The DCing needs to stop

So I just recently had a game where I queued in as Spirit where I wanted to try out Hex: Plaything on her. Guess what happened though, I hit a survivor out of phase early in the match and first thing the survivor does is DC because I'm Spirit. Two other survivors ran to me and DCed after that. One survivor stayed and got hatch. They didn’t notice I was Spirit until end game chat so I guess they were solo.

Survivors, I don’t think that Spirit is the problem here, it's you for making games so much more stale and unfun and also ruining games for people that actually just want to play the game and have fun, like me and the Steve that decided not to rage quit. Here's the end game chat:

The chad survivor that didn’t DC: wtfffff

Survivor 1: lol

The chad survivor: what happened???

Me: survivors like that make this game more unfun than it needs to be

Survivor 1: would rather wait 5 mins than play against spirit

Me: dude quit being selfish

The chad survivor: HAHAHAHAHA

The chad survivor: #########

Me: you have bt adrenaline and iron will

The chad survivor: only because it’s spirit?

The chad survivor: u ok??

Me: ikr

The chad survivor: i

Survivor 2: tbh i just find spirit boring and unfun

Me: i dont

The chad survivor: thought it was a hacker

Me: just wanted to try out pinheads new perk on her

Survivor 2: i just prioritize my fun over others, call me selfish

The chad survivor: whay a baby

Survivor 2: gl in next

Survivor 3 was console so they couldn’t say anything.

Straight to the point, people like this just straight up ruin games and it needs to stop. I don’t care if you don’t like Spirit, DON’T DC. Not that you’re going to listen to me anyway because there will always be people like this but it’s really aggravating having to deal with this.

Sorry for the rant.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • i mean they DCed so they get the penalty and if they DC for a certain killer they probably DC for other tiny unimportant things so their DC penalty must be 24h by now. Honestly it's selfish and stupid from them but just move on to the next match and have fun ^^

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2495754#Comment_2495754

    Which is why the DC timer should be upped!

    "You will never stop people doing something they (do not) want to do"- that's why we put in larger DC timers so less people have to deal with this and gives incentives to stay in the game.

    Her DC rate is so high because people automatically assume it's a loss. They assume every spirit is a god spirit. And they DC because they think they've already lost. Contrary to popular belief, most spirits suck ass. They aren't that great and bully people who don't know what to do against her. I probably have a 50% winrate against her (5% chance for deviation)( a win in my book is that I pip/double pip).

    The same used to be for nurse, so many people used to DC the second nurse was in play even after her nerf. However, most nurses rn are just baby nurses.

    I care about winning primarily, but if I lose a close game or something funny happens it's also fine with me.

    The only thing I hate is stomping/being stomped. And DC'ing early ensures this basically.

    That doesn't make me a tryhard, it just means my metric for fun is different to yours.

    I mean you can up the timer as much as you want, i die on first hook so it won't even affect me. Like i said, work out why spirit's DC rate is so high. There is clearly a problem..

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2495754#Comment_2495754

    Which is why the DC timer should be upped!

    "You will never stop people doing something they (do not) want to do"- that's why we put in larger DC timers so less people have to deal with this and gives incentives to stay in the game.

    Her DC rate is so high because people automatically assume it's a loss. They assume every spirit is a god spirit. And they DC because they think they've already lost. Contrary to popular belief, most spirits suck ass. They aren't that great and bully people who don't know what to do against her. I probably have a 50% winrate against her (5% chance for deviation)( a win in my book is that I pip/double pip).

    The same used to be for nurse, so many people used to DC the second nurse was in play even after her nerf. However, most nurses rn are just baby nurses.

    I care about winning primarily, but if I lose a close game or something funny happens it's also fine with me.

    The only thing I hate is stomping/being stomped. And DC'ing early ensures this basically.

    That doesn't make me a tryhard, it just means my metric for fun is different to yours.

    People DC against spirit because they don’t enjoy fighting her. It’s not fun having no info to use during a chase.

  • No clue why people DC on purpose - seems silly to me. In my chan when someone DCs on purpose a random gif plays to signify their inanity and temper tantrum. Here's a few of the ones that randomly plays - pretty much sums up what I think people who DC on purpose are like:

    ohveruca.gif tv-smash.gif tempertantrum.gif flipit.gif


  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2495769#Comment_2495769

    People DC against spirit because they don’t enjoy fighting her. It’s not fun having no info to use during a chase.

