What are your thoughts about the potential of boon totems changing the gameplay?☺

Edit: had a chance to play around with boon totems finally😇 and they are, thankfully, not as OP (yet) as they could be.

Boon totems:survivors need another objective we hear you killers But survivors are our business model🤑so here is something for killers to worry about😇

Get the popcorn ready

Edit: thank you to the people staying on topic...just ignore the bullies they dont deserve the attention😴.

Comments

  • Lets wait and see what the boon totem perk actually does.


    Also Undying will reveal the survivor setting up a boon totem, since its a dull totem when they approach it.

  • Your obsession with this game and constant posts shitting on it is starting to get pretty worriesome. Are you okay?

    I feel like you are too dependent on this one game.

  • @ad19970 said:

    Your obsession with this game and constant posts shitting on it is starting to get pretty worriesome. Are you okay?

    I feel like you are too dependent on this one game.

    They've reached the point of insanity

    You can tell when some one unironically uses emojis a bit too much

  • @PanicSquid said:

    Lets wait and see what the boon totem perk actually does.

    Also Undying will reveal the survivor setting up a boon totem, since its a dull totem when they approach it.

    I wished they have Survivor perks & their Killer's perks & power counter each other.

    Technician & Doctor skill check

    Hoarder & Appraisal

    Dead hard & Hatchet

    Diversion & Phasing

    It was strange that Blight cames with double Hex and Felix has no totem perk.

  • @ad19970 said:

    Your obsession with this game and constant posts shitting on it is starting to get pretty worriesome. Are you okay?

    I feel like you are too dependent on this one game.

    @Shroompy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2523026#Comment_2523026

    They've reached the point of insanity

    You can tell when some one unironically uses emojis a bit too much

    So anything useful to comment on the topic or is it just hateful diatribe?😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇

    And I made it simple for you...my post messages have emojis so you can ignore them in the label. Be blessed😎

  • @latinfla4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2523026#Comment_2523026

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2523028#Comment_2523028

    So anything useful to comment on the topic or is it just hateful diatribe?😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇

    I think it's more the smug and pretentious way you act, and how you take pleasure at the misery of the opposing side.

  • If it take 10-15 seconds to set up a Boon Totem I think it can work if the Killer can remove it much faster. More use for Undying.

  • @ad19970 said:

    Your obsession with this game and constant posts shitting on it is starting to get pretty worriesome. Are you okay?

    I feel like you are too dependent on this one game.

    I agree and this guy say they don't play the game anymore, they should probably stop playing game in general lmao

  • @Progamer888 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2523026#Comment_2523026

    I agree and this guy say they don't play the game anymore, they should probably stop playing game in general lmao

    Yes, and don't get me wrong, I can understand being passionate about a video game and wanting it to further improve, but these posts surely aren't contributing to this. There is 0 actual constructive criticism to be found here.

  • @Shroompy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2523026#Comment_2523026

    They've reached the point of insanity

    You can tell when some one unironically uses emojis a bit too much

    Lol well I would hope not so, but who knows. They do seem to have an unhealthy obsession with this game here.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2523644#Comment_2523644

    Yes, and don't get me wrong, I can understand being passionate about a video game and wanting it to further improve, but these posts surely aren't contributing to this. There is 0 actual constructive criticism to be found here.

    I 100% agree hell i think that lord Tony post or sluzzy post have more constructive criticism than this.

  • @PanicSquid said:

    Lets wait and see what the boon totem perk actually does.

    Also Undying will reveal the survivor setting up a boon totem, since its a dull totem when they approach it.

    in another thread, MandyTalks said that survivors can turn hex totems into boon totems too

  • @Mattie_MayhemOG said:

    If it take 10-15 seconds to set up a Boon Totem I think it can work if the Killer can remove it much faster. More use for Undying.

    They stated killers could 'quickly' interact with totems so I doubt it will take them as long as it takes survivors to cleanse a hex, which makes sense.

