NOED is bad... For killers

Just think about it. MMR is balancing your games so you get 50% killrate. Whatever you bring in your games, whatever perks you use, this will be true. So, if you are struggling in your games and don't get any kills - you will get lower MMR and more chill games. However, if you are struggling in your games, but cheese some kills in the end through your perk - your MMR won't get lower. The matchmaking thinks you just had an easy victory, and gives you even more skilled opponents in your next game. And then you have to cheese your kills again. It is a self-sustaining cycle.

Just a thought I wanted to share. I just realized this and dropped NOED from all my builds.

Comments

  • Funny way to spell survivor.

  • @Mr_K said:

    Funny way to spell survivor.

    I am playing killer almost exclusively.

  • Oh, I got it wrong.

    I mean, it is bad for survivors too, but that's not my point

  • Oh no

    That means Blood Warden, Remember Me, No Way Out, and Black Box are all bad for killers, too

    Oh no

  • NOED is going to be trash once boon totems become a thing. Not even worth the risk to take it. And I am one of the few people that doesn't pretend it is bad right now.

  • @Raccoon said:

    Oh no

    That means Blood Warden, Remember Me, No Way Out, and Black Box are all bad for killers, too

    Oh no

    If you are consistently pulling extra kills with them, probably yes. I doubt they have the same impact though, they are not as strong as NOED.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    NOED is going to be trash once boon totems become a thing. Not even worth the risk to take it. And I am one of the few people that doesn't pretend it is bad right now.

    Depends on how hard people will jump on the boon totem train. I don't really expect them to be a meta changer, my bet is that for a couple of months there will be 4 boon totems each game and after that people will just replace self-care with them.

  • I don't think the mmr even works with or without noed.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I seriously doubt NOED drastically increases kill averages.

    I'd even estimate that NOED isn't still active by the time the game ends in about 60% of the games it procs.

    It does. Even if you get a single extra kill through NOED in 25% of your games it is hella lot.

  • If NOED spawned with the hatch, it might be worth having only 3 perks all game.

  • @Bumbus said:

    Just think about it. MMR is balancing your games so you get 50% killrate. Whatever you bring in your games, whatever perks you use, this will be true. So, if you are struggling in your games and don't get any kills - you will get lower MMR and more chill games. However, if you are struggling in your games, but cheese some kills in the end through your perk - your MMR won't get lower. The matchmaking thinks you just had an easy victory, and gives you even more skilled opponents in your next game. And then you have to cheese your kills again. It is a self-sustaining cycle.

    Just a thought I wanted to share. I just realized this and dropped NOED from all my builds.

    NOED is fine for killers. Its that survivors refuse to deal with it before/after it activates which leads anyone to say that it's bad for killers. Survivors can have multiple second chances during the game, but if a killer has one more chance only during the end game it becomes a problem. Lets not even look at the fact that the killer plays a majority of the trial with only 3 perks.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2546779#Comment_2546779

    I'm still not following your logic. One extra kill in 25% of your games is 1 kill among the 16 survivors you face, meaning that your kill rate has only increased...6%. Not a hella lot.

    In addition, noed only removes 1 of the 2 hits required to down, so you still need to have a successive chase in order to make it work in the first place.

    Also, if NOED procs at all, that means at least 1 survivor completed the fifth gen. This means

    A) You've already smashed most of the team and NOED has no bearing on that outcome or

    B) YOU got smashed by the team, and your outcome (and by extension your MMR) would already be impacted negatively, and NOED would have little impact.

    Can NOED drastically change the number of kills that CAN occur in the round? Sure.

    DOES NOED drastically change the number of kills that occur in the game overall? I'm going to say no, based on the fact that BHVR hasn't nerfed it in the last couple of years, and they nerf anything that "overperforms"

    You don't get it.

    Point B is the problem. You got smashed by the team. You had to see a 4-man escape and your MMR should be drastically lowered. But instead - bang, you have NOED. You get an extra kill. So instead of 100% of value your MMR had to be decreased, you only get a 50% decrease.

    6% doesn't apply to your killrate - nothing can increase your killrate. It increases the rate of you getting more MMR until you'll get to the point where you get overwhelmed by survivors that much so NOED doesn't matter anymore.

  • @Hektic3000 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/285788/noed-is-bad-for-killers

    NOED is fine for killers. Its that survivors refuse to deal with it before/after it activates which leads anyone to say that it's bad for killers. Survivors can have multiple second chances during the game, but if a killer has one more chance only during the end game it becomes a problem. Lets not even look at the fact that the killer plays a majority of the trial with only 3 perks.