    Still doesn’t warrant a DC.

  • I think the first penalty should be 15 minutes instead. It's not too long so it doesn't punish people who have urgencies but it's not so short that you can just rage quit, go to the toilet and come back for the queue.

  • Well the person clearly isn’t having fun so why should anyone care if they leave?

    Even if they don’t leave they’ll probably just suicide or throw the match. I’ve seen it happen a lot especially in match against certain killers. If you don’t give them one option they’ll just do the next best thing

  • Imagine DCing because you didn't like the killer smh.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2495837#Comment_2495837

    Well the person clearly isn’t having fun so why should anyone care if they leave?

    Even if they don’t leave they’ll probably just suicide or throw the match. I’ve seen it happen a lot especially in match against certain killers. If you don’t give them one option they’ll just do the next best thing

    If the penalty is irrelevant, then there's no reason to change it. Yet, DCers come to the forum constantly to rally against it.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2495837#Comment_2495837

    Well the person clearly isn’t having fun so why should anyone care if they leave?

    Even if they don’t leave they’ll probably just suicide or throw the match. I’ve seen it happen a lot especially in match against certain killers. If you don’t give them one option they’ll just do the next best thing

    Yeah they got hit once and then decided they weren’t having fun. That’s in no way excusable.

  • @GeneralV said:

    Imagine DCing because you didn't like the killer smh.

    You being a Freddy main and me being a Spirit main, I’m sure we’ve both dealt with that many times.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2495858#Comment_2495858

    If the penalty is irrelevant, then there's no reason to change it. Yet, DCers come to the forum constantly to rally against it.

    I never said to change it. Fact is it doesn’t stop people from suiciding/throwing matches which is essentially the same thing if not worse since they might actively hinder the team by helping the killer

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2495858#Comment_2495858

    Yeah they got hit once and then decided they weren’t having fun. That’s in no way excusable.

    I’ll agree that case is a bit extreme but I personally have no issue with anyone DCing because they are not having fun in the match. This isn’t a serious game to me so the match outcome doesn’t matter.

    if you have a problem with it then fair enough but people will always dc for any reason they see fit and they have a right to do it. They bought the game after all

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2495888#Comment_2495888

    I never said to change it. Fact is it doesn’t stop people from suiciding/throwing matches which is essentially the same thing if not worse since they might actively hinder the team by helping the killer

    Throwing is throwing. Hardly matters whether someone gives up in a football match by throwing a tantrum and walking off the field (DCing), getting a red card (suicide), or scoring own goals (actively helping the killer), the result is the same: the team loses because of one person who can't deal with the fact that not every game will go according to plan.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2495939#Comment_2495939

    Throwing is throwing. Hardly matters whether someone gives up in a football match by throwing a tantrum and walking off the field (DCing), getting a red card (suicide), or scoring own goals (actively helping the killer), the result is the same: the team loses because of one person who can't deal with the fact that not every game will go according to plan.

    That’s exactly what I mean and why I don’t care about DCing in particular. If someone doesn’t want to play a match they won’t and this is why the dc penalty essentially does nothing imo.

    I’m not condoning it but I can at least understand why someone who isn’t having fun in a game might quit and do something they actually do find fun

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2495964#Comment_2495964

    That’s exactly what I mean and why I don’t care about DCing in particular. If someone doesn’t want to play a match they won’t and this is why the dc penalty essentially does nothing imo.

    I’m not condoning it but I can at least understand why someone who isn’t having fun in a game might quit and do something they actually do find fun

    And my point is that if you were right, DCers/quitters wouldn't be coming here to whine about the penalty. They'd just suicide or whatever.

  • @toastcrusher said:

    Here we go again....same people always defending the same #########....people dont dc or kill themself on the hook because they get hit once or dont like the killer.

    THEY dc because they are playing a complete a hole and when you've played long enough its easy to see what kind of killer your dealing with.

    And stop with the team bs....your team is facing the same a hole and will find out soon enough....most play solo and when 1 or 2 decide to leave in a match that was ALLREADY going nowhere except for the killers fun, then best be done with it.

    who the f do you think you are telling others what kind of games they want to play, instead of trying to blame the outcome, you should focus on the cause.

