What TYPE of killers would you want next? Are you tired of ranged killers?

Please keep the discussion on topic and don't say that x killer that I mentioned is not a ranged type or is a hybrid or whatever the heck... They have a ranged attack so that's all that matters & they can kill you with it... This in regard's to Tofu's latest video.

For Context, in chronological order, from top to bottom

I've put the killers that don't have a ranged attack in Bold.

  • Nemesis - Has a ranged ability. He's an interesting mix of a few / couple ranged killers.
  • Trickster - Another Ranged killer
  • Twins - A hybrid, Victor can lunger over windows, pallets, you name it.
  • Blight
  • Pyramid Head - Ranged type killer. Wiki says map-manipulation... He has a ranged attack, that's all that counts.
  • Deathslinger - Ranged type killer.
  • Oni
  • Demogorgon - Hybrid. Has a ranged attack.
  • Plague - Has a ranged attack.

Before Plague 6 other killers were released that did not have a ranged attack. Before those, it was Doctor.

For me, Once PH & DS got released one after the other, the state of DBD was quite unhealthy, especially with how PH was back in the day.

-----------

Now, let's get onto the subject, after taking all of those previous killers into consideration.
  • Are u tired of BHVR releasing ranged killers or killers that are some sort of hybrid with a ranged attack?
  • Would you want to see more Trap type killers?
  • Would you want to see more movement-type killers, such as Oni, Blight & Billy, to name a few?
  • Would you want to see more basic type killers?
  • Would you want to see more stealth-type killers?
  • Would you want to see a hybrid of those combinations?
  • Would you like to see a new type that hasn't been yet discovered / discussed ?
  • What about a killer similar to Pig with game slowdown potential like her traps?
  • What about insta down killers?
  • Or perhaps an AI-assisted Killer?
  • Would you want to see a jack of all trades? Except for Ranged? Or with range?

As I've mentioned above, please keep the discussion on topic...

Edit: + avoid discussion killers that need desperate reworks or whatever.

Comments

  • You mean the grim reaper or fairy tales of Grimm brothers?

  • Ah that makes more sense, prob be some sort of deity or powerful being like pyramid head that is identical to the reaper since don't think the Entity would have the guts to actually kidnap the person who controls or makes sure who dies.

    Mostly since feel like most cases the Reaper is just the follower of Death then death also being the reaper and doubt death is gonna let the Entity claim is follower so easily.

    I would say a Medieval dark priest that some how gained the power from the Entity by a ritual or book which the power gave him to claim souls for the Realm and is able to use shadows/skeletons of the dead to cause panic and fear for survivors in a trial sorta like nemesis while having some sort of stealth and tracking power to give survivors a fright while knowing where they are most of the time.

    Chapter would be called "Everlasting Death"

  • @GeneralV said:

    It might be a distant dream, but I would like to see someone as unique as Old Freddy was.

    I'm honestly... impressed that you manage to make every post of yours to be about old Freddy. In a sad way.

    I think we've already gone over how "unique" isn't good enough. I don't understand why you're doing this.

    EDIT: Fixed my comment a bit, I think it came off as overly rude.

  • @Mr_Madness said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2312602#Comment_2312602

    Ah that makes more sense, prob be some sort of deity or powerful being like pyramid head that is identical to the reaper since don't think the Entity would have the guts to actually kidnap the person who controls or makes sure who dies.

    Mostly since feel like most cases the Reaper is just the follower of Death then death also being the reaper and doubt death is gonna let the Entity claim is follower so easily.

    I would say a Medieval dark priest that some how gained the power from the Entity by a ritual or book which the power gave him to claim souls for the Realm and is able to use shadows/skeletons of the dead to cause panic and fear for survivors in a trial sorta like nemesis while having some sort of stealth and tracking power to give survivors a fright while knowing where they are most of the time.

    Chapter would be called "Everlasting Death"

    interesting ideas. also I know the lore for grim would be complicated I just love his design.

  • @OopsAllHexes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2309357#Comment_2309357

    I'm still fairly impressed that you manage to make every post of yours to be about old Freddy.

