Well I guess we giving thanks but there isn't really a rubric for it so I guess here goes nothing
Thank you Mandytalk for the things you do to keep the forum going
(and also EQWashu for all the please keep things civil posts your hardwork is also appreciated)
To any of the other mods sorry I forgot your names or at least "forgot them" (I don't want to misspell names while thanking people) but I still appreciate what you all do for the forums
I appreciate all of the mods and the massive headache they must have to endure every other day given how controversies and drama are becoming more and more common as of late. I can't imagine how stressful it can be at times. It might not seem like a big deal on paper but I'm sure it adds up.
Thank you! I hope you are all giving time to yourselves
Yay. Even though I might have lashed out here and there it was never personally against Mandy (or any mod here). I think they are really handling these sort of threads respectfully and great.
This thread is cringe worthy and sounds like sucking up to authority. Call me a homophobe or whatever. I do not agree with a lot of the calls Mandy makes on these forums. She has forever earned my ire.
Damn that's why I used a single picture and then said "end of thread" because I don't agree with everything ever done :0
I love Behaviour taking this direction, representation is important.
But one thing still worry me. "We are doing this in a non stereotypical way".
I dont know how to understand this sentence. If the representation is just a story I think its not enough. The character should have something visually.
Im not here to share my personal story but I am a feminine guy and I want to see a male character with feminine aspects. We already have female characters with masculine aspects in the game (Huntress, Nea, Yui, Elodie). In many movies, video games, we always see gay guy being masculine and people see feminine guys as stereotype and its not true its just a reality.
I really dont like the word "stereotype" because it means everything and nothing at the same time. Trying to avoid stereotypes can make stereotypes because you try to avoid a look for a character, and by saying "he is gay but not a stereotype, he looks masculine" it really hurts people like me. Being seen as stereotypes but we are just ourselfs.
Being LGBT is not only something about sexuality and gender. Its a whole culture and I hope the new character will came with queer aspects. Like non common appareance.
PS : sorry im not english I hope you can understand what I mean 🙏
Dont try to avoid stereotypes, just make a good character that people can relate to and do not takes some away because of the "stereotype" thing.
PS 2 : I know this thread is not for a debate but I dont know where I can share my feelings about that 😢
PS 3 : I know Behaviour will do their best. I trust them because they support of a looot of dbd LGBT streamers. They cant please everyone including myself. But I just wanted to share what I think about the whole thing.
🙌🙌🙌 go Behaviour, and thanks to all the devs, seeing you all trying so hard to make the representation as best as possible makes me so excited and grateful
I already have representation in the game because I am a serial killer lol.
On a serious note, I know that many people feel like they like to represented and I think that is great, more media should do this. We may be different in ways, but we are the same underneath and everybody should be treated equal.
If you do not agree with this, then please respect other people. This is not a killer v survivor thread. This is people's lives in real life. Some people struggle for years to come to term with they way they are, which also causes other issues. Then they have to live with knowing that there will always be someone who does not agree, and will voice that loud and clear. Please don't let this forum be that place.
I am a male, but play the game with whichever character I want to, some people are not like that and want a character to play to represent them. These people should be allowed that chance without criticism or judgement. Everybody should be treated equal, if you can't do that, then just don't comment.
I don't have a problem with representation so long as it fits what it's going into. If it causes confilt with already established canon or requires something to be retconed, then I feel it was just forced into place to say "There, you got one. Pay me money"
Welcome to the Official Dead by Daylight forums! Before you start posting, please take a moment to read through these guidelines.
Some things to keep in mind:
Be respectful to other members
Racism or discrimination in any form is not tolerated
Please do not encourage negative behavior (e.g. encouraging DCs and griefing, etc.)
Please do not make light of serious issues (e.g. “This is cancer/aids”)
We have a profanity filter on the forums. Please don’t attempt to bypass it
If your post may reflect negatively on another person or people, please censor their name(s)
Try to keep your topic as clear and constructive as possible and post in the proper subforum
Please keep your posts on topic
If you'd like to discuss something else, feel free to make a new thread
Please use the reporting system responsibly
Avoid commenting that you have reported someone
Please avoid posting the following:
Things that do not contribute to the discussion (e.g. baits, etc.)
Any inappropriate/offensive content: malware/phishing sites, porn, leaked content, copyrighted content
Advertisements outside of the appropriate sections (e.g. Twitch streams go in Media Lounge)
Controversial topics (e.g. Politics, religion)
Bumping threads
About a specific person’s ban
If you need to appeal a game ban, please create a ticket here
Any premeditated attacks on any of our platforms
Any form of trade posts will be removed
Permanent bans will be issued without warning for the following:
Threats, even as a joke
Attempting to bypass a previous ban
The use of alt accounts in any capacity
Posting another user’s personal information
Linking to, advertising, or distributing cheats or exploits
Openly admitting to cheating
Name change
If you want to change your name, please check this link and read through it before requesting a name change.
LEGAL
We may use, redistribute or disclose your submissions without any restriction, for commercial or other purposes, without any compensation, credit or further obligation to you or any third party. Further, your submissions will be deemed non-confidential and non-proprietary.
so, the "please avoid posting about the following"?
thanks.
I missed that.