    You completely missed the point. Read the post again.

  • @Bumbus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2546836#Comment_2546836

    You completely missed the point. Read the post again.

    Nope, I saw the point about getting extra kills and that boosting your mmr. I disagree with that line of thinking in preforming worse so you get less skilled survivors. If that's what you wanted to discuss you would have made sure that was apparent in the title instead of a blanket statement that noed is bad.

  • @Bumbus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2546814#Comment_2546814

    You don't get it.

    Point B is the problem. You got smashed by the team. You had to see a 4-man escape and your MMR should be drastically lowered. But instead - bang, you have NOED. You get an extra kill. So instead of 100% of value your MMR had to be decreased, you only get a 50% decrease.

    6% doesn't apply to your killrate - nothing can increase your killrate. It increases the rate of you getting more MMR until you'll get to the point where you get overwhelmed by survivors that much so NOED doesn't matter anymore.

    If not Noed then camp, if not camp then face-camp. While we all trying to play for fun, on paper only kills are important. So those who are interested in MMR should be efficient and it means camping and tunneling.

  • @Hektic3000 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2546846#Comment_2546846

    Nope, I saw the point about getting extra kills and that boosting your mmr. I disagree with that line of thinking in preforming worse so you get less skilled survivors. If that's what you wanted to discuss you would have made sure that was apparent in the title instead of a blanket statement that noed is bad.

    I assumed that people will actually read the post and not just the title. My bad, shouldn't expect that much.

  • @Bumbus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2546853#Comment_2546853

    I assumed that people will actually read the post and not just the title. My bad, shouldn't expect that much.

    With the nonsense that happens on here almost everyday im sure you understand that you need to put context on things.

  • @R2k said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2546843#Comment_2546843

    If not Noed then camp, if not camp then face-camp. While we all trying to play for fun, on paper only kills are important. So those who are interested in MMR should be efficient and it means camping and tunneling.

    Sure. I am not addressing people who play for results and want to get kills by every possible way. That's their right. But they shouldn't complain about getting hard games if they play like that, because this way of playing is the reason why it happens.

  • Noed is a 'patchwork perk': It's there to solve a problem (not getting any kills in at all and getting frustrated/being genrushed) in the one way one should NOT solve the problem.

  • @Bumbus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2546814#Comment_2546814

    You don't get it.

    Point B is the problem. You got smashed by the team. You had to see a 4-man escape and your MMR should be drastically lowered. But instead - bang, you have NOED. You get an extra kill. So instead of 100% of value your MMR had to be decreased, you only get a 50% decrease.

    6% doesn't apply to your killrate - nothing can increase your killrate. It increases the rate of you getting more MMR until you'll get to the point where you get overwhelmed by survivors that much so NOED doesn't matter anymore.

    Fun fact if you get smashed by a team and get 4 man escaped you go down by 30 points.... now if it was only 3 it would be around 20 points lost so its not as bad as you make it out to be since the max mmr increase you can get from a game is +20.

  • @Brimp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2546843#Comment_2546843

    Fun fact if you get smashed by a team and get 4 man escaped you go down by 30 points.... now if it was only 3 it would be around 20 points lost so its not as bad as you make it out to be since the max mmr increase you can get from a game is +20.

    Didn't know we have the exact numbers. Do we?

  • I have some serious doubts about the ability of MMR to drop more than rise. That seems weird to me.

  • @Bumbus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2546899#Comment_2546899

    I have some serious doubts about the ability of MMR to drop more than rise. That seems weird to me.

    Well thats how most games with mmr works. Just look at overwatch you can drop like 25 sr but only gain like 15 for a win even if you played above average that game

  • @Bumbus said:

    Just think about it. MMR is balancing your games so you get 50% killrate. Whatever you bring in your games, whatever perks you use, this will be true. So, if you are struggling in your games and don't get any kills - you will get lower MMR and more chill games. However, if you are struggling in your games, but cheese some kills in the end through your perk - your MMR won't get lower. The matchmaking thinks you just had an easy victory, and gives you even more skilled opponents in your next game. And then you have to cheese your kills again. It is a self-sustaining cycle.

    Just a thought I wanted to share. I just realized this and dropped NOED from all my builds.

    Let me adjust the title of your thread.... "NOED IS....FOR BAD KILLERS".

