The DCing needs to stop

So I just recently had a game where I queued in as Spirit where I wanted to try out Hex: Plaything on her. Guess what happened though, I hit a survivor out of phase early in the match and first thing the survivor does is DC because I'm Spirit. Two other survivors ran to me and DCed after that. One survivor stayed and got hatch. They didn’t notice I was Spirit until end game chat so I guess they were solo.

Survivors, I don’t think that Spirit is the problem here, it's you for making games so much more stale and unfun and also ruining games for people that actually just want to play the game and have fun, like me and the Steve that decided not to rage quit. Here's the end game chat:

The chad survivor that didn’t DC: wtfffff

Survivor 1: lol

The chad survivor: what happened???

Me: survivors like that make this game more unfun than it needs to be

Survivor 1: would rather wait 5 mins than play against spirit

Me: dude quit being selfish

The chad survivor: HAHAHAHAHA

The chad survivor: #########

Me: you have bt adrenaline and iron will

The chad survivor: only because it’s spirit?

The chad survivor: u ok??

Me: ikr

The chad survivor: i

Survivor 2: tbh i just find spirit boring and unfun

Me: i dont

The chad survivor: thought it was a hacker

Me: just wanted to try out pinheads new perk on her

Survivor 2: i just prioritize my fun over others, call me selfish

The chad survivor: whay a baby

Survivor 2: gl in next

Survivor 3 was console so they couldn’t say anything.

Straight to the point, people like this just straight up ruin games and it needs to stop. I don’t care if you don’t like Spirit, DON’T DC. Not that you’re going to listen to me anyway because there will always be people like this but it’s really aggravating having to deal with this.

Sorry for the rant.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Maybe people are DCing more because theyre getting sick and frustrated with a game that is never fixed. Every update brings new or resurfaces old bugs.

    This was excusable when dbd was an indie low pop game, it feels like theyve tried to keep that atmosphere of a mom and pop operation but you cant do that anymore since the game has grown like it has.

    Dont get me wrong even big studios release broken and bugged games but at least its fixed in a year or two like EA games with battlefront 2 etc.

    DCing is linked to frustration (whether justified or not), people are obviously just getting frustrated more than usual for whatever reason both as both killef and survivor

  • A lot of little kids play this game to my surprise (I attribute a lot of camping and tunneling to them too, in addition to the DC’ng). Those of us who were in Red & Purple Ranks on the old system, didn’t encounter DC’ing on the same level as lower ranks (for who it was quite common). Now that SBMM has us teaming up more with these sucky players, we are seeing more ragequits and letting go on hooks for the littlest things. Entitled babies.

  • @Jasix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2495669#Comment_2495669

    I have yet to see you call out any killer mains in any of your posts - so - it's ok for killer mains to state their biased opinions, but not survivor mains?? Seems - a tad hypocritical.

    I call out every main and their bias because neither is conducive to an actual conversation. But hey - you do you :)

    Just now seeing this comment because of the flood of notifications. So yeah I guess you’re right, I’m totally biased towards killer and don’t care anything about survivor fun…

    4A0F98A7-5E0F-4895-9EE9-8391C86FE338.jpeg 7DC48F01-1BF1-41D2-9409-02D33DB625D8.jpeg D2749EFC-7813-4B7D-94E6-49A365961C7E.jpeg C79694BE-B96C-401C-BD6D-75B63BF020D1.jpeg E633422A-506C-479A-BC7A-001E2D54570D.jpeg 59FE20A1-8FA6-4E5A-B164-82240C483107.jpeg

    Again, very biased towards killer and I want survivors to have nothing good…

  • It's not my duty or responsibility to play against spirit or other killers i don't like. If bhvr refuses to acknowledge issues with spirit design and little amount of counterplay she has then players find the another way how to deal with unfun killers

    Ok another option someone mentions here LoL so implement ban system so survivors will be able to ban 2 killers. It will be better for everyone including killer players

  • @NerfedFreddy said:

    It's not my duty or responsibility to play against spirit or other killers i don't like. If bhvr refuses to acknowledge issues with spirit design and little amount of counterplay she has then players find the another way how to deal with unfun killers

    Ok another option someone mentions here LoL so implement ban system so survivors will be able to ban 2 killers. It will be better for everyone including killer players

    I’m really getting tired of arguing with people like you. DCing doesn’t help you get better at the game and it makes your gaming experience and everyone else’s gaming experience worse doing that. Just play the damn game.

  • Can’t say I’m surprised they dc’d against a Spirit. I get a lot of dc’s against Twins, even though I don’t even play like the scummy type Twins that leave Victor at the hook.

