How do people on here not complain about Blight more?

3/4 (, if not more), Blights run Ruin+Undying+Tinkerer (, which is an already abused and unfun combo) and the game just becomes extremely unfun (I'd honestly rather a spirit without stridor than this, but thats personal preference). But what baffles me is that more people on here don't complain about him (or ever). It's always Spirit. Am I the only one who feels like this is such an unfun combo to play against, and possible the worst one out of the entire game? I talked to my friends who play (it's only 2) and one of them doesn't mind blight, and the other one "doesn't play enough to know how he feels anymore".

Comments

  • Given up complaining. Blight mains keep finding ways to abuse his power from J flick to z flick (still in the game btw) and now "hugging"

  • Because doing two totems isn't that hard.

  • He is if he doesn't run the small PP build, which most do. Whenever that happens, he's spirit tier of unfun (and more popular than her too, so it ends up being even more frustrating if you verse more than 1 day)..

  • @Zozzy said:

    Given up complaining. Blight mains keep finding ways to abuse his power from J flick to z flick (still in the game btw) and now "hugging"

    What's that?

  • @GrimoireWeiss said:

    Because doing two totems isn't that hard.

    You haven't met my teams! And a blight has a very good shot of defending them because of his map pressure. It's just a very strong combo and there's a reason killers who don't know how to map pressure it use this combo. And if it "isn't that hard" it wouldn't be in more than 50% of red ranked games.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2394531#Comment_2394531

    Oh man. How dare them use the perks at their disposal. That gives them the best chance at winning. 

    Imagine not wanting to run ######### perks that will just get you ######### on.

    Alright, you are clearly showing that talking to you is pointless. So, :) I'll just leave it here. (Shame there's no mute button on here).

    If you can check the bias at the door, maybe we can continue!

  • @derppug said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2394526#Comment_2394526

    You haven't met my teams! And a blight has a very good shot of defending them because of his map pressure. It's just a very strong combo and there's a reason killers who don't know how to map pressure it use this combo. And if it "isn't that hard" it wouldn't be in more than 50% of red ranked games.

    This seems more like a your team problem than a Blight one.

  • @GrimoireWeiss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2394534#Comment_2394534

    This seems more like a your team problem than a Blight one.

    It's a Blight problem because of his kit + how much the game autopilots him with these perks.

    Also, you are ignoring the fact that this combo is in more than 50% of red ranked games, showing how consistently strong it is. Pair it with an S-tier killer (, Spirit or Blight) and it just becomes an unfun match because either they are overly strong (due to being S-tier killers running the strongest perk combo) or are complete babies (making the game a joke because smashing new players is just as unfun).

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2394541#Comment_2394541

    I mean. That's exactly what folks sound like when they say "all blights run this build"

    Yet survivors can run whatever. And no issues. You don't feel killers arnt sick of always seeing DH, DS, BT, Prove thyself, unbreakable, etc ?

    I didn't say all. I said most. There's a huge difference.

  • There's plenty of posts complaining about Blight, especially using that build.

  • Well so far I’m using BBQ, Spirit Fury, Enduring, I’m All Ears on Blight. No gen regression so not all Blights run that build you mentioned.

  • @Ghoste said:

    There's plenty of posts complaining about Blight, especially using that build.

    I don't really see them when I come on here (admittedly I'm on reddit much more, which also avoid talking about how this build on blight is not very fair/fun).

  • Because this combination can be eliminated by just doing two totems. This isn’t Old Undying. Two bones are manageable. And there’s enough counters to Blight in chase

  • @GannTM said:

    Well so far I’m using BBQ, Spirit Fury, Enduring, I’m All Ears on Blight. No gen regression so not all Blights run that build you mentioned.

    Again, I said most. not all. There's always players who, 1) are good enough to not need regression perks, 2) recognize how unfun the extreme meta build is and don't run it, 3) want to improve map pressure skills and/or don't care about 4k'ing every game, 4) understand that running meta perks on an S-tier killer is overkill. You fall into one of these categories. And I'm sure many others do. But that still doesn't change the fact that if you verse a Blight, you can probably expect this build.

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    Because this combination can be eliminated by just doing two totems. This isn’t Old Undying. Two bones are manageable. And there’s enough counters to Blight in chase

    But by that argument, if it was that easy then this build wouldn't be more common than not in higher ranks. There's a reason why it's so common - it's extremely strong. In theory, yes it's easy to eliminate 2 totems. And yes, in some games it is extremely easy. And sure, if I play with an SWF, I'd imagine it would also be easy. But as a solo queue survivor, it's hard. You get killers who camp totems. You'll see loads of unlit ones. You'll get extremely well hidden ones. You'll get survivors who don't understand to look for the totems first, especially verse a high map pressure killer and just end up wasting a ton of time getting pushed off gens (and trying to go back to it), etc.

  • That build isn't fun to against, but I do enjoy going against Blight without those perks. Can't blame people for using them, tho.

