When you 4k one too many times

4x Prove Thyself, Dead Hard, Iron Will, Borrowed Time, each with matching clan tags, a Commodious, BNP and Wire Spool, as well as Badham offerings should be enough penance for your sins. Because making the jump from sub 1k hour players to over 4k hour players makes perfect logical sense, right?

Comments

  • The Entity is not one for forgiveness, my friend.

    It gave you the rightful punishment for your sins.

  • @GeneralV said:

    The Entity is not one for forgiveness, my friend.

    It gave you the rightful punishment for your sins.

    every time mmr decides that i deserve to face these people as killers im learning (yes my level 32 demo will be perfectly suited for this task) it's just one more reason for me to quit, uninstall, and never look back

  • How DARE you win. Gotta remedy that asap.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2648646#Comment_2648646

    every time mmr decides that i deserve to face these people as killers im learning (yes my level 32 demo will be perfectly suited for this task) it's just one more reason for me to quit, uninstall, and never look back

    Good luck, I re-installed 3x this week :(

  • last time i uninstalled i only reinstalled because i was begged by a friend

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2648646#Comment_2648646

    every time mmr decides that i deserve to face these people as killers im learning (yes my level 32 demo will be perfectly suited for this task) it's just one more reason for me to quit, uninstall, and never look back

    Wanting to leave the Fog is a feeling which I know far too well, my friend.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    4x Prove Thyself, Dead Hard, Iron Will, Borrowed Time, each with matching clan tags, a Commodious, BNP and Wire Spool, as well as Badham offerings should be enough penance for your sins. Because making the jump from sub 1k hour players to over 4k hour players makes perfect logical sense, right?

    The second I see matching clantags or themed names, I know it's dodgy dodge time.

    Win or lose, these games are such a sweatfest that I never have fun.

    What really scares me are the 4man SWFs that you don't realize are a 4man SWF - until you see a bazillion further hooks offerings on Haddonfield/Badham/RPD offerings and 3x Brand New Parts.

    Woof.

  • I bet you had a lot of fun.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    I bet you had a lot of fun.

    I'm gonna be honest I saw the names (I don't check names pre-trial, I'm tabbed out doing something else), checked offerings and saw 4 Badham ones, then ate a 5 minute penalty. More enjoyable than that trial would've been.

  • I just had a pretty decisive 4k with Oni, and i'm scared to queue up again.

  • But I bet you didn't complain about the prior matches where you 4k'd...

  • @Grandpa_Crack_Pipe said:

    I just had a pretty decisive 4k with Oni, and i'm scared to queue up again.

    the wrath of whatever Karu described shall descend upon you

  • @JakeswildSnake said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/295649/when-you-4k-one-too-many-times

    AFK as killer for 10 matches straight and you're good to go.

    thing is though this will probably just lead to potato games, which are still not fun, but at least not stressful

  • @FeelsBadMan said:

    But I bet you didn't complain about the prior matches where you 4k'd...

    i did because they were boring as #########..? mmr when im playing someone new takes me from sub 20 hour players to 5k hour players with no inbetween, its a curbstomp for either side and it's really unfun lmfao

  • Stop 4k’ing. Give hatch. You won’t get penalized for being a good killer.

  • @Ghouled_Mojo said:

    Stop 4k’ing. Give hatch. You won’t get penalized for being a good killer.

    So it'd count as a 3k instead because that makes a world of difference. Doesn't change the fact that MMR is fundamentally and objective a garbage system which isn't suited for, nor does it work for, DBD.

  • @FeelsBadMan said:

    But I bet you didn't complain about the prior matches where you 4k'd...

    One odd result of the SBMM system is that, at least at my MMR, everyone seems to be conscious of 'managing' their MMRs.

    I'll generally try to give the last person the hatch, or sometimes even 2 people the gates (if they've been fun). I've had them decline and a hilarious stand-off ensures, with me trying to physically carry them out and them running back into the map to die to the collapse.

