How many slowdown perks do you run as killer and why or why not?😯

I find I have to run at least corrupt and ruin with bbq (for the grind) leaving 1 perk (depending on which killer I use).

How about the rest of you? Do you feel you need to run gen regression perks?

Tagged: BHVR

Comments

  • On my main I don't run any but I'll usually throw on corrupt and pop on other killers

  • I run Corrupt Intervention and/or occasionally Ruin. I don't like to fully rely on slowdown perks, but I'm still a bit bad at gen guarding so I have to have at least one in my build.

  • Corrupt and Deadlock. Nothing feels worse than going on 1 chase and 3 gens pop.

    The last 2 depend on the Killer, usually BBQ and some staple perk on that Killer, like STBFL on Demo

  • on nurse i use corrupt and surge

  • I'll run Surge or Deadlock sometimes because I'm pretty lazy and can't be bothered to kick gens. Lately I've just been running a dumb obsession chasing build that I find a lot of fun: Furtive Chase, Nemesis, Hex: Plaything, Rancor.

  • I always run Corrupt. Imo you need early game pressure against good teams to stand a chance. Corrupt and Ruin are the best for that, and I don't trust Hexes, so Corrupt it is. Alternatively, you could run Lethal Pursuer and hope to snowball to victory, but only mobility Killers really have that option.

    The day that they implement an "early game collapse" like they said (if ever), then I might finally use something else.

  • i dont like them, but i have seen myself obliged to use them.

  • At least 1. Usually pop because it has no totem attached to it. I feel it rewards me for playing well. Ruin can get cleansed. Adding undying just means they need to cleanse it twice. I dont like having half my loadout determined for me. I use corrupt on certain killers like my trapper but once its gone i need to be hooking people fast.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    At least 1. Usually pop because it has no totem attached to it. I feel it rewards me for playing well. Ruin can get cleansed. Adding undying just means they need to cleanse it twice. I dont like having half my loadout determined for me. I use corrupt on certain killers like my trapper but once its gone i need to be hooking people fast.

    What do you use for your other two trapper perks?😊

    Even if they clean ruin and undying it buys me some extra time to place traps near a 3 gen area.

  • Depends on the killer, but when I do it's usually Pop or Ruin or both. I don't have Corrupt so can't run that.

    Surge or Erupt can be good too, I prefer Erupt of the two and sometime combo it with Pop to create an extra evil pop.

  • @latinfla4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2547885#Comment_2547885

    What do you use for your other two trapper perks?😊

    Even if they clean ruin and undying it buys me some extra time to place traps near a 3 gen area.

    My trapper build is usually

    1 gen slow down. Everything else is a mix of what i feel like. Whispers for tracking. Bbq for bp. Stbfl to help with chases. Franklins for keys. Lightborn for flashlights. Devour hope to scare survivors. Sloppy and nc. Bloodwarden for end game. Enduring with spirit fury for pallets.

    I have no set build other than at least 1 slow down. I could go ruin+undying. Yes it would buy me time but i just dont like being down 2 perks for the rest of the match.

  • @LinkToReality said:

    Depends on the killer, but when I do it's usually Pop or Ruin or both. I don't have Corrupt so can't run that.

    Surge or Erupt can be good too, I prefer Erupt of the two and sometime combo it with Pop to create an extra evil pop.

    What I worry about pop is getting to a gen in time because of cooldown...also depends if you get that hook in time to pressure

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Depends on the killer. You can stack slowdowns on meta killers and lose nothing in chase. It's why they're strong. I run fewer slowdowns on M1 killers because they lack pressure and slowdowns do nothing if you don't have pressure.

    What chase perks do you use? Usually with my extra slot I feel stbfl works pretty well.

  • Very rarely, the most I will usually do is run Ruin on Legion if I'm just having a particularly bad day...I always prefer information and chase perks over slowdown perks.

  • @latinfla4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2547277#Comment_2547277

    What chase perks do you use? Usually with my extra slot I feel stbfl works pretty well.

    For killers like Pig, Legion, Trapper, Myers, and Ghostface, I'll take Corrupt Intervention/Bamboozle/Brutal Strength/Pop (or NOED).

    There are a ton of loops where those killers simply can't get a hit without a survivor making a mistake, so it becomes more about getting the pallet down efficiently, zoning, and breaking the pallet quickly. Games are still winnable even if you get unlucky and chase a pre-dropper for the first 2 or 3 gens. Just have to be efficient/ruthless, be smart with hook placement, confirm stages if applicable, and stick to your gens.

  • 2 or 3


    Most perks in the game aren't very good, even the "fun" ones. The game isn't fun for me if I equip objectively bad perks just to spice things up.