    I think we've already gone over how "unique" isn't good enough, and never will be. :)

    what does that mean

  • @Pilot said:

    Please keep the discussion on topic and don't say that x killer that I mentioned is not a ranged type or is a hybrid or whatever the heck... They have a ranged attack so that's all that matters & they can kill you with it... This in regard's to Tofu's latest video.

    For Context, in chronological order, from top to bottom

    I've put the killers that don't have a ranged attack in Bold.

    • Nemesis - Has a ranged ability. He's an interesting mix of a few / couple ranged killers.
    • Trickster - Another Ranged killer
    • Twins - A hybrid, Victor can lunger over windows, pallets, you name it.
    • Blight
    • Pyramid Head - Ranged type killer. Wiki says map-manipulation... He has a ranged attack, that's all that counts.
    • Deathslinger - Ranged type killer.
    • Oni
    • Demogorgon - Hybrid. Has a ranged attack.
    • Plague - Has a ranged attack.

    Before Plague 6 other killers were released that did not have a ranged attack. Before those, it was Doctor.

    For me, Once PH & DS got released one after the other, the state of DBD was quite unhealthy, especially with how PH was back in the day.

    -----------

    Now, let's get onto the subject, after taking all of those previous killers into consideration.
    • Are u tired of BHVR releasing ranged killers or killers that are some sort of hybrid with a ranged attack?
    • Would you want to see more Trap type killers?
    • Would you want to see more movement-type killers, such as Oni, Blight & Billy, to name a few?
    • Would you want to see more basic type killers?
    • Would you want to see more stealth-type killers?
    • Would you want to see a hybrid of those combinations?
    • Would you like to see a new type that hasn't been yet discovered / discussed ?
    • What about a killer similar to Pig with game slowdown potential like her traps?
    • What about insta down killers?
    • Or perhaps an AI-assisted Killer?
    • Would you want to see a jack of all trades? Except for Ranged? Or with range?

    As I've mentioned above, please keep the discussion on topic...

    Edit: + avoid discussion killers that need desperate reworks or whatever.

    Maybe a killer that causes us to rethink how we approach DBD?

    I honestly think flying or something would be interesting, even if that idea was scrapped or the devs said "no".

  • Um, exactly what it means.

    To be honest, thinking on it now, places like GameFAQs would call what GeneralV is doing frequently a "gimmick". Those accounts get tiring after a while.

  • @OopsAllHexes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/260975/what-type-of-killers-would-you-want-next-are-you-tired-of-ranged-killers

    Maybe a killer that causes us to rethink how we approach DBD?

    I honestly think flying or something would be interesting, even if that idea was scrapped or the devs said "no".

    omg there's a flying killer I want to scream at the top of my lungs so bad

  • I want a water-themed Killer that travels underground via phantom river currents.

  • @HaunterofShadows said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2312624#Comment_2312624

    omg there's a flying killer I want to scream at the top of my lungs so bad

    Yeah, I think I'm going to withhold what I'm gonna say to this. It would definitely count as a rule violation.

    I don't know what you mean by there's already(?) a flying killer. Nurse isn't a flying killer, if that is what you mean...

  • @ManWithALemon said:

    I want a water-themed Killer that travels underground via phantom river currents.

    NINGEN

    image.png


  • @OopsAllHexes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2312626#Comment_2312626

    Yeah, I think I'm going to withhold what I'm gonna say to this. It would definitely count as a rule violation.

    I don't know what you mean by there's already(?) a flying killer. Nurse isn't a flying killer, if that is what you mean...

    oh I'm talking about one that could be added to the game. should've been more specific

  • @ManWithALemon said:

    I want a water-themed Killer that travels underground via phantom river currents.

    Killers with elements sounds particularly interesting. I'd prefer more "flashier" powers with more... essence, to them. And I don't mean "flashier" like Trickster.

  • @HaunterofShadows said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2312629#Comment_2312629

    oh I'm talking about one that could be added to the game. should've been more specific

    Ah, okay.

