Ok Mother-Daughter Ring + Dried Cherry Blossom is too strong

I’m not sure how Mother-Daughter Ring didn’t get a nerf as it’s a ridiculous add on that combines too well with some add ons. Spirit is already a strong enough killer that is capable of downing survivors very fast so she doesn’t need a combo that makes her much stronger and easier to play.

As a Spirit main, nerf this combo or at least nerf Mother-Daughter Ring as you already should have in the midchapter.

Comments

  • right, make another ultra-rare addon so bad nobody will use it like most of them on majority of killers

  • @PleassBuiltInNoed said:

    right, make another ultra-rare addon so bad nobody will use it like most of them on majority of killers

    I never said made it bad, it’s just too strong and needs to be touched. I literally main Spirit too lol.

  • @PleassBuiltInNoed said:

    right, make another ultra-rare addon so bad nobody will use it like most of them on majority of killers

    It is possible to nerf addons without making them useless you know

  • @Yords said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2578664#Comment_2578664

    It is possible to nerf addons without making them useless you know

    not for bhvr, every time they nerfed an addon they destroyed it

  • I always thought MDR was overkill, probably why I have over 200 of them

    But with old prayer beads and discordance, the grabs, oh the grabs, so much fun

    You could almost guarantee a grab to start each match.

  • The downside of not seeing scratch mark is pretty good for +40% speed. The problem is the dried Cherry addon which has the same downside. Mean using both of these addon only give 1 downside.

    MD ring should replace the downside with "not able to hear".

    So if you use these 2 addon, you dont see scratch mark or hear at all. But you have massive speed and instinct already.

  • @C3Tooth said:

    The downside of not seeing scratch mark is pretty good for +40% speed. The problem is the dried Cherry addon which has the same downside. Mean using both of these addon only give 1 downside.

    MD ring should replace the downside with "not able to hear".

    So if you use these 2 addon, you dont see scratch mark or hear at all. But you have massive speed and instinct already.

    that would make the ring by itself useless at all times and only possible to use with dried cherry, so you are just tying 2 strong addons together even more

    also spirit can't hear majority sounds anyway thanks to iron will, why take even that little she still has away

  • @Clevite said:

    I always thought MDR was overkill, probably why I have over 200 of them

    But with old prayer beads and discordance, the grabs, oh the grabs, so much fun

    You could almost guarantee a grab to start each match.

    I miss Prayer Beads (the interaction we had until the update, not the old broken version), I don't know why they removed it as it wasn't OP or anything, but it was fun to get grabs with it.

  • Yeah, I also dont understand why they did not nerf the MDR. It is probably the best Add-On in the game.

    Also, I despise the Dried Cherry Blossom. It is really a Crutch-Add-On.

  • @C3Tooth said:

    The downside of not seeing scratch mark is pretty good for +40% speed. The problem is the dried Cherry addon which has the same downside. Mean using both of these addon only give 1 downside.

    MD ring should replace the downside with "not able to hear".

    So if you use these 2 addon, you dont see scratch mark or hear at all. But you have massive speed and instinct already.

    There should never be a nerf that makes Spirit deaf. Scratch marks immediately disappear when in phase now if you use MDR or DCB, it’s annoying as hell - and if the survivor has Iron Will it makes it a nightmare for tracking if they broke LOS.

    MDR should not be touched now that Spirit got nerfed.

  • I mean, its fine if Baby Spirits really need Training Wheels... But a strong Killer like Spirit should not have those.

  • Can we please stop asking for nerfs? BHVR always takes it too far.

  • @PleassBuiltInNoed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2578689#Comment_2578689

    that would make the ring by itself useless at all times and only possible to use with dried cherry, so you are just tying 2 strong addons together even more

    also spirit can't hear majority sounds anyway thanks to iron will, why take even that little she still has away

    May be -50% activation speed? 1.5 to 2.25sec

  • Don't forget you can still combine the MDR with Yakuyoke Amulet (which was also the best combo on old Spirit). Don't know why they basically removed all of her good green addons and kept the most busted ones.

  • @Rey_512 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2578689#Comment_2578689

    There should never be a nerf that makes Spirit deaf. Scratch marks immediately disappear when in phase now if you use MDR or DCB, it’s annoying as hell - and if the survivor has Iron Will it makes it a nightmare for tracking if they broke LOS.

    MDR should not be touched now that Spirit got nerfed.

    The add on is still way too strong. Moving at that speed makes countering her near impossible since you can’t react to her sounds

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2578672#Comment_2578672

    You sure about that ? This is BHVR we're talking about...Always remember Freddy's add on pass to a useless iri.....And sound add ons

    But remember this is the same BHVR that didn’t nerf Pinky finger, Black incense, Tombstone and alchemist ring. They don’t always destroy addons

  • Take away killer weapons!!!

  • I guess that is much more reasonable

    however her charge time is not very pleasing even on it's base, so i could see many people dropping that addon just because of how uncomfortable it would be to start using her power


    it would be better if they did smth like 'if you spent 2-4 seconds in phase then you get the movement speed or it scales up slowly while you spend time in phase, so fe. 10% extra on activation and then each frame you get sligly extra more until you reach max 40% after let's say 5 seconds

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2578702#Comment_2578702

    The add on is still way too strong. Moving at that speed makes countering her near impossible since you can’t react to her sounds

    No it’s not.

  • @Exxodus21 said:

    Can we please stop asking for nerfs? BHVR always takes it too far.

    Sometimes things in this game need to be nerfed. I hope they don’t turn them useless but the combo is ridiculous and definitely needs to be touched.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2578736#Comment_2578736

    They didn't change them* If they did. They would probably be useless ATM 😂. Not for nothing. Alch Ring isn't even close to my favorite blight add on

    But the point is they didn’t change them they got so much feedback that those addons were op and strong but they weren’t nerfed. Stop this mentality that everything that’s strong gets nerfed to the ground. Nurse was nerfed 6 times and yet she’s still strong. Spirit just got nerfed everyone said she’s gutted she’s still the same. It took 4 years just to nerf Iridescent head.

