Honestly dont like this new legion "trend/tech"

Like sure, the first game its something new but going down to frenzy hits which have no counter is just boring.

I'm not one to normally call no counter play on killers, hell I didnt even want spirit nerfed or deathslinger as I know there are things I can do to counter it. However legion frenzy you cant, I dont mind taking the injure but the fact if they double stack addons they can start downing you in a few frenzy hits is stupid.

You cant use pallets/windows as they vault them, you cant heal because you go straight to mending, you cant mend because you're in a chase. You cant even bait pallets as they just catch up on the next loop.

I hope these arent staying, legions needs help but this play is just cheap and meh.

Comments

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2592665#Comment_2592665

    You just follow after the second hit and wait for your power to hit again. It's what I mean it's cheap and 0 counter.

    Honestly I wish I could delete threads lol, the amount of people not even reading or understanding the issue is obnoxious.

    Like because I have an issue with something that has actual 0 counterplay I somehow want everything nerfed, like by all means buff legion but not by making getting hit uncounterable.

    Honestly take old spirit over this anyday and all day

    I get you. I really don't want to say anything else about it as I have not tried it myself but I will tonight to see how I feel. I was in the same boat as you when I said Leprose with MYC on demo was OP. I felt it was but no one wants to hear Demo and OP in same sentence. Just like no one wants to hear it with Legion.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2592575#Comment_2592575

    Only Stab Wounds Study was buffed.

    What I said is correct.

    It seems like you made this topic without understanding what is actually happening.

    Topic. Going down to 0 counter frenzy. Legit the only 0 counter within the game. Would rather verse old spirit which everyone complained had no counter when in reality old spirit had far more counters than this legion addon playstyle.

    No I understand what I said. Killers should have counters no matter the skill cap. I do not care if it's hard.

    But as it stands its impossible to counter legion like this. You will always get hit and go down.

    No loop, vault, pallet, playstyle, perks, map etc. Can stop this. Meanwhile legion runs at a high speed, can vault all things as fast as you including pallets with 0 skill required other than being able to follow as a very fast basic attack killer.

    Old nurse and spirit actually has more counter than this and actually required far more skill.

    Does this mean I want everything nerfed? NO. In fact most killers needs buffs, but there should always be some form of counter or gameplay involved.

    I dont get why people cant seem to read or grasp the issue. Yes legion is weak, does not mean he should have addons that make him 100% uncounterable like I described.

    So yes I understand.

  • @chargernick85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2594836#Comment_2594836

    I get you. I really don't want to say anything else about it as I have not tried it myself but I will tonight to see how I feel. I was in the same boat as you when I said Leprose with MYC on demo was OP. I felt it was but no one wants to hear Demo and OP in same sentence. Just like no one wants to hear it with Legion.

    I dont mind if a killers strong or hard to beat, in fact i believe most killers should be buffed and actually made the power role. I have never wanted anything nerfed for killer, but no matter the strength there should always be counters of some kind. If you wish to read my thoughts look at my above comment.

    I'm all for strong killers but there should be gameplay

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2592767#Comment_2592767

    Topic. Going down to 0 counter frenzy. Legit the only 0 counter within the game. Would rather verse old spirit which everyone complained had no counter when in reality old spirit had far more counters than this legion addon playstyle.

    No I understand what I said. Killers should have counters no matter the skill cap. I do not care if it's hard.

    But as it stands its impossible to counter legion like this. You will always get hit and go down.

    No loop, vault, pallet, playstyle, perks, map etc. Can stop this. Meanwhile legion runs at a high speed, can vault all things as fast as you including pallets with 0 skill required other than being able to follow as a very fast basic attack killer.

    Old nurse and spirit actually has more counter than this and actually required far more skill.

    Does this mean I want everything nerfed? NO. In fact most killers needs buffs, but there should always be some form of counter or gameplay involved.

    I dont get why people cant seem to read or grasp the issue. Yes legion is weak, does not mean he should have addons that make him 100% uncounterable like I described.

    So yes I understand.

    Cool.

    Why didn't you complain about it previously when the only difference was an additional 2s on the DW timer?

    This tactic has been in the game for a very long time - the only difference right now is a slight reduction in the number of actions you can take/ be forced to take before you can be downed with FF.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2594851#Comment_2594851

    Cool.

    Why didn't you complain about it previously when the only difference was an additional 2s on the DW timer?

    This tactic has been in the game for a very long time - the only difference right now is a slight reduction in the number of actions you can take/ be forced to take before you can be downed with FF.

    Because that "slight" as you put it is in fact 66.6% faster than usual. Meaning a killer can have 0 understanding of anything and just follow you step by step and win.

    Having 0 counterplay and going down so fast with 0skill requirements shouldn't be a thing. Simple as.

    Supporting and allowing such cheap plays is why half the killers are lack luster. How can we hope to balance if we allow it.