    If this was truely a big problem then BEhaviour should have done something about all the tunneling, camping and other unwanted play style

    Tbf some people do dc even before the killer shows their an A hole

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2495974#Comment_2495974

    And my point is that if you were right, DCers/quitters wouldn't be coming here to whine about the penalty. They'd just suicide or whatever.

    That’s more so people complaining that they have to throw/suicide instead of just DCing. It wastes more time for them and makes them have to play a match they don’t want to longer

  • @toastcrusher said:

    Here we go again....same people always defending the same #########....people dont dc or kill themself on the hook because they get hit once or dont like the killer.

    THEY dc because they are playing a complete a hole and when you've played long enough its easy to see what kind of killer your dealing with.

    And stop with the team bs....your team is facing the same a hole and will find out soon enough....most play solo and when 1 or 2 decide to leave in a match that was ALLREADY going nowhere except for the killers fun, then best be done with it.

    who the f do you think you are telling others what kind of games they want to play, instead of trying to blame the outcome, you should focus on the cause.

    If this was truely a big problem then BEhaviour should have done something about all the tunneling, camping and other unwanted play style

    "The killer found me first? DC!"

    How do you prevent these DCs, given that someone has to be found first?

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2495973#Comment_2495973

    Tbf some people do dc even before the killer shows their an A hole

    never had that happen, but its possible, even possible that someone had to take a call or open the door....and who knows maybe his game crashed. my experience is that when i see people dc then i always find out verry fast why.

  • @toastcrusher said:

    Here we go again....same people always defending the same #########....people dont dc or kill themself on the hook because they get hit once or dont like the killer.

    THEY dc because they are playing a complete a hole and when you've played long enough its easy to see what kind of killer your dealing with.

    And stop with the team bs....your team is facing the same a hole and will find out soon enough....most play solo and when 1 or 2 decide to leave in a match that was ALLREADY going nowhere except for the killers fun, then best be done with it.

    who the f do you think you are telling others what kind of games they want to play, instead of trying to blame the outcome, you should focus on the cause.

    If this was truely a big problem then BEhaviour should have done something about all the tunneling, camping and other unwanted play style

    Omg this comment is filled with false information it’s insane.

    “People don’t DC or kill themselves on hook on hook because get hit once or don’t like the killer.” -Well this statement was contradicted in your next paragraph so now this is meaningless. And the survivors I went against DID DC on their first hit and because I was Spirit.

    Quit defending DCs like survivors don’t abuse them. It’s not right, it does ruin games for others and if you don’t see that, then you’re admitting something you don’t wanna admit about yourself.

    If the majority of survivors unanimously decided to DC every time they see a Spirit, us Spirit players will literally never be able to play the game. I love Spirit, I want to enjoy her. I understand why you people don’t like her but please just quit doing the small PP move.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2495973#Comment_2495973

    "The killer found me first? DC!"

    How do you prevent these DCs, given that someone has to be found first?

    depending on the how....try to look at it from a survivor point at view, first 10sec of a game, a killer got you from behind with a 1 hit kill.....hmmmm not a gen popped and you didn't even take a step....or could take a step, imo i understand that someone like that thinks....f this. A killer player should atleast put in a litlle effort to make a game fun, not just go for easy kills and speedruns.

    in the situation i described a killer could have initionate a chase, a sort of heads up that he is coming if you not start running, but thats not always the case, and there you have it, problem reaction

  • @toastcrusher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2495991#Comment_2495991

    depending on the how....try to look at it from a survivor point at view, first 10sec of a game, a killer got you from behind with a 1 hit kill.....hmmmm not a gen popped and you didn't even take a step....or could take a step, imo i understand that someone like that thinks....f this. A killer player should atleast put in a litlle effort to make a game fun, not just go for easy kills and speedruns.

    in the situation i described a killer could have initionate a chase, a sort of heads up that he is coming if you not start running, but thats not always the case, and there you have it, problem reaction

    This has gotta be a joke. Please……tell me you’re joking. Please!

  • @toastcrusher said:

    Here we go again....same people always defending the same #########....people dont dc or kill themself on the hook because they get hit once or dont like the killer.

    THEY dc because they are playing a complete a hole and when you've played long enough its easy to see what kind of killer your dealing with.

