Why do survivors complain about killers?

This game is arguably survivor sided as it should be. And I can see points to both sides of killer and survivor arguments about balance. But at the end of the day this game is Survivor favored and anytime I see someone talking about ways to nerf a killer or anything that benefits the killer I am somewhat confused. Do survivors just want the easiest time going up against the killer? I personally think a lot of relativity and perception goes into this next paragraph as to why survivors would think killers are OP but here it is.

If survivors don't escape they "Lost" Now in my opinion if you escape as a survivor that should be just as hard as a killer getting a 4k. From someone who plays both Killer and Survivor pretty equally I can safely say when I escape it's the same feeling as getting a solid 4k in DBD. Now that's my opinion. I personally am better at this game playing killer but still equally enjoy playing as survivor.

So for those hard core survivor players please help me understand the complaints about killers.

Comments

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    Because anything that goes wrong in the match for the survivors, it's the killer's fault. They die, killer's fault, they escape, killer's fault, they get 2-hooked, killer's fault, they have bad teammates, killer's fault. There's no accountability from the survivors; They never make mistakes.

    Says who? Killer mains like you? I never see a survivor blame the killer when they mess something up at red ranks, you’re talking out of your behind.

  • @Laurie268 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2411517#Comment_2411517

    Says who? Killer mains like you? I never see a survivor blame the killer when they mess something up at red ranks, you’re talking out of your behind.

    I've seen it!

    Someone gets off hook, rescuer nowhere to be found, they get tunneled. Post game chat: "trash tunneler".

    Someone gets killed first: "classic skilless killer".

    Go anywhere near the hook at any point. Post game: "camp much?"

    All 4 survivors escape: "you're so bad".

    1 person gets out through hatch or through powered exits because of closing hatch: "gg ez".

    Green and purple rank survivors talk like this because they're immature.

    Red ranks survivors talk like this because they're rank 1! (like that's something special) so they have god complexes.

  • Why do killers complain about survivors?

    @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2411074#Comment_2411074

    It used to be like that. But currently a survivor can die/dc/go afk with 3 gens up and the others still can escape.

    When? When we had real infinites, double pallets, 30 pallets per map, pallet vacuum, windows that could be vaulted from both sides and any angles, 4 insta decisive strikes, instablind flashlights, bnps that instantly repaired an entire generator, generators that took 50 seconds to repair, permanent hook sabotage, no gen kicking, no gen control perks, sprint burst with a 20 seconds cooldown which always recovered, self care as fast as a regular heal, insta heal medkits, jungle gyms and structures without holes into them, no speed penalty when multiple people repaired the same generator(and this list is just off the top of my head)? Do you seriously want anyone to believe the game was somehow harder for survivors back then? If so, you must be trolling.

    The game simply did not get any easier for survivors. It's either just as easy as it was before or harder, it can't be easier with all the broken stuff removed.

  • @Artick said:

    Why do killers complain about survivors?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2411110#Comment_2411110

    When? When we had real infinites, double pallets, 30 pallets per map, pallet vacuum, windows that could be vaulted from both sides and any angles, 4 insta decisive strikes, instablind flashlights, bnps that instantly repaired an entire generator, generators that took 50 seconds to repair, permanent hook sabotage, no gen kicking, no gen control perks, sprint burst with a 20 seconds cooldown which always recovered, self care as fast as a regular heal, insta heal medkits, jungle gyms and structures without holes into them, no speed penalty when multiple people repaired the same generator(and this list is just off the top of my head)? Do you seriously want anyone to believe the game was somehow harder for survivors back then? If so, you must be trolling.

    The game simply did not get any easier for survivors. It's either just as easy as it was before or harder, it can't be easier with all the broken stuff removed.

    We have Haddonfield.

    Double pallets are back.

    30 pallets per map? May i introduce you to Meatfactory?

    Pallet vacuum is also back since killers can hit through a pallet and the hit gets deleted (has no effect).

    Basically all the bad things that were "solved" are slowly coming back.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2411168#Comment_2411168

    I still don't know why killer mains are here crying all day everyday. Since summer began I played a lot more killer than usual, mainly wraith, bit of demo, going from rank 9 to rank 1 mostly without a single gen regressing perk(tho using red wraith add on from time to time for general gen info) and my ass was badly kicked only once on mother dwelling where I felt kinda helpless, got that one petty kill. Most games ended at 1-2 gens being still up, with ruin/undying it would have probably been better. Few 2Ks and fair games. Most survivors even at red ranks are average at best, you usually know in a first minute oh OK, I'm chilling this game. Also playing wraith it's easy to find the weak link of a group and put more pressure on him/her. I never just tunnel the survivor out, but after a hook I see where the weeky is with bbq and go visit😘

    Exactly. Idk why this is either. And I always ask them, do you lose more than you win? And only one person has ever answered me. I think that alone says a lot. If it is so bad, then how come they can't honestly answer the question.