    Nurse has more counter and drawbacks than this combo.... nurse... that's enough said.

  • I don't even get why people thought Legion was weak, he's a complete stomper even when you don't give him other perks, add Nurse's calling and that's it for survs.

  • @alex511 said:

    I don't even get why people thought Legion was weak, he's a complete stomper even when you don't give him other perks, add Nurse's calling and that's it for survs.

    Legion is awful, especially at high mmr.

    But making him have 0 counter with no skill requirement certainly isnt the way to go though lol

  • Lol, it seems many people are justifying this playstyle by saying Legion is weak. That's a terrible mindset.

    Any true Legion mains out there would agree that Franks + Stab Wounds Study isn't healthy and needs to be changed.

  • It's funny how many people call this broken/unhealthy/whatever but you can also just cheese a down by blood lusting at most pallets, which will also waste around 48+ seconds of your time and yield the same result while being equally "interactive".

  • What are you doing during the 5 second stun and the 20 seconds needed for Frenzy to come back?

  • @kyogul said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2591955#Comment_2591955

    Now you guys know how it feels to go against multiple iron wills and dead hards/lithe's

    I didn't think I'll see the day when someone complains about lithe. Well, it was today.

  • @alex511 said:

    I don't even get why people thought Legion was weak, he's a complete stomper even when you don't give him other perks, add Nurse's calling and that's it for survs.

    Sure if you are playing bots. Good killers don't play as many bots these days.

  • Killer has something decent! Red alert! Nerf, nerf, nerf!

  • This is just a gimmick build and not really very good. Otz took like 45+ seconds the two times he tried to do this to the survivors to down them. Most of his other chases in the video lasted less than 10 seconds by comparison. This playstyle may be useful when the survivor's skill greatly exceeds the killer's skill. Killers could get a few hooks they may not have gotten otherwise. Also, occasionally at high MMR, you'll play against elite survivors on pallet heavy maps where they may loop you for 1-2 minutes until the pallets run dry. If you are playing vs Zubat on Cowshed, these addons could save you a bit of time getting the first down. Otherwise, I don't see these doing much good.

  • It's frankly (pun intended) ridiculous that they are buffing the add-ons that made for the worst piece of game design they've ever released, bringing that "gameplay" back to an extent. Yes, those add-ons were completely useless ever since Legion was reworked, but the solution to that is to also rework those add-ons. While I don't think that they are actually hugely problematic since it does regularly just take more time to down a survivor with them than it would take to just down them normally (against your average opponent anyway), of course it would be preferable to have those add-ons be reworked into something worthwhile that promotes actual interactive gameplay. One idea would be that they make it so Deep Wound does count down in chases, however the the mending speed is increased by a lot, such that the chase game becomes about the survivor trying to find little moments to mend mid-chase, with the killer trying to keep them from doing so. Of course the specifics of the bleedout timer and mend speed would have to be experimented with to find numbers that actually promote healthy chase interaction. But that just as one idea of many.

    Either way, Legion is the weakest killer in the game and has long deserved buffs, and there are some really easy things they could do to significantly improve things. Decrease the post-Frenzy fatigue time back to 3 seconds (is 4), with the respective Mixtape add-ons still being able to shave off another second. That way Legion can actually use Frenzy as a chase tool against already-injured survivors, allowing them to catch up faster without losing all that ground again in fatigue. Give Legion add-ons for Frenzy movement speed again and improve collision in post-Frenzy fatigue such that it can actually reliably be used to block survivors off from pallets, windows and pathways. Make it so that already-injured survivors hit by Frenzy suffer additional afflictions, such as a decreased action and/or movement speed, until they are healed - Legion's ability to injure survivors with ease becomes much more worthwhile if those survivors are actually incentivized to heal up again, because then it can cost a considerable amount of survivor time.

  • Hold W. Drop pallets on them. This build is incredibly inefficient from a time perspective.

  • Hit someone with FF 1 time = avg 3 seconds,

    hit again with FF = avg 7 seconds,

    stun after 2nd hit = 4 seconds,

    cooldown = 20 seconds,

    Avg time to down a survivor with m1 attack after a 1 FF hit = 15 seconds,


    total avg time to secure a down with 3 FF hits: 3+7+4+20+3 = 37 seconds (but low counter-play for survivor)

    total avg time to down a survivor with m1 attack after 1 ff hit: 3+4+15 = 22 seconds.


    Yeah, I'm with OP, because obviously the Franks mix tape + Stab Wounds study tech is the "better choice" here... it guarantees a down and saves you SOOOOOO much time!

    /s

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    Like sure, the first game its something new but going down to frenzy hits which have no counter is just boring.

    I'm not one to normally call no counter play on killers, hell I didnt even want spirit nerfed or deathslinger as I know there are things I can do to counter it. However legion frenzy you cant, I dont mind taking the injure but the fact if they double stack addons they can start downing you in a few frenzy hits is stupid.

