What Killers Are Left To Add At This Point?

Yes, Chucky (although with that copyright being as much of a lightning rod as it is, I'm not sure on this one) and the inevitable FNAF-style killer, but I'm struggling to think of many others.

Possibly a 'werewolf' archetype, a fire or an ice based killer or (if my dreams come true) a 'plant' themed killer...or an 'imposter' killer (The Thing).

Or, hell, go full retro and give us a crawling brain/eye creature.

Comments

  • It's one of the reasons I want BHVR to slow down DLC productions.

    They are very clearly runnin out of ######### to add right now.

    So slowing down DLC Chapters and working on bugs and balance changes to focus more on gives them time to create a better DLC killer and chapter overall as well as give them time to come up with something original.

  • Jason

    Pirate, Knight

  • We are missing just about every classic horror monster. Vampire, Werewolf, Mummy, Swamp Monster, and Frankenstein. Heck, robots/android or aliens or demons. I want someone in a monster suit, like Godzilla, but obviously not actually a kaiju.


    As for licenses, Jason and Chucky are the only a-listers missing. But there is plenty of room for some other lesser icons like Pennywise, if you ask me.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    We are missing just about every classic horror monster. Vampire, Werewolf, Mummy, Swamp Monster, and Frankenstein. Heck, robots/android or aliens or demons. I want someone in a monster suit, like Godzilla, but obviously not actually a kaiju.

    As for licenses, Jason and Chucky are the only a-listers missing. But there is plenty of room for some other lesser icons like Pennywise, if you ask me.

    Shots fired.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    We are missing just about every classic horror monster. Vampire, Werewolf, Mummy, Swamp Monster, and Frankenstein. Heck, robots/android or aliens or demons. I want someone in a monster suit, like Godzilla, but obviously not actually a kaiju.

    As for licenses, Jason and Chucky are the only a-listers missing. But there is plenty of room for some other lesser icons like Pennywise, if you ask me.

    Swamp monster would be fun. Do a Swamp Thing tribute, and do a 'planty' style swamp creature.

    Mummy...I guess Vommy Mommy isn't far off.

    An interesting concept, that I don't know how it would work, would be an Abathur style 'Hive' killer - being mostly stationary (possibly gigantic) and instead fighting and messing with survivors by proxy/spawning units. Possibly difficult to work into DbD's chase-heavy mechanics, but it would certainly be unique.

  • The devs are clearly running out of power ideas for killers, but there's definitely a large variety of killers to add other than the power.

    I'd love for them to focus on the killers already in the game, and slow down on the chapters.

  • @glitchboi said:

    The devs are clearly running out of power ideas for killers, but there's definitely a large variety of killers to add other than the power.

    I'd love for them to focus on the killers already in the game, and slow down on the chapters.

    Mm. At least half the roster is badly in need of a serious rework, we need way more cosmetics for killers and the last two killers have both felt very rough around the edges.

    Sadly though, BHVR rely a lot on new killers to generate income.

  • Original killers are ten times better than Licensed killers , usually

  • I really want a Banshee, that would be such a cool killer I think. Her whole chase theme could be her crying from a distance, but as she gets closer the crying becomes more intense, and then wailing in chases with music of course.

  • One of the biggest missing "archetypes" is a Killer who can disguise as a Survivor for the "The killer was someone you knew all along" kind of thing but SWF makes such a concept impossible most likely.

  • @Madjura said:

    One of the biggest missing "archetypes" is a Killer who can disguise as a Survivor for the "The killer was someone you knew all along" kind of thing but SWF makes such a concept impossible most likely.

    Yeah, this is true. It's a huge pity, because the sheer amount of fun this could be is amazing.

    One of my favorite moments of all time is when I spotted a conga-line of survivors all crouching through the bushes as Pig, and I quietly joined them...

  • Chucky, Jason, A pirate character, A robotic killer, A disguised killer, A bug like killer, Alien, Predator, Candyman, Fnaf, A medieval killer, A reoccuring franchise killer such as Mr. X, A anime character, A Egyptian killer, uhhh, that's all I can think of.

    Jason I'm not against cause then we have all the iconic slashers but what would you even make his ability? Traps? Trapper. Stalking? Ghostface and Myers. Teleportation? Nurse. The dart he throws in Friday 13th game for some reason? Trickster/Clown. An axe? That would probably work like leatherface and billy. It's kinda hard to make Jason have an idea that isn't used. They did make ghostface have the same ability as Myers basically though so maybe they can make jason like a mix of all these killers.

    I know a Disguised character wouldn't work against swfs due to them getting information (A reoccurring theme with swf) but I think it would be cool. Maybe they can slap on a second ability to make up for the lack of ability in the disguise.

    Anime killer is literally there just because I'm curious how BHVR would do it. Might be really cool. Most likely gonna be weird.

