Pride charm tunneling

I'm not against this charm or anyone wanting to feel like something represents them in this game before I even start this thread I want to get that out of the way.

I saw where the dead by daylight team said they would count targeting those players in game as harassment if they had the charm, and this is concerning because what's stopping everyone from throwing the charm on and claiming discrimination and then the Autobahn system about to come into play on top of this, it's opening the door for salty sore losers to get people banned if they choose and I do not approve of this I don't think anyone should be banned unless something is said in chat regarding the player having the charm, how are you gonna say don't report for tunneling and then give some special immunity I want clarification from a dev or mod on how this is gonna work because honestly it opens the door for alot of bullshit reports of people taking this game too personal like it's real life abd assuming someone did something "just because" . Again I'm not against the charm but I would like some clarification to how that's gonna work.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @CoalTower said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2222586#Comment_2222586

    But a tunneling killer will usually tunnel as many people as possible. Not just one person.

    Tunnel as many people as possible? Killer first tunnels someone out. Then, depending on how efficient the others were, the killer can start tunneling someone else or not. Injuring everyone isn´t tunneling. So that first tunnel could be seen as an offense.

    I remember a match where i hooked survivor A, then survivor B, then C, then D, before chasing survivor A again. Once i downed him, he disconnected and left me a -rep tunneling killer message on my profile. Those are the kind of people, i expect to abuse the charm to report everyone who dares to down them.

  • @MongolPSR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2222607#Comment_2222607

    I know your joking but that joke was legitimately used to try and hurt lgbt people and their human rights in very public ways by people with legitimate power. It's demeaning.

    Yes, I know. I’m queer and trans. I remember Rick Santorum’s “marry a box turtle” argument.

  • @Sypherpathic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2222590#Comment_2222590

    And if there's evidence, the charm is barely a factor. If I say something improper to another player, it's the saying that's the problem, charm or no.

    I'm more interested in killers that have time to calculate activity based on charms? I never even notice them on players except when playing survivor in the lobby. Otherwise, I don't even look.

    Yep 100%

  • @VioletCrimes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2222614#Comment_2222614

    Yes, I know. I’m queer and trans. I remember Rick Santorum’s “marry a box turtle” argument.

    That ######### hurt to see growing up. Especially since I live in a red state that's so red it going into the 70% during elections

  • @MongolPSR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2222656#Comment_2222656

    That ######### hurt to see growing up. Especially since I live in a red state that's so red it going into the 70% during elections

    I’m sorry to hear that. I know living in a red state is especially difficult for our community.


  • To clarify, we do not issue bans without proof. Bannable offenses include griefing, hateful speech, repeated harrassment, and more. For the full list, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/139-game-rules

  • Thanks for posting the link to the rules again @MandyTalk . So to ease everyone´s minds : Camping, Tunneling and Slugging are never bannable whether you ride the pride wave or not :)

  • @Mandy said:

    To clarify, we do not issue bans without proof. Bannable offenses include griefing, hateful speech, repeated harrassment, and more. For the full list, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/139-game-rules

    Thank you so much for clarifying for me, I think everyone has a right to freely represent themselves as long as it's not a theory of hate towards another

  • @FengisKawaii said:

    Thanks for posting the link to the rules again @MandyTalk . So to ease everyone´s minds : Camping, Tunneling and Slugging are never bannable whether you ride the pride wave or not :)

    but repeated harassment is

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Ok, lets make a comparison:

    Can you kill Claudettes and Adams in the game? Sure.

    Can you kill Claudettes and Adams and tell them you did it because they are N-words? You can, but you will get banned.

    Can you kill people with the Pride Charm? Sure.

    Can you kill people with the Pride Charm and tell them you did it because they are F-Words? You can, but you will get banned.

    Really, too much thinking on that one. Way too much.

    Well with the way it was answered by the dbd social media account it looked as if they were stating they would ban for tunneling them

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Ok, lets make a comparison:

    Can you kill Claudettes and Adams in the game? Sure.

    Can you kill Claudettes and Adams and tell them you did it because they are N-words? You can, but you will get banned.

    Can you kill people with the Pride Charm? Sure.

    Can you kill people with the Pride Charm and tell them you did it because they are F-Words? You can, but you will get banned.

    Really, too much thinking on that one. Way too much.

    This is really all that needs to be said on this subject.

  • When does it start to be repeated harassment? After 2 matches?