  • I never said you didn't make comments about killers at all... What I said was you like to call out survivor mains and do not do the same for killer mains. So you posted a few threads from 5 months - a quick glance at your post history reveals for the past month not one comment about killer mains but....

    survmains.PNG survmains2.PNG survmains3.PNG survmains4.PNG survmains5.PNG

    For the most part your posts are lighthearted and neutral, but you do like to call out survivors way more than killers.

  • DC is an issue, yes. Once a survivor DCs it makes the game 25% harder. Then again once I see it is Pinhead I want to DC or die on hook. Pinhead is more annoying than The Trickster. Another issue that needs to be dressed is Camping and Tunneling. I've seen survivors DC because the killer tunneled them off the hook. Killers need to grow a set and earn their hook kills

  • @NerfedFreddy said:

    It's not my duty or responsibility to play against spirit or other killers i don't like. If bhvr refuses to acknowledge issues with spirit design and little amount of counterplay she has then players find the another way how to deal with unfun killers

    Ok another option someone mentions here LoL so implement ban system so survivors will be able to ban 2 killers. It will be better for everyone including killer players

    That's a great idea (eyeroll) - and anyone who has "banned" killers they do not want to face will be pushed further down in the queue - while players who don't do this take priority in matches since they are willing to play the actual game no matter who they are facing. While we are at it - let's have the game push people out who have selected certain maps never to play on as well. So you can have fun playing against Trapper on MacMillan to your hearts content. Oooh and we can have it so you won't face killers who run certain perks too!

  • If as a survivor you dc, the only person who you are helping is the killer, other 3 survivors hate you.

    Oh he tunnels and camps, better dc.

    Congratulations, you just made a camper win instead of equipping Kindred and watch him get genrushed.

  • @Jasix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2496532#Comment_2496532

    I never said you didn't make comments about killers at all... What I said was you like to call out survivor mains and do not do the same for killer mains. So you posted a few threads from 5 months - a quick glance at your post history reveals for the past month not one comment about killer mains but....

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/BE3F3C0B3YPU/survmains-png.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/PR5AZFNGLCVL/survmains2-png.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/M1CB4VWJ8NJO/survmains3-png.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/BRDECARI8MCO/survmains4-png.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/D5PYIFWZ2M9H/survmains5-png.png

    For the most part your posts are lighthearted and neutral, but you do like to call out survivors way more than killers.

    Listen I have a bit of Lord_Tony in me where I just have a strong hatred for survivor main egos. Also from my experience, I see way more survivors than killers acting that way. I can assure you I do play survivor about as much and I understand that there are issues on both sides.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2496592#Comment_2496592

    Listen I have a bit of Lord_Tony in me where I just have a strong hatred for survivor main egos. Also from my experience, I see way more survivors than killers acting that way. I can assure you I do play survivor about as much and I understand that there are issues on both sides.

    I get that... I am very much against all mains as they generally bring nothing to the conversation except entitlement, exaggerated claims, and circular inanity.

  • i really dont like when Survivors or Killers DC just for non reason. But whats is the most annoying is the rule of some survivors - first knocked down = Dc before being on hook.

    It just doesnt matter if the killer is Wraith or Spirit or Nurse. Some survivors just do this.

  • @acharliet said:

    i really dont like when Survivors or Killers DC just for non reason. But whats is the most annoying is the rule of some survivors - first knocked down = Dc before being on hook.

    It just doesnt matter if the killer is Wraith or Spirit or Nurse. Some survivors just do this.

    I completed the "escape 4 trials" Tome challenge last night. In one of my matches, had a survivor DC very early into the match for whatever reason. Thought to myself, "I guess I'm not escaping this match." I didn't escape that match, haha.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2496417#Comment_2496417

    No one is attacking you. You’re talking in a way that’s being condescending and trying to defend a ######### move that isn’t a tactic in the game. People have a right to argue with you about that.

    i never said that i was attacked, but again with the tactics ? So because bhvr made a post on what's toxic and not we have to accept toxic behaviour? And dc or self kill is not a tactic, its a bye bye, i'm not gonna waste my time and give you more bp then needed in this game. Lets all just keep not adressing the WHY people dc, and that why i call people shlls....they tend to avoid the problem and come up with there own nonsens. And offcourse you can argue, but you and me blaming each other is not gonna stop people from ending a game they dont like. This toxic behaviour is well discussed on all platforms so nothing new, look at pages from killers.....endles lists with comments like, tunneling...camper...toxic....fix this and you wont need a dc penalty

  • The DC penalty goes up like every 5 DCs or so. Starts at 5 minutes, then goes to 15, then 30, then 1 hour, then 6 hours and keeps incrementing.

