If we got an anime/manga chapter, what would you want to see?
Pretty much the only one I can think of is Uzumaki since it's literally the only one I've ever read lol. Curious to see what else is out there and what could work in the game, ignoring visual styles and all.
Comments
With all respect to all anime / manga lovers...
Oh, please no. I don't rly see how this would fit in DbD at all.
Unironically would want One of the homunculi from fullmetal alchemist as a killer
Pikachu
Like I said, I know the visual style is far too different, I'm more talking about a concept and power.
Kinda old but I'd say Death Note probably
The killer would be mikami just yelling
DELETE
wdym just run devour hope on nemesis
Not all anime are colourful. Take Berserk, for instance.
Also, All-Kill was fine, if you speak about Trickster. We can speak about some Legion's outfit then, like the lattest neon one. Does it fit DBD?
I didn't read it, but I'll do then.
I feel maps are important to represent a Killer. If Trickster was in a theater map, it'd be better. Like, you went to a concert and suddenly, the performer starts to stab you.
But I guess I don't mind Trickster because I forget about the horror theme and I'm focused on the PVP aspect, which is the reason I actually play. Even if I love to face Oni because I find him very impressive, very big, very... scary.
Oh, yes! It would makes sense for him.
People don't dislike 'A Binding of Kin' because they hate the French or think that Twins doesn't fit with DbD's color palette; it's because being slugged until you bleed out isn't fun.
Same with All-Kill.
I think that chapter's reception has more to do with Trickster being 'Huntress 2.0: now with less risk and less reward' than with Ji-Woon Hak not matching the game's tone or visual style.
As for potential chapters based off animes, I think their success, or lack thereof, would depend on the license in question as well as how the devs handle it's implementation: it wouldn't be resigned to failure from the start.
I would not like an anime/manga chapter. That is the end of the story.
I'd want to see Kira Yoshikage from JJBA. I feel like DbD kinda misses an evil guy in a suit.
I love anime but I don't think it should be in dbd, however it has more of a place than kpop and we got that so... (my personal opinion, don't come for me).
Tokyo ghoul and attack on titan would be so interesting as chapters hahaha
What would be the villain in an Uzumaki chapter. An evil spiral?
If we go that route just give me Spawn.
And yeah yeah I get it - Not a manga. Would be good enough for me.
Claudette is beyond the power of the Death Note. Writing her name in the book would only kill the one who wrote it.
Do you really want to see a watered down version of Spawn getting bullied with repeated locker stuns and blinds?
At this point why not - My favorite franchise (Resident Evil) has been watered down so at this point might as well spread it around.
Future diary i guess, um other than that deathnote but the stretching on the word "horror"
Might be a little obscure, but...
KING OF THORN
by Yūji Iwahara
Loved the monsters and the whole Medusa virus concept.
People should read this more.
In order
Personally I just want an Ayumi and Rika as survivors. Rika has been my favorite anime character literally since I was 12 and Ayumi is just a great character overall. And now that Higurashi has given Rika and Satako proper high school arcs I feel there's a good chance we could get her if they decided to do a Higurashi chapter.
We already got Trickster.
Jjba more specifically jojolion. There's alot of body horror in it that I wish was in the game.
I guess my list of scary looking anime would be...:
"Bleach", "Akame Ga Kill", "Attack on Titan", "Death Note", "Tokyo Ghoul", and maybe "Erased".
As someone who doesn't watch anime, I think it could work in DBD under two conditions:
An anime killer and survivor, as long as they are remodeled to make them fit in the rest of the cast, wouldn't be out of place at all IMO. I thought Trickster was weird to see in the roster among the other slashers, but I grew on it and he doesn't feel out of place, especially with his lore.
This.
If the devs are unable to convert from manga art to their distinct 3d models, they shouldnt bother with the license.
For example Identity V has some huuuge crossovers with persona 5, danganronpa, junji ito and detective conan, and they fit in quite well because of IdV's artstyle for "survivors".
I think the survivor faces would be the hardest part to get right.
Personally though i cant think of a fitting anime killer that doesnt have the same problem as tricksters appearance ( normal person but is a killer).
I understand why you dont want anime in dbd if its for the same reason as me you are scare the dev butcher the anime they pick just like they did with RE
Sailor moon.
azami, wakabayashi or keiko would prob be the best options