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2413971#Comment_2413971

    Exactly. Idk why this is either. And I always ask them, do you lose more than you win? And only one person has ever answered me. I think that alone says a lot. If it is so bad, then how come they can't honestly answer the question.

    Big agree, killer is braindead easy most of the time....win 90% of my games without having to rub 2 braincells together.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/270969/why-do-survivors-complain-about-killers

    Both sides complain about things they don't like. Which is fine. Where your argument falls down to me is saying survivors just want easy matches. That is not the case. They want fun matches.

    As for the game being survivor sided, sure. If you're talking about the highest levels of play. If you're looking at the average game then it favors killers.

    Survivor's complaining about a killer they don't like is someone they can't abuse in a loop. That's why Billy is often the most fun for survivors to play against.

    Unless he is a god at curving (which is rare to see), he's essentially a basic M1 115% killer at TL loops and jungle gyms. Any killer that goes against this playstyle will not be liked by certain survivors:

    Ranged killers are 'boring' to play against because they can shoot over short walls and pallets.

    Traps killers are boring because they can negate a loop by teleporting or a bear trap.

    Stealth killers are boring because I can't see them or their terror radius; no fun.

    Nurse is boring because they don't follow the same rules as every other kills

  • Also, some people are just entitled crybabies who like to complain about each and everything going not their way. Don't like a particular map - go whine on the forums, don't like a particular killer, perk, whatever - go whine. And honestly, some of these complaints iare extremely trivial and short-sighted from just a personal perspective. Not all of them, but quite a few.


    One just needs to stop reading /listening to some of this, to keep one's mental sanity. Or does anybody reeally think the devs read each and every thread in here? Bloody unlikely, how would they even have time for it?

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2407161#Comment_2407161

    Nah, competent solo queue survivors can easily dominate competent killers.

    @TwitchyMike I already stated they’re two different experiences. It’s well known here. You’ve seen the threads. Killers have much more enjoyable games playing against solo que than they do SWF. That’s not true in every case, but it is for the majority of the time. Solo que is more balanced than SWF.


    @Tsulan Notice how I purposely didn’t say COMPETENT solo que survivors lol? It’s not common to have all 4 survivors on point. Don’t get me wrong, it happens from time to time, but again that’s not the solo que experience. Plenty of threads on here attest to that. I imagine maybe Red Rank 1 survivors have that often, but they’re the top 1% of the community.

  • @KerJuice said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2410032#Comment_2410032

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2410898#Comment_2410898

    @TwitchyMike I already stated they’re two different experiences. It’s well known here. You’ve seen the threads. Killers have much more enjoyable games playing against solo que than they do SWF. That’s not true in every case, but it is for the majority of the time. Solo que is more balanced than SWF.

    @Tsulan Notice how I purposely didn’t say COMPETENT solo que survivors lol? It’s not common to have all 4 survivors on point. Don’t get me wrong, it happens from time to time, but again that’s not the solo que experience. Plenty of threads on here attest to that. I imagine maybe Red Rank 1 survivors have that often, but they’re the top 1% of the community.

    I don´t feel like 1% of the community.

    Anyway, most issues in that regard will be probably fixed with the upcoming SBMM.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2414279#Comment_2414279

    I don´t feel like 1% of the community.

    Anyway, most issues in that regard will be probably fixed with the upcoming SBMM.

    Oof…that’s another can of worms in itself lol. Their twitter page went nuts an hour ago, with distaste for it. NGL- I’m on that hate train as well.

    Guess we’ll see when the time comes.

  • @KerJuice said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2414342#Comment_2414342

    Oof…that’s another can of worms in itself lol. Their twitter page went nuts an hour ago, with distaste for it. NGL- I’m on that hate train as well.

    Guess we’ll see when the time comes.

    So far i loved every test they made in that regard.

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2413971#Comment_2413971

    Exactly. Idk why this is either. And I always ask them, do you lose more than you win? And only one person has ever answered me. I think that alone says a lot. If it is so bad, then how come they can't honestly answer the question.