    As for Dcing against Spirit, it should just be expected. Spirit has been broke since it arrived and has no counterplay, no matter what people say. Move on to next game cause the mentality won't change til Spirit is fixed.

  • @GannTM said:

    So I just recently had a game where I queued in as Spirit where I wanted to try out Hex: Plaything on her. Guess what happened though, I hit a survivor out of phase early in the match and first thing the survivor does is DC because I'm Spirit. Two other survivors ran to me and DCed after that. One survivor stayed and got hatch. They didn’t notice I was Spirit until end game chat so I guess they were solo.

    Survivors, I don’t think that Spirit is the problem here, it's you for making games so much more stale and unfun and also ruining games for people that actually just want to play the game and have fun, like me and the Steve that decided not to rage quit. Here's the end game chat:

    The chad survivor that didn’t DC: wtfffff

    Survivor 1: lol

    The chad survivor: what happened???

    Me: survivors like that make this game more unfun than it needs to be

    Survivor 1: would rather wait 5 mins than play against spirit

    Me: dude quit being selfish

    The chad survivor: HAHAHAHAHA

    The chad survivor: #########

    Me: you have bt adrenaline and iron will

    The chad survivor: only because it’s spirit?

    The chad survivor: u ok??

    Me: ikr

    The chad survivor: i

    Survivor 2: tbh i just find spirit boring and unfun

    Me: i dont

    The chad survivor: thought it was a hacker

    Me: just wanted to try out pinheads new perk on her

    Survivor 2: i just prioritize my fun over others, call me selfish

    The chad survivor: whay a baby

    Survivor 2: gl in next

    Survivor 3 was console so they couldn’t say anything.

    Straight to the point, people like this just straight up ruin games and it needs to stop. I don’t care if you don’t like Spirit, DON’T DC. Not that you’re going to listen to me anyway because there will always be people like this but it’s really aggravating having to deal with this.

    Sorry for the rant.

    As it seems that was a one time kind of thing.

    If it is more console players dcing it might be due to the issues that they're rightfully sick of after enduring it for nearly whole 2021. Though I don't feel like there is an increase.

  • @JohnnyB87 said:

    The DC penalty goes up like every 5 DCs or so. Starts at 5 minutes, then goes to 15, then 30, then 1 hour, then 6 hours and keeps incrementing.

    As for Dcing against Spirit, it should just be expected. Spirit has been broke since it arrived and has no counterplay, no matter what people say. Move on to next game cause the mentality won't change til Spirit is fixed.

    People still shouldn’t Dc. It’s not like DS Unbreakable Dead Hard Borrowed Time is fun to go against either yet a lot of survivors that complain about Spirit seem to run that build. It still shouldn’t give killers incentives to DC either.

  • Going to stop in with a quick reminder, remember to keep the comments civil and respectful, please. You can disagree and comment without attacking one another.

    Also remember, the encouragement or endorsement of Unsportsmanlike Conduct (DCing) is against Forum rules, please be careful not to do so.

  • I had a match today. Myers on Badham I manage to hit one survivor right out of tier 1. And then 2 people DC then a third then the Adam I was chasing gave up and DC'd too. Keep in mind this was a hit not a down or Tombstone within 30 second's.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2496121#Comment_2496121

    Oh my ######### god I am not calling out every survivor. If I was, I wouldn’t have called the Steve a chad.

    Gann you can't say survivors are bad or they all get twisted about it. Just get on the killer Freight Train and don't look back. Arguing with walls does no good.

  • @Sadsnacks said:

    I dcd twice today. Once as killer because i had a ttv in my lobby and they were all playing super sweaty and i knew i wasnt going to have any fun at all.

    Another time as survivor because i got a camping ghostface who was just hooking people then going around a corner and going into stealth mode to wait for the rescuer.

    Aint nobody got time for any of that. Im here to have fun not get bullied, on either side as killer or survivor.

    You couldn’t just lobby dodge instead?

  • Oh so im supposed to have psychic powers and know exactly which lobbies are going to be toxic or not? Get real

  • It was somewhat understandable with forever Freddy but now Freddy is just average at anything he does unfortunately

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2496592#Comment_2496592

    Listen I have a bit of Lord_Tony in me where I just have a strong hatred for survivor main egos. Also from my experience, I see way more survivors than killers acting that way. I can assure you I do play survivor about as much and I understand that there are issues on both sides.