    Sure enough in postgame: 'Thanks, but I'm trying to shed some MMR'.

    Then...then you get the smurfs. Entire 3-4man groups AFKing, or suiciding on their first hooks. People with thousands of hours.

    It's an improvement over ranks for sure, but it has it's ideosyncracies.

    @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2648696#Comment_2648696

    i did because they were boring as #########..? mmr when im playing someone new takes me from sub 20 hour players to 5k hour players with no inbetween, its a curbstomp for either side and it's really unfun lmfao

    I'm still trying to figure out what's going on with some of my matchups. I'm 50% sure it's due to lobby dodges. I'll get a crazy hard match, a crazy easy match and then a match with one scarily good survivor that plays far above my level and 3 potatoes in an SWF together.

  • If you win you are a winner if you lose you become A GOD. LOL.

  • @Leatherface1990 said:

    If you win you are a winner if you lose you become A GOD. LOL.

    I have already transcended to King of the Cows, what more could I need?

    Untitled Image


  • 4 Prove Thyself's is a waste of perk slots

    You only need 2 really

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2648734#Comment_2648734

    So it'd count as a 3k instead because that makes a world of difference. Doesn't change the fact that MMR is fundamentally and objective a garbage system which isn't suited for, nor does it work for, DBD.

    It’s been stated that hatch escapes toss the match out for calculating

  • I am the average 2k enjoyer but I also equip lightborn

  • @Ghouled_Mojo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2648738#Comment_2648738

    It’s been stated that hatch escapes toss the match out for calculating

    No, that's not what was said. hatch escapes toss out that one survivor's calculation from the algorithm, however the other 3 survivors are still counted. Feel free to read more here

  • @Brokenbones said:

    4 Prove Thyself's is a waste of perk slots

    You only need 2 really

    That's great! Doesn't change the fact that's what I dealt with

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/295649/when-you-4k-one-too-many-times

    The second I see matching clantags or themed names, I know it's dodgy dodge time.

    Win or lose, these games are such a sweatfest that I never have fun.

    What really scares me are the 4man SWFs that you don't realize are a 4man SWF - until you see a bazillion further hooks offerings on Haddonfield/Badham/RPD offerings and 3x Brand New Parts.

    Woof.

    Same if I see 2-3 flashlights or toolboxes I dodge. I see a grouping of all Dwights I dodge.....if it's a Team of all Ace........I will get my best sweatiest killer and make sure anyone who uses Ace dies a slow and painful death on the hook............DEATH TO ALL ACES SHALL THIER SMUG FACES BURN HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2648755#Comment_2648755

    That's great! Doesn't change the fact that's what I dealt with

    I guess they all just really really wanted to max out their objective score

    Still, ouch. Gen murderers.

    You hate to see it

  • @VikingDragonXii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2648663#Comment_2648663

    Same if I see 2-3 flashlights or toolboxes I dodge. I see a grouping of all Dwights I dodge.....if it's a Team of all Ace........I will get my best sweatiest killer and make sure anyone who uses Ace dies a slow and painful death on the hook............DEATH TO ALL ACES SHALL THIER SMUG FACES BURN HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!

    um

    did an ace hurt you by any chance

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2648762#Comment_2648762

    No, that's not what was said. hatch escapes toss out that one survivor's calculation from the algorithm, however the other 3 survivors are still counted. Feel free to read more here

    Yeah sorry I don’t really care that much. Cheers to you though!

  • No I just have a strange hatred for him......everything about him I just hate....its not I hate the design it's a actual deep hatred .....its his smile look he has on his face.

  • I feel like they're messing with MMR/SBMM behind the scenes

    Faced a killer with like 100 hours today, despite the fact I wasn't on a losing streak or anything like that so either nobody was playing killer at my level or something's seriously wrong with it. I know it lowers the threshhold due to que times but it wasn't a long wait either.

