Dead by Daylight is the worst asymmetrical game in existence

There are so many things wrong with the game. So many. Apart from the lore and stories the game provides us with which are good, especially the art and designs of the game, it's the entire gameplay and its mechanic features and even BHVR that make the game so frustrating to play in and make it difficult to have faith in. Hence why I'm gonna list them down. TDLR at the bottom if you don't want to read an essay paragraph.


  • Lack of competition: BHVR has no competition with their game, they got absolutely way too comfortable that they just add stuff we don't even want like the SBMM and Boon Totems, unnecessary nerfs and buffs and changes, removing things we liked (Pinhead's voice lines). But it isn't just that, it's how they handle the game. It just feels like they're killing it and just making the game to benefit only the Survivors side (no this is not a Killer rant, it's a game rant) and leaves the Killer side to have frustrating gameplay trying to get 4Ks. Not to mention about some recent collaborations, when we heard that they're getting a collaboration with the medieval game For Honor, I liked it. But we all know what happened, For Honor got some game mode and new skins which is kinda good, and no need to give hate to them. But it's what they give us in DbD, just a helmet charm. They barely communicate with the community's feedback on what to do to make the game better and what should and is supposed to be fixed or added. Not to mention they also work with NFTs and I doubt anyone here needs any explanation on what NFTs are. Another thing before I move on is how they treat the hacker problem in the game ever since SBMM dropped like it's nothing, they don't give a damn about the many reports and sightings of so many hackers ruining the game. Either they don't want to lose money or they don't want to get called out for not handling the situation sooner. When they release new Killers, it's either a copy-pasted power but different, and the moment the PTB is done they nerf the Killer. However, I think there are some devs of DbD that want to make the game fun and better for everyone but are forced to do stuff that their higher-ups want them to do so they can get more money.


  • Unfair gameplay: I played both Survivor and Killer and have been part of moments that shouldn't have been unfair. Take, for instance, parts of the game you shouldn't have been hit, you leave a Gen just in time for the skillcheck to pop up and it blows the Gen, you were almost finishing a Gen or cleansing the hex totem or opening the gates until the Killer downed or grabbed you when it was 99% (Excuse that rant of unlucky moments). As for Killer, I'd think there's even way more unless I missed some parts about the Survivor unfair parts. You're about to hit the Survivor but for some reason, you miss when it should've hit or because of the damn validation, you get pallet stunned when you were just an inch away and that also includes when you avoid Head On stuns but get stunned anyway. There're some exploits that both Survivor and Killer use in their advantages, like Claivorance allowing you to literally push both Survivors and Killers off ledges. Then there are the many loops, some are good, yes but I feel there is a lot of loops that just feel like going forever and ever (infinite loops) and Haddonfield is known for being just that. The RPD map is as we all agree is a map that's so visually good but is so easy to get lost in. Not to mention it has both Survivor and Killer-sided parts that so many players use those parts to their advantage. In Chapter 18 with The Twins, we were promised to have fun with the new Killer and Survivor and their new Perks. Instead, we get a buggy game and a chapter that was half-finished, tarnishing The Twin's reputation and making that chapter one of the worst chapters in DbD alongside the Leatherface and Nightmare On Elm Street chapters.


  • I would include false promises but now I realized including both chapter 10 and 18 as them isn't a good idea. So...I don't know what else is there about false promises in this game


  • The Community: Every video I watched and almost every game I played had those guys in the game. The ones who just don't wanna do the objective but find the Killer and bully the hell out of them until they rage quit and so they can go trash-talking at them, saying stuff like GG EZ etc. But when it doesn't go according to their plan, they're the ones who get angry and throw a fit, calling the Killer bad or baby and complaining about their game style and the perks they use because they don't want to accept they got beaten. But the others are the ones who just constantly rage and when they lose or don't get their way, they'll throw massive tantrums to the point they either want the player to kill themselves, calling them slurs and such or maybe to point they resort to cheating. However, I do not condone everyone in the community as there are people that are chill and just want to play to have fun, like Otz and various YouTubers and streamers who just want to have fun and give their fans a game to enjoy watching. Another majority I forgot about is the diehard fans who just completely ignore the game's problems and when they see someone ranting or hating the game they go on a tirade at that person and explain why DbD is the best game ever created and that person is just completely wrong. And no, I am not forgetting about the Killers as well, they'll also try to do the same thing as what I've explained in the top to anger the Survivors and use any toxic strategy imaginable, then trash-talking at the Survivors. Then it brings us to the next topic...