    I will answer you. I won more than I lost with my Xbox one when people were skipping across the map, DH froze me, and my power surged my system. Since getting Series S I got a 2k couple times using killers I suck with (Plague, Billy) but other than that 4k. I always wondered how good I would be with a system that is not broken and I got my answer finally (thank you GameStop).

    @InsatiableMop said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2413976#Comment_2413976

    Big agree, killer is braindead easy most of the time....win 90% of my games without having to rub 2 braincells together.

    Brain dead drives me nutz. There is nothing in this game that is brain dead. Uh I hate that phrase.

  • @chargernick85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2413976#Comment_2413976

    I will answer you. I won more than I lost with my Xbox one when people were skipping across the map, DH froze me, and my power surged my system. Since getting Series S I got a 2k couple times using killers I suck with (Plague, Billy) but other than that 4k. I always wondered how good I would be with a system that is not broken and I got my answer finally (thank you GameStop).

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2414009#Comment_2414009

    Brain dead drives me nutz. There is nothing in this game that is brain dead. Uh I hate that phrase.

    Okay, I find killer to require much less attentiveness than survivor

  • @InsatiableMop said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2414462#Comment_2414462

    Okay, I find killer to require much less attentiveness than survivor

    I like that a little better 🤣. Still disagree despite doing quite well as killer. Survivor has backup (teammates) killers have themselves. You have to be attentive on both sides but majority of time killer more often. There are some situations were they are close in comparison (Hag, myers, ghosty, pig, etc) where you have to be more alert but SC + SB erases that.

  • @chargernick85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2414466#Comment_2414466

    I like that a little better 🤣. Still disagree despite doing quite well as killer. Survivor has backup (teammates) killers have themselves. You have to be attentive on both sides but majority of time killer more often. There are some situations were they are close in comparison (Hag, myers, ghosty, pig, etc) where you have to be more alert but SC + SB erases that.

    And yes I know teammates suck sometimes. Most of the time I die it's their fault but still this is my opinion.

  • @chargernick85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2414476#Comment_2414476

    And yes I know teammates suck sometimes. Most of the time I die it's their fault but still this is my opinion.

    I guess part of that bias for me is I don't use SC as a survivor so I'm always darting my camera around like I have adhd. And one the the people I play with isn't all that great with awareness himself so he will be actively panicking over the mic about getting chased meanwhile the killer has been off him for 10s and is giving me a pat on the back on a gen or something. Usually ends it quite a laugh. I also main legion so I have the pinnacle of being an m1 killer and thrilling tremors really tells me anything I need to know so I don't need to be super attentive.

  • @chargernick85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2413976#Comment_2413976

    I will answer you. I won more than I lost with my Xbox one when people were skipping across the map, DH froze me, and my power surged my system. Since getting Series S I got a 2k couple times using killers I suck with (Plague, Billy) but other than that 4k. I always wondered how good I would be with a system that is not broken and I got my answer finally (thank you GameStop).

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2414009#Comment_2414009

    Brain dead drives me nutz. There is nothing in this game that is brain dead. Uh I hate that phrase.

    Thank you. I appreciate your reply. I also win more than I lose on PS4. As you said, often with terrible lag.

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2414462#Comment_2414462

    Thank you. I appreciate your reply. I also win more than I lose on PS4. As you said, often with terrible lag.

    I feel for you. Playing on last gen is playing a different game. Hope you can upgrade soon. Hope everyone can get an upgrade soon. I will not forget where I came from....lol.

  • @InsatiableMop said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2414479#Comment_2414479

    I guess part of that bias for me is I don't use SC as a survivor so I'm always darting my camera around like I have adhd. And one the the people I play with isn't all that great with awareness himself so he will be actively panicking over the mic about getting chased meanwhile the killer has been off him for 10s and is giving me a pat on the back on a gen or something. Usually ends it quite a laugh. I also main legion so I have the pinnacle of being an m1 killer and thrilling tremors really tells me anything I need to know so I don't need to be super attentive.

    Makes sense. I main Pig but use the entire roster (even the ones I am not great with). I like Thrilling but rarely have it on the killer I am using. I am more of a Brutal/enduring, Corrupt/Pop, Undying/Devour, Tinkerer/Disco/Surveillance, Nurses/Sloppy and STBL is my most used perk. These are my most ran combos just because I like what they offer and go well together and hard not to get value.

