should dbd map offerings leave?
what do u think about it? i mean objectively not with survivor or killer biass, just objectively.,.. are map offerings good and healthy for the game?
what do u think about it? i mean objectively not with survivor or killer biass, just objectively.,.. are map offerings good and healthy for the game?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
At least make them ultra rares or something. It's kind of stupid every bloodweb has 2~3. I don't think I should be able to choose the map I want to play EVERY match.
Meh, I like them. Maybe increase their rarity to Very Rare but that's just my opinion.
I have no issues with them as they take up the offering spot - so the survivor/killer can't bring a map offering and something else. I rarely use map offerings - usually it's if I have been getting a certain map a lot - I will choose something completely different. Granted I rarely SWF, but when I do - we have never brought a map offering - usually it's Luck or Chest offerings we bring.
At the very least I feel the Sacrificial Ward should be a common offering, so killers and survivors can actually use them more. I legit haven't seen one be used since it came out.
I’ve seen a few used but there were no map offerings used when they were burned. Useless. I agree they should be common.
is a pain in the ass when i consistently get send to haddonfield or farms, sometimes to closed maps i dont particularly like that at all, map offerings should be way rarer to get imo, also should cost 7k bp each.-
Yes they are a waste of bloodpoints and unhealthy for the game
They're not a healthy mechanic. Almost always used as weapons by either side because map balance is poor. I think maps should be a component of the loadout screen, that way players can make informed build decisions or skip the lobby entirely if they're a killer like Billy and it's an indoor map. You can't get meaningful data when the game is never optimized by players.
So sorta like call of duty in a way where the map is displayed in the lobby?
I used a ton of map offerings showing my new friend around the fog
I even sent him to Midwich to show him true pain
They are unfun for both sides. But I feel like they still have a purpose to stay for achievements, Tome Challenges, and just the fact that anyone can use them.
What I do think they should do, is make them cost much more bloodpoints, even if they're green items. That and make the Sacrificial Ward a common offering.
Something like that. It just feels like a complete waste of time trying to play Hag on Rotten Fields or Blight on Lerys.
Mapofferings have a great impact on the game and are quite powerful. On the survivor side the whole team is usually prepared accordingly, for example with balanced landing on Haddonfield or on the killer side Doctor, Legion or T1 Myers on an Indoormap. The side with the offering is usually hard to beat.
Personally, I actually only use an offering after I've been on the same map several times and just finally want to play a different one.
The idea to increase the rarity I find very good, on the one hand that would mean less per boodweb, so you can also bypass them easier if you do not want them and on the other hand mapofferings are also too strong, as that you have them too much on each character.
Map offerings are generally used to provide an in-game advantage for one side. Some people don't but that is undeniably the most common use. I think what edgar suggested is a great idea, you can keep them for people who don't do that and give people the chance to dodge lobbies or run a sacrificial ward (which is a completely useless offering atm, i've seen only one since they were introduced lmao)
I wouldn't care even a little bit if they were removed from the game tbh.
They should go the way of moon offerings
They seem fine to me. It is more a pot-luck offering. Like if a survivor has a Haddonfield offering, but I have a Trapper killer, then it's often bad news for them. Other offerings that encompass several maps, like Azarov's Key, could render you in any area.
As well as this, it's not a common thing to have a map offering put in place anyway, so sometimes it's a bit of variety.
It's really not as troublesome as it can be made out to be. All that could be done to change map offerings slightly is to make the rare offering that cancels map offerings to trump 4 identical map offerings, rather than it be the other way round. Yet, in fairness, that happens perhaps once in 1,000,000 times.
The only time I've seen map offerings to feel bs is 4 person swfs, all with balanced landing, offering 4 haddonfield offerings to make sure, even if a sacrificial ward is played, they're going to their map of choice. I do think they have their benefits besides trying to make the other side feel miserable, like Tome Challenges, maybe a new map just released (no matter how painful said map is), rituals, whatever it is.
They aren't my favorite though, they just feel like they take up space. I would definitely like to get rid of them.
back when there were only a few maps they might have been a good idea, but with over 30 maps of varying balance in the game i think it's best if they are removed
now that i think about it it sounds a lot like TF2s random crits, a idea that was good back in the day but leads to a myriad of problems nowadays
With how unbalanced maps are in this game, these offerings shouldnt even exist
Give them their own rarity and make them not take up too much spots per bloodweb.
currently they are taking away spots for other green rarity offerings and map offerings are way too common.
also -as with all offerings/items/addons- we need a recycle system. There are just some maps I will never use for certain killers but the bloodweb forces me to buy the offering again and again..
tbh im not impressed by the responses... BHVR should do some changes to them getting send to coldwin, haddonfield, raccon city, sometimes i just alt f4 so i dont get bored.
i hate map offerings they need to go.
I like some of the ideas about increasing rarity, but at that point, if 2 or more map offerings go up, someone wasted a rare offering for a map they wanted to play. Only way I think that would be fair is the map offering(s) that lose refund to the player. It IS a bit silly to be able to pretty much pick a map you wanna play every match.
I think they appear a bit too frequently at times in the Bloodweb. Gets to be annoying at how many I have rotting because I'd rather use BP Offerings unless I'm doing a meme build like Scratch Mirror Myers
I feel like they should increase in rarity but that's about it.