Could you just give away the Stranger Things Content?

Would you guys mind just giving away the Stranger Things content? I don't have enough money and time to get these things. I've only gotten the Jonathan skin and sweaters because of I and that's it. I don't wanna miss out on this stuff but I don't want to have to. If you guys have the ability to then please do it. Or maybe on the last day or something I don't know. I'm forced to just sit here and watch it all go away and can't ever get it again.

Tagged: BHVR

Comments

  • @Myla said:

    Lmao this is the most bizarre post I have ever seen. I thought this dude was talking about getting the DLC it self and turns out he spent all his money on cosmetics.... Yeah you don't get anything free lol

    Well I can't buy the DLC twice. I bought that a long time ago.

  • @Rey_512 said:

    Dude, it’s like $10. If you can’t afford that, it frankly isn’t BHVR’s problem.

    Besides, it’s a LICENSED chapter which means they aren’t allowed to give it out for free unless specifically allowed by Netflix per their agreement (spoiler alert, they won’t).

    And it's not even $10 right now, it's $5 because of the sale until they leave.

  • @TunnelVision said:

    What a weird way to look at things. 'I don't have money, give me free.'

    That's not how the world works i'm afraid.

    That's why I asked. I didn't demand it.

  • @Clowning said:

    I'll buy you the chapter on Steam, if you can go two months without complaining or making any threads about Nemesis.

    I have the chapter. And I'm on PS5.

  • I laughed pretty hard at this with my coffee in hand. Thank you.

    $10 is not a lot and if it means that much to you, to the point of making a thread asking for a giveaway, you will buy it like everyone else. Otherwise accept you will never have it and move on. There won't be a giveaway.

  • @Lycidas said:

    "I want this"

    "Well ok, it's on sale, you can buy it at 50% right now"

    "I don't have the money, give it to me for free"

    "..why would I do that?"

    "Because I want it but I don't have the money to pay for it"

    "Sir, this is not a charity"

    I mean..the fact that YOU want it but YOU don't have the money for it sounds like a "you" problem, given that it is completely optional content

    I never said it wasn't a me problem. But I can ask right? Right? I mean it's better to as than just sit there and wonder what would happen if I didn't. It's like a party. It's better to go and not have fun than have this awful feeling just sitting there wondering if you would've had fun if you did go.

  • @katoptris said:

    Tell Santa to buy it for you

    Santa doesn't roll around until the 25th next month.

  • @ChurchofPig said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2629008#Comment_2629008

    And it's not even $10 right now, it's $5 because of the sale until they leave.

    It's still $10 I HAVE to spend on 1. $5 is only 500 cells and they 600. Still basically $10 that I have to spend.

  • @Volcz said:

    I laughed pretty hard at this with my coffee in hand. Thank you.

    $10 is not a lot and if it means that much to you, to the point of making a thread asking for a giveaway, you will buy it like everyone else. Otherwise accept you will never have it and move on. There won't be a giveaway.

    Around $10 for each skin is around $120. That sure seems like a lot.

  • I'm sorry you can't afford all of the cosmetics you want, but that's life.

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2630319#Comment_2630319

    It's still $10 I HAVE to spend on 1. $5 is only 500 cells and they 600. Still basically $10 that I have to spend.

    I don't understand why you're talking about auric cells when you can just buy the dlc for actually less than $5. I'm not sure what platform you're on, but if you're on steam you can put $5 directly on your account and use that. If you're spending more than $5 on a dlc that's $4.79 and they don't charge tax, you're doing something wrong. Especially since you can put a minimum of $5 on your account.

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2630122#Comment_2630122

    I never said it wasn't a me problem. But I can ask right? Right? I mean it's better to as than just sit there and wonder what would happen if I didn't. It's like a party. It's better to go and not have fun than have this awful feeling just sitting there wondering if you would've had fun if you did go.

    Is asking fine? Yes

    Demanding like it sounds you did in the post? No


    Maybe you worded it slightly wrong, maybe I misunderstood the tone, but that's the impression I got from reading it

    Anyway, BHVR answered, so no poin in arguing about it further, right? :)

  • Do you hear yourself??

    I want it so give it to me free.

    I want a new Jeep.. I know other people can afford them, but I can't and I really want the 2021 version which is going away so Jeep should just send me one for free.

    I can afford ground beef, but I really want ribeye steak and that guy just bought the second to last one so I should get the last one for free!

    Seriously??

    The entitlement in your post is astounding. I don't care if you collect DLCs and that is your passion. If it is something you really enjoy doing - then do it according to your financial means. Sometimes we do not get what we want in life... get used to it. It has been widely known that these DLCs were going away for months - if it was TRULY that important you would have bought them since you state you have bought soo many other DLCs. Sometimes in life we cannot afford the shiny things we want - that is reality.

  • I really hate losing out on retired items. I felt the impulse to grab everything too. But that wasn't realistic for my budget, and ultimately I only play one of these three characters often - I don't have 100% cosmetic completion on my mains, so what actual use would I see of the pretty expensive wardrobe on characters I rarely touch? But in the future, maybe I really would, once they become cool footnotes in the annals of DBD history. So I got maybe $30 worth of auric cells, and I managed to get lucky and get a free code on the forums for a Nancy outfit as well. I ended up with two outfits for her, two for Steve, and one and a half for Demo. It was a compromise between what I wanted and what I'd realistically use. And sometimes that's just life; you can't get everything that you want, so you have to decide what matters most to you.

