You can tell DC penalties have been removed

Every single game has had at least 1 dc (sometimes 2) or a survivor gives up (3 survivors did this in the same game twice).

Just finished my 10th game this morning and it's very funny to see lol oh btw these are dc's after being downed

Comments

  • More evidence for the "remove the DC penalty" crowd that removing the penalty would make the game a rotten mess.

  • I get more Killer-DCs than Survivor-DCs. Like, Killer has Tinkerer, 2 Gens done, my Gen hits 70% (he gets notified)... Game over.

    No wonder with those instant Queue times in the evening that Killers just DC to get into the next game when they think they lost. (Just shows that a Surrender-Button should never be a thing IMO)

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    I get more Killer-DCs than Survivor-DCs. Like, Killer has Tinkerer, 2 Gens done, my Gen hits 70% (he gets notified)... Game over.

    No wonder with those instant Queue times in the evening that Killers just DC to get into the next game when they think they lost.

    On Friday I had a lot of dc's. We were a 4 man swf, though we were all drinking so we weren't playing the best.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    I get more Killer-DCs than Survivor-DCs. Like, Killer has Tinkerer, 2 Gens done, my Gen hits 70% (he gets notified)... Game over.

    No wonder with those instant Queue times in the evening that Killers just DC to get into the next game when they think they lost.

    Been saying that about the surrender button since i started. Why give people the option that will punish them?

  • @CashelP14 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2291673#Comment_2291673

    On Friday I had a lot of dc's. We were a 4 man swf, though we were all drinking so we weren't playing the best.

    I only had 2 Survivor-DCs so far, one time when playing Survivor and one time when playing Killer (DC for Hatch, even tho they dont were SWF).

    But like 4 Killer-DCs.

    @csandman1977 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2291673#Comment_2291673

    Been saying that about the surrender button since i started. Why give people the option that will punish them?

    Yeah, I mean, I can understand it. But in this game, the Killer even had 1 or 2 Hooks and the game was far from over. Just his Tinkerer triggered on the third Gen and he just gave up.

    The game is not even close to being over at this point.

  • If the game was optimized it wouldn't be a problem, but they still havent fixed the lag and frame drops. To be honest I dont know why ppl are playing the game in this unplayable state unless you have a really good pc because any action freezes the game.

  • Dc penalty should go away imo for ever. If someone doesn’t want to play he doesn’t need to be forced

  • I think part of the DC's are caused by the unstable game we have right now.

    Even I got kicked out with an error message.

  • @reeves7 said:

    Dc penalty should go away imo for ever. If someone doesn’t want to play he doesn’t need to be forced

    If someone doesn't want to play, then turn off the game. The entire reason the penalty exists is because someone not wanting to play ruins it for four other people.

  • @GrimmGaliard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2291724#Comment_2291724

    If someone doesn't want to play, then turn off the game. The entire reason the penalty exists is because someone not wanting to play ruins it for four other people.

    ^ this. The DC-Penalty is in the game to protect other players from those who DC frequently due to childish reasons.

  • I've seen more people crash than DC

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2291683#Comment_2291683

    I only had 2 Survivor-DCs so far, one time when playing Survivor and one time when playing Killer (DC for Hatch, even tho they dont were SWF).

    But like 4 Killer-DCs.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2291691#Comment_2291691

    Yeah, I mean, I can understand it. But in this game, the Killer even had 1 or 2 Hooks and the game was far from over. Just his Tinkerer triggered on the third Gen and he just gave up.

    The game is not even close to being over at this point.

    I've had so far 5 survivors DC with 6 giving up. This is all in the 10 games.

    @reeves7 said:

    Dc penalty should go away imo for ever. If someone doesn’t want to play he doesn’t need to be forced

    This is massively disagree with. This game is balanced around the 4v1 so removing one survivor basically guarantees them to die.

    Killer dc'ing is a waste of offerings also. Lost about 3 bps on Friday alone to it.

    DC'ing just punishes everyone else.

  • this is why i never play survivor when they remove the dc penalty, unplayable mess.

    "you can DC too" they say

    why would i waste the space on my pc if im just going to DC every round because everyone else keeps dcing

  • @GrimmGaliard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2291724#Comment_2291724

    If someone doesn't want to play, then turn off the game. The entire reason the penalty exists is because someone not wanting to play ruins it for four other people.

    Nobody plays for other people’s fun. If someone doesnt wanna continue the match for any reason,he should be able to quit without time penalties. In other multiplayer games you can quit whenever you want,so i don’t understand why dbd should be an exception.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2291683#Comment_2291683

    I only had 2 Survivor-DCs so far, one time when playing Survivor and one time when playing Killer (DC for Hatch, even tho they dont were SWF).

