Pig is underrated

Disclaimer: "Pig is underrated" is not "Pig is too OP nerf now toxic no-skill killer"

Pig's hats really are fantastic game delay, if you think about it. Having a hatted survivor essentially takes them out of commission, and since survivors are so reliant on synergy, it's like having one survivor who's essentially dead for the entirety of them trying to get their hat off. If they don't immediately search boxes, they run the risk of having their head explode (unless RNGesus really hates you). Now, you only have to worry about non-hatted survivors, and if you come across a hatted survivor, you can harass them a little to cause their timer to run down even more. 

Plus, hatted survivors are under a lot of pressure, and don't think properly. Getting the hat off is usually either a distant to-do or the #1 priority, such that I can literally be running at them full-speed while they're on a box, and they'll stay on the box instead of running and letting me down them. It puts two conflicting interests in play, one of "get this thing off of my head" and one of "I better run if I know this guy is near." 

Of course, this doesn't really work against good survivors, who know how to get their hats off without dithering and when is an appropriate time to run, but that's like 1 in every 100 games.

Comments

  • Problem is pig essentially has no chase power and very mediocre stealth. Her slowdown is too inconsistent to make her anywhere near decent imo

  • I’ve also been saying Pig is an underrated killer for a while. That slowdown potential she has is no joke.

  • She's the only killer I've never lost with. I believe I'm on 84 wins (4k or 3k with hatch). People underestimate her stealth, you run M&A and whispers and you should always get a hit. Trick is to never use your ambush and just stand up to attack. Her traps slow the game even if they get it off first try becuz that person or people are not on the gen when your chasing someone else becuz of the trap.

  • I get 4 kills nearly every game as the Pig, most forum members don't realize how overpowered she can be in right hands

  • @SoapNSpook said:

    I get 4 kills nearly every game as the Pig, most forum members don't realize how overpowered she can be in right hands

    Most forum members don't have the slightest clue how to use her ambush attack at loops.

  • Pig is a killer who needs some changes. Give her a bit more power in chase, but make the bear traps a little less oppressive. (And maybe a bit more consistent too while we're at it). If you can beat survivors in chase, you'll have a pretty easy time with her. But the game's designed in such a way that without a chase power, all survivors really have to do against her is pre-drop pallets and rush the gens. Once they get all 5 done, she has no power in end game except the ambush -- which you can get some pretty sick hits in, but usually at smaller loops. And survivors that know how to counter her, will give her a hard time.

    I wouldn't say she's underrated. I'd say she's rated about right. She's just really good against potatos.

  • I really, really love stealth killers. There isn't a greater feeling in the world than when you sneak up on a survivor mid-totem cleanse. Even though Pig is considered a low-tier killer I have a lot of fun playing her and surprisingly do good in most matches.

  • Just pre drop pallets, play super safe and hold W...and no matter how many pallets you waste, she loses too many gens before first trap is placed, she wont recover from that.

    She is not only too RNG dependant but also has very weak chase. Need some buffs in that regard

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2267843#Comment_2267843

    And that is precisely why she has her crouch, to get the drop on Survivors out of a loop and only needing one hit after that (And why I hate spinechill with a passion). If you play Pig without crouching at all, you are not leveraging her Kit to your advantage.

    Sure but just forcing them to leave the loop is not enough, I want her crouch buffed. It takes way too long to crouch with her

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2267797#Comment_2267797

    Most forum members don't have the slightest clue how to use her ambush attack at loops.

    Alternatively, her ambush is only good at bad loops and can generally be stopped by just dropping a pallet. :P

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2267797#Comment_2267797

    Most forum members don't have the slightest clue how to use her ambush attack at loops.

    *most players

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2267825#Comment_2267825

    Alternatively, her ambush is only good at bad loops and can generally be stopped by just dropping a pallet. :P

    Not entirely true. I've seen Scorpions and other experienced pigs use it effectively at jungle gyms by moonwalking it. Managed it a few times myself.

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2267864#Comment_2267864

    Not entirely true. I've seen Scorpions and other experienced pigs use it effectively at jungle gyms by moonwalking it. Managed it a few times myself.

    Largely true, and no matter how galaxy brain your ambush mindgames are, it is still entirely up to the Survivor whether or not they get hit.

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2267797#Comment_2267797

    Most forum members don't have the slightest clue how to use her ambush attack at loops.

    No no, most SURVIVORS don't know how to "use" her ambush at loops aka, just.... run away... don't try to outsmart yourself, if Pig is crouching at a loop just... say no. And that's the biggest issue.

  • Pig is a decent killer but she is below average. She has no map pressure, she's easy to loop, and her stealth is too slow. If they were to buff her stealth movement speed are rework some of her add-ons she'd be a lot better.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Problem is pig essentially has no chase power and very mediocre stealth. Her slowdown is too inconsistent to make her anywhere near decent imo

    Well her stealth kind of offsets the need for looping potential. Tactical approach can cut the need for chasing potential, since getting to the survivor before they can make it to a loop is the point of stealth. Whereas other killers have the terror radius alert the survivor as to their location, so that they can anticipate them and maybe leave to find a loop quickly, Pig can stealth up to the pallet on a pallet gym and get an easy hit.

  • @ShamelessPigMain

    What build do you find most effective on Pig?

    The best Pig I've seen that stomped me used Brutal Strength and Enduring and just W keyed since she has slowdown in the hats.

  • @Shooby said:

    @ShamelessPigMain

    What build do you find most effective on Pig?