  • @latinfla4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2523026#Comment_2523026

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2523028#Comment_2523028

    So anything useful to comment on the topic or is it just hateful diatribe?😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇

    I would argue my comment was useful. And not really hateful. Your obsession really does seem unhealthy, and it's not like any of your posts are helpful or useful even in the slightest. There is 0 actual constructive criticism here, you just seem to try and support the idea that the devs only care about survivors, which is so obviously not the case.

    Like, please explain to me how a thread like this is in any way useful?

  • @Glimmer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2523445#Comment_2523445

    I think it's more the smug and pretentious way you act, and how you take pleasure at the misery of the opposing side.

    @Progamer888 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2523026#Comment_2523026

    I agree and this guy say they don't play the game anymore, they should probably stop playing game in general lmao

    I played both sides thank you very much😇. Nothing I say has been a lie...maybe you are angry I bring up good points?

    I love how I made easier ways to recognize my posts(by using emojis) and instead of discussing the topic you click on the post anyway to bully🙁. I guess if I makes you feel better...I dont force you to click on my posts.

    Now please stay on topic and let's talk about boon totems or go take out your misplaced anger on something else. Be blessed😇

  • When I see a smiley in the title, I know its latinfla. :P

  • @Progamer888 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2523026#Comment_2523026

    I agree and this guy say they don't play the game anymore, they should probably stop playing game in general lmao

    Every post you have made has been to be negative and to bully me🙁

    So boon totems...anything relevant to the discussion or are you just trolling?

  • @Mattie_MayhemOG said:

    If it take 10-15 seconds to set up a Boon Totem I think it can work if the Killer can remove it much faster. More use for Undying.

    Yeah I think the clue was on the description for thrill of the hunt...survivors blessing the totem🤔

  • @C3Tooth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2523018#Comment_2523018

    I wished they have Survivor perks & their Killer's perks & power counter each other.

    Technician & Doctor skill check

    Hoarder & Appraisal

    Dead hard & Hatchet

    Diversion & Phasing

    It was strange that Blight cames with double Hex and Felix has no totem perk.

    They added it with the resident evil update instead with counterforce🤣

  • @PanicSquid said:

    Lets wait and see what the boon totem perk actually does.

    Also Undying will reveal the survivor setting up a boon totem, since its a dull totem when they approach it.

    Concept wise its a problem. If the boon perks release mid chapter are garbage it doesn't mean future ones won't be.

  • @latinfla4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2523463#Comment_2523463

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2523644#Comment_2523644

    I played both sides thank you very much😇. Nothing I say has been a lie...maybe you are angry I bring up good points?

    I love how I made easier ways to recognize my posts(by using emojis) and instead of discussing the topic you click on the post anyway to bully🙁. I guess if I makes you feel better...I dont force you to click on my posts.

    Now please stay on topic and let's talk about boon totems or go take out your misplaced anger on something else. Be blessed😇

    You're bringing good points? Sorry but the last time i checked bringing good point was: "this things it's problematic for this reason and that reason" you just said a once sentence statement. That's it, you haven't brought any good points, or any points at all. I just don't understand, plus i didn't told you you're a killer main or anything, you play both sides? OK I guess, and still you said multiple times that you're not playing this game anymore, and still you're acting like you play 6 hours a day.

  • @Mr_K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2523018#Comment_2523018

    Concept wise its a problem. If the boon perks release mid chapter are garbage it doesn't mean future ones won't be.

    They have to have impactful changes or else survivors wont have any reason to bless the totems. Probably like a 4 percent increase on doing objectives or healing or unhooking or something 🤔

  • @latinfla4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2523644#Comment_2523644

    Every post you have made has been to be negative and to bully me🙁

    So boon totems...anything relevant to the discussion or are you just trolling?

