suck and to go ######### yourself is just making noises with their mouth hole. They're doing it to be rude. It's language with an accepted meaning as a taunt. That's why it's irritating.

  • @Zachcjjj said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2651011#Comment_2651011

    no like it really isnt that deep sure sometimes its meant to be disrespectful but dude its a video game character going up and down why tf would you let that hurt your feelings

    You're right.but it really bothers me, too. Because they are intending it to mock me. And I find that insulting. So it irritates me. But you are right. It is just a video game character going up and down.