  • @derppug said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2394560#Comment_2394560

    But by that argument, if it was that easy then this build wouldn't be more common than not in higher ranks. There's a reason why it's so common - it's extremely strong. In theory, yes it's easy to eliminate 2 totems. And yes, in some games it is extremely easy. And sure, if I play with an SWF, I'd imagine it would also be easy. But as a solo queue survivor, it's hard.

    I didn’t say this was a weak combo simply a strong one that you can deal with. A good Blight can deliver pressure to keep survivors away from bones with his mobility and possibility to get downs dry fast against survivors who don’t understand which loops work against Blight. 5 bones could be too much. But, only two with how spawns can be and how loud hexes are this is fine

  • Idk what world you live on where people haven't been complaining about Blight's running strong meta perks.

    Killers are free to run whatever perks they want, they do not require the permission of entitled survivors about their builds.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    That build isn't fun to against, but I do enjoy going against Blight without those perks. Can't blame people for using them, tho.

    You can't. And Blight isn't bad when he's not running them, I agree. I wish they'd nerf the combo a tiny bit more to make it less of a meta build. It's not fun playing verse a perk combo most games in red ranks. There's no mixture.

  • @derppug said:

    3/4 (, if not more), Blights run Ruin+Undying+Tinkerer (, which is an already abused and unfun combo) and the game just becomes extremely unfun (I'd honestly rather a spirit without stridor than this, but thats personal preference). But what baffles me is that more people on here don't complain about him (or ever). It's always Spirit. Am I the only one who feels like this is such an unfun combo to play against, and possible the worst one out of the entire game? I talked to my friends who play (it's only 2) and one of them doesn't mind blight, and the other one "doesn't play enough to know how he feels anymore".

    Because I don't complain about perks being used? It doesn't matter to me as survivor or killer what perks people use. There are plenty of perks and an item to help against totem builds. As a killer you run the risk of losing your perks when you bring in hex totems. As a survivor I find Blight challenging to go against - which is why I play - to be challenged. I personally don't play Blight as killer as he is just not my playstyle as killer.

  • brain dead killer.

    same perks zzzzz

    same play style zzzzzz

    same stretched res/bright colors/whatever other pc shenanigans SNOOOOOOOZE

    I'd rather get Tombstoned in the first two minutes than face Blight. I don't know why people think he's in the same league as Oni, Billy or Nurse. Give me 10 Supaalf Nurses over your average rank 1 Blight. I literally just want to mori myself as soon as I hear the scream.


  • @derppug said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2394542#Comment_2394542

    It's a Blight problem because of his kit + how much the game autopilots him with these perks.

    Also, you are ignoring the fact that this combo is in more than 50% of red ranked games, showing how consistently strong it is. Pair it with an S-tier killer (, Spirit or Blight) and it just becomes an unfun match because either they are overly strong (due to being S-tier killers running the strongest perk combo) or are complete babies (making the game a joke because smashing new players is just as unfun).

    It's a strong combo, that's why it's used a lot. But it's not unbeatable. Just like you see Iron Will, Dead Hard, BT, etc every single match. Old Undying was way stronger than the current version.

    You have 3 perks (Small Game, Detective's Hunch and Counterforce) and an item that destroy this combo.

  • My problem with Blight is that he is really strong in chase, it's very hard to counter him. He gets to you so fast, you can't even make it to the pallet or a window in most cases. And he's not bad at turning, it's hard to hide behind objects during a chase. Usually when a Blights starts chasing me, it's gg, I'd rather go against Nurse, it's easier to outplay her blinks for me.

  • @lauraa said:

    brain dead killer.

    same perks zzzzz

    same play style zzzzzz

    same stretched res/bright colors/whatever other pc shenanigans SNOOOOOOOZE

    I'd rather get Tombstoned in the first two minutes than face Blight. I don't know why people think he's in the same league as Oni, Billy or Nurse. Give me 10 Supaalf Nurses over your average rank 1 Blight. I literally just want to mori myself as soon as I hear the scream.

    Do they? I think most people agree that Blight is close to Spirit-tier (if not on her tier with the small pp build). And Nurse is that strong too, but only if played well (which she isn't 95% of the time).

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2394584#Comment_2394584

    Lmao. Undying + Ruin was already massively nerfed. Wish granted.

    Maybe you should stop wishing for nerfs. And ask for buffs to other perks so they're actually useful. I don't know about you. But I can't find a use for monsterious shrine or blood favor. Maybe if they made blood flavor and last maybe 30 seconds instead of being a whole 16m(lmao....) proximity. It would be more attractive to use. Maybe if they buffed a lot of perks to be actually useful. They would get used

    Just because something was nerfed, doesn't mean it's still unhealthy. If it was nerfed enough it wouldnt be in over half the games. Especially when killers have so many viable perks that are fun.

  • Because Blight is a perfect Killer, he's strong but has counterplay. And the build you mentioned is used so much because it's probably the best build to use on Blight

  • @derppug said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2394597#Comment_2394597

    Just because something was nerfed, doesn't mean it's still unhealthy. If it was nerfed enough it wouldnt be in over half the games. Especially when killers have so many viable perks that are fun.

