Just remove the pride charm at this point

It's either getting targeted because of it or targeted for not having it it's problematic on so many ways because this community is not ready for it mentally ps just got called homophobic ######### and got wished for my first baby to die in my arms because I was wars only one in team without it, I'll send this directly through email to bhvr and if they don't ban that person I'm gone I'm not gonna put myself through this stress for stupid game, back to point remove the charm it's either lgbtq getting hated and discriminated because of it or ppl like me who gets insults because not wearing one in order to pride month now sorry about rant I'm out I never felt emotions towards insults u got from this community in game but to wish someone for they're child to die in his arms is where it crosses the line for me this community is not ready for something like pride charm it brought toxicity on already enough toxic community

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • "ps just got called homophobic [BAD WORD] and got wished for my first baby to die in my arms"

    Did you report it using the relevant report system of the platform you were using?

  • @TAG said:

    "ps just got called homophobic [BAD WORD] and got wished for my first baby to die in my arms"

    Did you report it using the relevant report system of the platform you were using?

    I'm on console through which person directed msgd me and I already went out of lobby before I got text so I had no option unfortunately to report in game I'm sending it directly through email

  • @justbecause said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2228448#Comment_2228448

    I'm on console through which person directed msgd me and I already went out of lobby before I got text so I had no option unfortunately to report in game I'm sending it directly through email

    You have to report it to Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo using their report system.

  • Because there are scummy people you think the best option is to remove a charm that stands for supporting the LGBTQ+ community?

    thats the wrong conclusion…

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2228454#Comment_2228454

    You should still be able to report console chat, as it's independent of the game and instead handled by Microsoft/Sony. They don't tolerate that. Sony actually doesn't tolerate swearing in messages (Or instigating behavior like GG EZ). Not sure about Microsoft. And surely discrimination is even more harshly punished.

    Thank you I'll do so

  • If we were to remove every excuse people use to file false reports, we wouldn't have a game to begin with.

  • Removing the charm, thereby avoiding further confrontation seems like a terrible idea.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    Lmao get over it

    Get over someone telling me they hope my child dies in my arms? Come back when u grow up

  • @justbecause said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2228448#Comment_2228448

    I'm on console through which person directed msgd me and I already went out of lobby before I got text so I had no option unfortunately to report in game I'm sending it directly through email

    Pro tip: Don't allow strangers to send you messages.

  • @justbecause said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2228477#Comment_2228477

    Get over someone telling me they hope my child dies in my arms? Come back when u grow up

    Yeah you had one bad experience so you think instead of banning the offender, Bhvr should decide to reverse course and delete the charm from the game but I'm the one who needs to grow up.

    What about all the people who said bad things before the release of the charm? Lots of people say awful things to NOED users, should Bhvr delete NOED?

  • Don't remove it, the whole reason there's such a clownfiesta going on is because devs and people treat it as something special. What they should have done instead is just give the charm to everyone without any unnecessary hype behind it and it would be much better IMO.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2228483#Comment_2228483

    Yeah you had one bad experience so you think instead of banning the offender, Bhvr should decide to reverse course and delete the charm from the game but I'm the one who needs to grow up.

    What about all the people who said bad things before the release of the charm? Lots of people say awful things to NOED users, should Bhvr delete NOED?

    Are you comparing perks with real life issues? I'm part of lgbtq as well and this charm in game just constantly proves how much ppl sucks and how much they want to hurt us over our sexuality, I don't want each time when I enter this game to be reminded I'm hated because of being myself this thing just brought toxicity upon toxicity

  • @justbecause said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2228498#Comment_2228498

    Are you comparing perks with real life issues? I'm part of lgbtq as well and this charm in game just constantly proves how much ppl sucks and how much they want to hurt us over our sexuality, I don't want each time when I enter this game to be reminded I'm hated because of being myself this thing just brought toxicity upon toxicity

    It's been like one day. I don't believe you're being sincere so I'm not going to respond anymore.

  • I'm sorry that happened to you but removing it or not there is always going to be toxic amd heartless people. I say just report it and move on

    Again sorry they said that to you.