    To give you an idea, my concept of "Fun and Viable" perks are: STBFL, Surge, Iron Maiden.

    My issue is and for people like me is that there simply isn't a good pool of perks to choose from without seriously putting yourself at a disadvantage.

  • I actually use speedup perks so that I don't need to wait long for my NoED to activate.

  • O, prefer the natural slowdown of slugging over gen perks with conditions.

  • @Mandy said:

    Very rarely, the most I will usually do is run Ruin on Legion if I'm just having a particularly bad day...I always prefer information and chase perks over slowdown perks.

    Which perks do you find help you out the best with legion?😊

  • @fogdonkey said:

    I actually use speedup perks so that I don't need to wait long for my NoED to activate.

    Which ones are the speedup perks?🤣

  • Always 1, sometimes 2.

    Kicking generators is a joke and the slowdown that comes from the core gameplay loop of chase-down-hook-rescue-heal only actually works if you can get through the "chase" phase quickly. If you're running after somebody for 60-180 seconds, you've lost 2-3 gens by your first hook.

    Survivors doing 40%-60% of their objectives by the time I've done 8% of mine is a pretty good indication something in the game isn't working. Unfortunately, slowdown perks are the only band-aids available, so they're pretty much mandatory.

  • Killers, please don't slow down the Gen progress. You might win.

  • @Adjatha said:

    Always 1, sometimes 2.

    Kicking generators is a joke and the slowdown that comes from the core gameplay loop of chase-down-hook-rescue-heal only actually works if you can get through the "chase" phase quickly. If you're running after somebody for 60-180 seconds, you've lost 2-3 gens by your first hook.

    Survivors doing 40%-60% of their objectives by the time I've done 8% of mine is a pretty good indication something in the game isn't working. Unfortunately, slowdown perks are the only band-aids available, so they're pretty much mandatory.

    That is the sad reality since normal kicking of the gen doesn't really do anything and gen tapping is still a thing☹

  • @latinfla4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2548928#Comment_2548928

    That is the sad reality since normal kicking of the gen doesn't really do anything and gen tapping is still a thing☹

    When you kick a generator, it explodes and sparks start shooting out of it. How does this not automatically do regression damage? It LOOKS like it does damage. It SOUNDS like it does damage. 10/10 new killers ASSUME it does damage. But no. All it does is start a slow creep back to the start, but at 1/4th the speed of a solo survivor working on it.

    It's absurd.

  • @anarchy753 said:

    Depends on the killer. 1-2 on most of them, usually pop, sometimes ruin if it's all I have, often surge or oppression on killers who I don't want to waste time kicking gens on. I find a lot of killer players invest too much in gen slowing perks then get caught in long chases which negates most of their effects. I'd rather use a combination of slowing perks with chase boosts like enduring + spirit fury to get the most time value.

    I loathe corrupt and I will never run it unless I specifically have a tome challenge to do so.

    The only killer I go absolutely all out on slow is Plague. I run BBQ, Pop, Thana and Dying Light. It means they're constantly fighting into a crippling slow from thana which gets worse with every non-obsession hook. The drawback of dying light is negated by broken, and I don't feel the need for many chase perks when her chases are generally half the length of other killers, and corrupt purge can lower that further.

    Thanks for the plague build idea😇

  • Generally 2. I'm a big fan of the Thana Sloppy combo on normal M1 Killers. Helps slow down the game a bit while still letting everyone have a chance for points, and doesn't slow things down to an absolute halt like the TRU combo or other heavy slowdown perks.

    I've also been interested in running Deadlock, but I haven't played the game much since Cenobite's release so...

  • sometimes pop, corrupt isn’t really slowdown. Running multiple slowdown is really boring to me and chases are more fun than worrying about gens. Most killers don’t even be good only carried by ruin undying

  • Never used corrupt on any killer after I got Plague adept. I don't like the idea of forcing survivors to spread out early. And I don't like perks that have strongly limited use.

    I don't use Ruin, Undying, Tinkerer because I don't want to addict to strong stuff.

    Sometimes I use PGTW but after Pinhead release I switched it to Deadlock on some killers.

    But most of my killers have no slowdown perks. Just detection and chase. And I also like perks that hide terror radius.

  • I never understood killers to run little to no slowdowns as some "noble duty" to allow survivors to have fun. Show me a survivor who's going to not run their meta for the sake of the killers fun. Now THAT'S an endangered species right there. Nor should they not run the best #########. Neither should you. There's no reason not to.

  • @latinfla4 said:

    I find I have to run at least corrupt and ruin with bbq (for the grind) leaving 1 perk (depending on which killer I use).

