The Trickster has a lullaby, WHAT?

Hey did you guys know the trickster has a lullaby? You know that huming thing the huntress does? In his case it sounds like his terror radius but it can't be altered by any "undetectable" perks (such as insidious) or any perks that alter a killer's terror radius (such as monitor and abuse).

It's a feature that balances killers that lose their terror radius with their abilities (the kids singing when the nightmare is near) or that are a threat even at a distance (the huntress, duuuh).

That being said, WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD THEY PUT A LULLABY ON THE TRICKSTER IF HE CAN'T DO ANY OF THESE THINGS, ARE THEY PURSPOSEFULLY TRYING TO MAKE THIS KILLER BAD.

I mean yeah, the trickster can harm you at a distance, IF HE LANDS ABOUT 8 KNIVES AND YOU STAND COMPLETELY STILL WHILE HE DOES IT INSTEAD OF TAKING COVER OR DODGING.

Also nowhere in the game it says he has a lullaby, a salty survivor told me on chat yesterday "you look dumb af running monitor, i could hear you on the other side of the map", that's the only reason i went to look it up. Apparently not even some streamers know of this because they never mention it on tier lists and they run monitor themselves. And yes, it makes monitor and abuse pretty useless, considering it goes up to 32 meters and it sounds exactly like your terror radius.

So not only i have to worry about being slow, but now i can't even surprise survivors. They better buff him so that the knives remove a health state each if they plan on maintaining the lullaby, jeez.

imagen_2021-06-05_150751.png


Comments

  • Wow. Just wow.

  • I am still convinced that the trickster is a practical joke from the devs so this barely surprises me. He needs some serious buffs

  • Is this referring to all the voice clips he has when he laughs and hums and stuff, or is it something else?

  • interesting never knew that

  • @TAG said:

    Is this referring to all the voice clips he has when he laughs and hums and stuff, or is it something else?

    No, those are only active when he is in a chase, it's bad, but it's not what i'm referring to. He has a "lullaby", a mechanic that is more well known to the Huntress but that some other killers do have. Basically, you aren't completely surprising anyone as Trickster, they can hear music when you are near even if you have undetectable or monitor.

  • Yep, noticed this with a M&A trickster, could hear the music before the actual heartbeat.

  • @Skyost_AB said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2246691#Comment_2246691

    No, those are only active when he is in a chase, it's bad, but it's not what i'm referring to. He has a "lullaby", a mechanic that is more well known to the Huntress but that some other killers do have. Basically, you aren't completely surprising anyone as Trickster, they can hear music even if you have undetectable or monitor.

    That is very good to know, since I do run M&A on him because I didn't know that.

  • You know I was convinced that his TR music was just bugged and could be heard from further than it was supposoed to

    Deathslinger doesn't have a lullaby and he's miles better than Trickster, wth?

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2246700#Comment_2246700

    That is very good to know, since I do run M&A on him because I didn't know that.

    I did too. Undetectable still surprises brave survivors, because they think that you are farther away than you actually are. With monitor there's basically no difference, the lullaby goes from 24-32 meters, it's like you aren't using anything in the first place because there's music that sounds exactly like your terror radius when you are approaching.

    imagen_2021-06-05_155803.png


  • OggS

    I never really noticed it, but then again, I haven't see him all that often as survivor.

    If the link doesn't work and anyone is wondering what it sounds like, it's just sounds like an amp reverberating.

  • @WeenieDog said:

    https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/deadbydaylight_gamepedia_en/images/c/c6/Lullaby_Comet.ogg/revision/latest?cb=20210530195804

    I never really noticed it, but then again, I haven't see him all that often as survivor.

    If the link doesn't work and anyone is wondering what it sounds like, it's just sounds like an amp reverberating.

    That amp reverberating is how his terror radius sounds when he is at 24 meters. I'm pretty sure they just did it so that Monitor isn't an option. They didn't even try to make another music for his lullaby.

  • What ? Since when. If so that's really stupid.

  • That explains why I heard his "terror radius," but wasn't gaining progress on Diversion

  • So monitor does not really work on him? I've always been using it on him and didn't even know he has a lullaby.

  • @TAG said:

    Is this referring to all the voice clips he has when he laughs and hums and stuff, or is it something else?

    It's like the humming noise that you hear when someone is connecting a microphone. Or when you connect speakers that what it sounds like. So it's not a lullaby per say. It's not really noticeable unless you got loud speakers or a loud headset.

