Are they serious!?

So let me get this straight.

Getting hit trough a pallet as survivor is hella annoying. And being exhausted on the ground with dead hard is infuriating, but to solve these problems we just shift the frustration to the killer players. AND keep it in so that killers get the hit, scream, blood AND, to top it of, lets make them go trough the hit animation slowdown so that they can feel even more robbed of a hit/down.

HOW is this ANY better than before!? You are INTENTIONALLY implementing bugs into the game, seriously, What the actual ¤¤¤¤!

Comments

  • They will eventually remove the scream and blood, I believe

  • @Karltastisk said:

    So let me get this straight.

    Getting hit trough a pallet as survivor is hella annoying. And being exhausted on the ground with dead hard is infuriating, but to solve these problems we just shift the frustration to the killer players AND keep it in so that killers get the hit, scream, blood AND, to top it of, lets make them go trough the hit animation slowdown so that they can feel robbed of a hit/down.

    HOW is this ANY better than before!? You are INTENTIONALLY implementing bugs into the game, seriously, What the actual ¤¤¤¤!

    Who cares bruh?

    Can you buy the amount of cosmetics that would compete with 4 survivors who buy cosmetics?

    Lol.

  • The old bug benefited the killer tremendously. Survivors were robbed of a successful dodge for years. At least the new bug is fair. As Clevite said, i'm sure they'll remove the scream eventually.

  • @Clevite said:

    They will eventually remove the scream and blood, I believe

    There is nothing of information or past experiences that make me belive for one second that they would actually care to do anything about these issues. It only affects the minority of their playerbase. Besides, the main problem isn't the scream and the blood, its the actually gameaffecting slowdown that is the problem. The scream and the blood is just an extra slap in the face.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    The old bug benefited the killer tremendously. Survivors were robbed of a successful dodge for years. At least the new bug is fair. As Clevite said, i'm sure they'll remove the scream eventually.

    I am genuinely confused by you, sluzzy. Sometimes your posts are very trolly but other times you make a lot of sense lol. It feels so weird to agree with you but I really can't help it sometimes

  • @Sluzzy said:

    The old bug benefited the killer tremendously. Survivors were robbed of a successful dodge for years. At least the new bug is fair. As Clevite said, i'm sure they'll remove the scream eventually.

    I'm not saying the old bug didn't benefit killers, it did, but simply changing WHERE the problem lays is not fixing anything! And how can you possibly say that it's now fair? Survivors are benefitting from this change tremendously aswell. Its just that the roles are now reversed. With this attitude we just reverse the changes in two years time and keep doing this over and over, because now its "our" time for the benefits.

  • @Karltastisk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2604453#Comment_2604453

    There is nothing of information or past experiences that make me belive for one second that they would actually care to do anything about these issues. It only affects the minority of their playerbase. Besides, the main problem isn't the scream and the blood, its the actually gameaffecting slowdown that is the problem. The scream and the blood is just an extra slap in the face.

    Yeah, I was just pointing out that they did state they would remove the screams during pallet hits, so hopefully same for DH.

    Only thing I can think of is they want to make sure the perk actually works before they decide how to balance it.

    Because being exhausted on the ground is equally frustrating

  • @Fuzzels said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2604465#Comment_2604465

    I am genuinely confused by you, sluzzy. Sometimes your posts are very trolly but other times you make a lot of sense lol. It feels so weird to agree with you but I really can't help it sometimes

    I'm glad you are slowly seeing my point of view :)

  • I'm pretty sure you don't go through the weapon swipe animation.

    Unless it's a bug i haven't seen before.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    I'm pretty sure you don't go through the weapon swipe animation.

    Unless it's a bug i haven't seen before.

    If there's blood and scream from the survivor, there's 100% a weapon hit animation/slowdown. If you can show me clip where there's not, then i would gladly swallow my words.