  • @chargernick85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2414485#Comment_2414485

    Makes sense. I main Pig but use the entire roster (even the ones I am not great with). I like Thrilling but rarely have it on the killer I am using. I am more of a Brutal/enduring, Corrupt/Pop, Undying/Devour, Tinkerer/Disco/Surveillance, Nurses/Sloppy and STBL is my most used perk. These are my most ran combos just because I like what they offer and go well together and hard not to get value.

    I run the gambit of killers as well I don't use perks or addons on most of them since they are almost all level 1 because I can't justify putting points into them when I win with them naked the majority of the time anyway, legion is who I've put points in because I think he's fun and feels oppressive with thrilling, Pop, surge, thana.

  • Because it is always easier to blame others.

  • Many games give you an option for hard, normal or easy mode. This game do not have that so I guess people that complains and wants nerfs are the ones that plays games on easy.

  • @InsatiableMop said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2414501#Comment_2414501

    I run the gambit of killers as well I don't use perks or addons on most of them since they are almost all level 1 because I can't justify putting points into them when I win with them naked the majority of the time anyway, legion is who I've put points in because I think he's fun and feels oppressive with thrilling, Pop, surge, thana.

    Oh I'm sure he does....That's a lot of firepower. I run the best I feel I have because that's what my opponent does. I believe in the better to have and not need then need and not have. Just curious what rank are you? Not trying to make assumptions but I too can win from rank 8-20 with nothing. Rank 1 I prefer to carry some guns with me as I always get the worst possible map for the killer I am using.

  • @chargernick85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2414504#Comment_2414504

    Oh I'm sure he does....That's a lot of firepower. I run the best I feel I have because that's what my opponent does. I believe in the better to have and not need then need and not have. Just curious what rank are you? Not trying to make assumptions but I too can win from rank 8-20 with nothing. Rank 1 I prefer to carry some guns with me as I always get the worst possible map for the killer I am using.

    Rank 1

  • It's not a bad thing. Again read my first sentence. "This game is arguably survivor sided as it should be." @TwitchyMike

    Quoting myself here. But you want this game to remain survivor sided. As you want a game that is enjoyably for the majority. Yes if you factor in RNG and Solo ques yes it might seem more balanced. But at it's core it is survivor sided. This isn't an argument as to whether this game is survivor sided or not. It just is. The developers know it to. This is a discussion about why do survivors complain about killers knowing this game is survivor sided?

    I will admit again if you factor in RNG and solo ques the game might appear more balanced. But that's just poor teamwork. At this games core with a 4 man team and a good killer the game is survivor sided. Mechanically this game is survivor sided.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2410870#Comment_2410870

    If survivors control everything in YOUR game by just holding M1 maybe you need to play better

    That's a solid shitpost lad, one that truly displays your ignorance of comp level of play

  • If the balance goal is "killers get 2 kills in a match," then the goal should also be "survivors have a 50/50 chance of escaping each match.

    If you're escaping more than every other match, the game is not working correctly. And survivors who expect to escape more than every other match are the problem.

  • Why do killer mains make posts like this to complaint about how killers are babies and that they cant do anything and how its survivor sided?

    No offense

  • Depends on the rest of the teams skill. Ive easily 3v1d a killer before

  • @DontNerf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2411074#Comment_2411074

    Depends on the rest of the teams skill. Ive easily 3v1d a killer before

    If the killer is good it will pretty much be a guaranteed win since there will only be one survivor on a gen most the time

  • From survivor side I only take issue if the killer camps or tunnels.


    As a killer I have seen some either get rude to me or their own team mates if they don't make it or sometimes if any of their team die. I've also had survivors blame me for their deaths when I was a survivor on their team like one time at end game the killer was full on facecamping someone and there was no way I'd have gotten him off without risking us both going down. He went off at us end of match said we should have gotten someone to body block and such and I'm like 'How do you expect me to organise all that? This is a random que group not SWF'

  • Though to be fair I've had killers get rude cause we escaped. One told us to get the ######### out of his match.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2437286#Comment_2437286

    If the killer is good it will pretty much be a guaranteed win since there will only be one survivor on a gen most the time

    If its solo que yes

  • Solo ques the reliability of your team mates tends to be a coin toss.

  • Tell me you don't play survivor without telling me you don't play survivor...

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Well there is a lot of situations where the game clearly isn’t survivor sided. If it was a meta build nurse on blood lodge I’d hardly call that a fair match

    As for complaints certain killers do need to be nerfed the biggest example being spirit

    you can't nerf spirit till you nerf swf

  • Not necessarily. Spirit's issue isn't her strength as much as her lack of solid counterplay.