  • I was wondering why his terror radius was so quiet from a distance

  • @Skyost_AB said:

    Hey did you guys know the trickster has a lullaby? You know that huming thing the huntress does? In his case it sounds like his terror radius but it can't be altered by any "undetectable" perks (such as insidious) or any perks that alter a killer's terror radius (such as monitor and abuse).

    It's a feature that balances killers that lose their terror radius with their abilities (the kids singing when the nightmare is near) or that are a threat even at a distance (the huntress, duuuh).

    That being said, WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD THEY PUT A LULLABY ON THE TRICKSTER IF HE CAN'T DO ANY OF THESE THINGS, ARE THEY PURSPOSEFULLY TRYING TO MAKE THIS KILLER BAD.

    I mean yeah, the trickster can harm you at a distance, IF HE LANDS ABOUT 8 KNIVES AND YOU STAND COMPLETELY STILL WHILE HE DOES IT INSTEAD OF TAKING COVER OR DODGING.

    Also nowhere in the game it says he has a lullaby, a salty survivor told me on chat yesterday "you look dumb af running monitor, i could hear you on the other side of the map", that's the only reason i went to look it up. Apparently not even some streamers know of this because they never mention it on tier lists and they run monitor themselves. And yes, it makes monitor and abuse pretty useless, considering it goes up to 32 meters and it sounds exactly like your terror radius.

    So not only i have to worry about being slow, but now i can't even surprise survivors. They better buff him so that the knives remove a health state each if they plan on maintaining the lullaby, jeez.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/U72IL9EBMJ9U/imagen-2021-06-05-150751.png

    This is a bug that was fixed in the 5.0.0 PTB. When chapter 20 releases, I'm sure the bug will be patched.

  • @Trickstaaaaa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2246691#Comment_2246691

    It's like the humming noise that you hear when someone is connecting a microphone. Or when you connect speakers that what it sounds like. So it's not a lullaby per say. It's not really noticeable unless you got loud speakers or a loud headset.

    The game code (i think) and the wiki calls it a lullaby because it works the same and it sounds at the same volume of his normal terror radius at 24 meters, at least ingame, it's still a pretty clear giveaway of your location.

  • @TAG said:

    Is this referring to all the voice clips he has when he laughs and hums and stuff, or is it something else?

    That’s my guess

  • @TapeKnot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/255100/the-trickster-has-a-lullaby-what

    This is a bug that was fixed in the 5.0.0 PTB. When chapter 20 releases, I'm sure the bug will be patched.

    I mean the wiki and the code explain this as a feature rather than a bug, but either way i'll be happy if they remove it. I'm not sure if they will though.

  • Damn well atleast that opened up a perk slot, really weird how this wasn't made more obvious anywhere

  • @Skyost_AB said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2246742#Comment_2246742

    The game code (i think) and the wiki calls it a lullaby because it works the same and it sounds at the same volume of his normal terror radius at 24 meters, at least ingame, it's still a pretty clear giveaway of your location.

    Well I don't view it as a lullaby since I thinks that more of a human humming in a musical way. So huntress yes it's a lullaby, trickster it sounds more like a microphone getting connected. And honestly unless you are paying attention you won't notice it. A lot of people don't even notice it based of when I used to play him.

  • @Trickstaaaaa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2246754#Comment_2246754

    Well I don't view it as a lullaby since I thinks that more of a human humming in a musical way. So huntress yes it's a lullaby, trickster it sounds more like a microphone getting connected. And honestly unless you are paying attention you won't notice it. A lot of people don't even notice it based of when I used to play him.

    The mechanic is called that way, don't think about the sound itself. Even if the sound is rather faint, it's still noticeable, they just get surprised with undetectable because they think you are farther away. People can clearly still hear it, you are relying on survivors having low quality sound and not paying attention for the use of some perks and strategies, which is not a good thing.

  • @Skyost_AB said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2246771#Comment_2246771

    The mechanic is called that way, don't think about the sound itself. Even if the sound is rather faint, it's still noticeable, they just get surprised with undetectable because they think you are farther away. People can clearly still hear it, you are relying on survivors having low quality sound and not paying attention for the use of some perks and strategies, which is not a good thing.

    But as you see a lot people don't notice it. Since there is not a whole lot of trickster out there, so most people get caught of guard. And you would be surprised since a lot survivors don't pay attention, unless they are real sweaty who have to escape each time. Like me I usually watch tv in the background when I play survivor, so I'm half focused I rely on spine more than anything because of that. But based on my experience with playing him I don't think his lullaby is the problem, his weakness is high wall loops. So he in general is pretty much the weakest killer in the game, he needs buff to injure people quicker. I would like for him to be able to injure people with 6 knifes, and 8 to down them. Or they need a sort of mending system for him. And his main event needs a buff as well.