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2546843#Comment_2546843

    There are a couple problems with you theory, because you have misconceptions about both MMR and NOED.

    First: MMR

    #1 you stated that "MMR is balancing your games so you get 50% killrate. " since MMR has not been fully explained, you don't know this to be true. Yet your entire argument is predicated on it being true. And if this is wrong, it invalidates your entire post.

    #2" So instead of 100% of value your MMR had to be decreased, you only get a 50% decrease." - again, you're assuming you fully understand how the MMR system works when none of us actually do. We can believe that the system only counts kills for Killer MMR, but we don't know for sure. And that means your numbers for how much your MMR moves based on number of kills is ficticious at best.

    And now, NOED:

    Your argument is also predicated on the belief that NOED consistently gives the killer kills that they would otherwise not get if they hadn't ran the perk. Yet BHVR hasn't stated that NOED strongly influences the endgame one way or the other, at least not that I'm aware of. And considering BHVRs track record of nerfing things that overperform, no matter how unusual of a situation that may be, I find it very hard to believe BHVR would keep it in the state its in if it did.

    Lastly, to make a point, let's say you are correct: MMR works around a 2 kill average, and NOED both drastically and consistently increase Killer counts. The NOED Killer is placed in higher ranks, and then "the killer gets overwhelmed by survivors that much so NOED doesn't matter anymore." And? The conclusion being that they'll stop progressing and stagnate, and face survivors of a similar matchmaking rating. Which is exactly the point of MMR in the first place. This isn't some awful predicament you make it out to be, but rather the stated goal of the system in the first place.

    The fact is neither you, I, or anyone know how MMR works, or if NOED consistently aids you in kills you wouldn't have had otherwise.

    If you assume that we don't know anything about how MMR works we can rely on our experience. I made my experiment and it confirms my theory for me, you can test it yourself and check if it works for you.

    My conclusion is not that it is bad to get to higher MMR than you should. It is that if you are struggling in your games and the only way for you to get kills in your games is to rely on NOED and camping, and you don't like it - there is a reason why it happened.

  • Noed is always a gamble on the killer's part. Can't be sure your gonna need it and can't guarantee you will have it even activate when the time comes. I doubt it's consistent enough to actually inflate sbmm ratings, but I do see your point concerning it potential to do so.

  • Noed is good because when I ran it as huntress yesterday i ended up getting a 4k bc of noed. It's good if you know how to utilize it to your advantage, and even the odds if you're having a bad game.

  • It is hilarious seeing NOED players though. Like... one of my last games I had a demogorgon chase me for 5 gens.... sure it was haddonfield... but still :D I'm a solo and I was just looping his behind for 5 gens. Showed em all corners of the map and every pallet. Why he tunneled me so hard and not went for someone else after 1min, I have no idea. I was the first person he found and he locked onto me and did not let go... I will never understand ppl like this. EVEN if you DO get me with your NOED in the end... I call that match a win for ME. Not a doubt in my mind who won and who lost there :D

    With that said, OPs theory is probably correct :D they are extremely bad players who get 1 or 2 kills at the endgame.

  • By this logic all perks are bad for killers and survivors, except No Mither I guess... as they enhance your chances to win.

    There is nothing cheesy about using NOED, at least no more or less than any of the second chance perks in the game.

  • Most of the time, Noed feel cheap when Killer stack with 3 slowdown and tunnel/camp where survivors have no choice but gen rush for escape, totally ignore totems.

    I use Noed all the time, I dont use any slowdown (gens fly is a normal thing for me) but all kind of end game build (Blood warden, Rancor, No way out, remember me..) to give me a power trip. Also to put a true challenge on survivors, without extend the game for long.

  • @Bumbus said:

    Just think about it. MMR is balancing your games so you get 50% killrate. Whatever you bring in your games, whatever perks you use, this will be true. So, if you are struggling in your games and don't get any kills - you will get lower MMR and more chill games. However, if you are struggling in your games, but cheese some kills in the end through your perk - your MMR won't get lower. The matchmaking thinks you just had an easy victory, and gives you even more skilled opponents in your next game. And then you have to cheese your kills again. It is a self-sustaining cycle.

    Just a thought I wanted to share. I just realized this and dropped NOED from all my builds.

    Apparently its also based on hooks, so no.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    NOED is going to be trash once boon totems become a thing. Not even worth the risk to take it. And I am one of the few people that doesn't pretend it is bad right now.