    This system is such a mess

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    4x Prove Thyself, Dead Hard, Iron Will, Borrowed Time, each with matching clan tags, a Commodious, BNP and Wire Spool, as well as Badham offerings should be enough penance for your sins. Because making the jump from sub 1k hour players to over 4k hour players makes perfect logical sense, right?

    Nothing stopped you from just dodging the lobby when you saw 4 clan tags.

  • @SunsetSherbet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/295649/when-you-4k-one-too-many-times

    Nothing stopped you from just dodging the lobby when you saw 4 clan tags.

    Damn it's almost like I explained later in a comment that I'm tabbed out when loading into a game because I have better things to do than watch someone not ready up for 60 seconds :0

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2648836#Comment_2648836

    Damn it's almost like I explained later in a comment that I'm tabbed out when loading into a game because I have better things to do than watch someone not ready up for 60 seconds :0

    But if you're in the lobby you saw their name. If your issue is you alt tab out from the second you hit search for match and then do not pay attention until the game begins blasting sounds of you being in a match, then that's sort of a you problem you could handle by not alt tabbing for 10+ minutes

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/295649/when-you-4k-one-too-many-times

    But I thought killer didnt feel bad. And that maps and perks and gen speeds were fine 🤷

    1) The majority of the time it's fine. Obviously I exclude facing these squads when I talk about it because, Bar 2 weeks at the start of MMR, I'd been free.

    2) I also never talked about maps, perks, or gen speeds being fine. Check my comment history. You're making ######### up and it's highkey kinda tragic.

    @SunsetSherbet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2648839#Comment_2648839

    But if you're in the lobby you saw their name. If your issue is you alt tab out from the second you hit search for match and then do not pay attention until the game begins blasting sounds of you being in a match, then that's sort of a you problem you could handle by not alt tabbing for 10+ minutes

    Oh I fully admit it's a me problem but I cannot bring myself to be bothered to sit there staring at nothing when I could get back to watching my show. I play video games for entertainment, not to sit there staring at Demo yell every 20 seconds.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2648848#Comment_2648848

    I never said you said those things were fine. But you said killer feels fine, and it does not. Now try to keep winning. And consistently face these sort of teams. It's not fun. Nor does it make killer feel fine

    To play devil's advocate for a second

    Not every match at 'high mmr' (idk how else to put it, forgive me) is gonna be a 4 man swf with all bnps, meta perks, map offerings and so on

    Typically it's a mix of some of these things, I would assume. Like maybe you'll have one guy bring a BNP and some other brings a coldwind offering and so on and so forth.

    I don't know if it's completely fair to judge killer as a whole by these kinds of matches when the odds are stacked against the killer from the start.

  • @VikingDragonXii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2648663#Comment_2648663

    Same if I see 2-3 flashlights or toolboxes I dodge. I see a grouping of all Dwights I dodge.....if it's a Team of all Ace........I will get my best sweatiest killer and make sure anyone who uses Ace dies a slow and painful death on the hook............DEATH TO ALL ACES SHALL THIER SMUG FACES BURN HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!

    Flashlights I honestly welcome, unless I'm playing Wraith.

    Aside from the occasional 'wut' stun, most of the time people end up giving me free hits and chases with the things. The only time they really get on my grapes is when you get the flicky flicky macro types - for a company that bills itself as 'inclusive' they certainly don't have much regard for us photosensitive types, and that strobing...welcome to my 'now you die' list.

    Toolboxes? Yeah, that's scary. I'll usually throw on Franklin's+Hoarder and let shenanigans commence. Sometimes it's a PTS comp and I lose 4 gens before my first hook, but there's no real helping that.

    What frustrates me though is people who switch to addons just before the timer goes red, meaning I can't counter it. Honestly, changing items should Unready the killer.

  • I love MMR for the simple fact that people who said the game is fine and that they get 4k's in 99.9% of their games are now seeing the real balance of the game.

    This isn't specifically directed at the op and just in general.

  • @Zozzy said:

    I love MMR for the simple fact that people who said the game is fine and that they get 4k's in 99.9% of their games are now seeing the real balance of the game.