    Bullying you? Are you dense? I'm just concern because i doubt anyone would look at your recent post and saying "yeah this person it's bringing a good point, or a point in general" like I'm not even trolling you I'm seriously concern, you're so obsessed with this game, it's almost unhealthy honestly. I hope you're the one trolling and you're just very dedicated

  • @Progamer888 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2523710#Comment_2523710

    You're bringing good points? Sorry but the last time i checked bringing good point was: "this things it's problematic for this reason and that reason" you just said a once sentence statement. That's it, you haven't brought any good points, or any points at all. I just don't understand, plus i didn't told you you're a killer main or anything, you play both sides? OK I guess, and still you said multiple times that you're not playing this game anymore, and still you're acting like you play 6 hours a day.

    I posted both quotes look at the original post🙄.

    Once again this is a discussion about boon totems...quit posting here if you dont want to talk about the topic.

    My posts have emojis if you dont want to read them. And people can have opinions on topics about something they used to play. I have never met you and my opinion is you are bullying my posts 🙁.

    Whether I come back after this patch isnt relevant to the conversation🤔

    So if you want to talk about the topic welcome if not please dont post because I am going to ignore you. Be blessed I know there is good in you😇

  • @latinfla4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2523764#Comment_2523764

    I posted both quotes look at the original post🙄.

    Once again this is a discussion about boon totems...quit posting here if you dont want to talk about the topic.

    My posts have emojis if you dont want to read them. And people can have opinions on topics about something they used to play. I have never met you and my opinion is you are bullying my posts 🙁.

    Whether I come back after this patch isnt relevant to the conversation🤔

    So if you want to talk about the topic welcome if not please dont post because I am going to ignore you. Be blessed I know there is good in you😇

    Even if i wanted to discuss with you, about what, about the nothing, you didn't said anything beside a stupid random sentence, like i said before, if your post was: "boon totem will be a problem because this and that" i would've discussed with you, but there's nothing to discuss about, nothing the only thing i could say it's "wait for the ptb to go online" which it's the most obvious things i could tell to someone.

    Plus I'm not bullying you, if you think that's bullying, then I'm happy that you never got truly bullied in your whole life, I'm giving you an advice, stop being obsessed with a ######### videogame, i know that many people that make a living out of this game, aren't as obsessed as you, which it's concerning to say the least.

  • @KeiOrtem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2523018#Comment_2523018

    in another thread, MandyTalks said that survivors can turn hex totems into boon totems too

    So the killer could lose their perk and have a blessed totem to worry about

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2523644#Comment_2523644

    Yes, and don't get me wrong, I can understand being passionate about a video game and wanting it to further improve, but these posts surely aren't contributing to this. There is 0 actual constructive criticism to be found here.

    You mean like you making any relevant comment and staying on topic about boon totems😏

    Now that is you being smug and pretentious 😯.

    So talk about the topic or go make your own post. Be blessed😇

  • @SoylentPixie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2523489#Comment_2523489

    They stated killers could 'quickly' interact with totems so I doubt it will take them as long as it takes survivors to cleanse a hex, which makes sense.

    Probably a kick to damage the totem?🤔

  • @KeiOrtem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2523018#Comment_2523018

    in another thread, MandyTalks said that survivors can turn hex totems into boon totems too

    I dont really like that Boon over Hex. Even if Killer able to regain Hex from Boon, its a waste of time for Killer. Survivor can use 1 of 16 perks to disable 1 of 4 Killer perks.

  • @C3Tooth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2523691#Comment_2523691

    I dont really like that Boon over Hex. Even if Killer able to regain Hex from Boon, its a waste of time for Killer. Survivor can use 1 of 16 perks to disable 1 of 4 Killer perks.

    Developer notes have been updated😇

  • Here is my opinion on this, A boon perk needs to be strong enough to be useful to a survivor, but weak enough where a killer shouldn't matter if its up or not.

    For example: While in 8 meters of this boon healing actions are increased by 10/15/20% (or whatever).

