I think I'm done with dbd.

It's gotten stale and tedious, and it doesn't help that the devs are digging the grave deeper and deeper.

They ban people here for mentioning creators who call them out. Time and time again ignoring the community only to realize the mistake months later. They've stopped being open with the community (Where all those streams go? Wasn't that your way of being open with the community?)

Oh and the chapters - Twins chapter: Bad, Trickster chapter: Bad, The Resident Evil chapter: Terrible.

We have had 3 unimpressive chapters in a row, with probably the BIGGEST LICENSE being the worst of them. Seriously how did you guys screw up the Resident Evil chapter THIS badly? The killers power isn't unique, most of the perks are meh at best, the zombie AI is dumber than a box of rocks (Even going so far as getting stuck on OPEN AIR), killed console with even worse optimization (If you even tried optimizing it), and the new map hasn't been working since the chapter released.

There's even people trying to boycott the game.

I want this game to be the best it can be, but since you guys have no more competition it just feels like you've stopped trying altogether.

Comments

  • I feel you I just feel so stupid atm for buying all the killers for PS4 and grinding out through the stuttering mess the last two weeks genuinely believing BHV were gonna come through and fix what they did to console.

    Feeling pretty scammed right now.

    How can you not even make a proper statement to the console community, this is a game where everything hinges on vital seconds in a chase and killers and survivors are stuttering all over the place making the vero core of the game pointless.

    No compensation for the sheer aggravation and all the people's who's ranks have been left to pure broken rng.

    BHV are not the company they were when I stopped playing a few years ago

  • Goodbye. Best of luck to you.

  • I don't blame you.

    I wish you all the best in the future :)

  • Usually I say *see you next week* but honestly, I'm with you on this one.


    These developers are horrible.

  • I'll see you tomorrow,

    When the event starts, chief.

  • @Pilot said:

    I'll see you tomorrow,

    When the event starts, chief.

    Wow, a pitiful bp increase and a crown that has little difference from the last one. I'm toooootally gonna waste my time participating.

  • Unless you yourself are a developer than i think everyone needs to take a deep breath. It's not easy and sometimes things happen no matter how much you prepare for them.

    GI-Joe-meme-insert.jpg


  • I'm not smort enough to do that unfortunately. This game just scratches an itch that really can't be scratched by much of anything else. I am kind of hoping that once Back 4 Blood comes out, that might be the Asymmetric Multiplayer game that scratches just as good as DBD and I can also abandon ship. I loved Left 4 Dead so I am really hoping it's gonna be good...

    Have fun out there! Whether you come back or not, enjoy whatever you find to play.

  • Words are cheap, what matters are actions. And so far BHVR has very little to show.

  • I agree it is hard to hold out much hope right now. The one sliver of a saving grace from today's update was the direct attention given to our Switch cousins. They've forever been given the short end of the stick, and it's nice to effort thrown their way.

    Perhaps this is the first decent step towards a better game performance for us all.

    Perhaps...

  • This isn't an airport bro you don't need to announce your departure.

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    I agree it is hard to hold out much hope right now. The one sliver of a saving grace from today's update was the direct attention given to our Switch cousins. They've forever been given the short end of the stick, and it's nice to effort thrown their way.

    Perhaps this is the first decent step towards a better game performance for us all.

    Perhaps...

    Unfortunately I think they messed up switch players even more from what I have seen.

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    I agree it is hard to hold out much hope right now. The one sliver of a saving grace from today's update was the direct attention given to our Switch cousins. They've forever been given the short end of the stick, and it's nice to effort thrown their way.

    Perhaps this is the first decent step towards a better game performance for us all.

    Perhaps...

    With exception to the daytime maps I was playing blind on the Switch. The shadows are pitch black, can't see anything in there.

  • @The_BiggCheeze said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319440#Comment_2319440

    Wow, a pitiful bp increase and a crown that has little difference from the last one. I'm toooootally gonna waste my time participating.

    Like how you wasted your time - telling a bunch of strangers that you aren't playing a game any more?

  • Dude I feel it.

    Everytime I think about DBD at this point, I get angry then depressed. I love this game so much, but they keep doing the same sh!t over and over again and it just hurts to watch. I'm just getting tired of it.

  • you might be interested in this post FROM 2018

    @not_Queen said:

    People of the fog,

    We’d like to give you visibility on the various tech initiatives we’re pursuing (some of which we have already pushed in the most recent update). These initiatives will help us improve on the game’s health, fix ongoing issues, and, ultimately, improve your experience.

    Over the past few months, our programming team has grown significantly. This has allowed us to create small “strike teams,” each tasked with a specific undertaking: game engine update, game performance optimization, dedicated servers, etc.
    Before diving into the article, however, we want you to note that our tech roadmap is ongoing; each initiative is in a state of constant evolution. We may experience major wins (hopefully very soon) like we may experience unexpected regressions.

    Also, it’s important to understand that some elements are not associated. For example, switching to dedicated servers won’t enhance the game performance and a pass of rendering optimization won’t necessarily reduce the lag you have when playing.

    We hope this article clarifies where we’re investing our efforts.

    UNREAL ENGINE

    (Rollout: WINTER 2018 [2.4.0] & ONWARD)

    In patch 2.4.0 (Darkness Among Us), we did a major engine update going from Unreal 4.13 to 4.20. This is a major leap that will be beneficial as it adds support for many new features (especially in audio, rendering and network optimization). We needed to update the engine to take advantage of new engine and editor features, in-engine performance and network code optimization.

