just revert the pallet change

The pallet buff is horrible. It doesn't matter how close the killer is or if they swing. As long as the survivor presses the pallet button they will not take damage by m1 even if it shows them getting hit. This encourages pallet camping and the survivor has no fear at all if they time it right or not. This encourages pallet camping, makes pallet cities even more in the survivors favor and more aggravating for m1 killers and hits that should hit at pallets doesn't work anymore. Either revert the change or work on it some more to give the killer at least some chance with pallets or expect to see more ranged killers being played. Especially trickster.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • You realize it has been the opposite for years? Killers getting BS hits they don't deserve, survivor gets the stun and still hits the ground. NO, it is about time this change has happened.

    Don't worry, they will be removing the sound of the survivor getting hit soon.

  • @Clevite said:

    You realize it has been the opposite for years? Killers getting BS hits they don't deserve, survivor gets the stun and still hits the ground. NO, it is about time this change has happened.

    Don't worry, they will be removing the sound of the survivor getting hit soon.

    then like I said, they can work on the system more to give the killer some chance because its just making pallet cities more horrendous for m1 killers and pallet campers have no worry or punishment. and even if you loop wrong the pallet is 100% in the survivors favor now so they also dont have much of a worry

  • @pizzavessel15 said:

    The pallet buff is horrible. It doesn't matter how close the killer is or if they swing. As long as the survivor presses the pallet button they will not take damage by m1 even if it shows them getting hit. This encourages pallet camping and the survivor has no fear at all if they time it right or not. This encourages pallet camping, makes pallet cities even more in the survivors favor and more aggravating for m1 killers and hits that should hit at pallets doesn't work anymore. Either revert the change or work on it some more to give the killer at least some chance with pallets or expect to see more ranged killers being played. Especially trickster.

    Right now the system is designed to prioritise the player who's action the server recognises first - which is a fair system. It doesn't prioritise survivors and it doesn't prioritise killers. It prioritises the person who's action was done first.

    The issue arises, in that the killer gets the feedback that they've completed a successful hit prior to the server rejecting that hit (this is done like this to avoid any delays in waiting for every action to be validated by the server). The server rejects the hit because the survivor had completed their action prior to the killers.

  • @pizzavessel15 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2403478#Comment_2403478

    then like I said, they can work on the system more to give the killer some chance because its just making pallet cities more horrendous for m1 killers and pallet campers have no worry or punishment. and even if you loop wrong the pallet is 100% in the survivors favor now so they also dont have much of a worry

    Pallets have been death traps for years. It is kinda nice to add an element of safety back to pallets.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/270631/just-revert-the-pallet-change

    Right now the system is designed to prioritise the player who's action the server recognises first - which is a fair system. It doesn't prioritise survivors and it doesn't prioritise killers. It prioritises the person who's action was done first.

    The issue arises, in that the killer gets the feedback that they've completed a successful hit prior to the server rejecting that hit (this is done like this to avoid any delays in waiting for every action to be validated by the server). The server rejects the hit because the survivor had completed their action prior to the killers.

    So basically interactions at palettes are swing early and hope the server recognizes your hit first or you just straight up get rejected? How is that more fair than Survivors and Killers trading hits and stuns?

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2403500#Comment_2403500

    Pallets have been death traps for years. It is kinda nice to add an element of safety back to pallets.

    I am pretty sure your Wraith picture is just for show.

    I play Wraith a lot lately and he got screwed by this probably most, because of lot of uncloaking mind games next to pallet with survivors. I sometimes get it multiple times in one game.

    Thing is that based on description they showed, survivors got a lot of extra time. They don't need to finish that animation, they just need to start it, which I don't think is right.

  • @ReikoMori said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2403510#Comment_2403510

    So basically interactions at palettes are swing early and hope the server recognizes your hit first or you just straight up get rejected? How is that more fair than Survivors and Killers trading hits and stuns?

    even when you do that its almost certainly going to recognize the survivor and with the killer feedback getting the hit but they don't take damage feels extremely aggravating and punishing to the killer. This will lead to people using ranged killers more or using something to make their ping high for a advantage

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/270631/just-revert-the-pallet-change

    Right now the system is designed to prioritise the player who's action the server recognises first - which is a fair system. It doesn't prioritise survivors and it doesn't prioritise killers. It prioritises the person who's action was done first.