    How about the rest of you? Do you feel you need to run gen regression perks?

    Usually only 1. I like to have at least two perks dedicated to information gaining (Discordance, Tink, really need to unlock Retribution) or one perk and BBQ for the BP gain (honestly, this should just be baseline - game is such a grind without it).

    I prefer Pop (or even Surge on some killers) to Ruin, but I absolutely have to run at least 1.

  • Pop/corrupt is the way to go

  • 3 But only because I want every killer with every perk so I need BBQ otherwise I would run 4.

  • Combos of either:

    Corrupt/Pop

    Ruin/Pop

    Thana/Sloppy/Surge

    Pop/Oppression


    Sometimes I'll use just one of these, but rarely none, if im wanting something else for my build.

    Edit: forgot why

    I hate the stress dbd induces mainly because I get overwhelmed easily. I use slowdown perks often just to help relieve a bit of tension off my back, sometimes. Ruin, i use the absolute least because I dislike the downside of possibly being removed instantly. Its also the only hex I'll use period, I prefer the more mediocre permanent effects.

  • @blue4zion said:

    Combos of either:

    Corrupt/Pop

    Ruin/Pop

    Thana/Sloppy/Surge

    Pop/Oppression

    Sometimes I'll use just one of these, but rarely none, if im wanting something else for my build.

    Edit: forgot why

    I hate the stress dbd induces mainly because I get overwhelmed easily. I use slowdown perks often just to help relieve a bit of tension off my back, sometimes. Ruin, i use the absolute least because I dislike the downside of possibly being removed instantly. Its also the only hex I'll use period, I prefer the more mediocre permanent effects.

    How has the pop oppression combo worked out for you?😊

    I tried thana and sloppy and it seems too dependent on the killers mobility.

  • Just Corrupt Intervention sometimes. I usually don't use any. Just don't feel like it's really needed most of the time.

  • Does lullaby or overcharge count?

  • Anymore, none. Previously, probably Pop, sometimes Corrupt.

    But, I play for shiggles anymore, keep it fun and light. At least for me.

    I have been running Starstruck, MYC, Agitation and Dragon's Grip or Haunted Grounds. Just trying to have fun and scare the ######### out of survivors.

  • I pretty much always run Ruin and Pop if I have it on that killer. Sometimes I'll just opt for Pop and BBQ if I don't feel I need the extra slowdown and/or need the extra BP at the moment.

  • i use Ruin-undying-tinkerer-corrupt

  • @latinfla4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2549962#Comment_2549962

    How has the pop oppression combo worked out for you?😊

    I tried thana and sloppy and it seems too dependent on the killers mobility.

    Oppression helps more than one might think, maybe it's catching people off guard but about 60% of the time competent survivors will miss the skillcheck. Even if not, regression of a gen you can get too or might not even know about is awesome.

    It's cooldown is a bit much, but I do enjoy this combo since pop can make up for where oppression lacks.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    Just Corrupt Intervention sometimes. I usually don't use any. Just don't feel like it's really needed most of the time.

    Give it enough time while you reach higher mmr🤣

  • @Asssblasster625 said:

    Does lullaby or overcharge count?

    If they miss the skill check it does regress the gen🙃

  • None. I run maybe 1 end game perk instead. Survivors will rush gens if they want to rush gens so slowdown perks are useless, but if they rush gens then an end game perk like NOED, Blood Warden, or No Way Out is going to punish them.

  • @Kurri said:

    None. I run maybe 1 end game perk instead. Survivors will rush gens if they want to rush gens so slowdown perks are useless, but if they rush gens then an end game perk like NOED, Blood Warden, or No Way Out is going to punish them.

    Or all 3 of those perks in some cases🤣

  • It depends, If I want to have some fun I run none or just one. If I want to compete I have to run 4 (which is kinda sad, I don't have all perks in all killers so there are some killers that I cannot play with to compete).

  • @VonCrow said:

    It depends, If I want to have some fun I run none or just one. If I want to compete I have to run 4 (which is kinda sad, I don't have all perks in all killers so there are some killers that I cannot play with to compete).

    It is sometimes necessary for a fun game...unless 5 minute games are fun🤣

  • @latinfla4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2550462#Comment_2550462

    Give it enough time while you reach higher mmr🤣

    I'm certainly not at the top, but I'd say I'm pretty high.

  • Depends on how I feel, mostly at least one, I like to play the game too

  • Everyone saying 0 slow down perks are survivor mains trying to pretend "good" killers don't need slowdown. Keep pretending the state of the game is okay as is.


  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2553466#Comment_2553466

    I'm certainly not at the top, but I'd say I'm pretty high.

    So what type of builds do you run?😊