    There's nothing unhealthy about undying. It only prevents a single totem from being cleansed once.

    But for fun, I would like to hear what viable perks you want Blights to run instead.

  • @derppug said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2394537#Comment_2394537

    Alright, you are clearly showing that talking to you is pointless. So, :) I'll just leave it here. (Shame there's no mute button on here).

    If you can check the bias at the door, maybe we can continue!

    at this point there are more serious issues to consider anyway. Sure those perks are strong in combination but considering the survivors always run the same boring small pp build themselves there really arent that many viable perk setups for killers anymore.

  • Blight is so rare on console at mid ranks I find. I faced one last week, only the second this year incredibly. He's good fun to play against.

  • @derppug said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2394560#Comment_2394560

    But by that argument, if it was that easy then this build wouldn't be more common than not in higher ranks. There's a reason why it's so common - it's extremely strong. In theory, yes it's easy to eliminate 2 totems. And yes, in some games it is extremely easy. And sure, if I play with an SWF, I'd imagine it would also be easy. But as a solo queue survivor, it's hard.

    Its extremely common because it synergizes with Blight and itself so well. It isn't because it or Blight are OP. Blight just happens to have kind of poor synergy with a lot of perks.

  • @derppug said:

    3/4 (, if not more), Blights run Ruin+Undying+Tinkerer (, which is an already abused and unfun combo) and the game just becomes extremely unfun (I'd honestly rather a spirit without stridor than this, but thats personal preference). But what baffles me is that more people on here don't complain about him (or ever). It's always Spirit. Am I the only one who feels like this is such an unfun combo to play against, and possible the worst one out of the entire game? I talked to my friends who play (it's only 2) and one of them doesn't mind blight, and the other one "doesn't play enough to know how he feels anymore".

    It's fun to play as and to go against a Blight, but I agree with you and I've had it with this build on every blight as well. But then the point doesn't become the killer itself, but the Blight players who always play with this build. It really sucks because Blight can do well with almost any build (thrilling tremors is much more fun than tinkerer on him and corrupt/pop>>>>ruin/undying). However, people complain about Spirit not because of the Spirit players and their build, but for the character herself

  • @derppug said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2394519#Comment_2394519

    He is if he doesn't run the small PP build, which most do. Whenever that happens, he's spirit tier of unfun (and more popular than her too, so it ends up being even more frustrating if you verse more than 1 day)..

    @derppug said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2394542#Comment_2394542

    It's a Blight problem because of his kit + how much the game autopilots him with these perks.

    Also, you are ignoring the fact that this combo is in more than 50% of red ranked games, showing how consistently strong it is. Pair it with an S-tier killer (, Spirit or Blight) and it just becomes an unfun match because either they are overly strong (due to being S-tier killers running the strongest perk combo) or are complete babies (making the game a joke because smashing new players is just as unfun).

    I really do not understand this mentality. What is so wrong with running the strongest perks at the highest level of play?


    You will inevitably run into people who play to win at the highest ranks of any game. They don't care about how much fun the other side is having - I would know, because I have been on the receiving end of these kinds of people playing both Killer and Survivor.

  • @GrimoireWeiss said:

    Because doing two totems isn't that hard.

    Alright, if it would be so easy no killer would run totem perks, but ive seen Ruin or Devour or Noed in nearly 75% of my matches? Finding totems can be pretty rough especially if you're not on voice comm, the killer is chasing and quickly switching to defending the totem, or generally if he already has pressure in form of hooked survivors. I know that you can get very bad spawns but no one would play these perks if they would get cleansed after 30 seconds in EVERY match.

  • @Generic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2394541#Comment_2394541

    at this point there are more serious issues to consider anyway. Sure those perks are strong in combination but considering the survivors always run the same boring small pp build themselves there really arent that many viable perk setups for killers anymore.

    Ive not seen the small pp build in ages. DS was on at least 50% of the survivors before the nerf, now maybe 1 survivor every 2 matches has it....

  • The term "unfun" has lost all meaning on the forums nowadays. Its a blanket term used for "anything i lose to".

    Blight uses those perks because they work well on him. Just like legion will use thana, or doctor would use distressing. Besides the fact that totems are easy to find, and survivors have plenty of perks (not to mention maps) to find them.

  • @Zozzy said:

    Given up complaining. Blight mains keep finding ways to abuse his power from J flick to z flick (still in the game btw) and now "hugging"

    "Abuse" lol. Just get better and counter Blight like you would an Oni or a curve Billy without a one hit down. It's the same principles. Blights are just making lemonade out of lemons with the collision, and why shouldn't we? The devs had a problem with the J-flick because it effectively used DPI to break the code and caused the 180 in a single motion, but cleverly using his mechanics in other ways is fine. That's the impression I'm getting. The devs know about the techs. At least one has been in a stream with someone who uses them.

  • If you've lurked on the forums often, we've seen these posts every now and then.