    The issue arises, in that the killer gets the feedback that they've completed a successful hit prior to the server rejecting that hit (this is done like this to avoid any delays in waiting for every action to be validated by the server). The server rejects the hit because the survivor had completed their action prior to the killers.

    this is a bad change with good intentions... it encourages the wrong stuff and make it more punishing for killers on certain maps. it encourages the survivors to camp more at pallets or not be so good at looping and encourages killers to leave m1 killers for more of a chance or to use high ping for more of an advantage.. I know it doesn't prioritize anyone but it certainly goes towards the survivor in almost any case

  • They fixed the pallets stun, and some people are mad about not being able to get free hits anymore 🙄

    But yet they fixed the grab now, yet you don't hear anyone complaining about that...

    Anyway they will removed the screams and hit noise, so you guys don't feel "robed" of a hit.

  • @Trickstaaaaa said:

    They fixed the pallets stun, and some people are mad about not being able to get free hits anymore 🙄

    But yet they fixed the grab now, yet you don't hear anyone complaining about that...

    Anyway they will removed the screams and hit noise, so you guys don't feel "robed" of a hit.

    Well, but we know we are getting "robbed".

    Problem is that survivos don't need to finish animation, they just need to start it and server will protect them.

    Try to play Wraith for some time and you will see.

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2404050#Comment_2404050

    Well, but we know we are getting "robbed".

    Problem is that survivos don't need to finish animation, they just need to start it and server will protect them.

    Try to play Wraith for some time and you will see.

    And yeah I played killer lately, not wraith but legion. And yeah I had it happen to to a couple of times. But guess what it's not a big deal. They fixed the stuns which survivors were dealing for years, getting hit through pallets when it should not have happened. But they also fixed the grabs, so why is everyone mad about two unfair things getting fixed? I mean one since everyone is fine with the grab fix but not the pallet fix.

  • @Trickstaaaaa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2404061#Comment_2404061

    And yeah I played killer lately, not wraith but legion. And yeah I had it happen to to a couple of times. But guess what it's not a big deal. They fixed the stuns which survivors were dealing for years, getting hit through pallets when it should not have happened. But they also fixed the grabs, so why is everyone mad about two unfair things getting fixed? I mean one since everyone is fine with the grab fix but not the pallet fix.

    That's easy. How many times have you seen grap fix and how many times pallet?

    I haven't seen single grap fix, but lot of pallets in my face and I play with 30 ms ping, so that is not issue.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ4fUJrYirA

    Does those stuns seem right to you?

    Survivor just needs to start it. Sorry, but that is just not point where you should get stunned. Right now, you get stunned way sooner, because it doesn't wait for end of animation, so even if you hit, server will protect survivor.

  • @Trickstaaaaa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2404061#Comment_2404061

    And yeah I played killer lately, not wraith but legion. And yeah I had it happen to to a couple of times. But guess what it's not a big deal. They fixed the stuns which survivors were dealing for years, getting hit through pallets when it should not have happened. But they also fixed the grabs, so why is everyone mad about two unfair things getting fixed? I mean one since everyone is fine with the grab fix but not the pallet fix.

    they didn't fix getting hit through pallet. they just pretty much added total protection on pallets and they no longer require timing anymore in order to be safe. this makes certain maps unbearable and hits that 100% should hit doesn't work anymore. as soon as the survivor presses the button the killer is not getting the hit no matter what

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2404071#Comment_2404071

    That's easy. How many times have you seen grap fix and how many times pallet?

    I haven't seen single grap fix, but lot of pallets in my face and I play with 30 ms ping, so that is not issue.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ4fUJrYirA

    Does those stuns seem right to you?

    Survivor just needs to start it. Sorry, but that is just not point where you should get stunned. Right now, you get stunned way sooner, because it doesn't wait for end of animation, so even if you hit, server will protect survivor.

    this is why they need to work on it more or revert the change

  • @pizzavessel15 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2404071#Comment_2404071

    they didn't fix getting hit through pallet. they just pretty much added total protection on pallets and they no longer require timing anymore in order to be safe. this makes certain maps unbearable and hits that 100% should hit doesn't work anymore. as soon as the survivor presses the button the killer is not getting the hit no matter what

    I wouldn't mind if they fixed some really delayed hits over pallets, but this is just too much.