  • Dead by Daylight brings out the worst in us: I'm one of those people in the game who do get so angry and rage at the game, one point in a Haddonfield game as Wraith I lost and I screamed so loud that my brother could hear me outside the house. Whenever I lost, the angrier I'd get, and sometimes I'd think about resorting to cheating, trash talk me all you want. It's that easy how this game can just bring out the worst in us, even Otz punched the camera on one match. It's actually why I made the decision to quit the game overall because it's not bringing any fun to me anymore, it's just making me angry at every turn.


There are so many things wrong with the game I could add more into this post but I'm not entirely sure what else. I think I've pretty much ranted all I can about this game. But anyway

TLDR: The game has devs who do a bad job in the game they make it harder less for Survivors but more for Killers, the game has so many unfair features and mechanics on both sides, they made promises but either broke them or it didn't turn out the way it was told to be, the community is completely toxic, and best of all this entire game brings out the worst in us.

In conclusion: This is not the best asymmetrical game ever made, it's an unbalanced flawed game with a dev team that doesn't do a pretty good job handling the game and it is not a game you should recommend to new players. Can't wait for VHS to come out and overthrow DbD's throne. Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

Comments

  • Someone hasn’t played evolve before

  • And your commenting on the forums of the game you say is the worst asymmetrical horror game of all time? Why are you even here then? Leave if you hate this game

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Someone hasn’t played evolve before

    That game had a lot of problems but at least i miss it. If dbd got shutoff tomorrow i might be relieved.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2609861#Comment_2609861

    That game had a lot of problems but at least i miss it. If dbd got shutoff tomorrow i might be relieved.

    Oh yeah I 100% miss evolve too but I’d be stupid to say it was better than this

  • Here’s what I heard blah blah blah devs bad survivors bad killers are victims overhyped game will dethrone dbd which will not and will die in 2 weeks.

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    And your commenting on the forums of the game you say is the worst asymmetrical horror game of all time? Why are you even here then? Leave if you hate this game

    just want people to know at least. And I'm just gonna ghost around the game, still watch people play it and watch how the game goes from now on

  • If you get that angry at a video game, maybe you should stop playing it. I've always believed that the moment you stop having fun, is the moment you should stop playing

  • I initially wasn't going to respond here but I absolutely have to highlight one of these points because oh my god-- a chapter release being really buggy is not a "false promise", it's just a chapter release being really buggy, that is by far the most stretched I've ever seen the definition of 'false promise' be for this community, and I've seen some doozies.

    The misunderstanding of the Legion trailer is more along the lines of what I expected, I understand how people got there even if it's extremely uncharitable to call it a false promise, but the Twins chapter release? Bro.

  • @jesterkind said:

    I initially wasn't going to respond here but I absolutely have to highlight one of these points because oh my god-- a chapter release being really buggy is not a "false promise", it's just a chapter release being really buggy, that is by far the most stretched I've ever seen the definition of 'false promise' be for this community, and I've seen some doozies.

    The misunderstanding of the Legion trailer is more along the lines of what I expected, I understand how people got there even if it's extremely uncharitable to call it a false promise, but the Twins chapter release? Bro.

    okay maybe I should have at least put that one in the unfair mechanics section

  • @Taluca said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2609867#Comment_2609867

    just want people to know at least. And I'm just gonna ghost around the game, still watch people play it and watch how the game goes from now on

    Know what? Your opinion? Thanks for sharing then, but I stopped to read when I saw you were insulting people. Yes, your first paragraph of your "essay". It doesn't matter what you think of the developpers' job, if you're right or wrong, you don't have to come and insult people in a public place.

