List of all the games that I own that run better than dbd on last gen

Horizon zero dawn

Ghost of Tsushima

For honor

Sonic colors

Sonic forces

Risk of rain 2

Read dead redemption 2

Last of us

Last of us 2

Hunt showdown

Fallout 76

God eater 1-3

Star wars battlefront ea 1 and 2

Warhammer vermintide

World war z

Back 4 blood

Genesis alpha one

Orcs must die 3

Mafia 3

Mortal combat 11

Outer worlds

Divinity 2

Resident evil 0-7

Evolve

Warzone

Farcry 4,5, and primal

Tom Clancy Wildlands

Final fantasy 15, and 7 remastered

Paladins

Smite

Doom, doom eternal

Shadow of war

God of war 2018


And finally, the game that actually made me write this whole list because of just how insane it was that this game ran better than dbd.

Dbd, a 5 year old game with the graphics quality of a late PS3 game... Had worse frame rate, more hitching, and more crashes on last gen...


Than cyberpunk 2077

Comments

  • Yeah, the next gen argument apologists got nothing against a list like this

  • @lauraa said:

    Yeah, the next gen argument apologists got nothing against a list like this

    Yep, and I've got 216 games in my library, the only ones that run worse are genshin impact and lichdom battlemage

  • Well for honour is only 30fps on current gen tbh. Dbd is more like 45 to like 10

  • Dbd broke my ps4 pro. I know it's dbd becuz I didn't play any other game on it.

  • I honestly never played a game on ps4 pro that can run badly like dbd.

    And I played A LOOOT!

  • Red Dead Online has a foggy day, my PS4 Pro's fans are silent.

    Dying Light has fog, my PS4 Pro's fans are silent.

    Dead by Daylight has fog, my PS4 sounds like a jet engine.

    The fog in Red Dead Online and Dying Light looks so much better than the fog in DbD, too.

    Battlefront II has forty players pitted against each other on a beautiful map with lots of visual effects and it runs just fine. Dying Light has smoke and fog and rain and flies buzzing around and twenty zombies coming at me in a giant city with me setting off fireworks and lighting crap on fire and it runs just freaking fine. The problem has never been the hardware.

  • when dbd is the only game you play

    poor doctor.PNG

    Crys in doctor

  • Doctor? I thought he was called single digits fps?

    Guess you learn something new every day

  • Apex also runs perfectly, at least when I played it.

  • @PerfectlyPink said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2609852#Comment_2609852

    Doctor? I thought he was called single digits fps?

    Guess you learn something new every day

    :C but i have 80

  • @PerfectlyPink said:

    Horizon zero dawn

    Ghost of Tsushima

    For honor

    Sonic colors

    Sonic forces

    Risk of rain 2

    Read dead redemption 2

    Last of us

    Last of us 2

    Hunt showdown

    Fallout 76

    God eater 1-3

    Star wars battlefront ea 1 and 2

    Warhammer vermintide

    World war z

    Back 4 blood

    Genesis alpha one

    Orcs must die 3

    Mafia 3

    Mortal combat 11

    Outer worlds

    Divinity 2

    Resident evil 0-7

    Evolve

    Warzone

    Farcry 4,5, and primal

    Tom Clancy Wildlands

    Final fantasy 15, and 7 remastered

    Paladins

    Smite

    Doom, doom eternal

    Shadow of war

    God of war 2018

    And finally, the game that actually made me write this whole list because of just how insane it was that this game ran better than dbd.

    Dbd, a 5 year old game with the graphics quality of a late PS3 game... Had worse frame rate, more hitching, and more crashes on last gen...

    Than cyberpunk 2077

    Dont forget that pokemon red runs better than DBD on my gameboy than this game on PC.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    Apex also runs perfectly, at least when I played it.

    Same, other than server issues

  • Look, DBD will play better on last gen once PS6 and XBOX X² come out.

  • How much storage do you have!?

    Though I gotta respect WARHAMMER Vermintide

    I play Warhammer II myself.

  • Oh! Can I make a list too?

  • @Pulsar said:

    Oh! Can I make a list too?

    please

  • @Tr1nity said:

    How much storage do you have!?

    Though I gotta respect WARHAMMER Vermintide

    I play Warhammer II myself.

    2 terrabytes, but also some streamed from psnow.


    Vermintide's the only Warhammer game I've played, though I've seen people play it irl

  • @Pulsar said:

    Oh! Can I make a list too?

    I'd love to see it!