    I don't think it is possible to trade hits under pallet, unless survivor is noob and throw it after you hit him.

    Stun is supposed to be when there is pallet on your head, not when survivor touches pallet...

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2404094#Comment_2404094

    I wouldn't mind if they fixed some really delayed hits over pallets, but this is just too much.

    I don't think it is possible to trade hits under pallet, unless survivor is noob and throw it after you hit him.

    Stun is supposed to be when there is pallet on your head, not when survivor touches pallet...

    I know. this is just stupid and it'll encourage the wrong stuff (pallet camping, people not looping right, killers using high ping to get around it ect) this is a bad and unnecessary change with good intentions

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2403633#Comment_2403633

    I am pretty sure your Wraith picture is just for show.

    I play Wraith a lot lately and he got screwed by this probably most, because of lot of uncloaking mind games next to pallet with survivors. I sometimes get it multiple times in one game.

    Thing is that based on description they showed, survivors got a lot of extra time. They don't need to finish that animation, they just need to start it, which I don't think is right.

    I don't really give a ######### what you think about my avatar.

    For Years the hits were BS the other way. It's nice that pallets have some semblance of safety now.

    I don't respect #########, so my game play as killer hasn't changed at all. I just chew through their resources with a few more stuns.

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2404033#Comment_2404033

    I don't really give a ######### what you think about my avatar.

    For Years the hits were BS the other way. It's nice that pallets have some semblance of safety now.

    I don't respect #########, so my game play as killer hasn't changed at all. I just chew through their resources with a few more stuns.

    What I am saying that they didn't fixed issue, they just buffed pallets.

    Stun is supposed to happen when pallet hits your head, not when survivors touches pallet and server will protect him.

    I wouldn't mind if they fixed it, because I play with low ping. But this is not the case. Trades are not possible anymore unless survivor is bad and throw it after you hit him.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/270631/just-revert-the-pallet-change

    Right now the system is designed to prioritise the player who's action the server recognises first - which is a fair system. It doesn't prioritise survivors and it doesn't prioritise killers. It prioritises the person who's action was done first.

    The issue arises, in that the killer gets the feedback that they've completed a successful hit prior to the server rejecting that hit (this is done like this to avoid any delays in waiting for every action to be validated by the server). The server rejects the hit because the survivor had completed their action prior to the killers.

    So what you are saying is that it will prioritise who ever lives closest to the server be it a survivor or killer? Doesn't seem very fair to me.

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2404050#Comment_2404050

    Well, but we know we are getting "robbed".

    Problem is that survivos don't need to finish animation, they just need to start it and server will protect them.

    Try to play Wraith for some time and you will see.

    This has happened as survivor for a long time. Not only with pallets, but getting pulled out of closed lockers and grabbed off of gens or vaults despite letting go or making it across in time. As long as killer begins pressing the button (and it looks legit from their end), you're boned. It's a problem with the game itself imo.

    Pallets seem much more fair now, and it's still possible to drop it too early or to get too greedy and miss. Afaik, this only changes how it recognizes things. Instead of prioritizing both (which is what I assume still happens with the aforementioned locker/gen/vault situations), it picks one over the other.

  • @Apollos said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2404061#Comment_2404061

    This has happened as survivor for a long time. Not only with pallets, but getting pulled out of closed lockers and grabbed off of gens or vaults despite letting go or making it across in time. As long as killer begins pressing the button (and it looks legit from their end), you're boned. It's a problem with the game itself imo.

    Pallets seem much more fair now, and it's still possible to drop it too early or to get too greedy and miss. Afaik, this only changes how it recognizes things. Instead of prioritizing both (which is what I assume still happens with the aforementioned locker/gen/vault situations), it picks one over the other.

    "grabbed off of gens or vaults despite letting go"

    Since when? I got screwed by missed grabs so many times. It is not 100% grab and even now you sometimes don't get that transition to m1 they promised.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ4fUJrYirA

    Does this seem fair to you?