  • @Trickstaaaaa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2246791#Comment_2246791

    But as you see a lot people don't notice it. Since there is not a whole lot of trickster out there, so most people get caught of guard. And you would be surprised since a lot survivors don't pay attention, unless they are real sweaty who have to escape each time. Like me I usually watch tv in the background when I play survivor, so I'm half focused I rely on spine more than anything because of that. But based on my experience with playing him I don't think his lullaby is the problem, his weakness is high wall loops. So he in general is pretty much the weakest killer in the game, he needs buff to injure people quicker. I would like for him to be able to injure people with 6 knifes, and 8 to down them. Or they need a sort of mending system for him. And his main event needs a buff as well.

    There's a lot to be done for the trickster in terms of buffs, my point right now is that he does have a lullaby and that sucks. There's no telling if you caught a survivor off guard, maybe they just decided to stick to the gen or they mindgamed themselves, but having a lullaby that sounds at the same volume and with the same music as your terror radius at 24 meters, rules out a lot of perks, which sucks. People don't notice because it's the same as his terror radius.

  • No, the "lullaby" sounds exactly like his outer terror radius. Tested it in a KYF, and it basically sounds like he has around a 32-meter terror radius.

  • @Haddix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2246756#Comment_2246756

    No, the "lullaby" sounds exactly like his outer terror radius. Tested it in a KYF, and it basically sounds like he has around a 32-meter terror radius.

    Maybe it’s his narcissism: a Bluetooth speaker in his pocket playing one of his tunes on repeat.

  • @TapeKnot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/255100/the-trickster-has-a-lullaby-what

    This is a bug that was fixed in the 5.0.0 PTB. When chapter 20 releases, I'm sure the bug will be patched.

    Source?

  • wait... why doesn't deathslinger have a lullaby? he's also a ranged killer.

  • https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/285-5-0-0-ptb

    "Fixed an issue where the Trickster's melody does not seem to play at the appropriate distance from the killer"

  • @Skyost_AB said:

    Hey did you guys know the trickster has a lullaby? You know that huming thing the huntress does? In his case it sounds like his terror radius but it can't be altered by any "undetectable" perks (such as insidious) or any perks that alter a killer's terror radius (such as monitor and abuse).

    It's a feature that balances killers that lose their terror radius with their abilities (the kids singing when the nightmare is near) or that are a threat even at a distance (the huntress, duuuh).

    That being said, WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD THEY PUT A LULLABY ON THE TRICKSTER IF HE CAN'T DO ANY OF THESE THINGS, ARE THEY PURSPOSEFULLY TRYING TO MAKE THIS KILLER BAD.

    I mean yeah, the trickster can harm you at a distance, IF HE LANDS ABOUT 8 KNIVES AND YOU STAND COMPLETELY STILL WHILE HE DOES IT INSTEAD OF TAKING COVER OR DODGING.

    Also nowhere in the game it says he has a lullaby, a salty survivor told me on chat yesterday "you look dumb af running monitor, i could hear you on the other side of the map", that's the only reason i went to look it up. Apparently not even some streamers know of this because they never mention it on tier lists and they run monitor themselves. And yes, it makes monitor and abuse pretty useless, considering it goes up to 32 meters and it sounds exactly like your terror radius.

    So not only i have to worry about being slow, but now i can't even surprise survivors. They better buff him so that the knives remove a health state each if they plan on maintaining the lullaby, jeez.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/U72IL9EBMJ9U/imagen-2021-06-05-150751.png

    I noticed this with diversion I was wondering why I wasn't getting diversion when I could hear his music

  • Welp... time to take M&A off of my Trickster.

  • @TapeKnot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2247061#Comment_2247061

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/285-5-0-0-ptb

    "Fixed an issue where the Trickster's melody does not seem to play at the appropriate distance from the killer"

    Hopefully the bug refers to this "lullaby" the wiki sees as a feature. Doubt it though.

  • @katerbater said:

    wait... why doesn't deathslinger have a lullaby? he's also a ranged killer.

    I question the same thing because he is definitely more dangerous than Trickster who does have a lullaby, and he himself doesn’t.

    He makes an absolutely terrifying stealth killer as well with a very low Terror Radius using an assortment of perks and an add-on.

