If you could change anything in DbD, at all, what would it be? (Can be more than 1 thing)
Anything, add survivor / killer, remove survivor / killer, add / change abilities, perks, what would you change?
Edit: I would buff pig make the reverse bear traps immediatly activate, loud noise notification when someone starts removing.
Tagged:
Trusted
Comments
Only 1? Well, then I would change Dead by Daylight's owner and give the game to myself xD.
On a serious note tho, I would revert Freddy back to his on-release version. All other issues are secondary.
@generalv Changed the question to any instead of 1
Give Trickster the 115% base movement speed he deserves (while keeping the slower movement speed when he throws knives).
Make Spirit have counterplay so I can play her without people giving me ######### :)
I know people give you trouble for it. But honestly there anger is at spirit not you. Tho it may feel like it.
Well that’s even worse. Spirit doesn’t deserve the heat.
Then you are in for a ride!
-Revert Freddy back to his on-release version.
-Revert The Realm Beyond entirely.
-Revert Billy back to his old version.
-Revert Hex: Ruin back to its old version.
-Add menu customization.
-Delete the All-Kill Chapter.
-Bring Splinters back.
-Bring Moonlight offerings back.
-Delete Dead Dawg Saloon
And this list goes on and on. I am the most old-fashioned player this community has ever seen, so naturally I would change a lot of things.
1. Remove speed boost from NOED.
2.give the male survivors more varied cosmetics. Not just the same jeans and jackets (Jeff) suits and ties (Felix) Dwight and ace I feel like are the only ones who get varied cosmetics. And Adam sorta.
On the main menu it should show estimates for survivor or killer queue time.
Please.
Eh I'm gonna disagree with you there lol.
No she’s a cutie
Aside from anything that’s a given (optimization, balancing, perk adjustments) I guess making Surv gameplay more varied/fun.
i have several topics where I give suggestions to that: Expanded objectives, new items, and gimme my AI based pet perk (pet follows you around and has some functionality like making distracting scratch marks while you at ein chase)
@Mooks
Pet perk? Like a dog that can sniff out and destroy totems? (albeit much more slowly)
Maybe lead you to totems? There is a lot of potential in this idea
If I could only change one thing, remove Hillbilly's overheat. That change turned me from a 50/50 player who plays both sides into a survivor main who reluctantly plays killers for rift challenges (not because I "only played Hillbilly", because Hillbilly wasn't even my main he was my secondary, but I am too scared to have fun with another killer just to see them get nerfed down multiple tiers and become unfun for literally no reason).
Yeah something like that. Just have a small model that follows you around and has some animation and some kind of function like the sniffing for totems. Or in my suggestion make additional scratchmarks.
to avoid having 16 pets I guess limit it to one pet perk per survivor.
@Heartbound
That would be nice up to the point where the estimate is like time remaining on a steam download
the community, DBD community might the worst community i have ever dealt with, i do not understand how this community thinks its not toxic.
@TheGannMan
What kind of counterplay?
being able to tell when she is phasing?
Yes
@Maperson
Oh you mean chucky the doll?
The first thing I thought of was Chuck E. Cheese
@CheeseAnton
That would be nice
And that’s just for starters…
I would completely delete map offerings.
I'd make the grind of this game not so terrible. Something like just removing perk tiers. They don't need to exist anymore imo.
I'd also remove the BP max amount from matches. 8000 still marks the iri emblem, but you can earn more pointe after that.
Remove a lot of the useless fluff from the bloodweb.
Have BHVR optimize the ######### game.
Ability to sort of manipulate the bloodweb with offerings, maybe more likely to get Hex perks, items, add ons, offerings, so on, I want BBQ&C for myers, hes level 41, no BBQ&C, but I have so many strings of hair I could make a whole fragrant wig if I felt like it
Make all devs and players prioritize making the game enjoyable over all else.
Maybe then we'd see less sweat and more effort to make the game fun and stable instead of trying to balance it competitively.
@SoylentPixie
God I was once killed at exit gate because someone who saved me didnt have BT the guy who did have BT was just this side of too late and I got killed
Your list repeats the word "Revert" many times, and this brings a smile to my face :)
Remove Dead Dawg Saloon
WATJOO GOT AGAINST A COWBOI MAP!?!?!
I would change the edit tool in DBD forum's, so you can edit your own name,and make it so mods can review it before it can be changed,for approval.This would be a way to protect people from vulgar or derogatory names.