    But like 4 Killer-DCs.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2291691#Comment_2291691

    Yeah, I mean, I can understand it. But in this game, the Killer even had 1 or 2 Hooks and the game was far from over. Just his Tinkerer triggered on the third Gen and he just gave up.

    The game is not even close to being over at this point.

    Same mentality as the survivor that get found/hit/downed in the first minute and decide to DC without even knowing how the killer plays. Only talking from my experience and I avoid camping,tunneling and slugging outside of avoiding death hooks pre 8hooking.

  • @reeves7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2291744#Comment_2291744

    Nobody plays for other people’s fun. If someone doesnt wanna continue the match for any reason,he should be able to quit without time penalties. In other multiplayer games you can quit whenever you want,so i don’t understand why dbd should be an exception.

    In which team based online pvp game with fixed teams can someone disconnect without penalty?

  • @reeves7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2291744#Comment_2291744

    Nobody plays for other people’s fun. If someone doesnt wanna continue the match for any reason,he should be able to quit without time penalties. In other multiplayer games you can quit whenever you want,so i don’t understand why dbd should be an exception.

    No he shouldn't. If you're not having fun and want to quit, take the penalty. Most competitive pvp games I've played have a quitter penalty: For Honor, Overwatch, Rogue Company, Smash Bros., Street Fighter V and more. It's not an exception.

    It doesn't matter if you only play for your own fun. Your behavior is ruining it for other people and the fact that you don't think it should matter is just selfish and childish.

  • Missed this info..why is it removed?

  • @Pulsar said:

    I've seen more people crash than DC

    The crashing has my friend wishing for a refund. When it crashes, it crashes at the end of the match. I think he nearly threw his Switch against the wall last night when he finally started to turn things around on a team that had been bullying him, he slugged three of them when they tried to block him from opening the exit gate, and then it crashed. He was pissed.

    It always seems to crash at the end of the match, and it sucks. It could at least crash early and not waste his time.

  • Sometimes it is good to leave a group of survivors who refuse to do gens. I had a 3 man swf who just wanted to use me as a point pinata and refused to do gens while i ran the killer for over 1 minute. The new hook mechanic is horrible in situations like that.

    This being said it will be good when it is back.

  • @DBD78 said:

    Missed this info..why is it removed?

    Performance problems all across the board leading to tons of crashing and unintentionally disconnecting. Removing the penalty won't help the problem but hey at least the rest that isn't crashing can also dc Scott free.

  • @DBD78 said:

    Missed this info..why is it removed?

    Because it's unstable and causing crashes and disconnects. It's so people don't get penalized by Dbd for its own bad servers

  • Just to point out the obvious, they removed the dc penalty because the game is crashing for so many people right now. Mine has crashed 7 times. And in a couple of those I guarantee you the survivors thought i rage quit. I just wouldnt assume right now whatever the situation, it could have been a legit crash

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2292096#Comment_2292096

    Performance problems all across the board leading to tons of crashing and unintentionally disconnecting. Removing the penalty won't help the problem but hey at least the rest that isn't crashing can also dc Scott free.

    Ok well that makes sense. But sad that players will suffer because of this mess.

  • @reeves7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2291744#Comment_2291744

    Nobody plays for other people’s fun. If someone doesnt wanna continue the match for any reason,he should be able to quit without time penalties. In other multiplayer games you can quit whenever you want,so i don’t understand why dbd should be an exception.

    And ruin it for everyone else? Yeah -- great idea. 🙄

    Playing solo survivor yesterday and had two DC's, one was the killer and one a fellow survivor. The killer DC'ed with BPS in the lobby, two people dead, the other survivor alive and injured while I was opening an exit gate, and the killer was approaching. I can only guess that was an example of someone's game crashing, as there was literally no reason to quit at that point in their situation.

    On the other hand, the survivor DC was ridiculous, and exactly an example why your thinking on DC penalties couldn't be more wrong. We were playing against a PH who was running Ruin/Undying. The team broke BOTH of the totems, the 2nd going bye-bye just as PH came up to a Claudette and myself on a gen that was almost finished. The PH chased the Claudette, I went back and finished the gen, just as the Claudette went down. All in all, getting all of the killer's slowdown gone AND a gen popped with only one down pretty early in the match put us in a pretty good spot, all things considered. Instead, the Claudette selfishly DC'ed, putting the team in a 3 v. 1. With the game changed dramatically at that point, the PH (who was a very solid player) mopped us up the rest of the game, giving me the hatch as the last one standing because he probably genuinely felt bad for the rest of us getting hosed over by someone who cared only about "their fun".

