What TYPE of killers would you want next? Are you tired of ranged killers?

Please keep the discussion on topic and don't say that x killer that I mentioned is not a ranged type or is a hybrid or whatever the heck... They have a ranged attack so that's all that matters & they can kill you with it... This in regard's to Tofu's latest video.

For Context, in chronological order, from top to bottom

I've put the killers that don't have a ranged attack in Bold.

  • Nemesis - Has a ranged ability. He's an interesting mix of a few / couple ranged killers.
  • Trickster - Another Ranged killer
  • Twins - A hybrid, Victor can lunger over windows, pallets, you name it.
  • Blight
  • Pyramid Head - Ranged type killer. Wiki says map-manipulation... He has a ranged attack, that's all that counts.
  • Deathslinger - Ranged type killer.
  • Oni
  • Demogorgon - Hybrid. Has a ranged attack.
  • Plague - Has a ranged attack.

Before Plague 6 other killers were released that did not have a ranged attack. Before those, it was Doctor.

For me, Once PH & DS got released one after the other, the state of DBD was quite unhealthy, especially with how PH was back in the day.

-----------

Now, let's get onto the subject, after taking all of those previous killers into consideration.
  • Are u tired of BHVR releasing ranged killers or killers that are some sort of hybrid with a ranged attack?
  • Would you want to see more Trap type killers?
  • Would you want to see more movement-type killers, such as Oni, Blight & Billy, to name a few?
  • Would you want to see more basic type killers?
  • Would you want to see more stealth-type killers?
  • Would you want to see a hybrid of those combinations?
  • Would you like to see a new type that hasn't been yet discovered / discussed ?
  • What about a killer similar to Pig with game slowdown potential like her traps?
  • What about insta down killers?
  • Or perhaps an AI-assisted Killer?
  • Would you want to see a jack of all trades? Except for Ranged? Or with range?

As I've mentioned above, please keep the discussion on topic...

Edit: + avoid discussion killers that need desperate reworks or whatever.

Comments

  • A killer which changes the game in some way. I am talking about a different approach. I want a killer where playing with him or against him is something completely different than with anyone else.

    For example a killer which can change the environment, place solid walls and slowly by himself change the map into a maze.

    Or a killer which effects time for both partys and lets everyone jump between points in time so that everyone needs to get accoustomed to their new situation and sorroundings fast.

    Maybe even a killer which doesnt play in ego but in strategic birds eye point of view, while playing against him there is a time limit, when it is over everyone dies, when survivors escape they win, he could hinder them, slow down gens, spawn walls or spawn npcs.

    Old Freddy was also one of those more unique killers.

    And before someone says its outlandish, no it just requires some work, not even as much as you might think. I even know how to implement some of those things into the game. With networking, pathfinding and so on.

  • I would like new mechanics that are along the line of RBT's or the plague's sickness. something unique ya know?

  • A Mokujin killer. For those who don't know, Mokujin refers to a character whose entire move-set is barrowed. During chases, I had an idea that Pennywise or The Thing would morph into whoever sacrificed that survivor the most. (Season Based)

  • I'm getting tired of fast killers like Blight and ranged killers like Trickster and at the same time Nemesis if you could tell. I would like another killer stalker but one that works differently from Myers and Ghostface.

  • I think his m1 would be an attack with his chains.

    His power would probably involve the puzzle box somehow.

    It would be interesting if his power tiered down instead of tiering up like other killers. Like at the start of the match he has some sort of ability tied to his chains or maybe telekinesis or even the ability to travel across the map via shadows and it gives him a lot of early game pressure. However as survivors solve puzzle boxes scattered around the map his power tiers down and gets weaker and weaker.

    I'm not a game designer, so I don't really know what a balanced design might look like but there's a lot of interesting ways it could be implemented into the game.

    In his mori he could say one of the famous lines like "We have such sights to show you"

  • A water or deep sea based killer that has amazing map pressure and a semi strong 1v1.