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2404996#Comment_2404996

    "grabbed off of gens or vaults despite letting go"

    Since when? I got screwed by missed grabs so many times. It is not 100% grab and even now you sometimes don't get that transition to m1 they promised.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ4fUJrYirA

    Does this seem fair to you?

    Since the entire time I've been playing lol There's been several times where I've let go of gen and the killer pulls me off. The vaulting is less common, but it does happen. Locker happens constantly. Try running Head On and take note of your results.

    Like I said, as long as the game itself is borked, there's always going to be issues. The way they described the new system makes sense, so reverting it doesn't seem like it's going to really fix the problem that had already existed. Hopefully once it's ironed out (good luck seeing how long that'll be though tbh), it'll be better overall. That includes the video you posted, where all the sounds of a successful hit trigger even though the server doesn't recognize it as one. It's a bug they intend to fix, like someone else mentioned earlier.

  • This is hogwash.


    Since the change there have been threads posted of survivors upset because they threw the pallet and got hit. This happens because, I assume in the most ideal circumstances, the killer's swing must come before the pallet is halfway down or it's a miss. Animation doesn't mean s**t. That needs to be fixed.

    But this isn't a buff, it's really a bug fix. Forever, a killer mashing the hit button anywhere near a pallet got a hit no matter what the case seemed to be. I have literally fallen on the ground 20 feet from a pallet after getting 'hit' at the pallet. That was an extreme in the opposite. Because the hit registration was admittedly and by design KILLER SIDED. How can killers say that something is not fair that does it's best to allow whichever action is done first to 'win'?

    Killers have been spoiled by pallet auto-hits for too long and now instead of upping their game or figuring out how to play with this change, they just want it reverted back to unfair. Sorry, I think this is wrong.

  • The current system is fair, the old one always favored the killer and survivors had to deal with BS hits all the time. Now, it doesn't favor anyone and killer mains, the same people who apparently care so much about balance and fairness, are crying rivers to have their unfair advantage restored.

  • Seems like somebody get used to unfairness so much that he cannot accept the one which is fair

  • @Sypherpathic said:

    This is hogwash.

    Since the change there have been threads posted of survivors upset because they threw the pallet and got hit. This happens because, I assume in the most ideal circumstances, the killer's swing must come before the pallet is halfway down or it's a miss. Animation doesn't mean s**t. That needs to be fixed.

    But this isn't a buff, it's really a bug fix. Forever, a killer mashing the hit button anywhere near a pallet got a hit no matter what the case seemed to be. I have literally fallen on the ground 20 feet from a pallet after getting 'hit' at the pallet. That was an extreme in the opposite. Because the hit registration was admittedly and by design KILLER SIDED. How can killers say that something is not fair that does it's best to allow whichever action is done first to 'win'?

    Killers have been spoiled by pallet auto-hits for too long and now instead of upping their game or figuring out how to play with this change, they just want it reverted back to unfair. Sorry, I think this is wrong.

    "instead of upping their game or figuring out how to play with this change"

    How can I change how I play, when I can't trust what I see?

    It was easy as survivor, just don't greed pallets. What is killer supposed to do? Respect everything? We know how that will end...

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2405024#Comment_2405024

    "instead of upping their game or figuring out how to play with this change"

    How can I change how I play, when I can't trust what I see?

    It was easy as survivor, just don't greed pallets. What is killer supposed to do? Respect everything? We know how that will end...

    Hmm, well for me, I just go ahead and break the pallets and get on with my game? I'm not a ranked killer by any means, I only play sometimes. Aren't there other ways to outsmart survivors besides relying on getting a guaranteed hit because you're standing near a pallet? That's what it's been before this change. Now, I think you can't rely on that guaranteed hit.

    Are killers really losing matches because of this change? I asked in another thread and I don't believe anyone answered. I think that's because it's just annoying rather than threatening your game, but I'm not sure.

  • @Sypherpathic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2405048#Comment_2405048

    Hmm, well for me, I just go ahead and break the pallets and get on with my game? I'm not a ranked killer by any means, I only play sometimes. Aren't there other ways to outsmart survivors besides relying on getting a guaranteed hit because you're standing near a pallet? That's what it's been before this change. Now, I think you can't rely on that guaranteed hit.