    In general there are more survivors though. For every 1 killer you meet there is 4 survivors so it only makes sense to see more toxic survivors.

  • @toastcrusher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2495986#Comment_2495986

    never had that happen, but its possible, even possible that someone had to take a call or open the door....and who knows maybe his game crashed. my experience is that when i see people dc then i always find out verry fast why.

    @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2495973#Comment_2495973

    Omg this comment is filled with false information it’s insane.

    “People don’t DC or kill themselves on hook on hook because get hit once or don’t like the killer.” -Well this statement was contradicted in your next paragraph so now this is meaningless. And the survivors I went against DID DC on their first hit and because I was Spirit.

    Quit defending DCs like survivors don’t abuse them. It’s not right, it does ruin games for others and if you don’t see that, then you’re admitting something you don’t wanna admit about yourself.

    If the majority of survivors unanimously decided to DC every time they see a Spirit, us Spirit players will literally never be able to play the game. I love Spirit, I want to enjoy her. I understand why you people don’t like her but please just quit doing the small PP move.

    Fun fact, roughly two years ago I played one of my first 10 games with spirit (in games hours less than 200). See one survivor with old object of obsession and less than 10 seconds later all 4 of them quit.

    Fun fact 2 at that point I had already decided to stop playing for kills and instead for bbq stacks and max points (8hooks) while no killing. So running away from hooked survivor and ignoring freshly unhooked ones.

    Truly fascinating how they knew that i am a jerk when playing killer right? /S

  • Fact: Spirit is not fun to go against, specially with 1 of her iri addons, please note this.

  • and I don't want to play killers who are not fun to go against, AKA. dick-head, Trickster, Spirit... Do I seriously have to say why&how many of these killers are not fun?

  • @HPhoenix said:

    "Survivor 1: would rather wait 5 mins than play against spirit"

    There are times when I wonder if they should increase the DC penalties to 10 minutes rather than 5. You could argue that the person that just DC won't do it again, Sure, but having 10 minute at the start will stop the "It's just 5 minutes" mentality. But that just me.

    ok then they will be "It's just 10 minutes" mentality, or just kill themselves on hook, easy dc, tho no endorsement of dcing pls.

  • @jadss said:

    Fact: Spirit is not fun to go against, specially with 1 of her iri addons, please note this.

    @jadss said:

    and I don't want to play killers who are not fun to go against, AKA. dick-head, Trickster, Spirit... Do I seriously have to say why&how many of these killers are not fun?

    @jadss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2495688#Comment_2495688

    ok then they will be "It's just 10 minutes" mentality, or just kill themselves on hook, easy dc.

    Then tell me does this look like fun?

    20210819_235918_HDR~2.jpg

    And I mean their intention.

    I didn't really lose because of their strategy but because I suck with blight, played on haddonfield and thought of trying to get adept while learning the killer (3rd game with blight). Also my rank should be purple or higher but i didn't climb back up after the rank reset bug in May (why should I when I can farm BP relaxed down there😜).

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2498154#Comment_2498154

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2498179#Comment_2498179

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2498180#Comment_2498180

    Then tell me does this look like fun?

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/DQKAQUQBIB2T/20210819-235918-hdr-7e2.jpg

    And I mean their intention.

    I didn't really lose because of their strategy but because I suck with blight, played on haddonfield and thought of trying to get adept while learning the killer (3rd game with blight). Also my rank should be purple or higher but i didn't climb back up after the rank reset bug in May (why should I when I can farm BP relaxed down there😜).

    Honestly I love fighting sabo squads. 10x better than immersive players

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2498188#Comment_2498188

    Honestly I love fighting sabo squads. 10x better than immersive players

    Challenge wise maybe but when I as a killer already try to play fair and then get denied at every opportunity than it is just another bullysquad in my eyes.

    And I forgot to mention that i sucked so hard with blight that their strategy never came to pass or they were at least so fair as to drop it.

    I only saw what they had intended afterwards but speed wise they never let up. That's why they only manage barely 20k at most when i only got 2 hooks and they could've drawn the game out especially with 2 cakes.

    Those made me hopeful that i would get either noobs or chill people since a double pip is already manageable at those ranks by drawing out a trial without killing anyone. (Also a reason is stayed down there).

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2498193#Comment_2498193

    Challenge wise maybe but when I as a killer already try to play fair and then get denied at every opportunity than it is just another bullysquad in my eyes.

    And I forgot to mention that i sucked so hard with blight that their strategy never came to pass or they were at least so fair as to drop it.

    I only saw what they had intended afterwards but speed wise they never let up. That's why they only manage barely 20k at most when i only got 2 hooks and they could've drawn the game out especially with 2 cakes.

