The Bush has withered ---***Update, I'm free***

Hello everyone, Huge Bush here messaging you all from my glorious hospital bed that just refuses to be comfortable for me and let me have one nights good rest. A couple of weeks ago, I can down with what I though was just some cold which morphed a week later to what I can only describe as “almost death”.

It wasn’t pretty. I couldn’t make it out of bed for more than 60 seconds. Going potty was like trying to take the One Ring to the fires of Mordor, only with Nemisis chasing me and Bubba waiting at the mouth of the volcano. It was terrible.

Im finally out of the darkness, but not out of the clear. Turns out I have/had Covid-19 that ravaged my lungs and has given me pneumonia. In order to not suffocate in my sleep, I have to keep oxygen tubing snaking through my nose and make sure these kind medical professionals keep checking on me while I sleep(if this stupid bed would let me, argh!).

Anyways, I know I’m not a big presence on the forums, I was just bored and wondered if some of you can give me the rundown on what went on in the world of my favorite game that I love to hate/hate to love. Was the event just another meh moment? Were the new cosmetics nice? Did Claudette get anything new? Are boom totems as broken as everyone was crying they were going to be? Which killer is on the current survivor nerf target?

Someone post some pics of Dbd memes (I like the one with Steve and bubba in the basement). Cat and cow pics are acceptable too.

*I didn't realize I could edit this, but I'm lazy, tired, weak and want to finish my soup so feel free to scroll to the end of the next page for my update.

Tagged: BHVRDevMod

Comments

  • @Bennett_They1Them said:

    Heal up, you stranger on the internet, you. :)

    I'm glad you're doing better now!

  • Glad everything is going back to normal. Stay safe friend.

  • @Huge_Bush now that really is some great news to start the weekend off with! I'm very glad to hear it. Please look after yourself and come slowly off those meds!

    Thanks to everyone on this thread who's shown care and compassion for a fellow forum user, it's genuinely heart warming to see this community come together over things like this.

    Wish all of you a good weekend, stay safe!

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    I just wanted to give everyone an update on my status. The Bush has been freed! I am currently sitting on my computer typing this and it is so nice not sitting on the rock (hospital bed) that I've been forced to make my home for the last two weeks! The doctor says everything is looking fantastic, I didn't need to take home any extra oxygen, thank god, I wasn't looking forward to lugging a tank around everywhere. I just have to make sure I taper off of my meds properly and take it easy to build up my strength as @xBEATDOWNSx advised me to do earlier!

    While I know this forum is generally filled with negativity and anger, I knew at its core we have lots of good people here in the community. Thank you so much for showing me some compassion when I was at my lowest, physically, spiritually and mentally, it really meant a lot to me even though we are all technically strangers. It just shows everyone can help just be being there.

    Once again, thank you all so much and happy gaming <3

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/GN82WCSHW8H1/bush-mon.jpg

    This is great news, man! Don't be afraid to reach out if you have any questions. I'm always around and have no problem answering what I can!

  • OMG I haven't laughed this hard in a long time! Lord that picture couldn't be more accurate!

    So sorry man that you're going through this. Stay strong! It's a shame that there are still plenty of people out there who don't take covid seriously. Hope to see you back in the fog soon!

  • @xBEATDOWNSx said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2617305#Comment_2617305

    This is great news, man! Don't be afraid to reach out if you have any questions. I'm always around and have no problem answering what I can!

    Thank you so much for being so nice and helpful! I’ll make sure to harass you if I need you. Right now my issue is just having to be careful and taper off of the annoy lung steroid and trying to fix my sleep schedule.

    Well, I’m also getting obsessive on looking up healthy wholesome recipes to cook even though I’ll probably be to lazy to do.

  • @SweetTerror said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2605929#Comment_2605929

    OMG I haven't laughed this hard in a long time! Lord that picture couldn't be more accurate!

    So sorry man that you're going through this. Stay strong! It's a shame that there are still plenty of people out there who don't take covid seriously. Hope to see you back in the fog soon!