    It's already not worth the risk. Even when rushing gens, teams somehow can get all the totems too. Or when NOED actually does get use, they find it instantly.

  • No what is bad for Killer is spawning on a huge map with all 4 Survivors on separate gens and 3 of them pop after 1 chase.

    THAT is what is bad for Killer.

  • @xili84 said:

    It is hilarious seeing NOED players though. Like... one of my last games I had a demogorgon chase me for 5 gens.... sure it was haddonfield... but still :D I'm a solo and I was just looping his behind for 5 gens. Showed em all corners of the map and every pallet. Why he tunneled me so hard and not went for someone else after 1min, I have no idea. I was the first person he found and he locked onto me and did not let go... I will never understand ppl like this. EVEN if you DO get me with your NOED in the end... I call that match a win for ME. Not a doubt in my mind who won and who lost there :D

    With that said, OPs theory is probably correct :D they are extremely bad players who get 1 or 2 kills at the endgame.

    Because killers don't want to play haddonfield. And instead of waiting afk untill u all run away, they throw game away to avoid being reported for afk. It was already suggested in other topics.

  • @Bumbus said:

    Just think about it. MMR is balancing your games so you get 50% killrate. Whatever you bring in your games, whatever perks you use, this will be true. So, if you are struggling in your games and don't get any kills - you will get lower MMR and more chill games. However, if you are struggling in your games, but cheese some kills in the end through your perk - your MMR won't get lower. The matchmaking thinks you just had an easy victory, and gives you even more skilled opponents in your next game. And then you have to cheese your kills again. It is a self-sustaining cycle.

    Just a thought I wanted to share. I just realized this and dropped NOED from all my builds.

    Here's the issue:

    You can say the same thing for Survivors about running Ds / Unbreak just bout every match,

    Survivors don't need it. yet they get carried by this build. "So just don't tunnel 4head" might be your response.

    BUUUUUT. in a game that's severely survivor sided, Tunneling / Camping for a 12 hook is neigh impossible if you don't have survivors making mistakes,

    And even if they make mistakes. doesn't take any skill to rush gens.. Yet they still do that, Now my response to all of this in a Nutshell?

    just do totems 4head,

  • @Verconissp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/285788/noed-is-bad-for-killers

    Here's the issue:

    You can say the same thing for Survivors about running Ds / Unbreak just bout every match,

    Survivors don't need it. yet they get carried by this build. "So just don't tunnel 4head" might be your response.

    BUUUUUT. in a game that's severely survivor sided, Tunneling / Camping for a 12 hook is neigh impossible if you don't have survivors making mistakes,

    And even if they make mistakes. doesn't take any skill to rush gens.. Yet they still do that, Now my response to all of this in a Nutshell?

    just do totems 4head,

    Did you mean 3 other survivors have to do 5 Gen, 5 totem while Killer tunnel & camping 1 guy with Noed?

  • @C3Tooth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2547626#Comment_2547626

    Did you mean 3 other survivors have to do 5 Gen, 5 totem while Killer tunnel & camping 1 guy with Noed?

    Sure you can do 5 totems to stop it from happening but you dont have to, you only need to do one totem when its active.

    There's 2 ways to go about it and its not like totems are usually hard to find.

  • @C3Tooth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2547626#Comment_2547626

    Did you mean 3 other survivors have to do 5 Gen, 5 totem while Killer tunnel & camping 1 guy with Noed?

    It's quite easy if you think about it...

  • @Hektic3000 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2547658#Comment_2547658

    Sure you can do 5 totems to stop it from happening but you dont have to, you only need to do one totem when its active.

    There's 2 ways to go about it and its not like totems are usually hard to find.

    Some match the 1st survivor down at 3 Gen done, some match down at 30sec into the game and other guys doing chest / totem with zero Gen progress. We lose some and win some.


    There are plenty match where Killer had 5 hooks and 1 Gen left (Killer played fair), I thought I can afford the time and search for Dulls with small game, but the match end up 3k. Or I had 1 hook with 1 Gen left and all 4 survivors start to follow me asking for chase, end up 4k. with 6 hooks.

    You dont know when your teammate down, you dont know if Killer camp after the first down. For these sole reasons explain why survivors always rush. Its simple psychology, survivors have to ensure their gates at least close to ready before making any bold moves, because 1 guy dies before 3 Gen done is a 3-4k. With constant tunnel/camp, its easy to understand why survivors always rush Gen, and vice versa.