Or give you at least three tries for name changes.
Revert Freddy to his on-release power, with the Incapacitated status effect when in the Dream Transition, and revert Hillbilly's "minor tweaks" to have another go at reworking his add-ons. Maybe give Freddy the Dream Projection teleport too, with a cooldown that gets slower with each sleeping survivor, but that's a bit complicated.
Also, revert the Twins pounce cooldown nerf. Victor is still great at slugging and ironically all it does is incentivise slugging, as it makes downing and picking up a single survivor with Victor take even longer than it did before. People that didn't use the window to kick Victor before still do not use it, and the ones did use it are mostly unaffected by this change. All it does is make an already clunky killer even clunkier to play.
That's the minimum that I would do. These three deserve better, and unlike changes like "nerf spirit" BHVR are never going to do any of the changes above. That would require admitting they were wrong and that their statistics don't tell the whole story, which is essentially blasphemy.
I hate it.
I wish they removed rotten fields! but i ain't bitchin bout saloon!
Atleast saloon can grant me pallets unlike rotten fields... i'll get lost in that damn Corn...
I would make it so that you can lock unlocked teachables from appearing in the bloodweb. This is the only online game I’ve played where I feel like I can progress incorrectly and irreversibly
I highly believe her phasing not able to tell is a part of her kit.
I feel the problem is more on her short activation time with super high speed, makes survivors barely have anytime to react (to do any juke and mind game). Mind that if you're ~10m from her, she only need 2.9sec to reach to your position (1.5 activation + 1.4 traveling). With minus 1sec to react (notice she's start standing), you have 1.9sec. What will you do with that 1.9sec?
And that not even mention addon that decrease activation time & increase phasing speed.
Add offline bots.
I like it
Lmao makes sense since you’re the one i stole it from! 😂
@KerJuice
Just have the devs get a VCS (Version control system) and have them revert the game to 3 years ago
Why revert Ruin? The Ruin we have nowadays is much better than the old one, it literally only punished newer players and had little to no effect on better players
- Add back Killer POV chase music for Myers, Doc, Demo, Oni,
- Add back All Kill PTB menu music
- Add back unique event themes to Survivor menus
- Add back Winter Solstice (so I can finally level up Jeff after 3 years of me refusing to do so because I have Winter Party Starters and Winter Mystery Boxes in his bloof web..)
- Add my reworks of The Spirit, Myers, Trapper, Legion, Twins (and more to likely come)
- Add my Trial Rework (still a wip after 2 months...)
- Completely overhaul the bloodweb and economy
- Change to 2 or 3 from 4 chapters a year to have more time to fix bugs and make improvements
This is all I can think of atm, probably more Id do
Fix the utter lack of Candyman.
I would make Killers have a base X% chance to make Survivors drop items on attacks by default.
Changes i would made if i was able:
From survivors:
From killers:
Overall:
MB i forgot about something, but it's all that came into my mind.
1. Adding 1 more perk to both sides.
2. Making Ruin as a non-totem perk, so it could not be cleansed.
3. Introducing an option to choose a lobby mode: to play in/against a team or all random players, with no premade.
4. Introducing some new game mod.
Go over the cheapest killers to smooth out their balance
Return the fog
Give us back at least one Coldwind map set at night
Allow us to "sell back" unwanted bloodweb purchases for half price
Don't show map offerings on loading screen
Increase DC penalties
Bring back Pinhead's iconic line
Lower the cost of "legendary" skins so that buying a semi-extra character (Claire, Jonathan, etc.) doesn't cost three times the amount of the original character (or, when it's on sale, the cost of the entire game itself)
Fix killers being able to hit characters from around corners and several feet away from windows (er, uh, "latency")
Fix performance problems
Add more unique maps
Make map rotation more balanced and equal
Give facecamped survivors some extra BP to lessen frustration
Add bots / fully customizable offline matches
Make it easier to earn shards or lower shard costs
Do something about reported players that legitimately ruin the game for others, including some feedback to let us know that something has actually been done
Add an unhook rejection system
Add a universal way for killers to indicate "follow me"
Add more totems throughout the map
Do something to allow players to make more than half the BP on average that killers make
Redo the grade system to have four categories with five levels and just call the damn things "bronze, silver, gold, blood".
I think that's all for now, i have more ideas but they're more specific like changes to 1 Perk and if i included those this'd be way too long.
I want to rotate my killer in the lobby.