    @Chilli_man2400 said:

    Here’s what I heard blah blah blah devs bad survivors bad killers are victims overhyped game will dethrone dbd which will not and will die in 2 weeks.

    We have, once again, a thread which is "Survivors vs. Killers: who is the most favored? We know it's X side because I struggle playing Y side!"

  • Yes that is why it's thrived for 5 and nearing 6 whole years.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2609861#Comment_2609861

    That game had a lot of problems but at least i miss it. If dbd got shutoff tomorrow i might be relieved.

    Evolve didn't last long enough for you to grow a disdain for it.

  • @PanicSquid said:

    If you get that angry at a video game, maybe you should stop playing it. I've always believed that the moment you stop having fun, is the moment you should stop playing

    That's what I just did lol

  • Worst asymmetrical game.

    Has no competition.

    Hmmm...

  • @Taluca said:

    There are so many things wrong with the game. So many. Apart from the lore and stories the game provides us with which are good, especially the art and designs of the game, it's the entire gameplay and its mechanic features and even BHVR that make the game so frustrating to play in and make it difficult to have faith in. Hence why I'm gonna list them down. TDLR at the bottom if you don't want to read an essay paragraph.

    • Incompetent devs: BHVR has no competition with their game, they got absolutely way too comfortable that they just add stuff we don't even want like the SBMM and Boon Totems, unnecessary nerfs and buffs and changes, removing things we liked (Pinhead's voice lines). But it isn't just that, it's how they handle the game. It just feels like they're killing it and just making the game to benefit only the Survivors side (no this is not a Killer rant, it's a game rant) and leaves the Killer side to have frustrating gameplay trying to get 4Ks. Not to mention about some recent collaborations, when we heard that they're getting a collaboration with the medieval game For Honor, I liked it. But we all know what happened, For Honor got some game mode and new skins which is kinda good, and no need to give hate to them. But it's what they give us in DbD, just a helmet charm. They barely communicate with the community's feedback on what to do to make the game better and what should and is supposed to be fixed or added. Not to mention they also work with NFTs and I doubt anyone here needs any explanation on what NFTs are. Another thing before I move on is how they treat the hacker problem in the game ever since SBMM dropped like it's nothing, they don't give a damn about the many reports and sightings of so many hackers ruining the game. Either they don't want to lose money or they don't want to get called out for not handling the situation sooner. When they release new Killers, it's either a copy-pasted power but different, and the moment the PTB is done they nerf the Killer. However, I think there are some devs of DbD that want to make the game fun and better for everyone but are forced to do stuff that their higher-ups want them to do so they can get more money.
    • Unfair gameplay: I played both Survivor and Killer and have been part of moments that shouldn't have been unfair. Take, for instance, parts of the game you shouldn't have been hit, you leave a Gen just in time for the skillcheck to pop up and it blows the Gen, you were almost finishing a Gen or cleansing the hex totem or opening the gates until the Killer downed or grabbed you when it was 99% (Excuse that rant of unlucky moments). As for Killer, I'd think there's even way more unless I missed some parts about the Survivor unfair parts. You're about to hit the Survivor but for some reason, you miss when it should've hit or because of the damn validation, you get pallet stunned when you were just an inch away and that also includes when you avoid Head On stuns but get stunned anyway. There're some exploits that both Survivor and Killer use in their advantages, like Claivorance allowing you to literally push both Survivors and Killers off ledges. Then there are the many loops, some are good, yes but I feel there is a lot of loops that just feel like going forever and ever (infinite loops) and Haddonfield is known for being just that. The RPD map is as we all agree is a map that's so visually good but is so easy to get lost in. Not to mention it has both Survivor and Killer-sided parts that so many players use those parts to their advantage.
    • False promises: Let's take a look at the things from past things. Chapter 10 was revealed to have a new map alongside anarchist teenagers going by The Legion, in which they have told us were going to be Killers that'll disguise themselves and trick Survivors into thinking they're a Survivor. Instead, we got a Killer who just runs fast and stabs people. In Chapter 18 with The Twins, we were promised to have fun with the new Killer and Survivor and their new Perks. Instead, we get a buggy game and a chapter that was half-finished, tarnishing The Twin's reputation and making that chapter one of the worst chapters in DbD alongside the Leatherface and Nightmare On Elm Street chapters. I may have missed a few but I bet there are more things that BHVR promised us in the game only to either have that promise not come true or turn out not as it was promised to be.
    • The Community: Every video I watched and almost every game I played had those guys in the game. The ones who just don't wanna do the objective but find the Killer and bully the hell out of them until they rage quit and so they can go trash-talking at them, saying stuff like GG EZ etc. But when it doesn't go according to their plan, they're the ones who get angry and throw a fit, calling the Killer bad or baby and complaining about their game style and the perks they use because they don't want to accept they got beaten. But the others are the ones who just constantly rage and when they lose or don't get their way, they'll throw massive tantrums to the point they either want the player to kill themselves, calling them slurs and such or maybe to point they resort to cheating. However, I do not condone everyone in the community as there are people that are chill and just want to play to have fun, like Otz and various YouTubers and streamers who just want to have fun and give their fans a game to enjoy watching. Another majority I forgot about is the diehard fans who just completely ignore the game's problems and when they see someone ranting or hating the game they go on a tirade at that person and explain why DbD is the best game ever created and that person is just completely wrong. And no, I am not forgetting about the Killers as well, they'll also try to do the same thing as what I've explained in the top to anger the Survivors and use any toxic strategy imaginable, then trash-talking at the Survivors. Then it brings us to the next topic...
    • Dead by Daylight brings out the worst in us: I'm one of those people in the game who do get so angry and rage at the game, one point in a Haddonfield game as Wraith I lost and I screamed so loud that my brother could hear me outside the house. Whenever I lost, the angrier I'd get, and sometimes I'd think about resorting to cheating, trash talk me all you want. It's that easy how this game can just bring out the worst in us, even Otz punched the camera on one match. It's actually why I made the decision to quit the game overall because it's not bringing any fun to me anymore, it's just making me angry at every turn.