  • @Karltastisk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2604507#Comment_2604507

    If there's blood and scream from the survivor, there's 100% a weapon hit animation/slowdown. If you can show me clip where there's not, then i would gladly swallow my words.

    It’s a missed attack animation that plays not a successful one but yes you’re correct

  • @Karltastisk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2604507#Comment_2604507

    If there's blood and scream from the survivor, there's 100% a weapon hit animation/slowdown. If you can show me clip where there's not, then i would gladly swallow my words.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mij3gL804pI

    Legion didn't wipe his weapon on their sleeve. It's just the missed attack animation playing. That's how all my validated hits have been.

    Not that i would be surprised if there was a bug that played the weapon wipe animation but i haven't seen it

  • @Karltastisk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2604507#Comment_2604507

    If there's blood and scream from the survivor, there's 100% a weapon hit animation/slowdown. If you can show me clip where there's not, then i would gladly swallow my words.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzxxxQ5KlaE

    It was tested, with special attacks and regular attacks.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2604517#Comment_2604517

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mij3gL804pI

    Legion didn't wipe his weapon on their sleeve. It's just the missed attack animation playing. That's how all my validated hits have been.

    Not that i would be surprised if there was a bug that played the weapon wipe animation but i haven't seen it

    the missed attack animation still slows you down though which is the primary reason killers are complaining I hut the survivor and now I have to chase them for 30-50 more seconds

  • @Clevite said:

    They will eventually remove the scream and blood, I believe

    Problem is that I don't think it is possible by how this game works.

    They would have to shift everything to server, but then any feedback will be delayed.

    It would be nice to fix canceled grabs too...

  • @Karltastisk said:

    So let me get this straight.

    Getting hit trough a pallet as survivor is hella annoying. And being exhausted on the ground with dead hard is infuriating, but to solve these problems we just shift the frustration to the killer players AND keep it in so that killers get the hit, scream, blood AND, to top it of, lets make them go trough the hit animation slowdown so that they can feel robbed of a hit/down.

    HOW is this ANY better than before!? You are INTENTIONALLY implementing bugs into the game, seriously, What the actual ¤¤¤¤!

    And when you get a grab, it turns into a hit instead

  • @GrayEyes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2604535#Comment_2604535

    the missed attack animation still slows you down though which is the primary reason killers are complaining I hut the survivor and now I have to chase them for 30-50 more seconds

    No, you did not hit them. You missed because of Dead Hard.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2604563#Comment_2604563

    No, you did not hit them. You missed because of Dead Hard.

    No, you hit them, but because they had a worse connection than you they get a second chance.

  • @Kurri said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2604579#Comment_2604579

    No, you hit them, but because they had a worse connection than you they get a second chance.

    Nope, you did NOT hit them, they used DH. You just get the feedback that you hit them, but they actually reacted on time with DH.

    But I know that some Killer Mains seem to be unable to accept that. But it is easy to get the mindset that it was not meant to hit and just move on. If I can do that, everyone can do that.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    The old bug benefited the killer tremendously. Survivors were robbed of a successful dodge for years. At least the new bug is fair. As Clevite said, i'm sure they'll remove the scream eventually.

    A bug is “fair”? This is why no one takes your biased posts seriously.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2604585#Comment_2604585

    Nope, you did NOT hit them, they used DH. You just get the feedback that you hit them, but they actually reacted on time with DH.

    But I know that some Killer Mains seem to be unable to accept that. But it is easy to get the mindset that it was not meant to hit and just move on. If I can do that, everyone can do that.

    Not getting the hit is one thing, but the annoying sound of a hit and blood splatter on your screen is ridiculously distracting and needs to be fixed.

  • @Rey_512 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2604465#Comment_2604465

    A bug is “fair”? This is why no one takes your biased posts seriously.

    You are not getting robbed of anything. So it is fair. The feedback should be reworked, IF they can do it (I doubt that it is technically possible for DBD).