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2222627#Comment_2222627

    Tunnel as many people as possible? Killer first tunnels someone out. Then, depending on how efficient the others were, the killer can start tunneling someone else or not. Injuring everyone isn´t tunneling. So that first tunnel could be seen as an offense.

    I remember a match where i hooked survivor A, then survivor B, then C, then D, before chasing survivor A again. Once i downed him, he disconnected and left me a -rep tunneling killer message on my profile. Those are the kind of people, i expect to abuse the charm to report everyone who dares to down them.

    I mean tunnel someone out quickly, rinse and repeat. That's usually the tunneling playstyle.

  • @CoalTower said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2222655#Comment_2222655

    I mean tunnel someone out quickly, rinse and repeat. That's usually the tunneling playstyle.

    So what if the killer gets 1 or 2 kills by tunneling and those survivors wear the charm?

  • If you wear a rival football shirt in a certain town, you'll receive stick and likely harassment, same goes for a political symbol in a game. If you want to introduce a concept that some people still don't agree with or don't want forced upon them, prepare to meet some kind of intolerance/backlash.

    If the Dev's did an Israel/Palestine, Donald Trump, Brexit, BLM etc charms, you'd equally get a backlash, hence why I believe they should leave political symbols / issues out of gaming whilst people can't get along nicely.

  • Wait what's that supposed to mean? See this is the ######### that's gonna make me not play killer anymore because I'm not gonna be reported for some stupid game where someone played like a bot and died against me quick, what's next? If I teabag a killer with a charm I'm banned after two matches because "harassment"

  • What do you mean by repeated harassment? The player can get banned for targeting a Survivor even though they don't have ill intentions? What if targeting that Survivor is the best play under the circumstances? Does harassment include tunneling and camping? How often must someone "repeatedly harass" someone for them to get banned?

  • @The_Krapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2222685#Comment_2222685

    Wait what's that supposed to mean? See this is the ######### that's gonna make me not play killer anymore because I'm not gonna be reported for some stupid game where someone played like a bot and died against me quick, what's next? If I teabag a killer with a charm I'm banned after two matches because "harassment"

    Temporary bans

    HARASSMENT: COMMUNICATIONS ABUSE

    • Insults, intimidation, hateful speech, repeated harassment
    • In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket OPTIONAL

    It´s not related to in-game behavior so you should be fine as long as you don´t spam or insult others in post game chat:)

  • If you're playing normally and not actively targeting someone because they're wearing a charm - then you really have nothing to worry about.

    There is no change to our game rules, targeted harassment has been in the game rules for a very long time.

    i31kRIB[1].png

    Edited to add this from our current game rules - this is exactly the type of thing I am referring to when I say targeted harassment.

  • @Mandy said:

    If you're playing normally and not actively targeting someone because they're wearing a charm - then you really have nothing to worry about.

    There is no change to our game rules, targeted harassment has been in the game rules for a very long time.

    The rules are still vague. By "targeting", do you mean typing insults in the chat? Or do you mean in game actions like tunneling and camping. What is playing "normally"?

  • @DeadHardMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2222711#Comment_2222711

    The rules are still vague. By "targeting", do you mean typing insults in the chat? Or do you mean in game actions like tunneling and camping. What is playing "normally"?

    Jesus

  • @Mandy said:

    If you're playing normally and not actively targeting someone because they're wearing a charm - then you really have nothing to worry about.

    There is no change to our game rules, targeted harassment has been in the game rules for a very long time.

    Then I'm not playing killer anymore because anyone can pull that "they targeted me and slugged me because the charm BS" I guess survivors get to be as toxic as possible and if I'm toxic back at all and they have a charm I'm banned I'm so done with this game I swear the stuff you guys come up with is mind boggling, I'm 100% dropping the killer side of this game

  • @The_Krapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2222711#Comment_2222711

    Then I'm not playing killer anymore because anyone can pull that "they targeted me and slugged me because the charm BS" I guess survivors get to be as toxic as possible and if I'm toxic back at all and they have a charm I'm banned I'm so done with this game I swear the stuff you guys come up with is mind boggling, I'm 100% dropping the killer side of this game

    repeated harassment is what I said...you are not going to get banned if you tunnel an individual in game (unless of course you say in end-game chat or something that you're doing it because they're wearing a Pride Charm)

    However, IF you are REPEATEDLY harassing someone to ruin their game (over the course of several matches), that could possibly lead to a punishment. As it always has done, nothing has changed in our rules.