  • I'm a PC player but I also play on PS4 occasionally with some friends and when I load up every other game it's fine but as soon as dbd loads up it sounds like I should take it to an airfield to get my pilot license.

  • @The_Krapper said:

    I'm a PC player but I also play on PS4 occasionally with some friends and when I load up every other game it's fine but as soon as dbd loads up it sounds like I should take it to an airfield to get my pilot license.

    Reminds me of that Tyler's clip

    You know the one

  • Tyler1*

    Stupid auto correct

  • Interesting enough DBD graphics reminds me of that Tomb Raider 2013 Multiplayer, and guess what.... Runs better than DBD 🙄

  • Dead by Daylight is the only game in the 5 years I've had my PS4 that has ever made it overheat and force itself to turn off, its happened about 6 times now.

    Infact once it was so bad that it corrupted my entire PS4 and forced me to factory reset it, thank god for PS Plus's cloud data storage otherwise I would have lost 5 years worth of data because of this game.

  • Dying Light was the one that made me think #########.

    It was released in 2015, looks amazing, is a huge open world, bad zombie AI is still better than Nemesis zombie AI; crafting, levelling up, multiple special weapons, 4 player coop multiplayer, PvP mode where someone plays a special zombie and invades another players game, DLC added a complete seperate mini game in game which is basically what Tiny Tinas Wonderland is now as a seperate release.

    Looks amazing STILL, runs a million times better than DbD; AND was released long before DbD.

    Now in 2021 we have new games to look forward to which when I saw I immediatly thought they would be PS5 only.

    Horizon 2 - PS4

    Battlefield 2042 - PS4 32 players

    Elden Ring - PS4

    Dying Light 2 - PS4

    Saints Row - PS4 (though it looks naff)

    Tiny Tina's which is Bordelands - PS4

    God of War 2 - PS4

    I would be extremely surprised if any of these run half as bad as DbD while also looking many many times better and also having many many more times the content and scale.

    Super depressing to be left in this mess and being told 'just upgrade lol' by idiots on here, meanwhile BHVR keep taking our money for new content and cosmetics while we can barely play the game they don't fix.

  • This is a massive L towards BHVR

  • @DarKStaR350z said:

    Dying Light was the one that made me think #########.

    It was released in 2015, looks amazing, is a huge open world, bad zombie AI is still better than Nemesis zombie AI; crafting, levelling up, multiple special weapons, 4 player coop multiplayer, PvP mode where someone plays a special zombie and invades another players game, DLC added a complete seperate mini game in game which is basically what Tiny Tinas Wonderland is now as a seperate release.

    Looks amazing STILL, runs a million times better than DbD; AND was released long before DbD.

    Now in 2021 we have new games to look forward to which when I saw I immediatly thought they would be PS5 only.

    Horizon 2 - PS4

    Battlefield 2042 - PS4 32 players

    Elden Ring - PS4

    Dying Light 2 - PS4

    Saints Row - PS4 (though it looks naff)

    Tiny Tina's which is Bordelands - PS4

    God of War 2 - PS4

    I would be extremely surprised if any of these run half as bad as DbD while also looking many many times better and also having many many more times the content and scale.

    Super depressing to be left in this mess and being told 'just upgrade lol' by idiots on here, meanwhile BHVR keep taking our money for new content and cosmetics while we can barely play the game they don't fix.

    Even killzone 3, last of us, and other PS3 games looked and ran better than this game.


    Like you said, it truly is just sad at this point

  • Ya Bloodbourne runs smooth as butter on the PS4 LOL

  • List of games that run better on console than dbd

    . Literally all of them

  • @PerfectlyPink said:

    Horizon zero dawn

    Ghost of Tsushima

    For honor

    Sonic colors

    Sonic forces

    Risk of rain 2

    Read dead redemption 2

    Last of us

    Last of us 2

    Hunt showdown

    Fallout 76

    God eater 1-3

    Star wars battlefront ea 1 and 2

    Warhammer vermintide

    World war z

    Back 4 blood

    Genesis alpha one

    Orcs must die 3

    Mafia 3

    Mortal combat 11

    Outer worlds

    Divinity 2

    Resident evil 0-7

    Evolve

    Warzone

    Farcry 4,5, and primal

    Tom Clancy Wildlands

    Final fantasy 15, and 7 remastered

    Paladins

    Smite

    Doom, doom eternal

    Shadow of war

    God of war 2018

    And finally, the game that actually made me write this whole list because of just how insane it was that this game ran better than dbd.