    While I don’t want to turn this thread into a topic about Covid, I will say that, while yes, plenty aren’t taking it seriously, I think the problem is for a lot of people, if it’s out of sight, it’s out of mind. You don’t realize how bad it really is unless you or a loved one gets it.

    My own family still don’t realize how bad it was for me and how close to lung failure I was. It doesn’t help that the media has been fear mongering things for years, just for ratings, that when the ######### hits the fan, people don’t take them seriously. Finally, education is really lacking in the “civilized” world and people think with emotion rather than facts (just look at Dbd as an example, many arguments about the game are weak and have no substance, and all based on feelings rather than data).

    I just hope people come out of this alive and society comes out of this stronger and smarter. That or I just win the lottery so I can move away!

  • Very wholesome thread amidst all the spiraling emotions in the boards. Probably my first time bookmarking a thread but here we go!

  • Happy to hear that you getting better, and hope you have fast recovery <3

  • Glad you're better <3

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    I just wanted to give everyone an update on my status. The Bush has been freed! I am currently sitting on my computer typing this and it is so nice not sitting on the rock (hospital bed) that I've been forced to make my home for the last two weeks! The doctor says everything is looking fantastic, I didn't need to take home any extra oxygen, thank god, I wasn't looking forward to lugging a tank around everywhere. I just have to make sure I taper off of my meds properly and take it easy to build up my strength as @xBEATDOWNSx advised me to do earlier!

    While I know this forum is generally filled with negativity and anger, I knew at its core we have lots of good people here in the community. Thank you so much for showing me some compassion when I was at my lowest, physically, spiritually and mentally, it really meant a lot to me even though we are all technically strangers. It just shows everyone can help just be being there.

    Once again, thank you all so much and happy gaming <3

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/GN82WCSHW8H1/bush-mon.jpg

    I'm glad to hear you are doing better! I hope you feel much better soon and take everything slowly! Here's a cute video for you:

    https://youtu.be/fbP_oNUJYgI
  • @Gay Myers (Luzi) said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2617305#Comment_2617305

    I'm glad to hear you are doing better! I hope you feel much better soon and take everything slowly! Here's a cute video for you:

    https://youtu.be/fbP_oNUJYgI

    Thank you so much, I now want to snuggle with the little fur baby! So adorable!

  • What a rollercoaster of emotions! I'm happy you're free and feeling better! Idk about you but hospitals tend to give me anxiety and depression on top of being ill so I'm glad youre out and in the comfort of your own home and bed ❤️

  • @VaJaybles said:

    What a rollercoaster of emotions! I'm happy you're free and feeling better! Idk about you but hospitals tend to give me anxiety and depression on top of being ill so I'm glad youre out and in the comfort of your own home and bed ❤️

    They used to do the same for me but then the opposite happened. I was actually happy having people take care of me for once in my life! After working hard crappy jobs 12-16 hours a day everyday for most of my life, I never really knew what being taken care of felt like. It was a nice change of pace just trying to heal, chatting with the nurses and forgetting about my life's issues, so much so that I didn't want to leave because I didn't want to get back into the stress of life.

    Oh, and I cannot stress this enough, it is so nice sleeping on my own bed. I actually have to buy a new mattress and maybe frame because its old and lumpy, but my goodness, I can sleep a solid 5-6 hours now rather than get up in the hospital every hour. I just hate mattress shopping.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2617919#Comment_2617919

    They used to do the same for me but then the opposite happened. I was actually happy having people take care of me for once in my life! After working hard crappy jobs 12-16 hours a day everyday for most of my life, I never really knew what being taken care of felt like. It was a nice change of pace just trying to heal, chatting with the nurses and forgetting about my life's issues, so much so that I didn't want to leave because I didn't want to get back into the stress of life.

    Oh, and I cannot stress this enough, it is so nice sleeping on my own bed. I actually have to buy a new mattress and maybe frame because its old and lumpy, but my goodness, I can sleep a solid 5-6 hours now rather than get up in the hospital every hour. I just hate mattress shopping.

    Oh God I know that's right, I remember right before covid first burst into the public I had just gotten a management job and became extremely ill but couldn't call off in fear of losing the job so I would wake up down a bunch of DayQuil work 10+hours get home and it was nightquil O'clock, rinse and repeat for weeks.


