What changes would you make to Pinhead?
How could you change to make it more decent and fun to play? Since the new MMR was activated, yesterday I won many games with it, but now they vary a lot.
How could you change to make it more decent and fun to play? Since the new MMR was activated, yesterday I won many games with it, but now they vary a lot.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
The Pinhead Dream Patch:
Start there.
This would honestly make Pinhead go from D-tier to A-tier REALLY fast.
Which is good! Good Killers mean Survivors can use stronger perks and have it not be sweaty!
All of these sound like good ideas. My issue with Pinhead is missing a chain feels like a part of my soul was removed. I wouldn't mind making the portal marker travel faster. I find the less time I'm using his power the better.
I've also had some issues teleporting to someone holding the box. Often I end up on the other side of a wall or they are on a hill and the ramp to get up there is on the opposite side of where I am.
Not sure what I'd do with chains. Maybe make collision breaking not a thing at all. Maybe duration, who knows.
I'd like it if the box actually showed an aura close up (maybe 20m or something like that). As it stands, you only get the box by taking it from a survivor that didn't know you were close by. Even then, chain hunt will only be active for 10 seconds before the survivors can potentially get the box to stop it.
This. We NEED this.
Just make the chains not break on Pinhead himself, that's all I want honestly.
The idea behind my initial changes were to make him more threatening in the 1v1 so that the entire survivor side feels that missing player going for the box a lot more. As he currently stands, having a player down on generators running to the box does very little, since his chasing potential is pathetically bad.
-1 on gens (box), -1 (chased survivor) = 2 on generators max.
I don't know if I'd touch the survivor interactions with the box anymore since the pink add-on becoming base kit would hopefully be good enough. However, I would change how the Lament Configuration functions in this way:
With these changes added on top of my prior list, I think he'd be a seriously solid killer. Contender for A tier at the very least.
Pretty much. That is just a ridiculous mechanic. I want him to remain high skill gap. But this is just a bit too much micromanagement. Like, I want to walk towards the survivor, bro. Is that too much to ask?
Just make his iridescent add-on base kit to where his first hook can injure.
Wouldn't change the box or chain hunts though. Watch Red's video of him using Pinhead's power how you're supposed to. It's super oppressive and makes it to where survivors rarely get a gen done if used properly.
Bring back the line. It is SO not the same without the line.
Beyond that, I dig him. Maybe slow those chains down a bit but beyond that I enjoy facing him.
It's also a rather baffling departure from how he works in the source material, in contrast to everything else for him being so lovingly designed.
Like, I admit I haven't seen the last few Hellraiser movies, but I've seen most of them. And at no point does a Cenobite catch someone in chains, then walk into the chains themselves and go "Aw geez I've really botched this lads" as he gets tangled in them and the victim runs off.
I'd also add to the list that extra chains spawned from the manually aimed chain instantly attach to the survivor and cannot miss nor be blocked/broken by the environment.
Its really stupid that you can land a manual chain then have the rest of them flatout miss.
Base kit: chains last a little longer or remove environmental breaks
Add-ons: switch range for holding time
Make an add on that switches the gate to an aoe floor trap to throw under survivors
I think he should be able to see the box within a certain range or even put it as an add on. And the chains should take longer to break they feel pointless
In addition to some of the changes here, some QOL changes:
One Main thing: After using a portal you can't do anything for 1sec. This is as terrible as old clown bottle slowdown. Remove it
Just reading this makes me want to play him.
If I ever got into balancing or character design, I'd be happier than a pig in doodoo. Sadly, more by-the-numbers, passionless droids get hired for those positions. Makes me sad :(
I would also, you know.. PLAY THE CONTENT I'M SELLING TO PEOPLE. I could never push something out if I felt it was low quality or subpar, I'd never live it down.
Chains and Stupid range add-ons aside, My biggest gripe is the Lament Configuration box's mechanic itself. The chain hunt is the only thing that turns Pinhead into a 1v4 focused killer instead of a 1v1, as it has the potential to distract the entire survivor team. The big Issue I have is that:
I've gone many rounds today without a chain hunt initiating, because the devs haven't learned their lesson with Plague, Trapper, the Twins, and have once again given survivors complete control over an aspect of a killers power... hell they even highlighted and gift wrapped it for them!
If I were a dev for this game I'd simply change it so that:
With 4 survivors constantly running around, and the box spawning in wide open places while emitting a very noticeable sound, it's not like it's so difficult to find that they need game long aura reading on it in the first place. That, and Solving the box to prevent or stop a chain hunt for your team while risking Pinhead teleporting to you himself, seems like a much more worthwhile and rewarding trade off. While this change won't help with how weak the chains are, it could at least allow pinheads 1v4 mechanic more of a chance to activate instead of being denied from ever happening.
There you go BHVR do like one of these and hes good
Pinhead is already pretty strong. It's just that many people see his portal chains as his main power and the chain hunt as secondary while it's reversed.
Use your portal chains to harras the person opening the box, down them, rince and repeat to have a constant chain hunt on survivors for insane pressure.
Just the usual case of people trying to make a non chase killer into a pure chase killer.
One change can be pretty much agreed on though. Get them voice lines back
Maybe make the chain travel duration longer and with increased maneuverability. The standard chains can be easy to avoid.
Other than that, I think BHVR did a...*groan*...pretty good job with Pinhead.
I would wait a bit to see how player adjust to him and what players can do with his powers.
Pinhead is pretty new and also "hard" as such we should not expect good results from the majority of players early. Think about Blight, he was a pretty good Killer but he is hard to play.
Then I would look at what add-ons are the most used on him. Players would choose add-ons either to compensate for some difficulties most of the time. As such the most used add ons would give me a hint which part of his kid should be buffed.
From my experience so far however I would say that the penalty for holding the box to long should be increased. His chains should also not break when he touches them. Two simple fixes.
Also a few bug fixes, most important point on that list: Give him the voicelines back!
And lastly we need more skins. Kristy Cotton Pinhead would be the best.
The main issue I would improve is the box. In all my Pinhead games so far, I have found that box exactly 1 time. It's tiny and practically makes no sound. The only reason I found it was because the icon popped up on screen when I walked over it.
For me, I think all he needs is for environmental breaks to just make them not happen instantly, and make it where he can't break them himself. Also a for sure change should be that when he goes for long range shots, he is rewarded much more. I'd say something like "for X amount of distance, survivor can not break the chains for X seconds" He doesn't really need loads of changes, he is already in a solid high B, low A tier spot when you actually play him good, and he can be very oppressive
Thank you for saying this, people keep playing him like he has no other power except for the m2, when chain hunt does exist and it is very strong when you actually defend and keep it going. He is a very aggressive killer and right now, he is in a good spot. Fix the bugs like the lunge, maybe give him so QoL chain buffs, but nothing crazy is needed. He is a hard killer, people must be used to killers that play the game for them
fix his dc bugs.
Impaling wires and greasy black lens as basekit ( maybe slightly nerfed if he's too strong that way).
I don't think he needs much more , he just feels so smooth to play with thoses two addons.
Maybe a nerfed version of Iri puzzle box as basekit but it might be too much ontop of what i suggested.
when was it fixed? I didn't see any updates or announcements...