    Before, the Survivor got robbed, they pressed E in time, but ended up exhausted on the ground. This was them actually being robbed.

    (Which just shows the double-standards of Killers... One side has a visual feedback-bug, but is not robbed actually (Killer), the other side got robbed (Survivor), but the later one is ok, the first one not)

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2604600#Comment_2604600

    You are not getting robbed of anything. So it is fair. The feedback should be reworked, IF they can do it (I doubt that it is technically possible for DBD).

    Before, the Survivor got robbed, they pressed E in time, but ended up exhausted on the ground. This was them actually being robbed.

    (Which just shows the double-standards of Killers... One side has a visual feedback-bug, but is not robbed actually (Killer), the other side got robbed (Survivor), but the later one is ok, the first one not)

    I’m not saying I got robbed, am I? And no, it isn’t fair to replace one bug with another.

    And to say something broken can’t be fixed is speculation. They SHOULD fix it. Validation is fine if it works as intended, but right now it doesn’t.

  • @Rey_512 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2604605#Comment_2604605

    I’m not saying I got robbed, am I? And no, it isn’t fair to replace one bug with another.

    And to say something broken can’t be fixed is speculation. They SHOULD fix it. Validation is fine if it works as intended, but right now it doesn’t.

    It is at least more fair, since the new Bug does not have any gameplay-consequences. You see the Blood and the Scream, but the actual game is not impacted. This was different with "exhausted on the ground".

    The Devs have said multiple times that this is their way how feedback is handled. The Killer gets it immediatly, otherwise they would need to add a delay into any Killer/Survivor-Interaction. Even if this will only take the fraction of a second, it might result in a really clunky experience.

    Obviously they should fix it, if it is technically possible. But if not, I would prefer some Screams and Blood over an overall clunky experience.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2604620#Comment_2604620

    It is at least more fair, since the new Bug does not have any gameplay-consequences. You see the Blood and the Scream, but the actual game is not impacted. This was different with "exhausted on the ground".

    The Devs have said multiple times that this is their way how feedback is handled. The Killer gets it immediatly, otherwise they would need to add a delay into any Killer/Survivor-Interaction. Even if this will only take the fraction of a second, it might result in a really clunky experience.

    Obviously they should fix it, if it is technically possible. But if not, I would prefer some Screams and Blood over an overall clunky experience.

    Like I said, I’m fine with validation but not incorrect feedback. This is the only PvP game I’ve played where something stupid like this happens.

    And while you’re technically correct that it doesn’t impact the game (in terms of the blade wipe), it’s now something every killer will have to process separately: did I actually get the hit or not? This split second thinking has cost me at least one or two downs because I looked away after I thought I got a down only to realize I got validated.

  • @Rey_512 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2604465#Comment_2604465

    A bug is “fair”? This is why no one takes your biased posts seriously.

    It's an audio bug not a gameplay one.

  • It’s still a bug that makes you think you got a hit and splatters your screen with blood. Nothing fair about that.

  • The only way I can see it fair is that Killers should suffer 0 cooldowns or slowdowns for this. So if they can make it like "revert" or something than it would be more fair.

  • @Karltastisk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2604453#Comment_2604453

    There is nothing of information or past experiences that make me belive for one second that they would actually care to do anything about these issues. It only affects the minority of their playerbase. Besides, the main problem isn't the scream and the blood, its the actually gameaffecting slowdown that is the problem. The scream and the blood is just an extra slap in the face.

    If you are missing a swing because of Dead Hard it may look like you are going through the full 3 second successful attack animation but it is not. It may play that animation but the delay only lasts for the 1.5 seconds of a missed attack animation. It is no different than if you just swung and missed normally. I believe ScottJund did a video recently showing this.

  • @Chocolate_Cosmos said:

    The only way I can see it fair is that Killers should suffer 0 cooldowns or slowdowns for this. So if they can make it like "revert" or something than it would be more fair.

