The Trickster has a lullaby, WHAT?

Hey did you guys know the trickster has a lullaby? You know that huming thing the huntress does? In his case it sounds like his terror radius but it can't be altered by any "undetectable" perks (such as insidious) or any perks that alter a killer's terror radius (such as monitor and abuse).

It's a feature that balances killers that lose their terror radius with their abilities (the kids singing when the nightmare is near) or that are a threat even at a distance (the huntress, duuuh).

That being said, WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD THEY PUT A LULLABY ON THE TRICKSTER IF HE CAN'T DO ANY OF THESE THINGS, ARE THEY PURSPOSEFULLY TRYING TO MAKE THIS KILLER BAD.

I mean yeah, the trickster can harm you at a distance, IF HE LANDS ABOUT 8 KNIVES AND YOU STAND COMPLETELY STILL WHILE HE DOES IT INSTEAD OF TAKING COVER OR DODGING.

Also nowhere in the game it says he has a lullaby, a salty survivor told me on chat yesterday "you look dumb af running monitor, i could hear you on the other side of the map", that's the only reason i went to look it up. Apparently not even some streamers know of this because they never mention it on tier lists and they run monitor themselves. And yes, it makes monitor and abuse pretty useless, considering it goes up to 32 meters and it sounds exactly like your terror radius.

So not only i have to worry about being slow, but now i can't even surprise survivors. They better buff him so that the knives remove a health state each if they plan on maintaining the lullaby, jeez.

imagen_2021-06-05_150751.png


Comments

  • @palotheas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2248302#Comment_2248302

    Isn't huntress's lullaby a ring? I remember people using monitor and abuse with her because it would mess with people sometimes.

    It's not supposed to be. As I understand it, the whole point of a lullaby is that it's supposed to cover an area centered around the killer and cannot be disabled or reduced in any way.

  • @FFirebrandd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2247466#Comment_2247466

    Probably because Deathslinger's range is hard capped at 18 meters. Huntress and Trickster aren't. Granted Trickster isn't very lethal from that range unless the Survivor already has near max Laceration... but I've gotten a surprising amount of downs from 20+ meters as him.

    Oh ok. that makes sense, but I don't see why they would hard cap him at 18 meters when huntress isn't and other ranged killers (like trickster now) arent. I'm just curious about the reasoning for that! I don't know much about all the specific numbers that go into creating ranged killer abilities.

  • @Anniehere said:

    Is there an audio of his Lullaby? he is singing?

    The only thing that i could hear is his laugh and terror radius music.

    It's not a lullaby in that sense. It's not singing like Huntress or Freddy. It's music that plays outside of terror radius where the heartbeat starts.

  • Noticed this with the Pebble perk sometime ago, didn't charge up when I was in his lullaby which I thought was his TR. Devs, remove the lullaby. If Trickster has one then Deathslinger should have one.

1 2 ›