  • I want a killer that turns the game on its head a bit

    Nothing like Nurse or Spirit who ignore the game's mechanics but maybe one that messes with the mechanics a little bit

    What form that'd take, I have no idea but if you want a really outlandish idea - imagine a killer who could mess with the map's layout or something. It'd never happen but yeah

  • A slow moving killer that can command AI companions and make survivors suffer from several hallucinations.

  • @Pilot If you count that Demo dash attack is a range attack.

    Thats mean Pig ambush is literary a curved range attack

    image.png


  • I'd like a killer with a power that's a combination of Evil 1 Meyers, Madness 3 Doctor, and Original Freddy: Just constant stealthy jump-scares.

    Somebody like Sissorman (from the games of the same name), who can just jump out of anywhere and anything, popping out of lockers, emerging from behind generators, smashing through walls, so survivors never feel safe. (Plus, he could have the constant 'shink-shink' of snapping scissors for a terror radius.)

  • I would love some kind of Charlatan, 20's style magician, with some illusionnal abilities like taking the appearance of a survivor, a gen, or a random element from the map to surprise survs and attack them.

  • @C3Tooth said:

    @Pilot If you count that Demo dash attack is a range attack.

    Thats mean Pig ambush is literary a curved range attack

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/BII6YM7QD28C/image.png

    Hmmm, you have my undivided attention.

    I wonder what else you can do ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

    Also, I've woken up to more than 57 Notifications today. It's nice to see when a post of yours takes fruit.

    ---------

    Ugh, not sure if you're serious or not, but.

    Demo for me is a grey area. Pig is somewhere right under that fine line of a normal attack & a ranged attack

    Imagine you're going to Shack, chased by one of these killers I've mentioned above. You will be forced to either fake the window or the pallet or make them miss somehow because they'll hit you as soon as you vault or on the other side of the window.

    Pig, can not do that, she can charge like Demo, but unlike him, she can't use it anywhere & it gives survivors way too much time to react or to get away...Imagine if Pig could charge her ambush just like Demo when standing up. Not to mention, the biggest difference is the fact that Pig can use it to go around loops, making it nothing more than an alternate basic attack. Alternate because it doesn't count as a basic attack for some perks.

  • I wanna Chucky. Small, silent and scary. And he will come different gameplay, animations and POV.

  • @BingBongMan said:

    Mobility is a massive game changer for the killers that have it.

    There are some who have diet mobility, which is to say a teleportation ability like freddy or demogorgon.

    I would prefer that they make another mobility killer of some kind. It can be a movement type thing like with Blight, Oni, and Billy. Or the teleportation.

    What is key is that they can get across the map fast in some way.

    Actually they can add new teleporting killer, your message gave me idea. The Ring chapter and Samara as killer. She can use television for teleport. That would be so scary, seeing her coming from television.

  • I dont want more obsolete Killers like "Trickster" with a super boring kit..

    A Killer who darkens the map every 1-2min (survivor cant hear tr or see anything outside your circle of light)

    Survivors have to collect candles and ignite em on certain Lamp Spots (they can also share light with other survivors - sharing your flame will weaken your own candle).

    The Killer is slow in the light (his goal should be to catch survivor with no candles or blow em out with his skillshots).

    The Killer is very fast in the dark and Survivors standing in the Dark get exposed.

    So you dont want the lights to go out.

    The Circle of Light around you depends on your Candle Strength.

    Candle Strength reduces by running or getting hit by Killers Skillshot.

    The Killer has a skillshot to blow out lights.

    *When i mean you cant see outside your Circle of Light its like Spirit (you still see the map with a grey filter but you cant see players).

  • I would like to see more Trap killers or see killers with powers that build over time (like Nemesis).

  • @Seraphor said:

    I want another killer than has some form of teleport, perhaps between lockers or other unique fixed landmarks (like jigsaw boxes and alarm clocks are killer unique landmarks)

    Candyman could fit that archetype, could be mirrors that are activated if a survivor walks to close to them.