    As for mattress shopping you're on your own because I loved it. Upgraded to a king and spent about 2 hours just laying on beds, imagining a mountain of pillows to nest in and soft blankets surrounding me in fuzzy warmth 2 hours later it was delivered and set up and I napped so hard

  • @VaJaybles said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2617930#Comment_2617930

    Oh God I know that's right, I remember right before covid first burst into the public I had just gotten a management job and became extremely ill but couldn't call off in fear of losing the job so I would wake up down a bunch of DayQuil work 10+hours get home and it was nightquil O'clock, rinse and repeat for weeks.

    As for mattress shopping you're on your own because I loved it. Upgraded to a king and spent about 2 hours just laying on beds, imagining a mountain of pillows to nest in and soft blankets surrounding me in fuzzy warmth 2 hours later it was delivered and set up and I napped so hard

    That's usually my sick day routines! DayQuil and NyQuil. If you ever get a severe cough, I found that nothing works better than Delsym cough syrup. I've tried everything, and even though it is pricey, (everything is these days), I will spend the 12-15 bucks for the bottle. It has always brought down my constant coughing when sick from once every couple of minutes to a few times every 3-5 hours or less.

    The mattress shopping is going to be annoying because of two reasons. One, I have social anxiety, so laying on mattresses in front of people is going to be a nightmare. Two, it's going to be expensive. I hate spending money and after my ordeal, I have to find a new job/career. Though I have options to hold me over, it's going to be annoying.

  • Crazy to hear that. Me I'm 43 and I only got a small fever from Covid and was fine after 3-4 days. My little sister at 29 yrs was very sick and had to go to hospital. Now over a year later she still has no smell and everything she eats taste awful. She has lost 35 kilos and is super thin now, too thin. Anyway take care!

  • @DBD78 said:

    Crazy to hear that. Me I'm 43 and I only got a small fever from Covid and was fine after 3-4 days. My little sister at 29 yrs was very sick and had to go to hospital. Now over a year later she still has no smell and everything she eats taste awful. She has lost 35 kilos and is super thin now, too thin. Anyway take care!

    Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that about your sister. It just goes to show you that everyone isn't the same and this terrible virus affects people differently. Even though it's over a year, I genuinely wish her well and hope she eventually fully recovers and lives a long happy life.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2617464#Comment_2617464

    Thank you so much for being so nice and helpful! I’ll make sure to harass you if I need you. Right now my issue is just having to be careful and taper off of the annoy lung steroid and trying to fix my sleep schedule.

    Well, I’m also getting obsessive on looking up healthy wholesome recipes to cook even though I’ll probably be to lazy to do.

    Most steroids have pretty strict instructions for tapering (i.e take 4 for the first 2 days followed by 3 then 2 then 1) if I remember correctly take home prescriptions for prednisone has it laid out nicely in pimple packs so you don't even have to think about it.

    Steroids make it sometimes hard to sleep at night so look at having melatonin or even Benadryl!

  • @xBEATDOWNSx said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2617745#Comment_2617745

    Most steroids have pretty strict instructions for tapering (i.e take 4 for the first 2 days followed by 3 then 2 then 1) if I remember correctly take home prescriptions for prednisone has it laid out nicely in pimple packs so you don't even have to think about it.

    Steroids make it sometimes hard to sleep at night so look at having melatonin or even Benadryl!

    Yes, you are correct on making it hard to sleep, it was also causing me to have anxiety. They let me try Xanax once but I didn't want to get prescribed any and I didn't notice it do much in the hospital the one time they gave it to me, so I ended up making sure I purchased melatonin which helps. Currently, they have me on dexamethasone and have given me a prescription of 1 mg tablets in order to make it easier to count how much I take and to easily taper if off. Off of the top of my head, its like, I have to take 6 each day for the next three days and then go down to 4 pills for three days, then 2 for three days and finally 1 pill a day for three days.

