Pleague is a ######### mystery to me

The pleague is quite balanced in my opinion. And she's also a very uniqe killer. But why does no one play her?

I don't really play her and she's a very rare killer to face. What is wrong with her playstyle? It's just really weird to me.

I mean, I get why alot of people don't play twins. Becouse they have such a bad Reputation.

Comments

  • It gets really old to hear your character cough and vomit for an entire match, and I find playing Plague to be incredibly boring. Hold right click, let go, hit Survivor when broken. Not very interactive and interesting to me, unlike Pig, Pyramid Head and even Deathslinger

  • I personally can't stand the feeling of Plague's projectile, and that's why I don't play her.

  • I play her a lot. She’s very fun to play as and against imo. Wish she wasn’t so rare.

  • Trash hitboxes

    Buggy puke that makes survivor scream but doesn't infect them

    Her power is hard to use

    Also survivors have full control on when you have your power

  • @Hippie said:

    It gets really old to hear your character cough and vomit for an entire match, and I find playing Plague to be incredibly boring. Hold right click, let go, hit Survivor when broken. Not very interactive and interesting to me, unlike Pig, Pyramid Head and even Deathslinger

    Slinger is literally hold CTRL and press right click then left click and then repeat.

  • I think it is because people don't like how her power works and don't know how it does either. Coupled with the fact that her puke is so incredibly inconsistent at times.

  • @Bumbus said:

    Trash hitboxes

    Buggy puke that makes survivor scream but doesn't infect them

    Her power is hard to use

    Also survivors have full control on when you have your power

    Good point

  • @GannTM said:

    I play her a lot. She’s very fun to play as and against imo. Wish she wasn’t so rare.

    Cool. What would you do to improve her and her addons?

  • Seems like the inconsistancy is one of the biggest issues. I think that's becouse her puke isn't just one. It's many small parts tied together like a chain. The devs need to optimize this game man. :<

  • I just don't find the dynamic of vomiting very appealing.

  • Can only speak for myself, but for me Plague is really boring to play. If the Survivors dont cleanse you are an M1-Killer. Which is still not bad, you still have 4,6m/s Movement Speed and basically a Oneshot AND Anti-Stealth, but it is not really fun IMO.

    They need to add an incentive to cleanse and nerf her Corrupt Purge to compensate for it, which would result in Survivors who are more likely to cleanse.

  • @Elena said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2474109#Comment_2474109

    Slinger is literally hold CTRL and press right click then left click and then repeat.

    And you have to aim with him very well. That's like the main thing with him.

    It's not just press a few buttons and that's it.

    Of course you have to aim with Plague as well, but not to the extent of Deathslinger.

  • @Renjiro said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2474139#Comment_2474139

    Cool. What would you do to improve her and her addons?

    Her add ons are fine imo. I do think there should be a higher penalty for survivors that don’t cleanse that is more than coughing and being broken. Maybe decrease their movement speed to 95% for like a second when they vomit. Thus will give survivors more incentive to cleanse which I think is all Plague needs.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2474154#Comment_2474154

    And you have to aim with him very well. That's like the main thing with him.

    It's not just press a few buttons and that's it.

    Of course you have to aim with Plague as well, but not to the extent of Deathslinger.

    That's true.

  • @DaBawb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2474206#Comment_2474206

    To be fair, she's probably in the strongest state she has ever been in before dedicated servers ruined her hitbox. The new Thantaphobia and Hysteria both work fantastic on her. Hysteria in particular is easily one of her best perks; you just splash the tiniest amount of puke on someone and eventually they are broken + oblivious and you can stack her wallhack addon on top of it.

    Oh yeah I’ve used Hysteria on Plague. It’s very effective and fun on her.

  • @Elena said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2474109#Comment_2474109

    Slinger is literally hold CTRL and press right click then left click and then repeat.

    I mean, Slinger is like playing an FPS though... and you can be creative with pulling people around obstacles and even landing tricky headshots. When you boil it down to his base controls, it sounds boring, but that's not how it translates into gameplay. Plague is literally holding right click and letting go while walking behind a Survivor, and describing her base controls is exactly how it translates into gameplay. I would say that every ranged Killer is more interesting to play because you get immediate feedback and reward when landing a projectile on a Survivor.

  • I don't like being continuously screwed by the game and its broken hitboxes, that's why I don't play Nurse and Blight neither

    Honestly I'm currently enjoying Oni a lot, although getting that first hit can be very hard

  • She's easily one of the hardest killers in the game, especially for one that's around Oni's level. Why play her when Oni and Demogorgon are right there and much easier? Or just go play Wraith. Or Spirit. Or Hag. All of whom are rather easier than her to pick up while being of similar or greater strength.