    There are so many things wrong with the game I could add more into this post but I'm not entirely sure what else. I think I've pretty much ranted all I can about this game. But anyway

    TLDR: The game has devs who do a bad job in the game they make it harder less for Survivors but more for Killers, the game has so many unfair features and mechanics on both sides, they made promises but either broke them or it didn't turn out the way it was told to be, the community is completely toxic, and best of all this entire game brings out the worst in us.

    In conclusion: This is not the best asymmetrical game ever made, it's an unbalanced flawed game with a dev team that doesn't do a pretty good job handling the game and it is not a game you should recommend to new players. Can't wait for VHS to come out and overthrow DbD's throne. Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

    Online gaming brings out the worst in people. Not just DbD. These people weren't mentally mature and emotionally stable to begin with. No self respecting mature adult will rage and act like a baby over a video game.

  • It does have its faults but this is still a great game.

  • @themoobs1984 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/292037/dead-by-daylight-is-the-worst-asymmetrical-game-in-existence

    Online gaming brings out the worst in people. Not just DbD. These people weren't mentally mature and emotionally stable to begin with. No self respecting mature adult will rage and act like a baby over a video game.

    An issue with entertainment media in general, unfortunately.

    Look at any fanbase community of a popular band, movie franchise, novel series, etc. There's always gonna be quite a lot of jerkass weirdos.

  • @Mr_K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2609868#Comment_2609868

    Evolve didn't last long enough for you to grow a disdain for it.

    That and the fact I had to watch it die twice made it all the more tragic.