  • I've been playing tricky boi for the past few days and I didn't even know that. Now I feel dumb for using M&A in the first place. That being said they REALLY should remove one bounce from trick blades and put it on as default. Make him a LITTLE tricky like his name implies at least. This is just mostly for flavour but whenever you land a supreme combo there really should be some kind of map wide demonic applause. It doesn't do anything but it would fit in style of his character? Plus it'd just make you feel good knowing that you lodged all your gamer blades into their backs in one go.

  • @Judgement said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2247172#Comment_2247172

    I question the same thing because he is definitely more dangerous than Trickster who does have a lullaby, and he himself doesn’t.

    He makes an absolutely terrifying stealth killer as well with a very low Terror Radius using an assortment of perks and an add-on.

    Probably because Deathslinger's range is hard capped at 18 meters. Huntress and Trickster aren't. Granted Trickster isn't very lethal from that range unless the Survivor already has near max Laceration... but I've gotten a surprising amount of downs from 20+ meters as him.

  • @Skyost_AB said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2247181#Comment_2247181

    Hopefully the bug refers to this "lullaby" the wiki sees as a feature. Doubt it though.

    The lullaby IS a feature, it's programmed into Trickster's code. It's just as much a feature as his ability to throw knives. What might not be intended as is, is the distance it plays at currently. If you ask wiki admins, they were only recently made aware of Trickster's lullaby, as it's barely noticeable in normal play and Trickster isn't a common killer to face. In 4.7.2, the lullaby works as the wiki describes it. It's possible that this will change with 5.0.0, as hinted at by the patch notes, but no one knows yet.

  • If it he has a lullaby, shouldn't then survivors be able to hear it when he has Insidious, Tinkerer, etc. active? Cause I just tested it with Insidious and there is no "lullaby" of any kind, just his breathing like any other killer.

    I tested this:

    What I found out is that the Trickster has a "lullaby" that do not count as terror radius, as Diversion did not add progress, but at around 24 meters of him (distance tested on Mount Ormond with Trickster and Spirit for comparison) Diversion gets progress.

    It looks like his terror radius has an "extension" lullaby that extends up to 32 meters which vanishes when he is undetectable, since he needs a terror radius in the first place for the "lullaby" to be active.

    But since the devs have stated at the 5.0.0 patch: "Fixed an issue where the Trickster's melody does not seem to play at the appropriate distance from the killer" It seems like that this refers to the "lullaby" extension.

    In conclusion:

    The Trickster has a lullaby that always, unless undetectable (unlike any other killer), extends up to 32 meters.

    The Trickster has a Terror Radius of 24 meters + 8 meter lullaby.

    With M&A Trickster has a Terror Radius of 16 meters + 16 meter lullaby.


    Edit for easier understanding: He always has a 32 meter lullaby, but it vanishes when he is undetectable, unlike any other killer.

  • I noticed this just the other day when Trickster had Trail of Torment but I still heard his terror radius I was like huh? but I wasn't sure

  • @Skyost_AB said:

    Hey did you guys know the trickster has a lullaby? You know that huming thing the huntress does? In his case it sounds like his terror radius but it can't be altered by any "undetectable" perks (such as insidious) or any perks that alter a killer's terror radius (such as monitor and abuse).

    It's a feature that balances killers that lose their terror radius with their abilities (the kids singing when the nightmare is near) or that are a threat even at a distance (the huntress, duuuh).

    That being said, WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD THEY PUT A LULLABY ON THE TRICKSTER IF HE CAN'T DO ANY OF THESE THINGS, ARE THEY PURSPOSEFULLY TRYING TO MAKE THIS KILLER BAD.

    I mean yeah, the trickster can harm you at a distance, IF HE LANDS ABOUT 8 KNIVES AND YOU STAND COMPLETELY STILL WHILE HE DOES IT INSTEAD OF TAKING COVER OR DODGING.

    Also nowhere in the game it says he has a lullaby, a salty survivor told me on chat yesterday "you look dumb af running monitor, i could hear you on the other side of the map", that's the only reason i went to look it up. Apparently not even some streamers know of this because they never mention it on tier lists and they run monitor themselves. And yes, it makes monitor and abuse pretty useless, considering it goes up to 32 meters and it sounds exactly like your terror radius.

    So not only i have to worry about being slow, but now i can't even surprise survivors. They better buff him so that the knives remove a health state each if they plan on maintaining the lullaby, jeez.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/U72IL9EBMJ9U/imagen-2021-06-05-150751.png

    The Insidious soundtrack fom the movie is just like Trickster chase music

  • okay now i am convinced they started development of him on an April 1st.