    Although we did notice some encouraging performance improvements, the update is causing some incompatibility issues with existing features (audio, FX). Our programmers are currently investigating these issues and it’s our top priority to fix them.

    From now on, our engine updates will be more frequent and incremental. We will do our best to avoid big jumps and seek to be as up to date as possible with the latest version of Unreal 4.

    OPTIMIZATION

    (Rollout: SPRING 2019 & ONWARD)

    Our goal is simple: improve FPS performance on all platforms. We will be doing a new pass of optimization next spring (patch tbc) and additional passes with upcoming patches after.

    There are two main areas on which we are focusing the optimization efforts: gameplay and rendering.
    For gameplay, we will be rewriting some features that are quite demanding on the CPU. For example, some gameplay features do constant checks (that are called “ticks”) to advance the gameplay simulation. These ticks take a toll on the process since many of them happen every single frame, even when it is not necessary to do so. It’s the difference between having an alarm clock set up or checking your watch all the time to see if it's time to get out of bed. We are working on getting that alarm clock. We want the CPU to work less but still reach the same end result. We will thus be converting a lot of existing code from blueprint scripting to C++ to achieve this.

    For rendering, we are determining the bottlenecks that can be causing slowdowns on the GPU. We will tackle these bottlenecks by rewriting better algorithms and creating more efficient assets (VFX, mesh, textures, shaders). While we’re always looking at specific elements which are causing a decrease in framerate (killer or map specific issue for example), our biggest focus right now is on improving the baseline performance. The benefits will be smaller but will apply to all gameplay circumstances.

    DEDICATED SERVERS

    (Rollout: SUMMER 2019 & ONWARD)

    As announced at the Game Awards, dedicated servers are coming to Dead by Daylight with a target release of summer 2019. This will ensure a more reliable connection and a safer network environment. It's also a good timing for us to optimize the network bandwidth of the game which will help when we switch to dedicated servers.

    AN ONGOING PROCESS

    We hope this blog post clarifies our tech roadmap for the upcoming year. This is of upmost priority for us and as you can see, we have a lot of initiatives to ensure a solid infrastructure for the years to come. Of course, this is an iterative process and there might some regressions at times. We are dedicated to Dead by Daylight and your passion drives us to keep pushing forward. Don’t hesitate to share your thoughts and feedback. Thank you for your patience.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/36658/status-update-unreal-engine-optimization-dedicated-servers#latest

  • @The_BiggCheeze said:

    It's gotten stale and tedious, and it doesn't help that the devs are digging the grave deeper and deeper.

    They ban people here for mentioning creators who call them out. Time and time again ignoring the community only to realize the mistake months later. They've stopped being open with the community (Where all those streams go? Wasn't that your way of being open with the community?)

    Oh and the chapters - Twins chapter: Bad, Trickster chapter: Bad, The Resident Evil chapter: Terrible.

    We have had 3 unimpressive chapters in a row, with probably the BIGGEST LICENSE being the worst of them. Seriously how did you guys screw up the Resident Evil chapter THIS badly? The killers power isn't unique, most of the perks are meh at best, the zombie AI is dumber than a box of rocks (Even going so far as getting stuck on OPEN AIR), killed console with even worse optimization (If you even tried optimizing it), and the new map hasn't been working since the chapter released.

    There's even people trying to boycott the game.

    I want this game to be the best it can be, but since you guys have no more competition it just feels like you've stopped trying altogether.

    Happy Trails!

  • The type of people the devs choose as Fog whisperers says it all , I beat one a couple of days ago and they went to my profile and had their chat harass me and call me everything under the sun but hey they're a representative of BHVR so it's fine right? They have no business going to profiles after a loss and showing viewers the people to go hunt for after they got dunked on in game

  • @Jasix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319447#Comment_2319447

    Like how you wasted your time - telling a bunch of strangers that you aren't playing a game any more?

    I've wasted 4 years, what's 3 minutes compared to that.

  • @Naz said:

    Unless you yourself are a developer than i think everyone needs to take a deep breath. It's not easy and sometimes things happen no matter how much you prepare for them.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/AE5Y58P2KOKU/gi-joe-meme-insert.jpg

    If it was a one off this would be believable or if they pushed back content to fix the issues currently in the game. But it just keeps getting worse and worse.

  • @Jasix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319447#Comment_2319447

    Like how you wasted your time - telling a bunch of strangers that you aren't playing a game any more?

    Yet you responded. Pot meet kettle.

  • I never said I was wasting my time - so your comment makes no sense. I never said anything except to point out that the OP didn't like "wasting their time" and yet posted a message they were leaving to complete strangers - which seems like a waste of time. Not sure what part of that you don't understand or how you would even remotely think "pot meet kettle" is applicable. Nice try???

  • I want a Halloween game not this #########.

    I could care less tbh

  • @grayon444 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319658#Comment_2319658

    I want a Halloween game not this #########.

    I could care less tbh

    Okily Dokily

    Me and others are excited for it.

    So I could care less if you do or don't.

  • Yeah I’m not playing at the moment just due to lack of good content. The last 3 chapters have been pretty bad and the only recent change I liked has been the clown rework.