    Those made me hopeful that i would get either noobs or chill people since a double pip is already manageable at those ranks by drawing out a trial without killing anyone. (Also a reason is stayed down there).

    I just find interacting with the survivors more fun than barely seeing them at all. Sabo squads are also generally less challenging then your average rush gen squads

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2498154#Comment_2498154

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2498179#Comment_2498179

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2498180#Comment_2498180

    Then tell me does this look like fun?

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/DQKAQUQBIB2T/20210819-235918-hdr-7e2.jpg

    And I mean their intention.

    I didn't really lose because of their strategy but because I suck with blight, played on haddonfield and thought of trying to get adept while learning the killer (3rd game with blight). Also my rank should be purple or higher but i didn't climb back up after the rank reset bug in May (why should I when I can farm BP relaxed down there😜).

    You just got outplayed, what can I say xD

  • A: "I really hate going against specific killers."

    B: "I really hate going against specific survivors."

    A: "Get gud baby"

  • @Sickerton said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2498230#Comment_2498230

    A: "I really hate going against specific killers."

    B: "I really hate going against specific survivors."

    A: "Get gud baby"

    C: "I got outplayed because I didn't expect such play-style or just got demolished, idk"

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2498205#Comment_2498205

    I just find interacting with the survivors more fun than barely seeing them at all. Sabo squads are also generally less challenging then your average rush gen squads

    Well that is true but Sabo squads are mostly either mediocre/bad players that just saw something in a stream or yt video and want to try it or the hardcore bullysquad.

    While i say that i guess my case was neither since they were efficient on gens but also had a premade plan with a designated totemhunter to boot.

  • @jadss said:

    Fact: Spirit is not fun to go against, specially with 1 of her iri addons, please note this.

    Ok neither is survivor meta perks that survivors always bring. Should killers be allowed to DC because of that?

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2496861#Comment_2496861

    People still shouldn’t Dc. It’s not like DS Unbreakable Dead Hard Borrowed Time is fun to go against either yet a lot of survivors that complain about Spirit seem to run that build. It still shouldn’t give killers incentives to DC either.

    Very few players run that combo anymore and it's not even hard to play against.

  • I never dc but spirit is the one killer I refuse to vs. I will just run to her, let her kill me.

    She needs counterplay. Nerfing Stridor they missed the point. It wasnt that she could find you too easy, its you cant tell at all what shes doing.

  • @gammatsunami said:

    I never dc but spirit is the one killer I refuse to vs. I will just run to her, let her kill me.

    How about you stop? This is the reason people like me that enjoy Spirit can’t have fun.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2498952#Comment_2498952

    How about you stop? This is the reason people like me that enjoy Spirit can’t have fun.

    I have to not have fun so you can have fun? You get 100% of the fun while I get 0?

    You have fun because shes a broken killer with no counterplay. If she had an indicator on whats she is doing and you couldnt ROLFM stomp survivors I bet you wouldnt have as much fun would you?


    Atleast I dont DC, you get a free easy kill.

  • @gammatsunami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2498956#Comment_2498956

    I have to not have fun so you can have fun? You get 100% of the fun while I get 0?

    It’s not just me that you’re ######### over, it’s also your teammates. This is one of the reasons solo q sucks. No one is entitled to have a fun match every single time. I get Haddonfield at times when I play killer. It does suck but I’ll still play it out.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2498964#Comment_2498964

    It’s not just me that you’re ######### over, it’s also your teammates. This is one of the reasons solo q sucks. No one is entitled to have a fun match every single time. I get Haddonfield at times when I play killer. It does suck but I’ll still play it out.

    So do I.

    Spirit is literally broken and is not fun to go against. I also liked playing her, she is one of the killers I have the most outfits on but even a real 4k as her feels cheap so I dont use her anymore. Its not are you good as her, its how good are your headphones / hearing. Feels cheap.

  • I dont DC or kill myself on first hook, but i get why they do it. The last 2 days i had pretty much nothing else then sweaty Spirit, Nurse and Deathslingers and at some point it makes you tired.


    There is a quick reminder: Its never the customers fault. They are who they are and blaming them is not the way to go. Devs have the responsibility to take care of a problem if there is one.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2496279#Comment_2496279

    It was somewhat understandable with forever Freddy but now Freddy is just average at anything he does unfortunately

    I think DCing because you didn't like someone else's build or character is just wrong.

    The only exceptions are when bugs and other unintended features come into play, such as Infinite Mending Legion or that weird glitch with Breakdown.

1 2 3 ›