Why do survivors complain about killers?

This game is arguably survivor sided as it should be. And I can see points to both sides of killer and survivor arguments about balance. But at the end of the day this game is Survivor favored and anytime I see someone talking about ways to nerf a killer or anything that benefits the killer I am somewhat confused. Do survivors just want the easiest time going up against the killer? I personally think a lot of relativity and perception goes into this next paragraph as to why survivors would think killers are OP but here it is.

If survivors don't escape they "Lost" Now in my opinion if you escape as a survivor that should be just as hard as a killer getting a 4k. From someone who plays both Killer and Survivor pretty equally I can safely say when I escape it's the same feeling as getting a solid 4k in DBD. Now that's my opinion. I personally am better at this game playing killer but still equally enjoy playing as survivor.

So for those hard core survivor players please help me understand the complaints about killers.

Comments

  • @ZaroktheImmortal said:

    Though to be fair I've had killers get rude cause we escaped. One told us to get the ######### out of his match.

    I still think about the time I went against a Trickster that slugged us all early on and hooked us one by one. I took the opportunity to hide and bleed out and he screamed at me in the post-game chat lol

  • @TwitchyMike said:

    This game is arguably survivor sided as it should be. And I can see points to both sides of killer and survivor arguments about balance. But at the end of the day this game is Survivor favored and anytime I see someone talking about ways to nerf a killer or anything that benefits the killer I am somewhat confused. Do survivors just want the easiest time going up against the killer? I personally think a lot of relativity and perception goes into this next paragraph as to why survivors would think killers are OP but here it is.

    If survivors don't escape they "Lost" Now in my opinion if you escape as a survivor that should be just as hard as a killer getting a 4k. From someone who plays both Killer and Survivor pretty equally I can safely say when I escape it's the same feeling as getting a solid 4k in DBD. Now that's my opinion. I personally am better at this game playing killer but still equally enjoy playing as survivor.

    So for those hard core survivor players please help me understand the complaints about killers.

    The game is survivor sided when it comes to 1v4, its killer sided when it comes to the 1v1. Killers that are extremely powerful in a 1v1 are quite boring, especially as they also tend to be weak in a 1v4. The only reason most of those killers win, is because they can tunnel quite efficiently and because you cannot communicate with your team, they automatically have a better 1v4 than the survivors.

    Add in a ping system, and a lot of killers that are strong in 1v1 suddenly get gutted.

    Just because the game is in favor of one side, doesnt mean there are horrendous mechanics on the other side. Because, lets take the 1v1 again. It's killer sided. Yet, there are some loops in the game that are so incredibly powerful that it feels like the 1v1 is actually survivor sided. Should you, as a killer, not complain about those 1v1 scenario's and call for a nerf, even though the game is overal killersided when it comes to a 1v1?

    Same applies to killers, I dont mind going down to a killer, but I DO want to be able to counterplay against said killer. It's why I dislike Nurse's skill ceiling. It's why I dislike Clown's hindrance and pinky finger addon. It's why I dislike Spirit in general. If I cannot possibly counterplay other than flipping a coin, the killer is going to be extremely boring to face, none of the hits will ever feel deserved and none of the outplays I make would ever feel good because I know the likelihood of being hit instead was just as big as me not being hit at all.

1 2 3 ›