  • Is there an audio of his Lullaby? he is singing?

    The only thing that i could hear is his laugh and terror radius music.

  • I knew it. When he came out, I thought his Terror Radius was slightly bugged, but this makes more sense. I thought his TR was bigger than they said, but it didn't effect any perks in a very tiny range.

    The way I found out is standing on the edge of his terror radius and someone went down with Infectious Fright.

  • @NoFace said:

    I knew it. When he came out, I thought his terror radius was slightly bugged, but this makes more sense. I thought his terror radius was bigger than they said, but it didn't effect any perks in a very tiny range.

    The way I found out is standing on the edge of his terror radius and someone went down with Infectious Fright.

    apparently there is.

    Ji-Woon Hak (Korean: 학지운) or "The Trickster" is one of 24Killers currently featured inDead by Daylight . He was introduced as the Killer of CHAPTER XIX: All-Kill, a Chapter DLC released on 30 March of 2021. 1 Overview 2 Lore 3 The Trickster's Perks 4 Load-out 4.1 Weapon: Polished Head-Smasher 4.2 Power: Showstopper 4.2.1 Power Trivia 4.3 Add-ons for Showstopper 5 Achievements 6 Customisation 6.1 Default 6.2 Prestige 6.3 In-Game Store 6.3.1 Outfits 6.3.2 Heads 6.3.3 Body 6.3.4 Weapons 7 DLC 8 Cha

    i never knew that was a lullaby, i always assumed it was just a part of his Terror Radius...

  • Check the patch notes for the most recent PTB, this is a bug and its gonna get fixed next patch

  • @Mister_xD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2248246#Comment_2248246

    apparently there is.

    https://deadbydaylight.fandom.com/wiki/Ji-Woon_Hak

    i never knew that was a lullaby, i always assumed it was just a part of his Terror Radius...

    I'm the one who helped test that out and I can guarantee he does, indeed, have a lullaby. It seems to be bugged at the moment, though, because it plays in a ring around him, as opposed to how it works with Huntress and Nightmare.

  • @Beningtin said:

    If it he has a lullaby, shouldn't then survivors be able to hear it when he has Insidious, Tinkerer, etc. active? Cause I just tested it with Insidious and there is no "lullaby" of any kind, just his breathing like any other killer.

    I tested this:

    What I found out is that the Trickster has a "lullaby" that do not count as terror radius, as Diversion did not add progress, but at around 24 meters of him (distance tested on Mount Ormond with Trickster and Spirit for comparison) Diversion gets progress.

    It looks like his terror radius has an "extension" lullaby that extends up to 32 meters which vanishes when he is undetectable, since he needs a terror radius in the first place for the "lullaby" to be active.

    But since the devs have stated at the 5.0.0 patch: "Fixed an issue where the Trickster's melody does not seem to play at the appropriate distance from the killer" It seems like that this refers to the "lullaby" extension.

    In conclusion:

    The Trickster has a lullaby that always, unless undetectable (unlike any other killer), extends up to 32 meters.

    The Trickster has a Terror Radius of 24 meters + 8 meter lullaby.

    With M&A Trickster has a Terror Radius of 16 meters + 16 meter lullaby.

    Edit for easier understanding: He always has a 32 meter lullaby, but it vanishes when he is undetectable, unlike any other killer.

    Playing as the trickster you dont hear it, but your lullaby can still be heard by survivors when you are "undetectable", since its the same sound as his 24 meters terror radius, its a bit faint.

  • @Skyost_AB said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2248153#Comment_2248153

    Playing as the trickster you dont hear it, but your lullaby can still be heard by survivors when you are "undetectable", since its the same sound as his 24 meters terror radius, its a bit faint.

    It's not quite the same. His lullaby is like a flat droning sound, whereas his TR has a distinct bass line. The two are pretty different if you know what to listen for.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2248248#Comment_2248248

    I'm the one who helped test that out and I can guarantee he does, indeed, have a lullaby. It seems to be bugged at the moment, though, because it plays in a ring around him, as opposed to how it works with Huntress and Nightmare.

    Isn't huntress's lullaby a ring? I remember people using monitor and abuse with her because it would mess with people sometimes.

  • Never noticed cause I don't run terror radius perks on him, I typically focus on Gen slowdown since he has weak map presence.

‹ 1 2