  • It's not censorship, though. You are not obligated to read everything someone else writes.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2228502#Comment_2228502

    It's been like one day. I don't believe you're being sincere so I'm not going to respond anymore.

    One day and it's already toxic at it's highest just look at Instagram ppl posting vids with ppl on purpose hitting charm and writting ######### as well as experiencing it myself in game so no thank you I don't need to have that I don't need daily reminder through whole June that they hate me thank u and nobody asked for u to respond in first place

  • @justbecause said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2228506#Comment_2228506

    One day and it's already toxic at it's highest just look at Instagram ppl posting vids with ppl on purpose hitting charm and writting ######### as well as experiencing it myself in game so no thank you I don't need to have that I don't need daily reminder through whole June that they hate me thank u and nobody asked for u to respond in first place

    If you want the charm to go away because you believe you're being tunneled for using the charm, why don't you just not use the charm? You don't have to use the charm if you're LGBT and/or a supporter.

  • That would be the equivalent of removing all female characters because someone called you sexist.

    Due the anomity people will be toxic online. Getting rid of the pride charm would not change that.

    What would help is if people who were victim of toxidity actually reported it so action can be taken against the persons who actually were in the wrong instead of blaming it on something else.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2228523#Comment_2228523

    If you want the charm to go away because you believe you're being tunneled for using the charm, why don't you just not use the charm? You don't have to use the charm if you're LGBT and/or a supporter.

    And I did put it out for that reason guess that didn't help much to get reaction from my own ppl as I said this thing is problematic and I won't explain myself 10 times I wrote this in anger and I still stand by that point I want it out of toxic game like dbd

  • Exclusion because some people ar eimmature homophobes isn't the way forward. Normalise representation and ban genuine homophobic people

  • I agree that the flag charm is not needed. I want DBD to be a normal video game without forcing identity politics to gamers. Or make another charm for Non-LGBT people as well.

  • @justbecause said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2228477#Comment_2228477

    Get over someone telling me they hope my child dies in my arms? Come back when u grow up

    I'm sorry I love the community but you act like this is only happening because of the charm I have got on vile messages even before the charm was a thing.

    Toxic people in the community will send you a message for anything they don't agree with and some of it is vile as hell stop acting like the charm is what is specifically causing it.

    By that process I could use the same logic and say

    Remove flashlights

    Remove Legion

    Remove teabag

    Remove insert whenever you have a problem with


    I have received the toxic messages for a number of these things can you see how terrible the game would actually be if we follow your advice to just remove it

  • I'll just back away from this

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2228516#Comment_2228516

    It's a tool provided by an organization to allow you to pre-emptily block channels of communication that others may wish to utilize.

    ... Though I do understand that realistically, censorship is necessary as with the sheer volume of information possible it's not a reasonable ask for an individual to censor all incoming information themselves.

    It's a tool provided by an organization to allow you to pre-emptily block channels of communication that others may wish to utilize.

    Yeah, channels to you, which you're not obligated to keep open. Just because you want to say something doesn't mean I should be forced to listen to it. Have you ever had Jehovah's Witnesses knocking at your door? Same thing, except JWs are a lot more polite.

  • I had someone tell me that they hoped I die of Covid and called my mother all sorts of names because I 'tunneled'. Guess we better remove killers from the game while we're at it, and survivors too.

  • "ot wished for my first baby to die in my arms"

    This sounds eerily similar to Spook n Jukes's story..

  • The LGBTQIA+ has had to fight for their rights for a very long time.

    I find it funny and also pathetic that you are literally willing to cave over NOTHING. You can’t handle a little heat over a charm in a video game? How many people were beaten to death standing up for themselves? Good thing we don’t depend on you to make the world a better place right?

    This is just nauseating privilege. YOU don’t want to deal with other people’s problems or even have to acknowledge because it’s too hard for YOU, and YOU can choose to simply ignore it. Well, not everyone can. Maybe this can be your first tiny little lesson in having to deal with adversity. It won’t kill you.

  • @senki527 said:

    I agree that the flag charm is not needed. I want DBD to be a normal video game without forcing identity politics to gamers. Or make another charm for Non-LGBT people as well.