    So yeah -- that person quit for the stupidest of reasons, whatever they likely were (they don't like PH, they were upset they were downed first, etc). If you act like that, eat a penalty -- you deserve it.

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2292075#Comment_2292075

    In which team based online pvp game with fixed teams can someone disconnect without penalty?

    Literally every game in existence

  • @GrimmGaliard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2292075#Comment_2292075

    No he shouldn't. If you're not having fun and want to quit, take the penalty. Most competitive pvp games I've played have a quitter penalty: For Honor, Overwatch, Rogue Company, Smash Bros., Street Fighter V and more. It's not an exception.

    It doesn't matter if you only play for your own fun. Your behavior is ruining it for other people and the fact that you don't think it should matter is just selfish and childish.

    Call of duty battlefield,fifa,nba etc dont have a penalty. Nobody pays for a game for others to have fun. Its my opinion

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    I get more Killer-DCs than Survivor-DCs. Like, Killer has Tinkerer, 2 Gens done, my Gen hits 70% (he gets notified)... Game over.

    No wonder with those instant Queue times in the evening that Killers just DC to get into the next game when they think they lost.

    This! I've had 3 killers DC in a row. I thought maybe it was just crashes until I found out they removed the penalty. I haven't seen a survivor DC yet (just suicide on hook a few times). Killers are doing it a lot.

    Edit: Not saying survivors aren't doing it, just that I've noticed more killers leaving in the games I've played.

  • @reeves7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2292091#Comment_2292091

    Call of duty battlefield,fifa,nba etc dont have a penalty. Nobody pays for a game for others to have fun. Its my opinion

    Then play a single player game, and iirc all of those have single player modes. If you're going to be childish and selfish, just don't play with other people.

  • Weirdly enough I've seen more killer DCs the one day a pig and clown disconnected on me just because we did 2 gens and they had 0 hooks

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    I get more Killer-DCs than Survivor-DCs. Like, Killer has Tinkerer, 2 Gens done, my Gen hits 70% (he gets notified)... Game over.

    No wonder with those instant Queue times in the evening that Killers just DC to get into the next game when they think they lost.

    Kinda disagree, theres times when the killer manages to trap you in a corner and decides to stay there forever, we have to waste time or disconnect with a 5 min ban included if we decide to disconnect, there should be special scenarios were surrendering and getting out of the match is an option.

  • @GrimmGaliard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2292324#Comment_2292324

    Then play a single player game, and iirc all of those have single player modes. If you're going to be childish and selfish, just don't play with other people.

    Nothing about being childish here,i paid for a game to have fun. If i dont have fun then i should have the ability to quit,why stay in an unpleasant match when you dont want to?

  • With the amount of crashes I've been getting lately, even BEFORE the Nemesis patch, I hope the DC penalty stays off until BHVR can make it differentiate between a voluntary and involuntary disconnect.

  • @reeves7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2292347#Comment_2292347

    Nothing about being childish here,i paid for a game to have fun. If i dont have fun then i should have the ability to quit,why stay in an unpleasant match when you dont want to?

    I paid for the same game as you. I probably have more money invested in it, if I had to guess as well, with all of the DLC's and cosmetics I've bought.

    So we load into a survivor match together, you decide to DC because we're facing a Myers, who hypothetically, you just don't like playing against. So in your eyes, your "fun" is supposed to trump my "fun", as you ruin the match for me and your teammates (and possibly the killer as well).

    Yep -- no entitlement there. Make sure you let your fellow survivors know beforehand in the lobby who's fun takes priority -- yours, in your mind -- so they can leave you immediately and find actual, unselfish teammates to play with instead. 🤦‍♂️

  • Wrong, there are penalties in league of legends, rainbow six siege ranked, rocket league ranked, overwatch ranked and so on.

    Maybe in the casual queues there are no penalties but that's why I specified game modes where no players can rejoin or are refilled.

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2292296#Comment_2292296

    Wrong, there are penalties in league of legends, rainbow six siege ranked, rocket league ranked, overwatch ranked and so on.

    Maybe in the casual queues there are no penalties but that's why I specified game modes where no players can rejoin or are refilled.

    Dbd is a casual game, dc penalties shouldn’t be a thing

  • @reeves7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2292347#Comment_2292347

    Nothing about being childish here,i paid for a game to have fun. If i dont have fun then i should have the ability to quit,why stay in an unpleasant match when you dont want to?