    Watch the video I posted earlier. You get a missed attack cooldown, because you missed an attack (shocking). But other than that, nothing else.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2604620#Comment_2604620

    It is at least more fair, since the new Bug does not have any gameplay-consequences. You see the Blood and the Scream, but the actual game is not impacted. This was different with "exhausted on the ground".

    The Devs have said multiple times that this is their way how feedback is handled. The Killer gets it immediatly, otherwise they would need to add a delay into any Killer/Survivor-Interaction. Even if this will only take the fraction of a second, it might result in a really clunky experience.

    Obviously they should fix it, if it is technically possible. But if not, I would prefer some Screams and Blood over an overall clunky experience.

    how tf does it not have any gameplay consequences if I have to spend another 30 secs to a minute chasing them that is very much a consequence are you ok my guy?

  • @shyguyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2604474#Comment_2604474

    If you are missing a swing because of Dead Hard it may look like you are going through the full 3 second successful attack animation but it is not. It may play that animation but the delay only lasts for the 1.5 seconds of a missed attack animation. It is no different than if you just swung and missed normally. I believe ScottJund did a video recently showing this.

    swing and missing when you shouldn't have still extends the chase by 30 secs which sucks ass

  • @GrayEyes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2604626#Comment_2604626

    how tf does it not have any gameplay consequences if I have to spend another 30 secs to a minute chasing them that is very much a consequence are you ok my guy?

    Just ignore them. They are not going to make sense, they have a one sided mentality that they gained from blindly following a content creator. It's like even after BHVR themselves stopped supporting this content creator in particular, their toxic fanbase still believes anything he says as fact.

  • @GrayEyes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2604626#Comment_2604626

    how tf does it not have any gameplay consequences if I have to spend another 30 secs to a minute chasing them that is very much a consequence are you ok my guy?

    Because this is how the Perk is supposed to work? If you swing into a DH, that is on you.

    If they are not able to use DH for distance, you can wait it out.

    But it is not like you have any disadvantage, you dont go into weapon swipe cooldown or anything, which should not happen.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2604784#Comment_2604784

    Because this is how the Perk is supposed to work? If you swing into a DH, that is on you.

    If they are not able to use DH for distance, you can wait it out.

    But it is not like you have any disadvantage, you dont go into weapon swipe cooldown or anything, which should not happen.

    having to chase for 30 more secs is a disadvantage how are you not getting this it's like your reading my post and just ignoring it

    also here's a pro tip good survivors can always use deadhead for distance cause good survivors never run into dead zones so I dont wanna hear the wait it out argument you can only wait it out vs bad survivors good survivors with the new dead hard can react to swings and only use it when they need it

  • @GrayEyes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2604799#Comment_2604799

    having to chase for 30 more secs is a disadvantage how are you not getting this it's like your reading my post and just ignoring it

    also here's a pro tip good survivors can always use deadhead for distance cause good survivors never run into dead zones so I dont wanna hear the wait it out argument you can only wait it out vs bad survivors good survivors with the new dead hard can react to swings and only use it when they need it

    But the recent change did not even do anything to "DH for distance".

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2604804#Comment_2604804

    But the recent change did not even do anything to "DH for distance".

    but we aren't talking about Dh for distance you brought that up I'll say it again for the third time for you in caps so you understand

    WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE ANIMATION THAT PLAYS WHEN YOU HIT A SURVIVOR WITH THE NEW DEADHARD AND HOW IT EXTENDS CHASES EVEN LONGER

  • @GrayEyes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2604806#Comment_2604806

    but we aren't talking about Dh for distance you brought that up I'll say it again for the third time for you in caps so you understand

    WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE ANIMATION THAT PLAYS WHEN YOU HIT A SURVIVOR WITH THE NEW DEADHARD AND HOW IT EXTENDS CHASES EVEN LONGER

    Yes, because when they use Dead Hard, they dont end up exhausted on the ground because the Perk was bugged and is now working as intended.