    Dbd, a 5 year old game with the graphics quality of a late PS3 game... Had worse frame rate, more hitching, and more crashes on last gen...

    Than cyberpunk 2077

    I've said it before, old PS4 was not some shabby piece of hardware. On top of all that Back 4 Blood is actually a pretty powerful game system specs wise. Matter of fact, Horizon Zero Dawn is even hard for most PC's to run optimally so much so that it was a heavily used benchmark for a while.

    But for DBD....even though its in Unreal Engine...I'm not sure that they're using it properly because it runs like trash. They've already come out and said they have limits on how many players and AI can even be on a map at one time.....which is crazy considering how low that number actually is for DBD when other games can run 10 times that amount without breaking a sweat.

    I hate to say it dude but I think something is severely wrong at BHVR. ######### just doesn't add up.

  • I used to play DBD on my PS4 Pro but after waiting a whole year for BHVR to fulfill their promise of 60 FPS I had to move on.

    Back 4 Blood beta had like 100 zombies on screen and ran smoother than DBD.

  • @PerfectlyPink said:

    Horizon zero dawn

    Ghost of Tsushima

    For honor

    Sonic colors

    Sonic forces

    Risk of rain 2

    Read dead redemption 2

    Last of us

    Last of us 2

    Hunt showdown

    Fallout 76

    God eater 1-3

    Star wars battlefront ea 1 and 2

    Warhammer vermintide

    World war z

    Back 4 blood

    Genesis alpha one

    Orcs must die 3

    Mafia 3

    Mortal combat 11

    Outer worlds

    Divinity 2

    Resident evil 0-7

    Evolve

    Warzone

    Farcry 4,5, and primal

    Tom Clancy Wildlands

    Final fantasy 15, and 7 remastered

    Paladins

    Smite

    Doom, doom eternal

    Shadow of war

    God of war 2018

    And finally, the game that actually made me write this whole list because of just how insane it was that this game ran better than dbd.

    Dbd, a 5 year old game with the graphics quality of a late PS3 game... Had worse frame rate, more hitching, and more crashes on last gen...

    Than cyberpunk 2077

    Wait, wait, wait. I still am waiting to pick up Ghost of Tsushima, but does it really perform better than DbD, whatever the console generation is? Man, this IS a big issue.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    Red Dead Online has a foggy day, my PS4 Pro's fans are silent.

    Dying Light has fog, my PS4 Pro's fans are silent.

    Dead by Daylight has fog, my PS4 sounds like a jet engine.

    The fog in Red Dead Online and Dying Light looks so much better than the fog in DbD, too.

    Battlefront II has forty players pitted against each other on a beautiful map with lots of visual effects and it runs just fine. Dying Light has smoke and fog and rain and flies buzzing around and twenty zombies coming at me in a giant city with me setting off fireworks and lighting crap on fire and it runs just freaking fine. The problem has never been the hardware.

    To be completely honest, my PS4 started flying like a presidential airplane even when I had to simply press X to get to the main menu (on DbD, obv).

  • Optimization costs money, and noone wants NFTs so no optimization for you.

  • games I have that run better are and haven't been mentioned.

    • Battlefield 4 and V,
    • Fallout 4,
    • No Mans Sky,
    • Stellaris,
    • Warframe,
    • War Thunder,
    • Black Ops III,
    • Planet Side 2 (which is 100 v 100 v 100 games mind.),
    • Titanfall 2.
  • @Damarus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/292032/list-of-all-the-games-that-i-own-that-run-better-than-dbd-on-last-gen

    Wait, wait, wait. I still am waiting to pick up Ghost of Tsushima, but does it really perform better than DbD, whatever the console generation is? Man, this IS a big issue.

    Tsushima has literally 0 FPS drops on my PS4 Pro. Never had a single performance issue on it. But god forbid if a survivor uses Dead Hard, that's like stabing the console in the gut.

  • Dude, I have a high end PC that can run The Witcher 3 on MAX SETTINGS with average 45 fps.

    Guess wich game my PC runs on ULTRA with A LOT of lags, stuttering and almost can't reach average 30 fps? Yes, it's DBD.

  • halo- master chief collections runs perfectly on my xb1 without any bugs.

  • @Labrac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2611369#Comment_2611369

    Tsushima has literally 0 FPS drops on my PS4 Pro. Never had a single performance issue on it. But god forbid if a survivor uses Dead Hard, that's like stabing the console in the gut.

    I see... Way to go with their "console optimization" plans, then. Guess that, in the end, we're all just wallets to them.