Well generally yeah. You will get a warning for stuff under that category.
but depending of the severeness of a forum violation, they might be jumping a step on the escalation system or the mods have a blind eye if it is clear the forum user didn’t know any better and it wasn’t out of malice and a very small thing etc.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Well I guess we giving thanks but there isn't really a rubric for it so I guess here goes nothing
Thank you Mandytalk for the things you do to keep the forum going
(and also EQWashu for all the please keep things civil posts your hardwork is also appreciated)
To any of the other mods sorry I forgot your names or at least "forgot them" (I don't want to misspell names while thanking people) but I still appreciate what you all do for the forums
Well said MandyTalk. Somebody needed to speak up against this society.
I appreciate all of the mods and the massive headache they must have to endure every other day given how controversies and drama are becoming more and more common as of late. I can't imagine how stressful it can be at times. It might not seem like a big deal on paper but I'm sure it adds up.
Thank you! I hope you are all giving time to yourselves
Yay. Even though I might have lashed out here and there it was never personally against Mandy (or any mod here). I think they are really handling these sort of threads respectfully and great.
Have some Eichhörnchen
Edit: also babys
*muffled screeching from a distant jail cell*
Quit clowning around and get out of there.
👍️
Yes, thank you for banning people with opinions you didn't like, thank all of you mods for that.
(The Mr.Gimms scene plays)
I feel for you Amigo
Tbh i dont see the problem of representation if it helps people connect to games. Anyone who does probably should reevaluate their lives.
Back on topic. Thank you for standing up for those.
I like Mandy, but forgive me if I have zero faith in BHVR right now and their ability to make any morally-responsible decisions.
Damn that's why I used a single picture and then said "end of thread" because I don't agree with everything ever done :0
Oh sure
But when I go off on someone it's "Toxic"
I love Behaviour taking this direction, representation is important.
But one thing still worry me. "We are doing this in a non stereotypical way".
I dont know how to understand this sentence. If the representation is just a story I think its not enough. The character should have something visually.
Im not here to share my personal story but I am a feminine guy and I want to see a male character with feminine aspects. We already have female characters with masculine aspects in the game (Huntress, Nea, Yui, Elodie). In many movies, video games, we always see gay guy being masculine and people see feminine guys as stereotype and its not true its just a reality.
I really dont like the word "stereotype" because it means everything and nothing at the same time. Trying to avoid stereotypes can make stereotypes because you try to avoid a look for a character, and by saying "he is gay but not a stereotype, he looks masculine" it really hurts people like me. Being seen as stereotypes but we are just ourselfs.
Being LGBT is not only something about sexuality and gender. Its a whole culture and I hope the new character will came with queer aspects. Like non common appareance.
PS : sorry im not english I hope you can understand what I mean 🙏
Dont try to avoid stereotypes, just make a good character that people can relate to and do not takes some away because of the "stereotype" thing.
PS 2 : I know this thread is not for a debate but I dont know where I can share my feelings about that 😢
PS 3 : I know Behaviour will do their best. I trust them because they support of a looot of dbd LGBT streamers. They cant please everyone including myself. But I just wanted to share what I think about the whole thing.
🙌🙌🙌 go Behaviour, and thanks to all the devs, seeing you all trying so hard to make the representation as best as possible makes me so excited and grateful
I will be forever graceful for MandyTalk as they have been the only one here I've seen basically giving a rat's arse about our console issues.
If others from the devs do but just are more silent here i thank them too, should they exist.
Anyone who laughs at my jokes is all right by me.
She's all right.
I already have representation in the game because I am a serial killer lol.
On a serious note, I know that many people feel like they like to represented and I think that is great, more media should do this. We may be different in ways, but we are the same underneath and everybody should be treated equal.
If you do not agree with this, then please respect other people. This is not a killer v survivor thread. This is people's lives in real life. Some people struggle for years to come to term with they way they are, which also causes other issues. Then they have to live with knowing that there will always be someone who does not agree, and will voice that loud and clear. Please don't let this forum be that place.
I am a male, but play the game with whichever character I want to, some people are not like that and want a character to play to represent them. These people should be allowed that chance without criticism or judgement. Everybody should be treated equal, if you can't do that, then just don't comment.
utterly based.
I don't have a problem with representation so long as it fits what it's going into. If it causes confilt with already established canon or requires something to be retconed, then I feel it was just forced into place to say "There, you got one. Pay me money"
Probably the best mod on here. Been very good to me with my archive paths and with other things so I'm happy to see this thread 👍
what's with the cage icon?
Cage is a one week restriction after the second warn. You can read up on it here
so, the "please avoid posting about the following"?
thanks.
I missed that.
Well generally yeah. You will get a warning for stuff under that category.
but depending of the severeness of a forum violation, they might be jumping a step on the escalation system or the mods have a blind eye if it is clear the forum user didn’t know any better and it wasn’t out of malice and a very small thing etc.
ummmm thank you for this thread. I'm kinda embarrassed now though - I don't do well with praise!
But the sentiment to this thread is very much appreciated. <3
Congrats to everyone from the mod team. As a side note, also props to whoever Works at the technical problem section of the forum, really helpful.
Khaine is an absolute star with tech stuff, he's helped me for years - my go to guy when I need help with anything technical related.
👍️
"EXTREMELY TOXIC" We can't form opinions of our own.
I am in the same boat, minus the "moral" part
BHVR aren't capable of making responsible decisions of any kind atm
Context definitely matters.