    This isn't specifically directed at the op and just in general.

    It's certainly meant a lot less smurfs stomping on my face, I will say that.

    I saw quite a few a few months ago, so either I've risen past 'that' MMR bracket now, or more likely they've realized it's more trouble than it's worth.

    I'm still leery when I see TTVs though. Bad memories...

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    4x Prove Thyself, Dead Hard, Iron Will, Borrowed Time, each with matching clan tags, a Commodious, BNP and Wire Spool, as well as Badham offerings should be enough penance for your sins. Because making the jump from sub 1k hour players to over 4k hour players makes perfect logical sense, right?

    Now you feel my pain with Mmr,

    FEEL MY SUFFERING, OF SBMM - Skill-less Based Matchmaking,

    All they do is Hold W and pre-drop with Zero skill involved,

  • Would have been an easy game for me as I would have just tunneled the first one and without DS, well... They wouldn't get very far.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2648778#Comment_2648778

    Flashlights I honestly welcome, unless I'm playing Wraith.

    Aside from the occasional 'wut' stun, most of the time people end up giving me free hits and chases with the things. The only time they really get on my grapes is when you get the flicky flicky macro types - for a company that bills itself as 'inclusive' they certainly don't have much regard for us photosensitive types, and that strobing...welcome to my 'now you die' list.

    Toolboxes? Yeah, that's scary. I'll usually throw on Franklin's+Hoarder and let shenanigans commence. Sometimes it's a PTS comp and I lose 4 gens before my first hook, but there's no real helping that.

    What frustrates me though is people who switch to addons just before the timer goes red, meaning I can't counter it. Honestly, changing items should Unready the killer.

    With me it's when I dont have Lightborn I pass 2 or more flashlights.....and i dont have Franklin's atm

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2648848#Comment_2648848

    I never said you said those things were fine. But you said killer feels fine, and it does not. Now try to keep winning. And consistently face these sort of teams. It's not fun. Nor does it make killer feel fine

    Will do I'll just play someone im good at instead of a level 39 demogorgon.

  • @Zozzy said:

    I love MMR for the simple fact that people who said the game is fine and that they get 4k's in 99.9% of their games are now seeing the real balance of the game.

    This isn't specifically directed at the op and just in general.

    I still believe the game is mostly fine at all levels except high. Low level is very killer sided, then it becomes slightly survivor sided, then it catapults itself to space.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2648646#Comment_2648646

    every time mmr decides that i deserve to face these people as killers im learning (yes my level 32 demo will be perfectly suited for this task) it's just one more reason for me to quit, uninstall, and never look back

    But what would we do without you? :(


    Beside MMR is so bad for the game, q surprise it didnt die yet

  • Unfortunately my friend the entity loves torturing all it's subjects, including the killers lol

  • can't win em all man, also why is there an ace hater here, he's my main ;'(

  • @dallasmedicbag said:

    can't win em all man, also why is there an ace hater here, he's my main ;'(

    I'm just annoyed at the jump on a character I never play 😭

  • @ObscurityDragon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2648648#Comment_2648648

    But what would we do without you? :(

    Beside MMR is so bad for the game, q surprise it didnt die yet

    Idk miss out on cow pictures

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2648908#Comment_2648908

    It's certainly meant a lot less smurfs stomping on my face, I will say that.

    I saw quite a few a few months ago, so either I've risen past 'that' MMR bracket now, or more likely they've realized it's more trouble than it's worth.

    I'm still leery when I see TTVs though. Bad memories...

    My experience with ttv's is usually not that the ttv player is all that amazing, it's the swf they brought with them that do ANYTHING to protect them and nearly always has a multiple k hour player with a troll the killer perk build.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2648646#Comment_2648646

    every time mmr decides that i deserve to face these people as killers im learning (yes my level 32 demo will be perfectly suited for this task) it's just one more reason for me to quit, uninstall, and never look back

    13,500 posts. maybe play more and post less then you'll be able to handle it. learn from it.

‹ 1 2