  • Well...it is not the best anymore, but it certainly isn't the worst either. Otherwise, the game would have competition.

  • At this point I'm not even gonna list the fanbase of the game as a problem, the fact people react so strongly about it is definitely a positive. You think that there would be post after post after post about the game if it really was the worst? It do show people are invested in it.

    The game's main problem is I don't trust the studio in charge of the game anymore. I don't believe that the current team, from the higher ups to the people actually putting the work in the game, know where to take the game. 5 years is a very long time for a multiplayer-only title and there's so much you can do before the recipe gets stale. And I don't believe what's being done right now is the right thing to do.

    The game got away with a lot, with all of the rushed chapter releases which all take over 3 patches of content to fix and get in working order. But this can't continue. Things must be shaken up from the core and have a framework done to allow easy changes to the game so that stuff stop breaking all the time whenever you look at the code. I'd welcome such a thing even if it means a sequel is in order.

  • Its a complicated genre imo, it takes a lot of effort from developers to make them balanced and there will be always complains. I have played a lot of this games and for me the list goes like this:

    1) evolve

    2) DBD

    3) predator hunting grounds

    4) friday 13th

    i would recommend avoiding any illfonic game now or in the future.

  • Ever heard of evolve?

  • @jesterkind said:

    I initially wasn't going to respond here but I absolutely have to highlight one of these points because oh my god-- a chapter release being really buggy is not a "false promise", it's just a chapter release being really buggy, that is by far the most stretched I've ever seen the definition of 'false promise' be for this community, and I've seen some doozies.

    The misunderstanding of the Legion trailer is more along the lines of what I expected, I understand how people got there even if it's extremely uncharitable to call it a false promise, but the Twins chapter release? Bro.

    I expected them to cite Console Optimization.

  • It isn't the worst but the other big games in the genre I would say are 100% better. REsistance, F13, Predator. They all have more meaningful content than DBD. Like NEW MODES!!!!

  • its probaply the best out of the very limited amount of options we have.


    please note that "the best" does not automattically have to mean "good" - just that its better than its competitors.

  • I actually think you make some valid points.

    Personally I am not a Dead By Daylight "mark" who is going to reply to your topic with a snarky one word/sentence.

    DBD is frustrating and highly flawed in many areas.

    I hope VHS and Evil Dead give us some worthy alternative in regards to an online horror experience.

  • @Taluca said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2609867#Comment_2609867

    just want people to know at least. And I'm just gonna ghost around the game, still watch people play it and watch how the game goes from now on

    For a game you think is the worst of its genre you seem strangely invested in everything that happens to it.

  • I'd argue that currently, due to the numbers of games that have put their hat into the asymmetrical ring and failed to become a strong competitor, that DBD is the best asymmetrical game currently. Games such as Last Year, F13 and similar have all tried to challenge, and yet whether because of poor gameplay, legal issues, bad interractions or whatever, DBD still has not lost its crown. The lack of competition is probably exactly why DBD is the best one out there.

    Can't argue with the many annoyances that plague players, such as bugs. All games have them, and it's relatively important to look back on all the fixes they have done to show they're not the incompetent team some like to define them as. And really the bugs haven't detracted me from the overall product.

    I can't agree that it brings out the worst in us, for the simple reason that people have a choice as to how they react to situations. Pretty much everyone who has played this has had at least one moment where they've felt screwed, and yet there is a wide difference in how people react. The crappy minority choose to act as bullies or throw abuse around, but many others either see it as just a game, take a break, laugh it off or whatever. The game isn't to blame for those who lack emotional maturity and choose to be dicks - that's to do with their lot in life, not a video game.

    I do agree something needs to be done about glorifying bad sportsmanship. I tend to only watch YouTubers who play with a more mellowed and relaxed outlook like HybridPanda, Otz or Ohmwrecker. I don't understand the appeal of people shouting and getting loud and abusive in such fake, exaggerated ways, because they realise people who watch them don't watch them for quality, but controversy. It's like some reality tv: full of supposedly edgy or controversial characters or boring gossip, but with little depth or anything remotely important.