    Well, they would definitely need a secondary ability so they don't get destroyed by indoor maps. Maybe they could quickly "fly-dash" forward to help with mobility and chases?

  • @OopsAllHexes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2312631#Comment_2312631

    Ah, okay.

    Well, they would definitely need a secondary ability so they don't get destroyed by indoor maps. Maybe they could quickly "fly-dash" forward to help with mobility and chases?

    yeah it could have that. Ah you know what I can't hold back anymore. Mothman is the flying killer I'm imagining

  • @DistortedDream said:

    Yes, I'm very tired of ranged killers. But, I would like to see a stealthy trap based killer.

    Sadly stealth and trap based killers are literally useless thanks to coms. You would just be playing an m1 killer.

  • I would like to see all killers removed from the game so I can play repair generator simulator.

  • @OopsAllHexes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2309357#Comment_2309357

    I'm still fairly impressed that you manage to make every post of yours to be about old Freddy.

    I think we've already gone over how "unique" isn't good enough, and never will be. :)

    And I am impressed that you think I actually care about our previous discussions.

    No matter what you or anyone else says, I will never stop standing up for my all-time favorite killer. So, if you would kindly stop calling me out every single time I voice my opinion, that would be nice for the both of us.

  • @Hektic3000 said:

    I only want more killers that break the traditional gameplay loop that's been present for years. I want killers that force survivors to do something different aside from just looping like every other killer.

    We do have that tho. Nurse and Spirit and uh news flash they break the game cause they nullify the only thing survivors have. Loops and Windows.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2312621#Comment_2312621

    And I am impressed that you think I actually care about our previous discussions.

    No matter what you or anyone else says, I will never stop standing up for my all-time favorite killer. So, if you would kindly stop calling me out every single time I voice my opinion, that would be nice for the both of us.

    I mean, you should, since that shuts down the entire desire for Freddy nicely with simple logic. "Unique" is not good enough to justify even wasting resources on bringing back old Freddy and doesn't outweight the various pros that came with the rework.

    And so... you're going to actively pretend decisive evidence that Freddy was a badly designed Killer doesn't exist. You just... don't care, you're going to continue even if the other person is correct. Yeah, thing is, others are subscribing to your opinions despite the glaring flaws in it. I don't think I can't let you go unchecked if people are going to join your cause. If everyone dismissed you, sure, but you have QwQ and other regulars regurgitating what you say.

    I've also only called you out... 3 times now. The 1st was when I engaged you the first time. You do this thing where you make almost every post to be about old Freddy in some way very, very, very consistently. That Pig topic was one of the few times where you don't mention old Freddy... that is, if I forget that "old Freddy" bit at the end.

    And I understand that this is probably breaking a rule, I apologize to the mods, but I really would rather be able to try and shut down this view before it spreads further. I can remain civil if the mods wish.

  • Personally what I want is a killer who power is purely based off gen progression. I tried to make a concept for this before but never got back to finishing it.

    Basically I want a killer who gets their power by stealing gen progression. Someone who cannot kick gens and can't use ruin (because can only steal power from a non-regressing gen). I would like to see the purely chase oriented builds people will create.

  • I know what I don't want: another killer where you are at an inherent disadvantage just for playing with a controller

  • A killer that can set up bear traps would be great, one that starts with 2 traps in hand.

    And the "Triplets" that work just like Twins but there are two "babies" a girl and a boy with different attributes.

  • Scarecrow could have insideous as basekit, map would likely be a cornfield however which we already have and which is pretty disliked by the majority ๐Ÿ˜…

  • The ability like Pig's. More fun and pressure at the same time. Ranged killers are getting boring to go against now.

  • @OopsAllHexes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2312771#Comment_2312771

    I mean, you should, since that shuts down the entire desire for Freddy nicely with simple logic. "Unique" is not good enough to justify even wasting resources on bringing back old Freddy and doesn't outweight the various pros that came with the rework.