    Are killers really losing matches because of this change? I asked in another thread and I don't believe anyone answered. I think that's because it's just annoying rather than threatening your game, but I'm not sure.

    Do you really think that you can't lose game because you didn't manage to down survivor fast enough, because of rejected hit?

    You said that killers are supposed to play better and figuring out how to play with this change. Then tell me how?

    There is nothing we can do differently, just mind game and hope survivor will do even bigger mistake than before. There is nothing we can change about it.

    and what do you mean guaranteed hits?

    I play with 30 ms ping, so it shouldn't affect me, if it is to counter laggers.

    Sorry but stun is supposed to happen when pallet hit my head, not when survivors touches pallet.

  • Imagine if survivors had their vaults rolled back vs Doctor's shock if the server validation decided they were shocked before vaulting xD

  • @Rogue11 said:

    Imagine if survivors had their vaults rolled back vs Doctor's shock if the server validation decided they were shocked before vaulting xD

    Well, as they said for pallets- it would be fair, right?

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2405055#Comment_2405055

    Do you really think that you can't lose game because you didn't manage to down survivor fast enough, because of rejected hit?

    You said that killers are supposed to play better and figuring out how to play with this change. Then tell me how?

    There is nothing we can do differently, just mind game and hope survivor will do even bigger mistake than before. There is nothing we can change about it.

    and what do you mean guaranteed hits?

    I play with 30 ms ping, so it shouldn't affect me, if it is to counter laggers.

    Sorry but stun is supposed to happen when pallet hit my head, not when survivors touches pallet.

    It happens when the pallet is halfway down, so that's incorrect. If you swing before the pallet is halfway down, with your 30 ping, you should be getting those hits. Sorry you can't figure that out, I guess.

  • @Sypherpathic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2405077#Comment_2405077

    It happens when the pallet is halfway down, so that's incorrect. If you swing before the pallet is halfway down, with your 30 ping, you should be getting those hits. Sorry you can't figure that out, I guess.

    If you watched that video, you can see clearly it is not the case. Even their description said that server cares about who started action first, not animation.

    I played Wraith a lot and he gets this really often, because his unloacking mind game next to pallets. Sorry, but if you experience it with low ping, then they didn't fix just laggers, they nerfed every killer.

    And you still didn't tell me how to play around this change...

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2405085#Comment_2405085

    If you watched that video, you can see clearly it is not the case. Even their description said that server cares about who started action first, not animation.

    I played Wraith a lot and he gets this really often, because his unloacking mind game next to pallets. Sorry, but if you experience it with low ping, then they didn't fix just laggers, they nerfed every killer.

    And you still didn't tell me how to play around this change...

    I'm going off of this thread. MandyTalk has stated that the hit should happen if the pallet has not made it halfway and the hit should not/stun should happen if it's past halfway. Yes, the actuality is based on who has the lower ping. I guess you must be going against people with <30 ping.

    I play with around 55 ping and the only problem that I see is the animation sometimes. But I don't rely on free hits at pallets, so...

    I think the solution is to somehow avoid giving the killer the impression they've gotten the hit when the server verifies that they haven't, not reverting the change. it just needs a little more work.

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2405080#Comment_2405080

    Well, as they said for pallets- it would be fair, right?

    I'd say so yeah. As long as the shock was first lol

  • @Sypherpathic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2405090#Comment_2405090

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/268595/the-pallet-fix-is-amazing

    I'm going off of this thread. MandyTalk has stated that the hit should happen if the pallet has not made it halfway and the hit should not/stun should happen if it's past halfway. Yes, the actuality is based on who has the lower ping. I guess you must be going against people with <30 ping.

    I play with around 55 ping and the only problem that I see is the animation sometimes. But I don't rely on free hits at pallets, so...

    I think the solution is to somehow avoid giving the killer the impression they've gotten the hit when the server verifies that they haven't, not reverting the change. it just needs a little more work.

    I actually don't think it's possible to fix that, I could well be wrong but given the entire client was written with pier to pier in mind and not written for dedicated server I don't think there's a way your client won't register the hit and you visually see it before the server disqualifies the damage.

    Honestly I'm pretty used to just double checking the second a hit goes through now anyway.