    So what if you paid for the game? Everyone paid for it and you're ruining it for them. Not having fun? Leave and take the penalty like you deserve. That simple.

  • @aroell said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2292387#Comment_2292387

    Dbd is a casual game, dc penalties shouldn’t be a thing

    It's a casual game? Is that why it only has competitive ranked games and no casual, unranked option?

  • @CashelP14 said:

    Every single game has had at least 1 dc (sometimes 2) or a survivor gives up (3 survivors did this in the same game twice).

    Just finished my 10th game this morning and it's very funny to see lol oh btw these are dc's after being downed

    Be nice if devs addressed why survivors dc vs penalizing them for not wanting to play an unfair and miserable game. Just an idea.

  • I don't think I've gotten a single DC since this has happened so either you're experiencing a crazy phenomenon or you're lying/exaggerating.

  • @GrimmGaliard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2292402#Comment_2292402

    It's a casual game? Is that why it only has competitive ranked games and no casual, unranked option?

    I’m sorry but what? Ranks don’t mean a thing and everyone knows this. It’s just used so that people with 5k hours won’t ######### on someone with 50, and it doesn’t even prevent that from happening.

    With the current balance issues the game can’t be called competitive

  • @aroell said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2292416#Comment_2292416

    I’m sorry but what? Ranks don’t mean a thing and everyone knows this. It’s just used so that people with 5k hours won’t ######### on someone with 50, and it doesn’t even prevent that from happening.

    With the current balance issues the game can’t be called competitive

    Oh, everyone knows this? So a rank 1 killer should be pitted against rank 20 survivors and everyone knows it? A game that has balance issues can't be competitive? I'm not sure where you got these ridiculous qualifiers from, but they're pretty funny.

  • @reeves7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2292091#Comment_2292091

    Call of duty battlefield,fifa,nba etc dont have a penalty. Nobody pays for a game for others to have fun. Its my opinion

    Great examples for games that are not comparable to dbd. Cod and battlefield have the feature that people can either rejoin or the teams get refilled or even auto balanced so a dc has less impact. Did and NBA are 1vs1 and you opponent gets awarded with a win when you ragequit.

  • @GrimmGaliard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2292470#Comment_2292470

    Oh, everyone knows this? So a rank 1 killer should be pitted against rank 20 survivors and everyone knows it? A game that has balance issues can't be competitive? I'm not sure where you got these ridiculous qualifiers from, but they're pretty funny.

    I’m saying that the rank system is used so that people that are rank 1 are less likely to play against a rank 20, but that it barely works.

  • @aroell said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2292387#Comment_2292387

    Dbd is a casual game, dc penalties shouldn’t be a thing

    It has only ranked queue and is still a team oriented pvp online game without any features to rejoin or refill teams.

    If you want casual, play PvE or party games with free for all and not 1vs4.

  • @Itslat3ncy said:

    If the game was optimized it wouldn't be a problem, but they still havent fixed the lag and frame drops. To be honest I dont know why ppl are playing the game in this unplayable state unless you have a really good pc because any action freezes the game.

    Install DBD on an SSD, it is a quick fix for the lag spikes

  • @aroell said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2292486#Comment_2292486

    I’m saying that the rank system is used so that people that are rank 1 are less likely to play against a rank 20, but that it barely works.

    Okay so you're saying that ranks DO mean a thing and that there is a ranking system in place, however janky?

  • @GrimmGaliard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2292505#Comment_2292505

    Okay so you're saying that ranks DO mean a thing and that there is a ranking system in place, however janky?

    No

  • @gendoss said:

    I don't think I've gotten a single DC since this has happened so either you're experiencing a crazy phenomenon or you're lying/exaggerating.

    Or they are playing on a different regional server and/or at different times of the day.

    Why does noone specify those things when they make such claim.

    Hurr-di-durr my experience is different, so it must be like mine for everybody. (No offense at you but i am simply tired of those queue times/dc/whatever discussions that can be influenced by those factors and noone gives any info in this regard.😩)

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2292324#Comment_2292324

    Great examples for games that are not comparable to dbd. Cod and battlefield have the feature that people can either rejoin or the teams get refilled or even auto balanced so a dc has less impact. Did and NBA are 1vs1 and you opponent gets awarded with a win when you ragequit.

    We let the killer win. It's not a problem for me. The rank doesn't prove your level in game so i don't care about it. 😅

‹ 1 2