    Basically, it's got more going for it than you think, but I see where you are coming from and there are some good points. But for sheer lack of decent competition, it cannot be called the worst asymmetrical game. It does need competition though.

  • @Taluca said:

    There are so many things wrong with the game. So many. Apart from the lore and stories the game provides us with which are good, especially the art and designs of the game, it's the entire gameplay and its mechanic features and even BHVR that make the game so frustrating to play in and make it difficult to have faith in. Hence why I'm gonna list them down. TDLR at the bottom if you don't want to read an essay paragraph.

    • Incompetent devs: BHVR has no competition with their game, they got absolutely way too comfortable that they just add stuff we don't even want like the SBMM and Boon Totems, unnecessary nerfs and buffs and changes, removing things we liked (Pinhead's voice lines). But it isn't just that, it's how they handle the game. It just feels like they're killing it and just making the game to benefit only the Survivors side (no this is not a Killer rant, it's a game rant) and leaves the Killer side to have frustrating gameplay trying to get 4Ks. Not to mention about some recent collaborations, when we heard that they're getting a collaboration with the medieval game For Honor, I liked it. But we all know what happened, For Honor got some game mode and new skins which is kinda good, and no need to give hate to them. But it's what they give us in DbD, just a helmet charm. They barely communicate with the community's feedback on what to do to make the game better and what should and is supposed to be fixed or added. Not to mention they also work with NFTs and I doubt anyone here needs any explanation on what NFTs are. Another thing before I move on is how they treat the hacker problem in the game ever since SBMM dropped like it's nothing, they don't give a damn about the many reports and sightings of so many hackers ruining the game. Either they don't want to lose money or they don't want to get called out for not handling the situation sooner. When they release new Killers, it's either a copy-pasted power but different, and the moment the PTB is done they nerf the Killer. However, I think there are some devs of DbD that want to make the game fun and better for everyone but are forced to do stuff that their higher-ups want them to do so they can get more money.
    • Unfair gameplay: I played both Survivor and Killer and have been part of moments that shouldn't have been unfair. Take, for instance, parts of the game you shouldn't have been hit, you leave a Gen just in time for the skillcheck to pop up and it blows the Gen, you were almost finishing a Gen or cleansing the hex totem or opening the gates until the Killer downed or grabbed you when it was 99% (Excuse that rant of unlucky moments). As for Killer, I'd think there's even way more unless I missed some parts about the Survivor unfair parts. You're about to hit the Survivor but for some reason, you miss when it should've hit or because of the damn validation, you get pallet stunned when you were just an inch away and that also includes when you avoid Head On stuns but get stunned anyway. There're some exploits that both Survivor and Killer use in their advantages, like Claivorance allowing you to literally push both Survivors and Killers off ledges. Then there are the many loops, some are good, yes but I feel there is a lot of loops that just feel like going forever and ever (infinite loops) and Haddonfield is known for being just that. The RPD map is as we all agree is a map that's so visually good but is so easy to get lost in. Not to mention it has both Survivor and Killer-sided parts that so many players use those parts to their advantage.
    • False promises: Let's take a look at the things from past things. Chapter 10 was revealed to have a new map alongside anarchist teenagers going by The Legion, in which they have told us were going to be Killers that'll disguise themselves and trick Survivors into thinking they're a Survivor. Instead, we got a Killer who just runs fast and stabs people. In Chapter 18 with The Twins, we were promised to have fun with the new Killer and Survivor and their new Perks. Instead, we get a buggy game and a chapter that was half-finished, tarnishing The Twin's reputation and making that chapter one of the worst chapters in DbD alongside the Leatherface and Nightmare On Elm Street chapters. I may have missed a few but I bet there are more things that BHVR promised us in the game only to either have that promise not come true or turn out not as it was promised to be.
    • The Community: Every video I watched and almost every game I played had those guys in the game. The ones who just don't wanna do the objective but find the Killer and bully the hell out of them until they rage quit and so they can go trash-talking at them, saying stuff like GG EZ etc. But when it doesn't go according to their plan, they're the ones who get angry and throw a fit, calling the Killer bad or baby and complaining about their game style and the perks they use because they don't want to accept they got beaten. But the others are the ones who just constantly rage and when they lose or don't get their way, they'll throw massive tantrums to the point they either want the player to kill themselves, calling them slurs and such or maybe to point they resort to cheating. However, I do not condone everyone in the community as there are people that are chill and just want to play to have fun, like Otz and various YouTubers and streamers who just want to have fun and give their fans a game to enjoy watching. Another majority I forgot about is the diehard fans who just completely ignore the game's problems and when they see someone ranting or hating the game they go on a tirade at that person and explain why DbD is the best game ever created and that person is just completely wrong. And no, I am not forgetting about the Killers as well, they'll also try to do the same thing as what I've explained in the top to anger the Survivors and use any toxic strategy imaginable, then trash-talking at the Survivors. Then it brings us to the next topic...
    • Dead by Daylight brings out the worst in us: I'm one of those people in the game who do get so angry and rage at the game, one point in a Haddonfield game as Wraith I lost and I screamed so loud that my brother could hear me outside the house. Whenever I lost, the angrier I'd get, and sometimes I'd think about resorting to cheating, trash talk me all you want. It's that easy how this game can just bring out the worst in us, even Otz punched the camera on one match. It's actually why I made the decision to quit the game overall because it's not bringing any fun to me anymore, it's just making me angry at every turn.