    And stop with the team bs....your team is facing the same a hole and will find out soon enough....most play solo and when 1 or 2 decide to leave in a match that was ALLREADY going nowhere except for the killers fun, then best be done with it.

    who the f do you think you are telling others what kind of games they want to play, instead of trying to blame the outcome, you should focus on the cause.

    If this was truely a big problem then BEhaviour should have done something about all the tunneling, camping and other unwanted play style

    That is blatantly untrue it's known that a lot of players of this game dc at the slight hint they might lose or have to deal with something they don't like.

  • @toastcrusher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2495991#Comment_2495991

    depending on the how....try to look at it from a survivor point at view, first 10sec of a game, a killer got you from behind with a 1 hit kill.....hmmmm not a gen popped and you didn't even take a step....or could take a step, imo i understand that someone like that thinks....f this. A killer player should atleast put in a litlle effort to make a game fun, not just go for easy kills and speedruns.

    in the situation i described a killer could have initionate a chase, a sort of heads up that he is coming if you not start running, but thats not always the case, and there you have it, problem reaction

    So why is the killer responsible for making sure survivors who can't handle losing continue playing? Hell, does anyone (besides those survivors) even want them to continue playing (read: DCing/giving up)?

  • I don't usually D/C, but recently with the SBMM I killed myself on the hook against a Spirit.

    3 tunneling Spirits in a row. I always go in with a mindset of playing normally, but when a Killer is scarcely allowing my feet touch the ground after being unhooked, and tunneling through DS, I know I'm not going to get a chance to play the game. High level Spirit players have a reputation for tunneling, and they can take you out of the game so fast. I admit, after 4-5 matches like that one tends to get frustrated and bitter.

    I usually hate it when team mates D/C as it screws the rest of us over, but I can understand being absolutely fed up and not wanting to entertain players like that for one more second that you have to.


    Not saying OP plays like that or anything. But a LOT of Spirit players do. A lot. Every one is human and this game can get to the most chill of people.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2495973#Comment_2495973

    Omg this comment is filled with false information it’s insane.

    “People don’t DC or kill themselves on hook on hook because get hit once or don’t like the killer.” -Well this statement was contradicted in your next paragraph so now this is meaningless. And the survivors I went against DID DC on their first hit and because I was Spirit.

    Quit defending DCs like survivors don’t abuse them. It’s not right, it does ruin games for others and if you don’t see that, then you’re admitting something you don’t wanna admit about yourself.

    If the majority of survivors unanimously decided to DC every time they see a Spirit, us Spirit players will literally never be able to play the game. I love Spirit, I want to enjoy her. I understand why you people don’t like her but please just quit doing the small PP move.

    Both sides do DC though. How many huntress’ and Billy’s do you see dc on indoor maps? While this is fine imo it still does ruin the match for survivors who might have waited a long time for said match

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2495973#Comment_2495973

    Omg this comment is filled with false information it’s insane.

    “People don’t DC or kill themselves on hook on hook because get hit once or don’t like the killer.” -Well this statement was contradicted in your next paragraph so now this is meaningless. And the survivors I went against DID DC on their first hit and because I was Spirit.

    Quit defending DCs like survivors don’t abuse them. It’s not right, it does ruin games for others and if you don’t see that, then you’re admitting something you don’t wanna admit about yourself.

    If the majority of survivors unanimously decided to DC every time they see a Spirit, us Spirit players will literally never be able to play the game. I love Spirit, I want to enjoy her. I understand why you people don’t like her but please just quit doing the small PP move.

    it ruins the game for others hey...didn't you read my comment? the players who starts to ruin the game is the killer, he is the one that makes or breaks a game....and i'm not talking about your swf's...they dont just dc

  • @toastcrusher said:

    excactly what i was expecting, the same shills in attack mode....love it

    DBD has shills?

  • @toastcrusher said:

    it doesnt mather what you or anyone inculding me thinks, if a player plays a game where he is way overpowered, then he will leave, on the hook or faster by dc-ing

    if you main killers dont like that, well maybe look at the game handed to you....are you facing potato's like me...then take it a litlle slower, and take your time finishing them of, let them do some gens, who knows, all of them before you slaughter them....that way does potates got a feeling they almost had it

    I'm a survivor main. I get annoyed by survivors DCing because it almost inevitably leads to me taking the hatch, instead of having a fun trial.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2496046#Comment_2496046

    I'm a survivor main. I get annoyed by survivors DCing because it almost inevitably leads to me taking the hatch, instead of having a fun trial.

    we are not talking about the same matches, cause else you wouldn't get the hatch but you would be dead before you could even think about a fun game

  • @GrimoireWeiss said:

    I think the first penalty should be 15 minutes instead. It's not too long so it doesn't punish people who have urgencies but it's not so short that you can just rage quit, go to the toilet and come back for the queue.