    Couple that with the fact that her theme makes people uncomfortable and many veteran players are traumatized by 2019 Plague and it becomes much clearer.

    Edit: Also, there's an oddly large number of Plague mains like myself on the forums.

  • I haven't touched plague in a long time. I have more fun playing legion. I think shes boring to play as and against. And to me shes very weak. She has no map pressure and no looping pressure unless you have the corrupted vomit. Even then shes eh. Theres only two ways a match goes. Survivors either never heal or if they do you have to walk to the pool and find a survivor and hopefully your vomit lasts long enough to get the hit. Playing her is torture to me. But thats just my opinion.

  • @Renjiro said:

    The pleague is quite balanced in my opinion. And she's also a very uniqe killer. But why does no one play her?

    I don't really play her and she's a very rare killer to face. What is wrong with her playstyle? It's just really weird to me.

    I mean, I get why alot of people don't play twins. Becouse they have such a bad Reputation.

    Most people are saying hitboxes, but i just think its due to how hard she is to play

  • For me personally it's a combination of things.

    Vomit hit boxes being inconsistent, It's pathing can be kinda weird at times, a survivor can be standing right in front of you and it still doesn't register as a hit.

    Cleansing healing to full health states always bothered me, in my opinion it should only get rid of infection.

    The whispers being super annoying while corrupt purge is active, survivor's already get a noise notification when plague is sucking up a pool, it's just overkill.

    Plague suffer's massively in the emblem point scoring system, could get a 4k and still depip because you played her correctly with infections.

  • I main her. I love her, even when the vomit hitbox messes up.

  • I enjoy her but she’s inconsistent and buggy so it hard to be consistently good with her

  • @Katie_met said:

    I main her. I love her, even when the vomit hitbox messes up.

    Yeah just noticed how Bad it is. I want to play her but the current switch lag is eehhh

  • @Phasmamain said:

    I enjoy her but she’s inconsistent and buggy so it hard to be consistently good with her

    Yeah just noticed

  • @CrowVortex said:

    For me personally it's a combination of things.

    Vomit hit boxes being inconsistent, It's pathing can be kinda weird at times, a survivor can be standing right in front of you and it still doesn't register as a hit.

    Cleansing healing to full health states always bothered me, in my opinion it should only get rid of infection.

    The whispers being super annoying while corrupt purge is active, survivor's already get a noise notification when plague is sucking up a pool, it's just overkill.

    Plague suffer's massively in the emblem point scoring system, could get a 4k and still depip because you played her correctly with infections.

    I agree with Everything. Exept the second point. That wisper is way to loud holy #########

  • @Unifall said:

    I haven't touched plague in a long time. I have more fun playing legion. I think shes boring to play as and against. And to me shes very weak. She has no map pressure and no looping pressure unless you have the corrupted vomit. Even then shes eh. Theres only two ways a match goes. Survivors either never heal or if they do you have to walk to the pool and find a survivor and hopefully your vomit lasts long enough to get the hit. Playing her is torture to me. But thats just my opinion.

    I reslect ur Opinion

  • @DaBawb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2474206#Comment_2474206

    To be fair, she's probably in the strongest state she has ever been in before dedicated servers ruined her hitbox. The new Thantaphobia and Hysteria both work fantastic on her. Hysteria in particular is easily one of her best perks; you just splash the tiniest amount of puke on someone and eventually they are broken + oblivious and you can stack her wallhack addon on top of it.

    Oh hysteria. I could try that

  • @MadLordJack said:

    She's easily one of the hardest killers in the game, especially for one that's around Oni's level. Why play her when Oni and Demogorgon are right there and much easier? Or just go play Wraith. Or Spirit. Or Hag. All of whom are rather easier than her to pick up while being of similar or greater strength.

    Couple that with the fact that her theme makes people uncomfortable and many veteran players are traumatized by 2019 Plague and it becomes much clearer.

    Edit: Also, there's an oddly large number of Plague mains like myself on the forums.

    What was 2019 pleague like? Me forgot

  • @Renjiro said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2474651#Comment_2474651

    I agree with Everything. Exept the second point. That wisper is way to loud holy #########

    Calling a whisper is just misleading, they literally be screaming in your ears, cuh.

  • Before dedicated servers I played plague a ton but once dedicated servers were added they made hitting survivors with your puke so inconsistent to the point where it's just not fun to play as plague. I have countless videos of directly puking on a survivor and nothing happens except for the survivors screaming

  • She had no guaranteed corrupt fountain, so people really could just nor cleanse and you would never, ever get your power.

  • People don't play her because is one of the most affected killers by dedicated servers (along with the clown).

    It's very unsatisfactory to vomit to a survivor, hearing the scream and no infection.

    I play her a lot because I'm used to her flaws and I really like her, she's a niche killer.