    And if what matters most is 100% completionism, the thing is... if a tight budget is an issue? You had advance warning this was happening. Several months to work out how you'd fit in getting these cosmetics, several months where you could have pulled that $120 from other leisure purchases. You didn't, and now you're a week away from the deadline and don't have that option anymore.

    I don't even know where to start on why BHVR giving everyone the Stranger Things content for free is unviable. They'd lose an unbelievable amount of money in royalties to Netflix and it would be a slap in the face to everyone who participated in their 3-month going-away sale.

  • im pretty sure they did.

  • @Jasix said:

    Do you hear yourself??

    I want it so give it to me free.

    I want a new Jeep.. I know other people can afford them, but I can't and I really want the 2021 version which is going away so Jeep should just send me one for free.

    I can afford ground beef, but I really want ribeye steak and that guy just bought the second to last one so I should get the last one for free!

    Seriously??

    The entitlement in your post is astounding. I don't care if you collect DLCs and that is your passion. If it is something you really enjoy doing - then do it according to your financial means. Sometimes we do not get what we want in life... get used to it. It has been widely known that these DLCs were going away for months - if it was TRULY that important you would have bought them since you state you have bought soo many other DLCs. Sometimes in life we cannot afford the shiny things we want - that is reality.

    I don't get why you people keep twisting my post into something it's not. You're basically just mocking someone for asking. Stop being a numb skull and look at the post and stop skimming through them if that's what you're doing.

  • I mean, the announcement ST leaving is already launched since august 2021.

    So where the hell have you been this all time?

    It's been 3 months since the announcement and u can't afford to at least--- saving your money??

  • @eric_alrasid17 said:

    I mean, the announcement ST leaving is already launched since august 2021.

    So where the hell have you been this all time?

    It's been 3 months since the announcement and u can't afford to at least--- saving your money??

    I had other things I needed to buy first. Games that also mean a lot and have more value and even some cosmetics that I told myself I had to get day 1 so I saved money for those specific things. And it isn't easy. With the amount I spent on other things I'd STILL have some things missing making it feel pointless. The main things I did buy in case I can't get it all is Jonathan because he is a different character and the sweaters since I had cells left over.

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2630122#Comment_2630122

    I never said it wasn't a me problem. But I can ask right? Right? I mean it's better to as than just sit there and wonder what would happen if I didn't. It's like a party. It's better to go and not have fun than have this awful feeling just sitting there wondering if you would've had fun if you did go.

    Again, it’s LICENSED content. It’s not even up to BHVR so asking is pointless.

  • @YOURFRIEND said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2630049#Comment_2630049

    My favorite part was how 80% of those were immediately swept up by bots and resold. I sat around for a few hours trying to snag one and just gave up.

    It was a nice thought, though.

    Yeah giveaways where you have to “get in line” are always BS but whatever.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Hopefully i can help someone with that...

    Heres a code for the Stranger Things DLC on steam : 038TF-KVIVG-XH4BM

    you... i.. i didn't expect it to work...

  • yes.. to be honest i didn't expect it to work, but i thank you very much.

    i only have nemesis and hag. i even gave away a skin for demo, as i didn't had it to someone who really want it, so i guess karma(?)

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2636218#Comment_2636218

    That's great! Glad it could go to someone who could use more characters.

    Ah unlucky about the skin, but you could always get his prestige outfit rewards.

    Happy hunting in the fog <3

    Very much appreciated ^^ i already got all the characters i have on 50 (these are yui are the only one unlocked) and killer are only nemesis, my main, hag i got mainly for her perks xD and now demo again, thank you very much ^^

  • Licensed Chapter


    Basically No

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2630705#Comment_2630705

    I don't get why you people keep twisting my post into something it's not. You're basically just mocking someone for asking. Stop being a numb skull and look at the post and stop skimming through them if that's what you're doing.

    Oh I read your post - twice actually; because I was shocked at the level of self-entitlement you exhibited.

    veruca.png


  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    I don't think the license holders would be very happy with their content being given away for free.

    Yup and think about the guys who paid it … imagine BHVR pay back players

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2629008#Comment_2629008

    $10 + $10 + $10 + $10 + $10 + $10 + $10 + $10 + $10 + $10 + $10 + $10 = $120

    I do not have the money to spend on that. Same with a lot of people out there. $10 is a lot.

    More like 70$-80$ with the sale going on (49.99 cell pack and 19.99 pack) and it might be less considering I was counting all of the outfits (some you might have)

  • @TheDarkTyrant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2629018#Comment_2629018

    Yeah, I payed for it to. I spent plenty of money already. And I still need to spend $120 to get the rest of it. So far I've spent $12 on the chapter $15 on Jonathan and $5 on the sweaters. $32 on just Stranger Things. I feel like that's a lot. At least for me. I can't just go spend an extra $120.

    you don’t need every cosmetic and no they’re not gonna give it away for free I paid for the dlc so do I get my money back if they do? Go get a job bum

  • This thread gave me a good laugh. Also, thank you, I would have totally forgotten to buy the cosmetics I wanted before tomorrow.

    I bought that one outfit for Nancy with the horrible hair that looks like they loosely draped a curly wig on top of her head. I laugh every time I see it and bought it for the memes. I'm pretty happy right now.

  • I'm going to close this thread, I think that the comments are getting repeated now.

1 2 ›