    I do have one question I wanted to ask. Do you have any nasal spray suggestions that would help moisturize my nasal passages? The oxygen I was on has kind of messed them up and I'm tired of all the dry blood connected to long gooey strands of mucus (sorry for that image). I've noticed improvement by rinsing with warm water in a hot shower, but I can't do that all the time. I don't want anything for allergies or similar, I know those can make it worse, which leads to using the product more and not really improving the situation. Just something to remove the dryness.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2618025#Comment_2618025

    Yes, you are correct on making it hard to sleep, it was also causing me to have anxiety. They let me try Xanax once but I didn't want to get prescribed any and I didn't notice it do much in the hospital the one time they gave it to me, so I ended up making sure I purchased melatonin which helps. Currently, they have me on dexamethasone and have given me a prescription of 1 mg tablets in order to make it easier to count how much I take and to easily taper if off. Off of the top of my head, its like, I have to take 6 each day for the next three days and then go down to 4 pills for three days, then 2 for three days and finally 1 pill a day for three days.

    I do have one question I wanted to ask. Do you have any nasal spray suggestions that would help moisturize my nasal passages? The oxygen I was on has kind of messed them up and I'm tired of all the dry blood connected to long gooey strands of mucus (sorry for that image). I've noticed improvement by rinsing with warm water in a hot shower, but I can't do that all the time. I don't want anything for allergies or similar, I know those can make it worse, which leads to using the product more and not really improving the situation. Just something to remove the dryness.

    Steroids are no joke man. Some patients get pretty testy while taking them while some can't stop eating and have the hardest time relaxing. Question, did they check your blood sugar while taking the steroids in hospital?

    As far as nasal spray, some people have noted that it can cause gnarly migraines so if you're prone to headaches, be careful. But! Really any nasal spray for dry sinuses/ allergies will help but you could also just get a bowl of hot water and a towel. Just cover your head and place it over the bowl for a few minutes. You'll look silly sure but it helps a ton (also it's free hahaha). If you're ever back as a patient make sure you ask for humified oxygen!

  • @xBEATDOWNSx said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2618039#Comment_2618039

    Steroids are no joke man. Some patients get pretty testy while taking them while some can't stop eating and have the hardest time relaxing. Question, did they check your blood sugar while taking the steroids in hospital?

    As far as nasal spray, some people have noted that it can cause gnarly migraines so if you're prone to headaches, be careful. But! Really any nasal spray for dry sinuses/ allergies will help but you could also just get a bowl of hot water and a towel. Just cover your head and place it over the bowl for a few minutes. You'll look silly sure but it helps a ton (also it's free hahaha). If you're ever back as a patient make sure you ask for humified oxygen!

    Yes, they did my blood work every morning and it always checked out great. The only issue I have is blood pressure but we had it under control and they're going to set me up with a doctor in the future to make sure I bring it down naturally.

    I'll go to walmart later and look at sprays, but I'll probably do as you suggest and use hot water and a towel. Thanks again for all of your advice and help!

  • Hi @Rizzo90, thank you for the well wishes. Now that I am out and got all the good vibes I needed, I'm feeling self conscious with bumping this thread every time someone responds and think it would be better if you would please move it to the Off-topic section if you would so please <3

  • @DBD78 said:

    Crazy to hear that. Me I'm 43 and I only got a small fever from Covid and was fine after 3-4 days. My little sister at 29 yrs was very sick and had to go to hospital. Now over a year later she still has no smell and everything she eats taste awful. She has lost 35 kilos and is super thin now, too thin. Anyway take care!

    I'm so sorry to hear about your sister, that sounds awful. I hope she can get better.

    Covid has been horrible for so many people :(

  • @DBD78 said:

    Crazy to hear that. Me I'm 43 and I only got a small fever from Covid and was fine after 3-4 days. My little sister at 29 yrs was very sick and had to go to hospital. Now over a year later she still has no smell and everything she eats taste awful. She has lost 35 kilos and is super thin now, too thin. Anyway take care!

    I'm 31. Caught covid from a patient and didn't realize I had it till I was painting three days later and couldn't smell it. I lost my sense of smell of taste and it's finally coming back after over a year. One thing a doctor I work with told me was to eat and smell STRONG things to try to restart the senses. So Ive been eating a ton of spicy food. Probably have a stomach ulcer but it has worked. Trading one evil for another hahaha.