    Can that be strong yes, but it would require the survivors running to that section of that map for that benefit. To be fair thats a bad example, but its also an example of something that wouldn't really hurt the killer to much if they didnt stomp out the boon. However if all 4 survivors were running it, it would become a lot stronger given that their could be up to four locations to recieve this benefit.

  • The fact that survivors can light them over and over again after the killer cleanses them is so broken. Completely unfair BS. All killer hexes are prelit and then are gone once cleansed but survivors can relight their boons immediately after the killer cleanses it. It’s just baffling that they think this is fair.

  • @ad19970 said:

    Your obsession with this game and constant posts shitting on it is starting to get pretty worriesome. Are you okay?

    I feel like you are too dependent on this one game.

    You have twice as many posts as him….

  • Im not bothered until i see what these boon perks actually do.

  • The quantity is irrelevant, it's what's in those posts that make his argument strong.

  • @Elena said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2524259#Comment_2524259

    The quantity is irrelevant, it's what's in those posts that make his argument strong.

    You could just ignore them? I don’t understand why people are harassing them for making a thread. @Peanits or someone there is some weird stuff going on in this thread.

  • Uhm ok? That doesn't really have anything to with this though. I am not making a thread every day like this one here.

  • @mouse0270 said:

    Here is my opinion on this, A boon perk needs to be strong enough to be useful to a survivor, but weak enough where a killer shouldn't matter if its up or not.

    For example: While in 8 meters of this boon healing actions are increased by 10/15/20% (or whatever).

    Can that be strong yes, but it would require the survivors running to that section of that map for that benefit. To be fair thats a bad example, but its also an example of something that wouldn't really hurt the killer to much if they didnt stomp out the boon. However if all 4 survivors were running it, it would become a lot stronger given that their could be up to four locations to recieve this benefit.

    And if a killer cleanses it, they can re- boon it. That really makes little sense, can just see it now, Nemesis leaning down saying a few garbled words to remove a boon, rather than just stomping it into dust.

  • @latinfla4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2523764#Comment_2523764

    I posted both quotes look at the original post🙄.

    Once again this is a discussion about boon totems...quit posting here if you dont want to talk about the topic.

    My posts have emojis if you dont want to read them. And people can have opinions on topics about something they used to play. I have never met you and my opinion is you are bullying my posts 🙁.

    Whether I come back after this patch isnt relevant to the conversation🤔

    So if you want to talk about the topic welcome if not please dont post because I am going to ignore you. Be blessed I know there is good in you😇

    How about next time you then actually word your post to make it look like you actually want a discussion? I love how you constantly seem to try and crap on BHVR and when people then expose that, you play the victim card.

    "Boon totems:survivors need another objective we hear you killers But survivors are our business model🤑so here is something for killers to worry about😇"

    This obviously only makes it look like you are trying to push this idea that the devs only care for survivors. This has nothing to do with an actual discussion.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2523830#Comment_2523830

    How about next time you then actually word your post to make it look like you actually want a discussion? I love how you constantly seem to try and crap on BHVR and when people then expose that, you play the victim card.

    "Boon totems:survivors need another objective we hear you killers But survivors are our business model🤑so here is something for killers to worry about😇"

    This obviously only makes it look like you are trying to push this idea that the devs only care for survivors. This has nothing to do with an actual discussion.

    "This obviously only makes it look like you are trying to push this idea that the devs only care for survivors."

    Well it's hard not to refute it really, New cosmetics, all Surv.

    Mori nerf, - instant so you cant use your stockpile. Key nerf - 1 year later and 5 weeks notice.

    Hexes random spots. Destroyed upon cleansing. Boon - where ever you like and you can reapply.

    Starting to see a trend here?

    I'd love to actually know the numbers on Surv mains Vs Killer mains.

  • A step in the right direction, although would have rather seen it killer sided and new objectives for survivors.

    Reminds me of when I got excited about special gens/hooks during events, then we got the flowers... Wasn't very thrilled because I expected more.