    You cant use pallets/windows as they vault them, you cant heal because you go straight to mending, you cant mend because you're in a chase. You cant even bait pallets as they just catch up on the next loop.

    I hope these arent staying, legions needs help but this play is just cheap and meh.

    So now Legion is op because he's viable with addons?

    Bro momento

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    Like sure, the first game its something new but going down to frenzy hits which have no counter is just boring.

    I'm not one to normally call no counter play on killers, hell I didnt even want spirit nerfed or deathslinger as I know there are things I can do to counter it. However legion frenzy you cant, I dont mind taking the injure but the fact if they double stack addons they can start downing you in a few frenzy hits is stupid.

    You cant use pallets/windows as they vault them, you cant heal because you go straight to mending, you cant mend because you're in a chase. You cant even bait pallets as they just catch up on the next loop.

    I hope these arent staying, legions needs help but this play is just cheap and meh.

    Legion is actually very easy to go against. Stay away from your teammates. When you see that mend bar go off start running the opposite direction. You also shouldn't really be healing against a legion anyway. But his feral frenzy means nothing if you run a healing g build.

  • @Rogue11 said:

    Wait till you play against one running Bamboozle, Blood Favor, and Undying. Very interactive gameplay.

    Why are you spreading my business? 🤬

  • @Another_LegionMain said:

    Oh no one of the weakest killer got a well needed buff! Time to nerf Pig again!

    wait, what? legion got buffed? what buff?

  • Tatariu, who is arguably one of the best legions out there, runs this addon combo a lot of his YouTube videos. Him and I’ll say this as a legion main myself, it isn’t the most efficient way to down survivors. Yes, eventually, the survivor will go down, but honestly it isn’t the best way by a long shot.

  • To be honest, I only use that add on combination (I have a very strong inkling of which two add ons you're referring to) when I just want to ######### around in the game. I'll usually slap on Blood Warden, some NOED, bask in some fool pallet camping, they teabag, I wait for power while they tbag, I frenzy and down they go.

    It's not meta but it's fun for us Legion players. I like to go stabby and I like watching them go down from my frenzy stabbing shenanigans. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  • @DeadByLegion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2595827#Comment_2595827

    Ryuga is the only good Legion streamer I’ve seen. Most of the others are just mediocre.

    tatariu is pretty solid you should check him out

    I would say I agree with the general consensus is it strong yes is it the most time efficient way to down survivors definitely not

  • Minor changes to the addons (despite it always being there, I needed to tie it into nerfing Pig somehow)

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    Seems like most people arent even grasping the issue with these addons...

    It's cheap, non interactive for either side. I'm all for buffing killers and making them strong, like I said no issues with spirit before the nerf but going down to frenzy with 0 counter play at all is not gameplay.

    How is constantly being in a chase and getting hit multiple times “non-interactive”? It sounds about as interactive as possible actually.

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2591969#Comment_2591969

    How is constantly being in a chase and getting hit multiple times “non-interactive”? It sounds about as interactive as possible actually.

    Yeah. People are definitely hyping this addon combo up. It’s not as good as one might think. Sure every 20 seconds you can go 1.2 m/s faster than a survivor, but you have to hit them 4 times counting the initial frenzy hit. 3 chases at around 30 seconds at most is enough for the other three survivors to do a gen solo each.

  • @BaschFonRonsenburg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2595972#Comment_2595972

    Yeah. People are definitely hyping this addon combo up. It’s not as good as one might think. Sure every 20 seconds you can go 1.2 m/s faster than a survivor, but you have to hit them 4 times counting the initial frenzy hit. 3 chases at around 30 seconds at most is enough for the other three survivors to do a gen solo each.

    To be fair, it’s not quite four hits. What happens is every time a survivor vaults or drops a pallet they are no longer counted as “running” by the game so their Deep Wound timer ticks off during those animations. Yes it’s only maybe a second’s worth of a delay, but that means if the survivor vaults/drops pallets multiple times it’s shaving off that much more of the clock. So if Legion can get them vaulting a few times it can mean only having to do 3 hits instead of 4.

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2595976#Comment_2595976

    To be fair, it’s not quite four hits. What happens is every time a survivor vaults or drops a pallet they are no longer counted as “running” by the game so their Deep Wound timer ticks off during those animations. Yes it’s only maybe a second’s worth of a delay, but that means if the survivor vaults/drops pallets multiple times it’s shaving off that much more of the clock. So if Legion can get them vaulting a few times it can mean only having to do 3 hits instead of 4.

    Nope, that's been patched out. Happened a couple patches ago I think.

  • Please don't tell me this damn strategy is coming back. It is gonna be like his release all over again. Just running until you inevitably go down because you can't do ######### to stop it

  • @BattleCast said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2595985#Comment_2595985

    Nope, that's been patched out. Happened a couple patches ago I think.

    Ah ok, my bad, I didn’t realize it was patched.

1 2 ›