    And so... you're going to actively pretend decisive evidence that Freddy was a badly designed Killer doesn't exist. You just... don't care, you're going to continue even if the other person is correct. Yeah, thing is, others are subscribing to your opinions despite the glaring flaws in it. I don't think I can't let you go unchecked if people are going to join your cause. If everyone dismissed you, sure, but you have QwQ and other regulars regurgitating what you say.

    I've also only called you out... 3 times now. The 1st was when I engaged you the first time. You do this thing where you make almost every post to be about old Freddy in some way very, very, very consistently. That Pig topic was one of the few times where you don't mention old Freddy... that is, if I forget that "old Freddy" bit at the end.

    And I understand that this is probably breaking a rule, I apologize to the mods, but I really would rather be able to try and shut down this view before it spreads further. I can remain civil if the mods wish.

    I have provided several counters to your "evidence" before, which you ignored and wished to stop the discussion, something that, mind you, I respected by giving my final reply without pressing the matter any further. And then, suddenly, you decide to call me out when I voice my opinion, even though I've already asked you to stop. I've seen you on other threads saying things which I did not agree with. Did I call you out for that? No, I did not.

    @QwQw and other friends of mine are not "regurgitating" everything I say as if we were some sort of cult. We are just players who lost the killer we loved most, and wish for him to be brought back to the game. It doesn't take much to realize that there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. What happened to us Old Freddy mains was unfair and we have every right to speak about it as much as we want to, as long as we keep it civil. WHICH we always do.

    And yes, most of my posts are directed towards Old Freddy, simply because that is the reason why I joined the Forums in the first place. The mods have stated multiple times that every one has the right to voice their opinions as long as they are civil about it, which I always am. I've talked with people who completely disagreed with me, but I never insulted them or called them out for it.

    You know this, you know that by wanting to "shut this view down" you are clearly breaking a rule. And yet you still try to do it. I must say, this is genuinely concerning. I will ask one last time: please, stop doing that.

  • @Hex_Ignored said:

    I know what I don't want: another killer where you are at an inherent disadvantage just for playing with a controller

    I'm assuming your referring to sally

  • Not exclusively; all of the ranged killers (deathslinger, trickster, huntress) and to a lesser extent victor, demogorgon, pyramid head and now nemesis all share the same "weakness" that they more or less require the accurate aiming offered only by mouse and keyboard. I am not saying they are unviable or impossible to play on console, but why can't we have more killers like trapper, wraith, doctor, nightmare, pig, etc. that do not require precise aiming? The last one was blight (at least after his qol fixes for console) and before that it was oni who also needed console adjustments. I am just kinda frustrated that at least half of their playerbase (pure speculation btw) is on console and they keep releasing killers that are harder to play on console so sorry for the rant...

  • @Hex_Ignored said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2313482#Comment_2313482

    Not exclusively; all of the ranged killers (deathslinger, trickster, huntress) and to a lesser extent victor, demogorgon, pyramid head and now nemesis all share the same "weakness" that they more or less require the accurate aiming offered only by mouse and keyboard. I am not saying they are unviable or impossible to play on console, but why can't we have more killers like trapper, wraith, doctor, nightmare, pig, etc. that do not require precise aiming? The last one was blight (at least after his qol fixes for console) and before that it was oni who also needed console adjustments. I am just kinda frustrated that at least half of their playerbase (pure speculation btw) is on console and they keep releasing killers that are harder to play on console so sorry for the rant...

    oh ok.

  • @Hex_Ignored said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2313482#Comment_2313482

    Not exclusively; all of the ranged killers (deathslinger, trickster, huntress) and to a lesser extent victor, demogorgon, pyramid head and now nemesis all share the same "weakness" that they more or less require the accurate aiming offered only by mouse and keyboard. I am not saying they are unviable or impossible to play on console, but why can't we have more killers like trapper, wraith, doctor, nightmare, pig, etc. that do not require precise aiming? The last one was blight (at least after his qol fixes for console) and before that it was oni who also needed console adjustments. I am just kinda frustrated that at least half of their playerbase (pure speculation btw) is on console and they keep releasing killers that are harder to play on console so sorry for the rant...

    also its fine. you can rant to me. People near me can usually talk to me about issues whether small like yours or big ones

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    If it were to be a scarecrow killer it should have multiple scarecrows around the map & be able to take any of their places on the post with a form of undetectable so the survivor doesn't know if their walking past a fake one or the real one.