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2578739#Comment_2578739

    But the point is they didn’t change them they got so much feedback that those addons were op and strong but they weren’t nerfed. Stop this mentality that everything that’s strong gets nerfed to the ground. Nurse was nerfed 6 times and yet she’s still strong. Spirit just got nerfed everyone said she’s gutted she’s still the same. It took 4 years just to nerf Iridescent head.

    Nah Spirit is gutted. I think we should just forget that she doesn’t move 76% faster than survivors and is still practically invisible. Survivors have complete control and it’s healthier to say a killer a trash than it is to actually learn the killer. She’s hard, just too hard.

  • @Rey_512 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2578689#Comment_2578689

    There should never be a nerf that makes Spirit deaf. Scratch marks immediately disappear when in phase now if you use MDR or DCB, it’s annoying as hell - and if the survivor has Iron Will it makes it a nightmare for tracking if they broke LOS.

    MDR should not be touched now that Spirit got nerfed.

    I mean replace the "remove scratch mark" to "not able to hear" for either one of them.

    Each of them stand alone is fine, its just their downside is the same. Make it using both addon less being punished by the downside. Beside the effect both addon give are sync with each other.

  • @C3Tooth said:

    The downside of not seeing scratch mark is pretty good for +40% speed. The problem is the dried Cherry addon which has the same downside. Mean using both of these addon only give 1 downside.

    MD ring should replace the downside with "not able to hear".

    So if you use these 2 addon, you dont see scratch mark or hear at all. But you have massive speed and instinct already.

    Maybe DCB can use the deaf downside and increase the range to 8 meters.

  • I don't know, I don't like MDR but I really don't want to see just blight and nurse at high level.

  • You move at 216% speed with full control. Keep in mind billy and blight moves at 230% with little control.

    It just shouldn’t be an add on especially an iri since they are meant to change the killers gameplay in an interesting way. All this does is make her faster and an annoying hindrance

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2578751#Comment_2578751

    BHVRs track record is what it is. When they actually touch something. It typically ends up being useless.

    Except when it’s nurse and Spirit. Let’s not forget Undying was nerfed yet it’s still a Top 5 killer perk. Ruin is still being used even though it was completely changed. Pop was nerfed yet still a top 5 perk.

    Not every nerf is bad

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2578714#Comment_2578714

    Or perhaps. It's a great add on for impaired folks who enjoy spirit. Just as father's glasses was. And absolutely should exist 🤔

    Fathers Glasses was equally badly designed. It is not good to remove counterplay from a Killer, especially when this counterplay involves smart Survivor gameplay. You can fake scratchmarks, but not Blood (Fathers glasses) or your actual Location (Cherry Blossom).

    The Downside of removing Scratch Marks is not really good for such a big Upside which basically negates the Downside immediatly.

  • Let's hope on those hotfix they touch the Mother' Ring

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2578725#Comment_2578725

    Fathers Glasses was equally badly designed. It is not good to remove counterplay from a Killer, especially when this counterplay involves smart Survivor gameplay. You can fake scratchmarks, but not Blood (Fathers glasses) or your actual Location (Cherry Blossom).

    The Downside of removing Scratch Marks is not really good for such a big Upside which basically negates the Downside immediatly.

    I actually didn’t have a problem with Father’s Glasses. It was good for an ultra rare and never thought it was unfair. It’s mainly a counter to Iron Will and is only potentially too good with Sloppy Butcher.

  • @Labrac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2578684#Comment_2578684

    I miss Prayer Beads (the interaction we had until the update, not the old broken version), I don't know why they removed it as it wasn't OP or anything, but it was fun to get grabs with it.

    I hear, I miss the old ones, not as survivor, but as killer, they were so broken, and fun.

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2578699#Comment_2578699

    I hear, I miss the old ones, not as survivor, but as killer, they were so broken, and fun.

    I wasn’t around long enough to know what it was like to play with or against those add ons. I’ve seen gameplay though, and it looked miserable as survivor but so fun as killer. It definitely needed a change though.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2578672#Comment_2578672

    You sure about that ? This is BHVR we're talking about...Always remember Freddy's add on pass to a useless iri.....And sound add ons

    Exactly what I thought too.

  • @GannTM said:

    I’m not sure how Mother-Daughter Ring didn’t get a nerf as it’s a ridiculous add on that combines too well with some add ons. Spirit is already a strong enough killer that is capable of downing survivors very fast so she doesn’t need a combo that makes her much stronger and easier to play.

    As a Spirit main, nerf this combo or at least nerf Mother-Daughter Ring as you already should have in the midchapter.

    She has enough problems right now with Shadowstep and Iron Will, while survivors can hear her....

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2578869#Comment_2578869

    I wasn’t around long enough to know what it was like to play with or against those add ons. I’ve seen gameplay though, and it looked miserable as survivor but so fun as killer. It definitely needed a change though.

    Oh yes, so fun as killer, quite OP for sure. Miserable as survivor, no doubts, many hook suicides and DCs. I can't tell you how many times I would start a game with a grab and instantly get a DC or two.

    Glad to see the Spirit is still out there, haunting "those/us" pesky survivors!

    I love going against Spirit, I am sure all the time playing as her makes it fun for me.

  • @LapisInfernalis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/288754/ok-mother-daughter-ring-dried-cherry-blossom-is-too-strong

    She has enough problems right now with Shadowstep and Iron Will, while survivors can hear her....

    I haven’t had much of an issue playing her.