  • @The_Krapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2222711#Comment_2222711

    Then I'm not playing killer anymore because anyone can pull that "they targeted me and slugged me because the charm BS" I guess survivors get to be as toxic as possible and if I'm toxic back at all and they have a charm I'm banned I'm so done with this game I swear the stuff you guys come up with is mind boggling, I'm 100% dropping the killer side of this game

    The rules have not changed. Repeated harassment has always been a bannable offense including saying slurs or other homophobic/racist comments. Saying that you targeted someone for wearing a single charm is repeated harassment, like saying you targeted someone for being gay was beforehand. If you haven't been banned chances are you won't be.

  • @The_Krapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2222711#Comment_2222711

    Then I'm not playing killer anymore because anyone can pull that "they targeted me and slugged me because the charm BS" I guess survivors get to be as toxic as possible and if I'm toxic back at all and they have a charm I'm banned I'm so done with this game I swear the stuff you guys come up with is mind boggling, I'm 100% dropping the killer side of this game

    The amount of fear this little charm has put into people is really showing how tolerant people really are.

    YOU ARENT GOING TO GET BANNED FOR PLAYING THE GAME!

  • @Mandy said:

    If you're playing normally and not actively targeting someone because they're wearing a charm - then you really have nothing to worry about.

    There is no change to our game rules, targeted harassment has been in the game rules for a very long time.

    See, I don't think I understand what harassment means in these terms, because so often I've been made to understand that many things done in game aren't reportable no matter what.

    I think I get that if I encounter RandomBob69 in four killer games and I decide to hunt him down immediately, ignoring all other survivors until he's dead, and facecamp and kebab him in every game, that's harassment. Okay. What if I'm doing it because in game 1, RandomBob69 BMed the hell out of me, clicking and tbagging and pointing, doing everything survivorly possible to deny me hooks whenever I got a down, and I'm reacting because he gave me a reason to hold a grudge? Is it harassment if I keep doing it and he stops? Is it harassment if I keep doing the bad behavior and he keeps doing the bad behavior? Is it harassment if neither of us ever communicate our intentions in postgame chat, or do I have to verbally express that I hate him as proof?

    What exactly is harassment? Is calling me trash and telling me to uninstall in the postgame chat harassment, or does it have to be more like 'you should have never been born and I hope you drown in the bathtub tonight while washing off all that sweat' levels of trash talk? Is it harassing if the killer slugs all four players and kebabs their bodies as they bleed out, refusing to hook them, or is it not harassment because they're doing it equally to all four survivors even though their intent is clearly to ruin somebody's game experience? If RandomBob69 plays the way he does because his idea of fun is to tilt killers and that's his only goal while playing Dead By Daylight, does that make it harassment, or does it only matter if he keeps running into the same killer?

    Edit: To clarify, I'm not asking this question in the context of the thread and ambiguity over tunneling, I'm asking this about DBD gameplay in general, because this isn't how I understood the ingame rules about behavior and I'm confused.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2222728#Comment_2222728

    Jesus Christ how many times does this need to be repeated.

    The rules have not changed. Repeated harassment has always been a bannable offence including saying slurs or other homophobic/racist comments. Saying that you targeted someone for wearing a single charm is repeated harassment, like saying you targeted someone for being gay was beforehand. If you haven't been banned chances are you won't be.

    That's fine I understand that now but if you scroll up you can see all the vague responses they were giving before that did imply they were planning to do that I was just clarifying

  • @MongolPSR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2222728#Comment_2222728

    The amount of fear this little charm has put into people is really showing how tolerant people really are.

    YOU ARENT GOING TO GET BANNED FOR PLAYING THE GAME!

    The charm hasnt put fear into anyone, they were really vague about it until it was clarified recently honestly if it were true I was done playing killer because it wouldn't be worth the headache at that point is the truth

  • @The_Krapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2222753#Comment_2222753

    The charm hasnt put fear into anyone, you can keep spewing your bullshit all day but they were really vague about it until it was clarified recently honestly if it were true I was done playing killer because it wouldn't be worth the headache at that point is the truth

    Right 🙄

    It just so happens that all this fear was labeled around the charm in enough threads that several got merged. 🥱

  • @MongolPSR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2222768#Comment_2222768

    Right 🙄

    It just so happens that all this fear was labeled around the charm in enough threads that several got merged. 🥱

    I didn't have any part in that you can think whatever you want I really don't care

  • @The_Krapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2222777#Comment_2222777

    I didn't have any part in that you can think whatever you want I really don't care

    You're the OP of the thread! Are you kidding me?