    It should also have some kind of fun effect on crows too of course

    yeah thats the concept I saw he can control crows and switch bodies

  • @SMitchell8 said:

    Scarecrow could have insideous as basekit, map would likely be a cornfield however which we already have and which is pretty disliked by the majority ๐Ÿ˜…

    eeeeeehhh

  • Would be cool to have a real jumpscare killer like Mirror Myers but without needing addons and with gen pressure.

    Maybe also some way to make it harder to detect a killer like becomes a shadow person sorta like a thick see-through fog in a shape of a person.

    Love to see a killer that can give you a heart attack while still being a very good killer in red ranks.

  • I don't want another ranged killer only for the reason that I keep forgetting I need to target a bit higher than the center of my screen and keep missing my shots. I am a terrible ranged killer.

  • Size manipulation could be interesting. Maybe a Magician who could shrink down players for a certain time, during this time they are faster but can't vault/throw pallets and can't do gens. He'd be able to one shot them when tiny or leave them them small to focus other threats. Heck maybe even other players trampling over them would injure them, so they'd have to be careful not just of the Magician but the other Survivors to till it wears off or cured. I'm thinking the cures would be potions littered on the map, you'd have to "drink" from over turned bottles to be cured, with the increased speed it'd help make it not too tedious though maybe have it where they have to drink from 2 or 3 to be cured to force map movement. Obviously he could only have so many tiny at a time. Maybe give him locker teleport as well with lights and confetti coming from all lockers till he bursts out of the one he choose with some doves flying out.

  • I'd kinda like a Magic / illusion or voodoo based killer tbh. Maybe based around the Lord of Illusions 1995 movie.


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN1RToUAOQg


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZsufi4NmPQ


  • @Mr_Madness said:

    Would be cool to have a real jumpscare killer like Mirror Myers but without needing addons and with gen pressure.

    Maybe also some way to make it harder to detect a killer like becomes a shadow person sorta like a thick see-through fog in a shape of a person.

    Love to see a killer that can give you a heart attack while still being a very good killer in red ranks.

    when it comes to jumpscares a fnaf chapter could work with that by making the mori a jumpscare

  • @HaunterofShadows said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2314225#Comment_2314225

    when it comes to jumpscares a fnaf chapter could work with that by making the mori a jumpscare

    True, if Fnaf does come to DBD just hope its Springtrap since only character that is actually a killer in the franchise. Also would be cool to see him stylized instead of original so more gory/bloody design but have original as an alt skin.

  • @Shaped said:

    None.

    Myers rework. He is completely outdated.

    Myers now throws his knife at tier 3.

  • I want Jason or Chuckie. I don't mind range killers. I understand perfectly why they keep making them. We get none ranged killers and everyone complains that they're shat because a fair amount of survivors are too good at just running and dropping pallets going through windows and around stuff. Then you get the really good survivors that loop you from pallet to jungle gym to window to another tileset and repeat that until 2-5 gens are done. People complain that killers need buffs and such or survivors need nerfs. Instead of doing all of that they'll make ranged killers. That either can hit over/under pallets or windows or both. It adds even more mind play at windows and pallets and let the people figure it out from there. Its no longer a matter of the killer being bad or the survivors being op. You have to read the person you're playing against and have the skill to hit whatever hit you as the killer need to hit. As a survivor you can't just braindead drop pallets and jump windows anymore. It definitely makes the game a little more frustrating for the average just wanna relax and have fun and laugh survivor player but it makes a better experience for killer players and for people that like the mental challenge from others. PH, DS, Huntress, Trickster, Nemesis, Plague can all be countered either with perks or simple maneuvers. So I don't mind them. All of that said though ######### Nurse and I'm shat against Clown still after all these years.

1 2 3 โ€บ