  • @Sypherpathic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2405048#Comment_2405048

    Hmm, well for me, I just go ahead and break the pallets and get on with my game? I'm not a ranked killer by any means, I only play sometimes. Aren't there other ways to outsmart survivors besides relying on getting a guaranteed hit because you're standing near a pallet? That's what it's been before this change. Now, I think you can't rely on that guaranteed hit.

    Are killers really losing matches because of this change? I asked in another thread and I don't believe anyone answered. I think that's because it's just annoying rather than threatening your game, but I'm not sure.

    A lot of killers are loosing because of this because it denies their hit no matter what. Even if it is a fair hit. There are a lot of videos about it right now. This is extremely damaging to m1 killers and makes survivor sided maps even more unbearable for killer. They say it doesn't prioritize anyone but it defiantly favors survivors. you say just break it and move on but do you know some maps have pallet after pallet after pallet. this will drive almost anyone crazy getting stunned or having to break pallets over and over and over. killer is stressful enough and this doesn't help with it in anyway

  • @KajdanKi said:

    Seems like somebody get used to unfairness so much that he cannot accept the one which is fair

    seems like someone cant tell if something is fair or not. before this it could use some work yes but this change is outright unfair. survivor mains are saying its fair when really it isn't. Yall know and killers know that they are now unable to damage or hit you no matter what at pallets and that isn't fair at all

  • @Artick said:

    The current system is fair, the old one always favored the killer and survivors had to deal with BS hits all the time. Now, it doesn't favor anyone and killer mains, the same people who apparently care so much about balance and fairness, are crying rivers to have their unfair advantage restored.

    this isn't fair. you say it doesn't favor survivors when it really does. literally look up videos of it. hits that should hit does not work anymore because survivors are invincible to m1 as soon as the press the pallet button. that has been tested and ofc it was in the survivors favor. The old one also wasn't in the killers favor, the survivor literally just needed to time everything right and loop right (not talking about the pallet bug) and that required skill. now they dont need to do that because they know without a doubt the server will 100% protect them.

  • @Sypherpathic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2405077#Comment_2405077

    It happens when the pallet is halfway down, so that's incorrect. If you swing before the pallet is halfway down, with your 30 ping, you should be getting those hits. Sorry you can't figure that out, I guess.

    that isn't how it works. as long as the survivor presses the pallet button they will not get hit. There are a lot of videos of people doing exactly what you're saying and it doesn't hit.

  • @Clevite said:

    You realize it has been the opposite for years? Killers getting BS hits they don't deserve, survivor gets the stun and still hits the ground. NO, it is about time this change has happened.

    Don't worry, they will be removing the sound of the survivor getting hit soon.

    Just because because it was unbalanced for one side for a long time doesn't mean unbalance it the other way now for a while. ever hear of two wrongs don't make a right? swinging through pallets should still be possible just more difficult with a smaller window of time.

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2404050#Comment_2404050

    Well, but we know we are getting "robbed".

    Problem is that survivos don't need to finish animation, they just need to start it and server will protect them.

    Try to play Wraith for some time and you will see.

    That's incorrect. Per the update, "As you can see, the server receives the pallet stun first, and then knows to reject the Killer’s hit as a result. That said, we have not changed how the mechanic of a pallet stun works – the pallet will still need to be approximately 50% of the way down before it stuns the Killer."

    The survivor has to initiate a stun before the killer swings, and the pallet must also be about 50% down. It's not simply "starting it."

  • @Trag1cBrons0n said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2403478#Comment_2403478

    Just because because it was unbalanced for one side for a long time doesn't mean unbalance it the other way now for a while. ever hear of two wrongs don't make a right? swinging through pallets should still be possible just more difficult with a smaller window of time.

    It is still possible. I get hits all the time still, but not the free BS ones.

    2 wrongs don't make a right? Is this really your argument? Is this kindergarten?

    I'm sure when it was going the other way you were making posts about how unfair this was for survivors.

    Only people crying about this are those that didn't care about true balance and want EZ hits.

  • @AshInTheTallGrass said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2404061#Comment_2404061

    That's incorrect. Per the update, "As you can see, the server receives the pallet stun first, and then knows to reject the Killer’s hit as a result. That said, we have not changed how the mechanic of a pallet stun works – the pallet will still need to be approximately 50% of the way down before it stuns the Killer."