    How will a rainbow flag change dbd answer quick?

  • These past few days makes me question how the mods are feeling? Like are they tired? Are they working more than usual. Would they like a warm blanket and some hot cocoa

  • @MongolPSR said:

    These past few days makes me question how the mods are feeling? Like are they tired? Are they working more than usual. Would they like a warm blanket and some hot cocoa

    I'm sure they're used to dealing with repeated threads about the same thing

    I mean this is the DBD forum afterall

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2228747#Comment_2228747

    I'm sure they're used to dealing with repeated threads about the same thing

    I mean this is the DBD forum afterall

    Yeah but I don't know if they had to monitor and manage this many threads dealing with a pretty heavy topic.

  • They won't remove that charm because the devs are scared of backlash lol. I understand if they wanted to show support but there's other ways to show it without the charm. They should start by making charms not visible to killers just other survivors.

  • @MongolPSR said:

    These past few days makes me question how the mods are feeling? Like are they tired? Are they working more than usual. Would they like a warm blanket and some hot cocoa

    Nah they'll be fine, 😜

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2228741#Comment_2228741

    I'd say it's pretty game-changing myself.

    I heard from a friend that equipping the charm gives you +150% movement speed.

    🏃‍♀️💨

    /j

    All it does to me is changes the injured noises to Heart Attack by Chuu, or First by Everglow. Not really that game changing :/

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2228741#Comment_2228741

    I'd say it's pretty game-changing myself.

    I heard from a friend that equipping the charm gives you +150% movement speed.

    🏃‍♀️💨

    /j

    Curiously, yesterday, all the killers I've versed that had the charm equipped 4k'd. Maybe you're onto something here...

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2228765#Comment_2228765

    Mine changed the Huntress' lullaby to DDU-DU DDU-DU. I was so distracted I lost the game 😞

    I couldn't deal with that! I'd be dancing the entire time.

    At least it wasn't Feel Special, that would have me AFK and doing the entire choreo solo

  • @Jambeard said:

    The LGBTQIA+ has had to fight for their rights for a very long time.

    I find it funny and also pathetic that you are literally willing to cave over NOTHING. You can’t handle a little heat over a charm in a video game? How many people were beaten to death standing up for themselves? Good thing we don’t depend on you to make the world a better place right?

    This is just nauseating privilege. YOU don’t want to deal with other people’s problems or even have to acknowledge because it’s too hard for YOU, and YOU can choose to simply ignore it. Well, not everyone can. Maybe this can be your first tiny little lesson in having to deal with adversity. It won’t kill you.

    This is a game sweetie I don't need my own representation in toxic game full of homophobes this isn't about us this is about adding charm that caused troubles ur talking about irl fights for our rights well guess what dbd ain't real life I can't stand for it in game if they want they will target me and insult me nothing I can do about it and I want just to play game I don't need them pushing their suckage homophobic ass even when I'm playing game as if it's not scary enough in real life.. I'm sorry but dbd is just a game a charm in it does nothing to make me say "look I have representation" it makes me think oh look another person hating on me over nothing... I certainly don't want to experience that each day throughout whole June just take a look at Instagram dbd related vids of ppl hitting random ppl right in their charm do you think they felt nice in that moment? Do you think it does not hurt? As much as it's just a game the msg is clear and it says "I hate you " if ur so strong to experience that like u said go ahead do so obviously some of us aren't that strong to constantly being pushed and hated both irl and now in video game wherever u go it's ur reminder of how ppl sucks and I don't want that I want to enjoy game

  • @justbecause said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2228672#Comment_2228672