    I like that, or maybe all lockers are turned to wardrobes with mirrors on the front of them, and survivors get highlighted by killer instinct and you can teleport to that locker if they walk in front of them

  • @xerav said:

    I dont want more obsolete Killers like "Trickster" with a super boring kit..

    A Killer who darkens the map every 1-2min (survivor cant hear tr or see anything outside your circle of light)

    Survivors have to collect candles and ignite em on certain Lamp Spots (they can also share light with other survivors - sharing your flame will weaken your own candle).

    The Killer is slow in the light (his goal should be to catch survivor with no candles or blow em out with his skillshots).

    The Killer is very fast in the dark and Survivors standing in the Dark get exposed.

    So you dont want the lights to go out.

    The Circle of Light around you depends on your Candle Strength.

    Candle Strength reduces by running or getting hit by Killers Skillshot.

    The Killer has a skillshot to blow out lights.

    *When i mean you cant see outside your Circle of Light its like Spirit (you still see the map with a grey filter but you cant see players).

    I love that idea but the consesus on here is that people hate/are fed up of dark maps. Id love a map in which visibility was extremely low and survivors had to adapt to it. I play both sides and id sure enjoy a dark map

  • I have a concept for some sort of prison warden in the back of my head. The main feature of their kit would be to spawn walls that block passages and slightly slow down survivors that touch them while constantly lacerating them. Inspired by Doctor and the entity blockers at the exit gate.

    I'd say some area denial killers like clown might be interesting. imagine a killer that pops down mini-traps/totems/objects to spawn spreading infestation/creep/fog that debuffs survivors inside it . It could reuse the models of the visceral cankers for the infection-type designs of the concept.

  • I'll post some concepts I find interesting. I had one but now I can't find it but imagine a killer who had the ability to command crows.

  • Short to mid range killer ( with addons) that some kind of fire breath attack.

  • Any Killer they made would be hated by Survivors if they're decent or never used after release if they're not. Either way, more killers is pointless. They can't even balance the ones we have and survivors don't want challenging opponents; they want harmless punching bags who are scary but can't actually win. Theyw ant to feel challenged without any actual chance of defeat.

  • @FeminineSlime said:

    Yeah, I'm sick of loop-ignoring killers. Looping is the literal only mechanic survivors have, it's the focus of survivor gameplay. If killers are introduced that ignore loops or basically guarantee that you will die if you try to loop, then the game is unfun and survivor is just waiting around to die, hoping that your team is sitting on gens, which is the most boring gameplay possible.

    My favorite killer to play is Legion and I think it's because Legion is a perfect example of what I would like more killers to be like. You spread map pressure and add difficulty to the survivors by damaging them all over, but to actually truly down them, you still have to win a chase properly. This means that survivor skill still matters, my skill as killer matters, and so my games feel so much more interactive. Every down I get feels like I did something clever or read someone in a fun way.

    So I suppose I'd like more killers like that. They don't all have to have non-lethal powers or super nerfed junk like Legion has (I fully admit to masochism.) but making killers where both sides can properly express their skill is way more healthy for the game. I think more killers should have powers based on map control rather than chase. And if they are going to be chase killers, they should have clear, understandable counterplay. Billy is a good example of this. A good Billy can trash teams but you can still learn to play against him and there are clear weaknesses. He's one of my favorite killers to go against because of this.

    Looping. is. Boring.

  • image.png

    body is one character too short

  • @Sadsnacks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2309731#Comment_2309731

    I think his m1 would be an attack with his chains.

    His power would probably involve the puzzle box somehow.

    It would be interesting if his power tiered down instead of tiering up like other killers. Like at the start of the match he has some sort of ability tied to his chains or maybe telekinesis or even the ability to travel across the map via shadows and it gives him a lot of early game pressure. However as survivors solve puzzle boxes scattered around the map his power tiers down and gets weaker and weaker.

    I'm not a game designer, so I don't really know what a balanced design might look like but there's a lot of interesting ways it could be implemented into the game.