    The best Pig I've seen that stomped me used Brutal Strength and Enduring and just W keyed since she has slowdown in the hats.

    BBQ, Nurse's Calling, Sloppy Butcher, and Corrupt Intervention/Ruin.

  • If her crouch was as fast as ghostface I'd have to agree with you.

    I agree with you 80% otherwise.

  • She's not. I love pig, but I have to disagree with you here.


    1.) Her slowdown is pure RNG. Great when it favors you, but that's not guaranteed.

    2.) Her stealth is too slow.

    3.) Her ambush will never work against good survivors. It's too short and telegraphed to do anything other than waste your time.


    She's barely viable.

  • @Itslat3ncy said:

    She's the only killer I've never lost with. I believe I'm on 84 wins (4k or 3k with hatch). People underestimate her stealth, you run M&A and whispers and you should always get a hit. Trick is to never use your ambush and just stand up to attack. Her traps slow the game even if they get it off first try becuz that person or people are not on the gen when your chasing someone else becuz of the trap.

    What are the other two perks you run with M&A and Whispers?

  • @ShamelessPigMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2267757#Comment_2267757

    Well her stealth kind of offsets the need for looping potential. Tactical approach can cut the need for chasing potential, since getting to the survivor before they can make it to a loop is the point of stealth. Whereas other killers have the terror radius alert the survivor as to their location, so that they can anticipate them and maybe leave to find a loop quickly, Pig can stealth up to the pallet on a pallet gym and get an easy hit.

    I can't agree with that. Maybe if she was faster, I could soooorta see that argument, but she is far and away the slowest stealther, and going for hit and run tactics in place of a traditional chase is just going to waste way more time than the RBTs give her IMO.

  • @GannTM said:

    I’ve also been saying Pig is an underrated killer for a while. That slowdown potential she has is no joke.

    It kind of really, really is, because she's a basic m1 killer and the slowdown is miniscule more often than not.

    I used to think Pig was underrated, but then gens got quicker and people started predropping pallets and suddenly her RBT's became her only power and they're genuinely bad. They put no real pressure on survivors and good teams get the gens done before 3 have been handed out, let alone 4, because that's predropped pallets for you.

    All that time learning to dash, side dash, moondash, use Whispers/M&A... All for nothing.

    Sniffle.

  • @ShamelessPigMain said:

    Disclaimer: "Pig is underrated" is not "Pig is too OP nerf now toxic no-skill killer"

    Pig's hats really are fantastic game delay, if you think about it. Having a hatted survivor essentially takes them out of commission, and since survivors are so reliant on synergy, it's like having one survivor who's essentially dead for the entirety of them trying to get their hat off. If they don't immediately search boxes, they run the risk of having their head explode (unless RNGesus really hates you). Now, you only have to worry about non-hatted survivors, and if you come across a hatted survivor, you can harass them a little to cause their timer to run down even more. 

    Plus, hatted survivors are under a lot of pressure, and don't think properly. Getting the hat off is usually either a distant to-do or the #1 priority, such that I can literally be running at them full-speed while they're on a box, and they'll stay on the box instead of running and letting me down them. It puts two conflicting interests in play, one of "get this thing off of my head" and one of "I better run if I know this guy is near." 

    Of course, this doesn't really work against good survivors, who know how to get their hats off without dithering and when is an appropriate time to run, but that's like 1 in every 100 games.

    DUH. She is great imo and you can slaughter most teams if your good with her. However a TEAM that understands her can beat her up a bit. Her crouch/ambush is great at small/mid loops and you can get easy hits unless the survivor is smart enough to just hold W and dip out soon as you crouch. There are other various locations on certain maps were she is basic M1 like shack, the 2 story house on badham (which has been spawning like 4-5 window vaults for instance that the survivors will run too. However you get that first down quickly and keep that train rolling most trials she will dominate but she has weaknesses that good survivors know how to abuse just like most killers. I said MOST.

  • @Lambch0p said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2267772#Comment_2267772

    What are the other two perks you run with M&A and Whispers?

    Devour and bbq

  • Trapper is worse but other then that Pig is probably the worst killer. But of course if you are lucky with the RBTs things will be different, but that part is all about luck.

  • @CoalTower said:

    She's not. I love pig, but I have to disagree with you here.

    1.) Her slowdown is pure RNG. Great when it favors you, but that's not guaranteed.

    2.) Her stealth is too slow.

    3.) Her ambush will never work against good survivors. It's too short and telegraphed to do anything other than waste your time.

    She's barely viable.

    RNG doesn't always mean bad. If life hates you like it hates me, sure, but it's not consistently bad.

    Don't ambush then. Especially with combat straps, it's always the better choice to uncrouch and m1. The ambush is a gimmick and only should be used at short loops without visibility. Same thing goes with crouching. Crouch tactically, when you know a survivor is going to be somewhere and you're approaching them with the element of surprise.

  • @ShamelessPigMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2269095#Comment_2269095

    RNG doesn't always mean bad. If life hates you like it hates me, sure, but it's not consistently bad.

    Don't ambush then. Especially with combat straps, it's always the better choice to uncrouch and m1. The ambush is a gimmick and only should be used at short loops without visibility. Same thing goes with crouching. Crouch tactically, when you know a survivor is going to be somewhere and you're approaching them with the element of surprise.

    RNG does always mean bad. It can work for you, but it's not consistent enough to be good. I agree with not ambushing, but crouching, uncrouching, and M1ing is also a gimmick. It won't work on good survivors either.