    Not a bad idea but game crashes are a thing sadly. :I

  • @toastcrusher said:

    Here we go again....same people always defending the same #########....people dont dc or kill themself on the hook because they get hit once or dont like the killer.

    THEY dc because they are playing a complete a hole and when you've played long enough its easy to see what kind of killer your dealing with.

    And stop with the team bs....your team is facing the same a hole and will find out soon enough....most play solo and when 1 or 2 decide to leave in a match that was ALLREADY going nowhere except for the killers fun, then best be done with it.

    who the f do you think you are telling others what kind of games they want to play, instead of trying to blame the outcome, you should focus on the cause.

    If this was truely a big problem then BEhaviour should have done something about all the tunneling, camping and other unwanted play style

    One look at your post history shows you are a survivor main who refuses to accept other's opinions. Your bias is evident in the majority of your posts.

    Survivors DC all the time for a plethora of selfish and immature reasons. That's not to say killers don't also throw temper tantrums and rage DC - they do.

    You continually complain that killers don't allow you to have fun - uhh that's not their role. Their only objective is to stop survivors from completing gens any way they can. Generalizing what killers do or don't do is not conducive to an actual conversation. I am prolly one of the least sweatiest killers there is (Never camped or purposefully tunneled anyone) but it is not my job to make sure you have fun or survive. If I am facing an obvious potato - I go easier on them than someone who can loop well etc. BUT again - when push comes to shove - I will sacrifice you to the entity.

    Anyways back on topic - I actually wish the DC penalty escalated quicker - keep the first one the same because it can be a hiccup in internet etc - but after that - I say go straight to an hour - then 6 hours - then 24 hours. If people (survivors or killers) wanna throw a temper tantrum and do multiple DCs in a short time - I'll be happy they are blocked from playing for even more time. Better yet would be to implement a salt mine like F13 had - let the people who DC and throw temper tantrums play with one another.

  • @toastcrusher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2495991#Comment_2495991

    depending on the how....try to look at it from a survivor point at view, first 10sec of a game, a killer got you from behind with a 1 hit kill.....hmmmm not a gen popped and you didn't even take a step....or could take a step, imo i understand that someone like that thinks....f this. A killer player should atleast put in a litlle effort to make a game fun, not just go for easy kills and speedruns.

    in the situation i described a killer could have initionate a chase, a sort of heads up that he is coming if you not start running, but thats not always the case, and there you have it, problem reaction

    Wow, really? Why should a killer put in effort to make the game fun for survivors? I haven't seen survivors who put in effort to make the game fun for killers. The second they see a gen, they're on it. The second they see ruin, they're on it.


    You're not responsible for the fun of the other side whether you're playing killer or survivor. I don't expect a killer to give me hatch and I also don't expect a survivor to grant me a free kill.

  • @toastcrusher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2496004#Comment_2496004

    it ruins the game for others hey...didn't you read my comment? the players who starts to ruin the game is the killer, he is the one that makes or breaks a game....and i'm not talking about your swf's...they dont just dc

    So it’s illegal to play as Spirit is what you’re saying?

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2495880#Comment_2495880

    You being a Freddy main and me being a Spirit main, I’m sure we’ve both dealt with that many times.

    So much so that I've lost count long ago.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2496032#Comment_2496032

    So it’s illegal to play as Spirit is what you’re saying?

    In soloQ it's illegal but vs SWF Spirit it's fine

  • I've faced a couple Spirits, i honestly don't have anything bad to say about them. I was mostly outrunning their first aproach with Sprint Burst to see if they gave up on me, most did. Those who persisted i made sure to avoid grass and i doubled back a bit, other times i'd just shift W from loop to loop prioritizing window vaults from inside the loop to the outside so i could progress to the next and try to waste their power and time.