    In his mori he could say one of the famous lines like "We have such sights to show you"

    He could work as a trap killer also by placing hook's down when survivors cross them they activate and slow them down when or they can break it by running farther enough, also the box should have a slow progress like 2% slower than tier 1 selfcare and randomized skill checks if survivors fail them then chain's should shoot from the box and tag the survivors with some type of penalty for healing or gen progress

  • I am very tired of ranged killers because all the survivors have to do is move left and right, and you can't hit them. And it's not like I'm gonna not play them just because they're ranged and survivors can do that. I like to play all killers. I just wish most of their powers weren't countered by left and right.

  • Yes, I'm very tired of ranged killers. But, I would like to see a stealthy trap based killer.

  • Yes lets run around this slightly elaborate obstacle 20 times until the killer gradually catches up with the survivor.

  • I just wanna see The Headless Horseman

  • @HaunterofShadows said:

    I'll post some concepts I find interesting. I had one but now I can't find it but imagine a killer who had the ability to command crows.

    A scarecrow surely?

  • Would be up for a scarecrow killer but feel like people would use lame excuse saying Wraith already has a scarecrow costume [which is more of a tree with cloth outfit]

    Love to see it with a wide brimmed western hat, long coat, bloody scythe, and a burlap head with his eyes and mouth glowing with fire.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    As the next chapter will be an orginal killer i'd like to see some old monster law killer such as a vampire or werewolf.

    Vampire would collect blood to power up like Oni not sure how well say a bat transformation & possible faster speed might work as that might be too close to Oni powers perhaps some kind of mind control (doctor style blast but only when powered up) maybe switch up / reverse survivors controls in a chase for x amount of seconds (yes I'm aware of the meltdown that would cause) I don't know but I'm surprised Dracula or at the very least a vampire isn't in yet.

    For werewolf obviously the transformation would grant considerable speed boost & maybe even an insta down attack though as they aren't likely to do some kind of in level rising moon i'm not sure what would trigger such power up / transformation. Possibly some kind of oni style blood lust or Myers style stalking (but with a more modern twist. Each gen completed could trigger the transformation in stages making it a true end game monster power player but given how many noed posts go up a day that would likely go down like a lead balloon too.

    Also to be fair he might be coming since we do see someone resembling lot like Vlad the Impaler aka the original Dracula in Observer cutscenes.

  • @Mr_Madness said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2312320#Comment_2312320

    Would be up for a scarecrow killer but feel like people would use lame excuse saying Wraith already has a scarecrow costume [which is more of a tree with cloth outfit]

    Love to see it with a wide brimmed western hat, long coat, bloody scythe, and a burlap head with his eyes and mouth glowing with fire.

    when I watched the concept video for this killer this was the image used.

    image.png


  • Yup thats how I imagine a Scarecrow killer. Would be cool to have a staff though that's connected to Will 'o' Wisp.

  • Demo isnt really ranged, just more of a very extended lunge. He cant hit you over/through walls unless he could just m1 the same hit.

  • @Mr_Madness said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2312343#Comment_2312343

    Yup thats how I imagine a Scarecrow killer. Would be cool to have a staff though that's connected to Will 'o' Wisp.

    Interesting. That design would also be pretty creepy design. A few other scarecrow designs that I thought of but did not make are:

    image.png

    and

    image.png


  • @Mr_Madness said:

    I just wanna see The Headless Horseman

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73nNdtAVOBI

    not a killer concept just something I thought you would enjoy. Also I'll do a poll for our beloved headless friend after this next one.

  • I would like to see more unique killers like old freddy and hag. I would like an insect controlling killer or a time manipulation killer, though behavior would likely never be able to implement the latter.

  • @truegod_10 said:

    I would like to see more unique killers like old freddy and hag. I would like an insect controlling killer or a time manipulation killer, though behavior would likely never be able to implement the latter.

