Survivors in desperate need of a major rework or buffs
I can hardly bring myself to play or enjoy survivor anymore. Every match is an all-out bloodbath.
Today I decided to play this game and relax, as survivor. Out of 5 matches this evening, 4 are sweaty hardcore huntresses. No matter how hard you try, there is no avoiding the hatchets and your entire team is on their belly. 5 hatchets is simply way too many with no cooldowns between throws. The fact this killer was not nerfed blows my actual mind.
Do the devs realize how much this killer is spammed? Apparently they are ignoring stats. Fairness not important here?
Then another killer. Fill in the blanks. A wipeout at 4 gens still up. Eventually everyone gave up.
I think it is obvious at this point balance is an after-thought. The survivor objective is way too difficult compared to the killer objective. This issue is compounded heavily by the fact killer perks removes objective progress from the survivor side and aura perks do the job for killer. The killer perks are way too oppressive and overpowered.
There is not enough survivor defenses on the map. It is too easy for killers to track survivors. Maps have too many deadzones, there is not enough fog anymore, and killers can see right through any foliage on the maps.
If you are not going to give survivors ways to defend against the killer, at least make the maps have opportunity to easily stealth. Ideally, both should be an option. Right now neither exists. Removing stealth, adding in aura perks, making maps brighter, removing pallets, making maps smaller, have all made the game all lopsided in favor of killer. It doesn't help survivors have been nerfed non-stop 5 years in a row. I would say the game is now broken in favor of killer. It's borderline unplayable. If you win as survivor, it is because the killer let you win.
Reverse course for a change, buff survivors and make the game fair. Killers shouldn't default winning all the time.
Comments
This is the problem with SWF and solo queue being separate games
Have you tried using iron will, calm spirit, urban evasion, and/or quick and quiet?
I think you got a point at the killer facecamping but wdym by equaling infinite loops to face camp, there is stil haddonfield strode house that is a infinite loop, are you defending infinite loops? I want to understand what you meant. About talking that killers have good perks, they need those good perks to win and they need perks to make the game equal( although its still not by the second chance perks that have a complete slowdown, you guys hink that slugging is toxic because you want us to eat ur ds, thats not how it works, if you are being slugged its because ds is a completely broken perk that makes killers have to slugg you to have a chance of winning, if ds was reworked, we wouldnt have to slugg you guys because it would not be so good and not so popular anymore.
Making Kindred base kit would be a good start.
Qol changes yeah I'm ok with qol stuff like the new struggle
the objects we play on our thankful for this change
I digress. Survivors are massively overpowered. The whole game is balanced around how bad they are at the whole game though.
All you need to do to win a match is to equip several second chance perks and it’s a free win of the game. So many times survivors will run all second chance perks and just sit on generators doing nothing and the killer is doing nothing because he can’t hit a survivor when they sprint burst away or hit them again when they teleport with dead hard and if he hit them again they use descisive strike and then if he doesn’t pick them up they use unbreakable but if he does they will just use deliverence so the killer is forced to slug but then the survivors can just camp generators and teabag and the killer is forced to go afk.
I would guess that you are missing the requisite skills or knowledge to have a chill time as a survivor. I would suggest putting more time in and watching some tutorials on looping, as well as practicing panning your camera to see the killers movements and projectiles. Once you learn to play tiles well and how to win mindgames you will find survivor is much more chill than killer. A lot of it is also in your attitude and what you consider a win. Keep improving and the game will become easier and less stressful to you. Or you can also make friends. That may increase your experience as well.
A whole back i did 5 matches of solo queue. 4 escapes and 1 death after all gens were done. I'd say something dumb like "you just need to improve your skills" but i think you're so far down that killer op hole that you don't even try anyway, and maybe that's you're problem.
I loved the realm beyond but they did take the fog away :(
What rank is sluzzy anyway? Asking for a friend.
Rank 3 Survivor and Rank 1 Killer.
At least this is not a thread saying that SWF are too powerful. I'll give the poster of this thread points for originality.
I do not agree with their points, but hey, it's something different for once.
this is not original at all compared to his other work
Yeah peak AU times are something.
A nightmare as killer (sometimes).
A dream as solo (actual intelligent teammates).
Not necessarily, I still do ok in solo queue, and I'm a killer main, just relax and try to adapt your playstyle to what you see fit for your situation, or better yet, jsut keep changing it up every once in a while.
Huh. Ty
No problem :)
I swear sluzzy always brings out the worst of the worst takes in people. How do people agree with this person.
I personally think that the post is true, survivor mechanics are outdated and need qol changes. Killers dominate the game and it hurt seeing people being this blind.
The excess deadzones make a lot of maps feel empty. Old Disturbed Ward was such a fun map.
Agreed. Such a shame it was ruined.
thanks for making my point
I agree 100%.
Your right. 60 seconds on a gen, flashlights, toolboxes, keys, pallets after pallet, second chances perks arent enough. When a killer goes against good survivors and gets at least one kill thats too easy for them. Survivors totally need a rework so its extremely hard for killers to kill them and make ques longer.
Yes
Trapper is weak with the new grass
And claudette is literally invisible on every reworked map (Except for the asylum and coldwind)
I agreed with a post and that's wrong?