    There are so many things wrong with the game I could add more into this post but I'm not entirely sure what else. I think I've pretty much ranted all I can about this game. But anyway

    TLDR: The game has devs who do a bad job in the game they make it harder less for Survivors but more for Killers, the game has so many unfair features and mechanics on both sides, they made promises but either broke them or it didn't turn out the way it was told to be, the community is completely toxic, and best of all this entire game brings out the worst in us.

    In conclusion: This is not the best asymmetrical game ever made, it's an unbalanced flawed game with a dev team that doesn't do a pretty good job handling the game and it is not a game you should recommend to new players. Can't wait for VHS to come out and overthrow DbD's throne. Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

    Talking about broken promises I think this is the biggest:

    @not_Queen said:

    Over the past six months, we have allocated strike teams with the mission of improving the overall health of the game. As announced last December, we have developers working on a new matchmaking algorithm which we are actively testing and are almost ready to deploy. We are also targeting to migrate the game to dedicated servers by the end of summer 2019.

    This blog post is meant to update you on the efforts put on optimization, which aim to enhance the overall game’s performance.

    When we first released Dead by Daylight back in 2016, we targeted 30 FPS on our minimum spec. Up until recently, we optimized the game in bursts; for the console launch and before releasing a new Killer. We are now ready to set a new performance target: Dead by daylight will run at 60 FPS on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and minimum spec PCs.

    Reaching 60 FPS on Dead by Daylight is not an easy task. It is a multifaceted iterative process that started six months ago and will be ongoing for months. Our strike team of programmers dedicated to optimizing the game has their hands deep into the game code. To summarize, optimization improves the frame rate by using less CPU and GPU cycles to update and render the world faster without any apparent loss of quality.

    See below for a high-level view of our optimization roadmap.

    STEP 1: UPDATE TO UNREAL ENGINE 4.20

    Target: Chapter 10 and incremental changes with every engine update (update to 4.21 is planned for chapter 11)

    The engine update was a necessity to move forward with the optimization process.

    All the Unreal engine features below gives us additional tools and means to enhance the performance of the game: the new Apex integration (dynamic mesh simulation), RHI/Render thread split, Epic’s mesh reduction tool & improved animation thread tooling are just a few examples.