  • As someone who plays killer and survivor equally, I think people who DC in general are just babies and deserve higher and higher time penalties and/or being sent to the Salt system some people here brought up earlier.


    I don't care who the killer is or how bad your luck is, survivor DCs just make the game less fun for literally everyone else. Once you catch on to how killers tend to play at different levels and how certain killers are often used, you can figure out ways to play against them, some like Spirit just take more effort than others.


    On the killer side, I sympathize slightly more since Rank 1 four team swfs can be so toxic and infuriating, but once you observe how the patterns of those kinds of groups tend to play, you can also catch on and take them down even though it may be a way closer game than it would against say 4 solo queues. I have no pity for Killers who quit based on Map though, it's no better than Survivors who quit based on Killer, actually worse. Especially since at this point Killers have the advantage of basically being able to expect most survivors to have DS, BT, DH, and some other perk like Unbreakable or Deliverance


    If you go in as Survivor, you should prepare to face any killer. If you go in as Killer, you should prepare to face any sort of Survivor group and map. Simple as that in my perspective, then again I don't struggle against Spirits as much as a lot of other people on this forum seem to, and I tend to not bother playing Killers that can be absolutely crippled based on map alone, so maybe I'm just having a different experience but that's my two cents

  • @toastcrusher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2496098#Comment_2496098

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2496098#Comment_2496098

    shall we talk aout your history? neh lets not do that, but lets just say i missed you in the group of sh...oops cant say that word they remove it again....but lets get on with your comment, about the role and blah blah....first of all its a game, people play games to have fun...second, the thing that all killers seem to mix up, its your role as a killer to make sure that survivors dont get out the exit gate, not to let them not play the game, a good killer has all survivors on deathhook before the last gen pops, without camping and tunneling....but thats the issue, camping and tunneling and speedruns are the way to go now, outcome is that people dc or die on first hook....weird he

    Yes let's discuss my post history. I play 50/50 and call out mains from both sides for their hyperbole and vitriol. I use statistics I have gathered over 5 years of playing this game as the basis for my "opinion." Insinuating someone is in cahoots with BHVR simply because they don't agree with your extremely biased opinion is the epitome of childishness and inanity. Your assumption about my gameplay is so off it is sad. I don't camp. I don't tunnel. I don't use NOED. I don't use Decisive or Deadhard EVER. I don't care about how many kills I get - I care about having fun. Heck some matches I just goof off with Pig and Legion.. so don't come in here assuming you know ANYTHING about how I play. What I stated was factual though - NO ONE has a duty to make sure anyone else has fun in this game aside from themselves. You may not agree with what some people consider fun, but that doesn't matter because you do not get to dictate to anyone how they SHOULD have fun. You have these rules on what you think a killer should and should not do - then go play killer! I don't tell anyone how they should play - you play how you want - you bring whatever perks, items, addons you want - because you paid for the game just like everyone else. If you wanna hide in lockers 90% of the game - knock yourself out. If you want to camp and tunnel - more power to you.

    What makes you the authority on how this game SHOULD be played? If you don't like the way people play you can either disconnect, die on hook, or simply stop playing the game. I have over 4k hours in this game and almost all of that I have streamed - to entertain people. I do goofy builds, perkless builds, heck I even have channel redemptions that can make me find the killer and point at them for no frickin reason, channel point redemptions that make me let survivors go or run around letting them boop my snoot - why??? Because that is fun to me. So maybe stop assuming how others play when you have no idea because it simply makes you look even more inane and jaded. So before you decide to "come for" me - I suggest you take a step back and rethink that. You simply are not equipped to have this type of battle of wits and facts with me. Sit down.

  • @Jasix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2496211#Comment_2496211

    Yes let's discuss my post history. I play 50/50 and call out mains from both sides for their hyperbole and vitriol. I use statistics I have gathered over 5 years of playing this game as the basis for my "opinion." Insinuating someone is in cahoots with BHVR simply because they don't agree with your extremely biased opinion is the epitome of childishness and inanity. Your assumption about my gameplay is so off it is sad. I don't camp. I don't tunnel. I don't use NOED. I don't use Decisive or Deadhard EVER. I don't care about how many kills I get - I care about having fun. Heck some matches I just goof off with Pig and Legion.. so don't come in here assuming you know ANYTHING about how I play. What I stated was factual though - NO ONE has a duty to make sure anyone else has fun in this game aside from themselves. You may not agree with what some people consider fun, but that doesn't matter because you do not get to dictate to anyone how they SHOULD have fun. You have these rules on what you think a killer should and should not do - then go play killer! I don't tell anyone how they should play - you play how you want - you bring whatever perks, items, addons you want - because you paid for the game just like everyone else. If you wanna hide in lockers 90% of the game - knock yourself out. If you want to camp and tunnel - more power to you.