    A reoccurring franchise killer would be nice. Might be difficult with most of them. Definitely can do it with the survivors though.

  • We don’t have a single urban legend themed killer :( Bloody Mary and Kuchisake Onna when?

  • There are a multitude of killer types that can still be added, both licensed and non-licensed. There'll be no issue in that respect. It's only limited by the imagination.

    The problem arises when it comes to original powers and perks. I do admire the variety we have, but that can only last so long. There may need to be changes to the game and objectives to allow for newer perk ideas.

  • Jason, Chucky, Candyman and Alien.

    They're the only marketable licences remaining.

    And I suppose FNAF.

  • I'll take original over licensed anyday.

    Since the devs lost the rights to demo they could just make their own 'monster' killer instead.

  • Just bring Jason.

    And no, it's not The Trapper.

  • @Madjura said:

    One of the biggest missing "archetypes" is a Killer who can disguise as a Survivor for the "The killer was someone you knew all along" kind of thing but SWF makes such a concept impossible most likely.

    I know when Legion first was coming out I thought that was going to be their powers......that would be so much fun.

  • We can always move onto other games. I would definitely love a evil within chapter.

  • @Iudex_Nemesis said:

    I'll take original over licensed anyday.

    Since the devs lost the rights to demo they could just make their own 'monster' killer instead.

    The Demogoogle

  • There is so much potential for new types of powers.

    Different type of monsters, spiders/spider based power, insects, elemental stuff like fire/ice, darkness/shadow/light mechanics, variations of existing powers are also always possible (see chainsaw bros. Or Stalky bois), something more in the direction of pig with additional objectives, something that gives alternatives to existing mechanics like PHs cages..

  • Something from a modern horror game.

  • Jason Vorhees

    Mitochondria Eve (Parasite Eve)

    Candyman

    The Fisherman (I know what you did last summer)

    The Miner (My Bloody Valentine)

    Samara/Sadako

    Pennywise

    Esther

    Xenomorph

    Leprechaun

    The kids from Village of the Damned

    Slenderman

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    Original killers are ten times better than Licensed killers , usually

    Pinhead is pretty strong with that 4v1 Box pressure.

  • Vampire/Dracula

    Medusa

     Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

  • Ones I can think off of the top of my head (from movies and regardless of whether they'll actually get in or not) are,

    The Xenomorph (Alien),

    Predator,

    Penny-wise (It),

    Candyman,

    Jason and Chucky.

    That's just without really thinking about it - it would be nice to see what they do next.

  • I was going to make a list, but literally looking up "Popular Slasher" brought up more than a dozen titles for BHVR to make characters off of.

  • They are running out of Old Slasher types to add to this game

    But they still have a lot of urban legends and myths to try out

  • i just want penny wise ( IT ).

  • Are you talking about licensed or generic archetypes?

    Licensed: Chucky, Candyman, Xenomorph, plethora of Asian horror (i.e. Ring), Carrie, Pennywise, Shining

    Archetypes: Alien, Robot, Vampire, Werewolf, Pirate, Mermaid/Siren, Blind/sound based killers, elemental, witch/warlock, hunter with companion (hounds)

    I mean there's a lot of legends they haven't touched either. I think some movie characters will overlap too much (My Bloody Valentine/Trapper) but even generic types and a handful of licensed can get them 2 years at least

  • Jason, Chucky.


    Video game wise, fnaf.

  • @Orion said:

    Candyman.

    I totally forgot one of my favorite killers of all time. Huh.

  • the lawsuit for the right's to jason is over meaning in a few years we will be able to use jason in games but for now we have to wait for it to be a closed lawsuit because when a lawsuit is won by somebody it needs to be closed by an official judge which is yet to happen

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2543818#Comment_2543818

    I totally forgot one of my favorite killers of all time. Huh.

    As punishment, you must say his name 5 times in front of a mirror. Good luck!

  • A pirate. Deathslinger should have been a pirate themed killer, in my opinion.

    And also missing a robot/mechanical killer, that would be dope.

  • @GreyBigfoot said:

    A pirate. Deathslinger should have been a pirate themed killer, in my opinion.

    And also missing a robot/mechanical killer, that would be dope.

    A robot killer you say? I think I might have the perfect candidate 😏

    biv74fafhyg61.jpg 8de9926d-fd96-4326-a361-75e9c4adfa82.jpg


  • I vote Alien as said by El_Gingero. Terminator would also be great as said by Marik13 with the excellent artwork. Nice work.

  • Xenomorph

    Chucky

    It

    Candyman

    Sweet Tooth - Twisted Metal

    Predator

    Vampire

    Werewolf

    Wendigo

    Swampthing

    Tremors

    The Ring

    Serial Mom

    Parasite Eve

    Carrie

    Annabelle

    The Nun

    La Llorona

    Dead Silence

    Puppet Master

    Ghoulies

    Banshee

    ... I could keep going with the list.