    Just the information the Killer gets is wrong, but this is only a visual bug and there is no technical bug.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2604812#Comment_2604812

    Yes, because when they use Dead Hard, they dont end up exhausted on the ground because the Perk was bugged and is now working as intended.

    Just the information the Killer gets is wrong, but this is only a visual bug and there is no technical bug.

    the chase is extended because of the visual bugs most killers when they see blood coming off a injured survivor stop chasing which means the chase is extended because we are receiving the wrong info

    extending the chase makes it a technical issue I've explained this to you like 4 different ways I really dont know how to make it simpler

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2604663#Comment_2604663

    Watch the video I posted earlier. You get a missed attack cooldown, because you missed an attack (shocking). But other than that, nothing else.

    The problem is that missed cooldown attack as well. This is 2x more time punishing for powers as well. It just wastes killers time and can get extra XX seconds in chases.

    It feels pretty bad.

  • @GrayEyes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2604816#Comment_2604816

    the chase is extended because of the visual bugs most killers when they see blood coming off a injured survivor stop chasing which means the chase is extended because we are receiving the wrong info

    extending the chase makes it a technical issue I've explained this to you like 4 different ways I really dont know how to make it simpler

    If you stop when you dont see that the Survivor is downed (you have Icons, come on..), this is on you. But who am I that I expect that a Killer uses their brain and realizes that something did not happen, despite getting the visual feedback...

    As I said before, if I manage to know what is going on, everyone will. And so far, I only had two validated Dead Hards, because most are used for Distance anyway and the few that were not used for distance were panicked DHs, which were easy to deal with.

    But I dont think there is any point to discuss this, you will not have a technical problem, you dont go into a longer weapon cooldown. You just have a missed attack cooldown. And if you really stop and need some seconds to realize that the Survivor is not downed, this is on you.

    I will end the discussion here, there is really no point.

  • @GrayEyes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2604816#Comment_2604816

    the chase is extended because of the visual bugs most killers when they see blood coming off a injured survivor stop chasing which means the chase is extended because we are receiving the wrong info

    extending the chase makes it a technical issue I've explained this to you like 4 different ways I really dont know how to make it simpler

    Killer main here.


    Quit whining.


    If you aren't good enough to realize the person isn't down on the ground or wounded via the HUD, that's on you. Dead Hard is super annoying, I agree, but its not really costing the killer anything. And if you HIT someone with dead hard and they used it right, you being penalized an animation IS INTENDED.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2604852#Comment_2604852

    If you stop when you dont see that the Survivor is downed (you have Icons, come on..), this is on you. But who am I that I expect that a Killer uses their brain and realizes that something did not happen, despite getting the visual feedback...

    As I said before, if I manage to know what is going on, everyone will. And so far, I only had two validated Dead Hards, because most are used for Distance anyway and the few that were not used for distance were panicked DHs, which were easy to deal with.

    But I dont think there is any point to discuss this, you will not have a technical problem, you dont go into a longer weapon cooldown. You just have a missed attack cooldown. And if you really stop and need some seconds to realize that the Survivor is not downed, this is on you.

    I will end the discussion here, there is really no point.

    I love how as soon as you realize my point you wanna end the discussion

    for years survivor hits dead hard and still ends up on the ground exhausted this recieving the wrong info

    however the moment the killer receives the wrong info and trusts the game to function how it should they're a bad killer lmaoo I love this forum sometimes the hypocrisy is real

  • @Thunderfrog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2604852#Comment_2604852

    Killer main here.

    Quit whining.

    If you aren't good enough to realize the person isn't down on the ground or wounded via the HUD, that's on you. Dead Hard is super annoying, I agree, but its not really costing the killer anything. And if you HIT someone with dead hard and they used it right, you being penalized an animation IS INTENDED.

    I love how trusting the game to work and not mislead you makes you a bad killer these days that's wild truly wild