    I want to see a hive-controlling killer as well

  • @FeminineSlime said:

    Yeah, I'm sick of loop-ignoring killers. Looping is the literal only mechanic survivors have, it's the focus of survivor gameplay. If killers are introduced that ignore loops or basically guarantee that you will die if you try to loop, then the game is unfun and survivor is just waiting around to die, hoping that your team is sitting on gens, which is the most boring gameplay possible.

    My favorite killer to play is Legion and I think it's because Legion is a perfect example of what I would like more killers to be like. You spread map pressure and add difficulty to the survivors by damaging them all over, but to actually truly down them, you still have to win a chase properly. This means that survivor skill still matters, my skill as killer matters, and so my games feel so much more interactive. Every down I get feels like I did something clever or read someone in a fun way.

    So I suppose I'd like more killers like that. They don't all have to have non-lethal powers or super nerfed junk like Legion has (I fully admit to masochism.) but making killers where both sides can properly express their skill is way more healthy for the game. I think more killers should have powers based on map control rather than chase. And if they are going to be chase killers, they should have clear, understandable counterplay. Billy is a good example of this. A good Billy can trash teams but you can still learn to play against him and there are clear weaknesses. He's one of my favorite killers to go against because of this.

    Saaaaame! I feel the exact same way when playing as or against legion. All I wish to see is have them implement the deceiving part like Jund made a video on for legion as a rework. It'd be cool for legion to have the fake survivor concept be a secondary ability on top of his frenzy!

  • @Plu said:

    Short to mid range killer ( with addons) that some kind of fire breath attack.

    insert:

    image.png


  • @[Deleted User] said:

    As the next chapter will be an orginal killer i'd like to see some old monster law killer such as a vampire or werewolf.

    Vampire would collect blood to power up like Oni not sure how well say a bat transformation & possible faster speed might work as that might be too close to Oni powers perhaps some kind of mind control (doctor style blast but only when powered up) maybe switch up / reverse survivors controls in a chase for x amount of seconds (yes I'm aware of the meltdown that would cause) I don't know but I'm surprised Dracula or at the very least a vampire isn't in yet.

    For werewolf obviously the transformation would grant considerable speed boost & maybe even an insta down attack though as they aren't likely to do some kind of in level rising moon i'm not sure what would trigger such power up / transformation. Possibly some kind of oni style blood lust or Myers style stalking (but with a more modern twist. Each gen completed could trigger the transformation in stages making it a true end game monster power player but given how many noed posts go up a day that would likely go down like a lead balloon too.

    A werewolf would dope AF

    I like the idea of it transforming as it tiers up. In tier one it could be a human character thats just really scary, maybe similar to jack Nicholson in the shining but with some wicked looking wolf eyes.

  • @Sadsnacks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2311966#Comment_2311966

    A werewolf would dope AF

    I like the idea of it transforming as it tiers up. In tier one it could be a human character thats just really scary, maybe similar to jack Nicholson in the shining but with some wicked looking wolf eyes.

    image.png

    body is one character too short

  • @HaunterofShadows said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2312301#Comment_2312301

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73nNdtAVOBI

    not a killer concept just something I thought you would enjoy. Also I'll do a poll for our beloved headless friend after this next one.

    And I did enjoy XD, would love to see more killers based on classic Halloween icons since they would fit right at home in the realm and look scary on lot of the maps HECK Headless Horseman on Ormound with all the snow would be terrifying and a Scarecrow on Lery's would just be genuinely creepy.

  • @bibibib8 said:

    I dream of a bug free chapter with good perk for both side

    no game is bug free, sorry.

  • we need a flying killer like a gargoyle

  • @GuyFawx said:

    we need a flying killer like a gargoyle

    indoor maps would be a problem

  • @Mr_Madness said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2312373#Comment_2312373

    And I did enjoy XD, would love to see more killers based on classic Halloween icons since they would fit right at home in the realm and look scary on lot of the maps HECK Headless Horseman on Ormound with all the snow would be terrifying and a Scarecrow on Lery's would just be genuinely creepy.

    imagine grim in here. damnit now I want grim in here

1 2 3