  • @Terrortot said:

    A step in the right direction, although would have rather seen it killer sided and new objectives for survivors.

    Reminds me of when I got excited about special gens/hooks during events, then we got the flowers... Wasn't very thrilled because I expected more.

    They are probably working on more advantages for scourge hooks.

    It seems like blessing a boon totem takes as much time as breaking a hex perk.🤔

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    The fact that they've been very quiet with details on the boon totems makes me think it is a half-baked idea to start with.

    It is odd no more news about what the boon perks are actually going to be.

  • I fear that while it might be quick to cleanse a Boon Totem, pity the poor Trapper or Hag who have to leave their trapped area to limp across the map in order to cleanse it - only to have it re-ignited as many times as the survivors want.

    In particular for those killers with slow movement speed, there is the potential to ruin games. I'd love more details!

  • @Bardon said:

    I fear that while it might be quick to cleanse a Boon Totem, pity the poor Trapper or Hag who have to leave their trapped area to limp across the map in order to cleanse it - only to have it re-ignited as many times as the survivors want.

    In particular for those killers with slow movement speed, there is the potential to ruin games. I'd love more details!

    It depends on how long the buff stays active...the update said a safe haven so they would have to hang around the same area for while.

  • @mouse0270 said:

    Here is my opinion on this, A boon perk needs to be strong enough to be useful to a survivor, but weak enough where a killer shouldn't matter if its up or not.

    For example: While in 8 meters of this boon healing actions are increased by 10/15/20% (or whatever).

    Can that be strong yes, but it would require the survivors running to that section of that map for that benefit. To be fair thats a bad example, but its also an example of something that wouldn't really hurt the killer to much if they didnt stomp out the boon. However if all 4 survivors were running it, it would become a lot stronger given that their could be up to four locations to recieve this benefit.

    I wonder if the boon totem will light up so the killer can go and pressure the survivors...survivor aura reading maybe?

  • @scorpio said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2524276#Comment_2524276

    You could just ignore them? I don’t understand why people are harassing them for making a thread. @Peanits or someone there is some weird stuff going on in this thread.

    There was no "harrassment", they were showing genuine concern for the OP.

  • I imagine there will be a cooldown on lighting the totem again, much like any means necessary. Being able to instantly relight something the killer has snuffed out will be too powerful since killer has to disregard other objectives to do it. I also wish people would stop saying the game is one-sided. There are changes to both sides in an attempt to bring balance. Not everyone will agree with these changes but that doesn't automatically make the devs have favorites. Honestly this community can never be satisfied.

  • @feechima said:

    I imagine there will be a cooldown on lighting the totem again, much like any means necessary. Being able to instantly relight something the killer has snuffed out will be too powerful since killer has to disregard other objectives to do it. I also wish people would stop saying the game is one-sided. There are changes to both sides in an attempt to bring balance. Not everyone will agree with these changes but that doesn't automatically make the devs have favorites. Honestly this community can never be satisfied.

    I wonder if the killer can change it back to their hex totem if it got blessed...say get their ruin back or haunted grounds.

    That might be to overpowered though 🤔

  • @Barbarossa2020 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2525683#Comment_2525683

    "This obviously only makes it look like you are trying to push this idea that the devs only care for survivors."

    Well it's hard not to refute it really, New cosmetics, all Surv.

    Mori nerf, - instant so you cant use your stockpile. Key nerf - 1 year later and 5 weeks notice.

    Hexes random spots. Destroyed upon cleansing. Boon - where ever you like and you can reapply.

    Starting to see a trend here?

    I'd love to actually know the numbers on Surv mains Vs Killer mains.

    I would think it is a substantial number to be trying to balance the game around casual survivors.

    Why else would they push cosmetics so hard or nerf the most "oppressive" killers they encounter?🤑

    The way boon totems are handled will show if it was deemed enough of a change.

‹ 1 2