    The survivor has to initiate a stun before the killer swings, and the pallet must also be about 50% down. It's not simply "starting it."

    Right...because everything in this game works the way the devs say it's supposed to work.

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2406308#Comment_2406308

    It is still possible. I get hits all the time still, but not the free BS ones.

    2 wrongs don't make a right? Is this really your argument? Is this kindergarten?

    I'm sure when it was going the other way you were making posts about how unfair this was for survivors.

    Only people crying about this are those that didn't care about true balance and want EZ hits.

    I'm always getting robbed of hits through pallets. See the blood, hear the scream, it was a hit. And while you wanna throw insults around at everyone who doesn't agree with you. I found the person that is a survivor main with a killer profile picture.

  • @Guest1567432 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2406747#Comment_2406747

    I'm always getting robbed of hits through pallets. See the blood, hear the scream, it was a hit. And while you wanna throw insults around at everyone who doesn't agree with you. I found the person that is a survivor main with a killer profile picture.

    No friend. I play both, but I found the person that really gives a ######### about an avatar. Like it has any bearing on who you are as a person or gamer.

    When did I insult you? 🤔

    The hit animation is a bug and will be fixed. The Devs have already stated this. So after this fix, are people still going to cry about getting robbed of their hits? When it's completely subjective and no evidence to support their claim?

    And , surely you must have advocated for the other side these last few years. When you got the stun but somehow still ended up on the ground?

    Or that was totally fair?

  • @pizzavessel15 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2405085#Comment_2405085

    that isn't how it works. as long as the survivor presses the pallet button they will not get hit. There are a lot of videos of people doing exactly what you're saying and it doesn't hit.

    This is a video of a survivor throwing the pallet and then getting hit.

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2405055#Comment_2405055

    Do you really think that you can't lose game because you didn't manage to down survivor fast enough, because of rejected hit?

    You said that killers are supposed to play better and figuring out how to play with this change. Then tell me how?

    There is nothing we can do differently, just mind game and hope survivor will do even bigger mistake than before. There is nothing we can change about it.

    and what do you mean guaranteed hits?

    I play with 30 ms ping, so it shouldn't affect me, if it is to counter laggers.

    Sorry but stun is supposed to happen when pallet hit my head, not when survivors touches pallet.

    You gotta have future vision to play the game since you can't really hit through pallets even though the game gives all the indicators that they got hit and the speed boost to boot

  • @Artick said:

    The current system is fair, the old one always favored the killer and survivors had to deal with BS hits all the time. Now, it doesn't favor anyone and killer mains, the same people who apparently care so much about balance and fairness, are crying rivers to have their unfair advantage restored.

    It most certainly favors someone. It favors the action that the server can recognize first, the problem is that when getting your action completely rejected is bad. The key thing about the old implementation was BOTH SIDES TRADED BLOWS. Neither side was immune from consequence and survivors needed to play palettes which a bit more sense and timing same as the killer did. Now one side is literally invulnerable and very likely to just run off from an engagement with zero consequence. You can even stay on the same side of the palette as the killer get your stun and somehow not get hit as well.

    If that is what you feel is fair, idk what to say.

  • @Clevite said:

    You realize it has been the opposite for years? Killers getting BS hits they don't deserve, survivor gets the stun and still hits the ground. NO, it is about time this change has happened.

    Don't worry, they will be removing the sound of the survivor getting hit soon.

    No, that's just the survivors being greedy for the pallet stun and waiting for the last possible second to drop it. Now they get those all the time with no risk involved because now pallets make them invincible.

  • @Trickstaaaaa said:

    They fixed the pallets stun, and some people are mad about not being able to get free hits anymore 🙄

    But yet they fixed the grab now, yet you don't hear anyone complaining about that...

    Anyway they will removed the screams and hit noise, so you guys don't feel "robed" of a hit.

    Grabs weren't fixed. We still don't get the grabs even though we clearly see the animation for a second. Giving us a hit does not make up for a lost grab, because we should have got the grab.

    And they better not remove the scream and hit, because if we're going to be robbed of a hit through a pallet, we'd at least like to know that it happened.

‹ 1 2