    @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2618050#Comment_2618050

    Yes, they did my blood work every morning and it always checked out great. The only issue I have is blood pressure but we had it under control and they're going to set me up with a doctor in the future to make sure I bring it down naturally.

    I'll go to walmart later and look at sprays, but I'll probably do as you suggest and use hot water and a towel. Thanks again for all of your advice and help!

    Blood pressure is a hell of thing to control man. Honestly the hardest thing even in clinical settings. Keep up with your blood pressure meds and make sure you're drinking water. Stay away from caffeine and alcohol the best you can. Don't be afraid to lay down if you feel a headache coming on either!


    But don't thank me, man. I do this 3 days a week because I love what I do and wouldn't trade it for the world. I'm here if you need help, advice, or just someone to talk too. Too often, covid patients get caught up in their head when they get the diagnosis and it's scary. I'm happy you're out of the scary part but recovery is a process and it's different for everyone. Just take it slow and you'll be okay 💜

  • Glad to hear u are better bud

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2617954#Comment_2617954

    That's usually my sick day routines! DayQuil and NyQuil. If you ever get a severe cough, I found that nothing works better than Delsym cough syrup. I've tried everything, and even though it is pricey, (everything is these days), I will spend the 12-15 bucks for the bottle. It has always brought down my constant coughing when sick from once every couple of minutes to a few times every 3-5 hours or less.

    The mattress shopping is going to be annoying because of two reasons. One, I have social anxiety, so laying on mattresses in front of people is going to be a nightmare. Two, it's going to be expensive. I hate spending money and after my ordeal, I have to find a new job/career. Though I have options to hold me over, it's going to be annoying.

    Oh see I got lucky, my husband was with me and he narrowed it down to 3 beds and then I had final say and then we went halfsies with our covid checks. Won't have to buy one in hopefully 10 years.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    I just wanted to give everyone an update on my status. The Bush has been freed! I am currently sitting on my computer typing this and it is so nice not sitting on the rock (hospital bed) that I've been forced to make my home for the last two weeks! The doctor says everything is looking fantastic, I didn't need to take home any extra oxygen, thank god, I wasn't looking forward to lugging a tank around everywhere. I just have to make sure I taper off of my meds properly and take it easy to build up my strength as @xBEATDOWNSx advised me to do earlier!

    While I know this forum is generally filled with negativity and anger, I knew at its core we have lots of good people here in the community. Thank you so much for showing me some compassion when I was at my lowest, physically, spiritually and mentally, it really meant a lot to me even though we are all technically strangers. It just shows everyone can help just be being there.

    Once again, thank you all so much and happy gaming <3

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/GN82WCSHW8H1/bush-mon.jpg

    ACD346BE-8B48-4FEA-BCC2-7E2852C9F610.jpeg

    Wuhuu freedom!!!

    ...no more gettin’ sick now, k!

  • So glad to hear you're better now! Covid is no joke, i hope everyone here and their loved ones take care during these hard times ❤️

  • @Gcarrara said:

    So glad to hear you're better now! Covid is no joke, i hope everyone here and their loved ones take care during these hard times ❤️

    Thank you! I never took it as a joke since I live with someone who has a weakened immune system, but after suffering it's effects, I am taking it even more seriously. Here is to hoping we can get through this whole ordeal sooner than later!

  • Huge_bush: only gives me the impression that you are a Survivor main. But given the situation is above-game I can only hope the best for you, and that the best has happened for you!

    Endure. Survive, and I hope to see you in the fog. For all the boons, and detriments that brings. :)

  • @AnObserver said:

    Huge_bush: only gives me the impression that you are a Survivor main. But given the situation is above-game I can only hope the best for you, and that the best has happened for you!

    Endure. Survive, and I hope to see you in the fog. For all the boons, and detriments that brings. :)

    I am a survivor main, though I once focused on killer for a short stint, it wasn't for me. I don't play games for the stress that the killer role contains, though I appreciate the struggles killer players go through, and understand why they may do things I don't like.

    Thanks for the well wishes <3

1 2 ›