    What makes you the authority on how this game SHOULD be played? If you don't like the way people play you can either disconnect, die on hook, or simply stop playing the game. I have over 4k hours in this game and almost all of that I have streamed - to entertain people. I do goofy builds, perkless builds, heck I even have channel redemptions that can make me find the killer and point at them for no frickin reason, channel point redemptions that make me let survivors go or run around letting them boop my snoot - why??? Because that is fun to me. So maybe stop assuming how others play when you have no idea because it simply makes you look even more inane and jaded. So before you decide to "come for" me - I suggest you take a step back and rethink that. You simply are not equipped to have this type of battle of wits and facts with me. Sit down.

    sorry, to long read and besides that....not really intrested

  • @toastcrusher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2496360#Comment_2496360

    sorry, to long read and besides that....not really intrested

    You are the reason these forums need a block/ignore function.

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2495630#Comment_2495630

    I want to ask where in @th3 's comment or mine we're justifying DCing to Spirit

    Pretty presumptuous of them to automatically assume any comment that isn't in lockstep "<survivor> bad" like the majority of their posts are is a biased entitled <survivor> main.

  • ah what the hell, updating so i have to wait anyway....still not reading it, but i've seen enough comments of the usual suspects, always in attack mode and ignoring the main issue. That this forum is biased towards behaviour is what to expect.

    Maybe look around on other sm and forums and see what the real player base really thinks of dc penalty's, toxic behaviour etc...

    like i said, people dont dc or hook kill for nothing, fix the problem and you dont need a solution....its as simple as that

  • @Jasix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2496383#Comment_2496383

    You are the reason these forums need a block/ignore function.

    wow, that fast?

  • Holy ######### this thread is blowing tf up while I was in American Government and Chemistry classes back to back.

  • @toastcrusher said:

    ah what the hell, updating so i have to wait anyway....still not reading it, but i've seen enough comments of the usual suspects, always in attack mode and ignoring the main issue. That this forum is biased towards behaviour is what to expect.

    Maybe look around on other sm and forums and see what the real player base really thinks of dc penalty's, toxic behaviour etc...

    like i said, people dont dc or hook kill for nothing, fix the problem and you dont need a solution....its as simple as that

    No one is attacking you. You’re talking in a way that’s being condescending and trying to defend a ######### move that isn’t a tactic in the game. People have a right to argue with you about that.

  • @th3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2495632#Comment_2495632

    Pretty presumptuous of them to automatically assume any comment that isn't in lockstep "<survivor> bad" like the majority of their posts are is a biased entitled <survivor> main.

    Ok so what were you really trying to say in your comment?

  • All online games have this happen. Intentional or not. (WiFi, PC quality, The Cat)

    What we need is 2 public match modes which are Ranked and Unranked.

    • Ranked Public matches which has the penalties.
    • UN-Ranked Public matches which does NOT have the penalties. With the Caveat that if a person plays in a group such as this. That players will leave regardless.

    (Of course with the MMR system still in place) - Props, I do like the new ranking system. : - ) .

    I cant tell you how many times I've seen streamers have to move on to another game because their Dead by Daylight stream crashed due to their streaming software crashing and then encountering this penalty system and have to move on to another game.

    As much as I do NOT like to say this. i will. That streamers are a "necessity" for games today. Because it promotes this game. Half the games I play today I wouldn't even KNOW about had it not been for a Youtube gamer or a Twitch gamer. But it also should not entitle only streamers to special treatment.

  • @T103 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/279934/the-dcing-needs-to-stop

    So, because you had one game where 3 survivors DC you feel the need to generalise all survivors as salty DC’ers?

    Literally, ONE game. If you get worked up over one game not going your way then you may need to take a break.

    Oh my ######### god I am not calling out every survivor. If I was, I wouldn’t have called the Steve a chad.

1 2 3