    STEP 2: CPU, GPU AND CONTEXTUAL OPTIMIZATIONS

    Target: Chapter 11 and ongoing

    This is the core of the work to improve the performance and the game’s frame rate.
    There are many opportunities for optimization, but here are the three main pillars overarching our efforts:

    CPU optimizations: improving the game’s baseline systems

    This is where the game world is simulated (interactions, character navigation, perks and powers). We will be converting our slowest gameplay blueprints to C++ which should, in specific cases, run ten to two hundred times faster. We are also moving from a tick-based system to an event-based-system. A tick-based system is much more demanding, as it constantly pokes the CPU to know when to trigger an action, while an event-based system can enable an event only when necessary and therefore reduce the stress on the CPU.

    GPU Optimizations: Overall Graphic Optimizations

    The GPU is where the game world is rendered into an image which is then drawn on the screen. The optimization actions listed below mainly affect the game’s visual representation. The objective is to render the world faster without sacrificing quality. We will be updating our anti-aliasing system to TXAA and moving the SSAO to a compute shader, simplify our shadow pass, optimize character outlines, improve LODs, slim render passes, bake more lights, use imposter rendering for specific objects (trees, grass) and more.

    Contextual Optimizations: Performance Spikes for Specific Actions

    We are working on optimizations that pay at any given time when you play (as mentioned above under GPU/CPU) but we also know there are specific actions and/or Killers that will need extra optimization. These are problematic cases where we see major hitches in performance. Here are a few examples: multiple characters moving in close quarters, specific Killer slow down, perks combination, etc.

    STEP 3: UPDATING OUR GUIDELINES AND PROCESSES

    Target: Chapter 12 and ongoing

    While we optimize the existing gameplay and graphic systems, we develop better tools and methods to implement new features. When we have a new process figured out, it is documented and shared with our development team who can then apply these learnings for the creation of new content.

    Our objective is to offer a better performance on all platforms, making the game look smoother and the controls more reactive. Still, doing such majors changes all at once (game engine update and rewriting game code) is bound to briefly disrupt things and require some adaptation time. We hope you understand that this is a transition period and an investment to improve the game.

    Don’t hesitate to share your feedback on our forums or social media if you encounter an issue. Our objective is to keep you updated on our progress in the coming months. The upcoming Dead by Daylight anniversary will be a great timing to give you additional visibility on our progress.

    See you in the fog,
    The Dead by Daylight team

    They announced after years of complaints of poor performance by paying console customers, that they had 'allocated strike teams' and that 'Dead by daylight will run at 60 FPS on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and minimum spec PCs'

    Now 3 years later and the game still doesn't even run stably at 30FPS and now has added randomly freezes when:

    Someone is hooked

    Unhooked

    A gen is completed

    The exits are powered

    Someone anywhere on the map kicks a pumpkin

    When using the majority of killer powers

    Dead Hard

    Lithe despite last patch saying they fixed it

    All sorts of other ones too that are hard too pinpoint the cause because it can be caused by anything from anyone anywhere on the map.

    Plus there is an active thread still being used on this forum that has more posts\views than any thread ever has on here I believe (or its up there) and more than the entire optimisation sib forum.

    On there we are sharing clips, examples and reports of the issues we are facing which the devs are apparently using and encouraging. We are basically free QA that is not actually making any progress to getting things fixed.

    We're putting all this effort into trying to get them to fix just the last few updates atm, let alone the promises they've reneged on over the years.

    It honestly feels like the forum equivalent of screaming into a pillow; kind of like reporting in game or using the 'rate you match' feature, like anyone actually looks at that stuff when whenever theres a problem or hacker - you have to physically send in your own logs because they have no idea what actually happens in game, just kills\escapes and end game chat. Kind of makes their statistics even more worthless to share, let alone balance on!

    Wraiths kill rate is too high so we nerfed him, it doesn't apply to Nurse though, we only use statistics when they match our expectations. Nurse isn't OP is the statistics that are wrong! Wraith IS OP the statistics say so! *eye roll*