  • And most matches are solo queue. Even an SWF will struggle in a 3v1 and will probably lose

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2439145#Comment_2439145

    Not necessarily. Spirit's issue isn't her strength as much as her lack of solid counterplay.

    well I can't counter comms and over half of survivor perks so it's even

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2439326#Comment_2439326

    well I can't counter comms and over half of survivor perks so it's even

    Well how would you propose a counter to comms? There's no way without nerfing the lower bracket who already are balanced.

    Perks in general don't have many counters. Bamboozle doesn't have a counter besides wasting pallets and pop's only counter Is repressed alliance which is like saying blood echo counters dead hard

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2439409#Comment_2439409

    Well how would you propose a counter to comms? There's no way without nerfing the lower bracket who already are balanced.

    Perks in general don't have many counters. Bamboozle doesn't have a counter besides wasting pallets and pop's only counter Is repressed alliance which is like saying blood echo counters dead hard

    all killer powers and perks are heavily countered by survivors.


    nerf swf then spirit can be nerfed.

  • @TwitchyMike said:

    This game is arguably survivor sided as it should be. And I can see points to both sides of killer and survivor arguments about balance. But at the end of the day this game is Survivor favored and anytime I see someone talking about ways to nerf a killer or anything that benefits the killer I am somewhat confused. Do survivors just want the easiest time going up against the killer? I personally think a lot of relativity and perception goes into this next paragraph as to why survivors would think killers are OP but here it is.

    If survivors don't escape they "Lost" Now in my opinion if you escape as a survivor that should be just as hard as a killer getting a 4k. From someone who plays both Killer and Survivor pretty equally I can safely say when I escape it's the same feeling as getting a solid 4k in DBD. Now that's my opinion. I personally am better at this game playing killer but still equally enjoy playing as survivor.

    So for those hard core survivor players please help me understand the complaints about killers.

    For me its the same mindset but different. I never get mad at killers because it's not their fault we lost, I solo queue so most the time if I'm gonna blame anyone, its gonna be my teammates. Why blame the killer, they got me and played good, but then my teammates aren't doing a single thing.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2439434#Comment_2439434

    all killer powers and perks are heavily countered by survivors.

    nerf swf then spirit can be nerfed.

    How do survivors counter a perk like coup de grave for example? It will always activate unless they don't do their objective. Or perks like brutal strength that are passive buffs? The survivor can't just turn them off

    So that statement is false

  • @Katie_met said:

    Tell me you don't play survivor without telling me you don't play survivor...

    Actually if you read the post I play survivor and Killer pretty equally. Just a little more with Killer.

  • Because a lot of male survivors are buffer than Trickster and have a military/fighter background but somehow they can't give him an ass-whooping when he comes at them. It's maddening.

  • I mean it's a multiplayer game people will complain about anything really

  • Because killers are overtuned. If it is way easier to win as killer, then something is wrong. The perks are way too strong, you have perks that remove objective progress, prevent it, aura perks, wallhack addons, and several killers with no counterplay. Some killers are too easy to win as. I'm still scratching my head why Wraith was overbuffed. All you have to do is play survivor at red ranks to know it is unfair.

    Survivors also complain because killers are always buffed and survivors are nerfed.

  • Because killers can decide if the survivors are going to have a fun match or not. In truth both sides can, but the killer can do more, so survivors may have more grievances with their own personal experiences.

    Survivors bring offerings, sweaty builds and ridiculous items.

    Killers being offerings, sweaty builds and ridiculous addons.

    What the survivors cannot do is dictate the rhythm of the game when the above factors are equalized (equal degrees of sweat). If a killer decides someone is not going to have fun, they will NOT have fun. Survivors cannot make the game unfun for the killer beyond mild annoyances that are equivalent to hook hitting and nodding. The one thing survivors can maybe do is refuse to do gens, but this is BANNABLE. Whether or not BHVR enforces this properly is another story. If survivors 'bully', it's mostly due to a skill difference, and the killer should be able to do something about it but just lacks the experience to. Toxic behaviour but that's human nature, not survivor/killer nature.

    So, yeah, especially if you're a solo survivor, you're probably more prone to having your day ruined by some killer that wants to go full force because they lost a game to a SWF a few days ago.

  • @SpitefulHateful said:

    Because a lot of male survivors are buffer than Trickster and have a military/fighter background but somehow they can't give him an ass-whooping when he comes at them. It's maddening.

    Trickster would beat David King in the Octagon if he was allowed to carry his 60 knives. Or whatever the hell they nerfed it to. Mark my words!

1 2 3