    This is a game sweetie I don't need my own representation in toxic game full of homophobes this isn't about us this is about adding charm that caused troubles ur talking about irl fights for our rights well guess what dbd ain't real life I can't stand for it in game if they want they will target me and insult me nothing I can do about it and I want just to play game I don't need them pushing their suckage homophobic ass even when I'm playing game as if it's not scary enough in real life.. I'm sorry but dbd is just a game a charm in it does nothing to make me say "look I have representation" it makes me think oh look another person hating on me over nothing... I certainly don't want to experience that each day throughout whole June just take a look at Instagram dbd related vids of ppl hitting random ppl right in their charm do you think they felt nice in that moment? Do you think it does not hurt? As much as it's just a game the msg is clear and it says "I hate you " if ur so strong to experience that like u said go ahead do so obviously some of us aren't that strong to constantly being pushed and hated both irl and now in video game wherever u go it's ur reminder of how ppl sucks and I don't want that I want to enjoy game

    You don't need the representation, doesn't mean other people don't. You don't speak for everyone.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2228775#Comment_2228775

    TWICE: 🎵 You make me feel special 🎵

    Me: 🕺🎵

    My DbD character: 🔪🧍

    This shouldn't be as funny as it is

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2228776#Comment_2228776

    You don't need the representation, doesn't mean other people don't. You don't speak for everyone.

    Neither I said I'm talking for everyone neither I said anyone ever in this thread to change opinion and this is my own

  • I feel like I need to say that the "pride" part isn't to refer to some exclusive club that thinks they are better then any other group. Having Pride is being content with who you are when people will tell you that you are wrong, evil, or something broken that needs to be fixed through some bogus "therapy" for being LGBT+

    And before people say "we don't need it anymore, they have their rights", In Montana, you can be fired for having an "alternative lifestyle" if your employer finds it "religiously burdening". Because in the Bermuda triangle that is bible belt America, having to hire and keep them on board is anti-religious.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2228776#Comment_2228776

    1. You don't speak for the whole LGBTQ+ community. I for one, really appreciate the charm.
    2. You're not obligated to unlock or even use the charm. If you find it's getting you hate comments then report those sending them and/or unequip it.

    This is my own opinion and I never said anyone else to change their opinion nor did I ever said I'm talking for everyone but y'all like to put words into ppls mouth so not surprised at all

  • @justbecause said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2228672#Comment_2228672

    This is a game sweetie I don't need my own representation in toxic game full of homophobes this isn't about us this is about adding charm that caused troubles ur talking about irl fights for our rights well guess what dbd ain't real life I can't stand for it in game if they want they will target me and insult me nothing I can do about it and I want just to play game I don't need them pushing their suckage homophobic ass even when I'm playing game as if it's not scary enough in real life.. I'm sorry but dbd is just a game a charm in it does nothing to make me say "look I have representation" it makes me think oh look another person hating on me over nothing... I certainly don't want to experience that each day throughout whole June just take a look at Instagram dbd related vids of ppl hitting random ppl right in their charm do you think they felt nice in that moment? Do you think it does not hurt? As much as it's just a game the msg is clear and it says "I hate you " if ur so strong to experience that like u said go ahead do so obviously some of us aren't that strong to constantly being pushed and hated both irl and now in video game wherever u go it's ur reminder of how ppl sucks and I don't want that I want to enjoy game

    I'm sorry but dbd was a toxic game before the charm was in the game. You got a toxic from jerks message, so has everyone. And what did they do? They ignored it and reported it. Taking out thr pride charm would solve nothing. Taking out the pride charm is not going to suddenly make toxic people stop being toxic.

    Do what everyone else does and move on.

  • The charm is definitely causes problems and should t have been added to this game.

  • The people claiming others are homophobic for killing someone using the charm are likely the people that would legitimately tunnel someone because of the charm, they're trying their best to make the charm seem like a bad thing, and that people are using it as an excuse, they're trying to make legitimate pride charm users look bad.

  • @LordWack said:

    The charm is definitely causes problems and should t have been added to this game.

    the charm didn’t create the toxic people though. They would do the same if someone has a username with something pride or LGBTQ+ themed in it.

    the best way to deal with it is ban those people that harass others.

  • @LordWack said:

    The charm is definitely causes problems and should t have been added to this game.

    Not so much causes as much as exposes the problems already present.

  • @GentlemanFridge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2228814#Comment_2228814

    Not so much causes as much as exposes the problems already present.

    AKA: The homophobes. That's the source of the problem.

‹ 1 2