  • I had no part in merging other threads , I'm done with this convo don't tag me again

  • @The_Krapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2222806#Comment_2222806

    I had no part in merging other threads , I'm done with this convo don't tag me again

    Never said you did. That's not something you could do. You however are part of the community that made so many threads in such a short time that threads had to be merged.

  • I'm sure there's requirement of video proof for charm thing

  • guys you can be scared and have panic because that is bhvr... "auto bans in dbd" hahaha gl hf, they change "see you in the fog" to "see you in the ban" THIS IS NOT AN INSULATION ! this is a criticism and fact (the experience I made) so lets take a look at the past

    dedicated Servers: just a disaster... they should have written "there are brand new things now. add: grabs that are canceled, add: you no longer see the killer ping so you don't dodge the lobby when he has a bad ping, but the killer still has a huge advantage if he has a bad latency because you don't ping his can see, you can only see your ping which is always very good 20-30 to the servers, but it doesn't matter because the killer decides everything, add: even more advantage the killer is further away on your screen because the servers are so great and with his screen you are closer to him, what does that lead to? yes, really frustration ...

    but hay the killers can no longer lag switch KAPPA, i mean a good trade or not ? orrr nottttt !!! ???

    I've played a thousand matches with p2p and only met a lagswitching 1-2 times, I found it more funny than annoying (because the killer got angry and had lagswitched), and I was able to dodge lobbies with a high ping, but it wasn't perfect 1000x better than the servers ...

    There weren't any dead hards where you lay exhausted on the floor, yes guys you heards right no exhaused dead hard xD, probably because you went into the lobby where only a good ping could be found ...most people had a good green ping, that's how it has to be, since dbd was the most fun until the dirty servers came up, Servers 1/10 points, p2p not perfect but was good 8/10

    hit validation:: hit validation: bhvr tests the hit validation is not going so well, then not seeing it for a long time, then the next test version comes the hit validation runs as smooth as butter everything fits perfectly, but it looks too good for bhvr, after the test , hit validation is brought out deactivated because there was a problem with Oni, then after everything has been clarified, you finally brought it out, but? it doesn't work at all if you turned it off until today you wouldn't notice any difference because (people with a bad latency still have an enormous advantage), then the disaster, 4.5 (it should have been) update where the killer 2-3m from Hit you away 2-3 weeks later came the redemption update 4.5.2 came and the hit validation was great again, error-free, but it didn't last long 1-2 days later the same bs hits, that's the one stood the test of the hit validation, whether it is in or not makes no difference_1/10 points

    matchmaking: for over a year they have been trying to get a matchmaking out, giving no information the test a year ago was a disaster for many, then a few months ago there was another test it was ok, but bhvr gives no information, no communication, everything takes as long, let's see how it is, one can only hope because everything went wrong most of the time what bhvr wanted to do ...mm 1/10 points. test version 5/10 points

    then you have things like, "the stuns were fixed" you go ingame test it and come to the realization that it is still a buggy, 1 week later you say again that it is fixed, and what? surprise surprise, it's not true again, I mean test it before you say it is "fixed",Either there is no testing here or there is no other possibility

    auto ban: Of course people get upset about it, I mean this is the talk of bhvr, who did everything I wrote and that wasn't even all ...

    I mean when a killer tunnels someone and tunnels every match, and there are people there who have a charm, and just because they have the feeling that it is because of their charm and report him and he is therefore banned is just a joke, really only what is missing in the world of bhvr, people are banned because they have a certain way of playing, so don't say don't panic, i'll say why? because it is from bhvr, and if you look into the past you can see very clearly that mostly a disaster has come out of it, I would not take it lightly, but someone as he means...

  • In the twitter post announcing the release of the Pride charm, they mentioned that targeting based on the charm would not be tolerated. Am I just not allowed to chase and hook survivors who have it for fear of being reported unjustly?

  • Please keep your comments towards one another civil and respectful. I understand the concerns, and Mandy has already clarified a lot of it here on this thread.

    And in regards to some concerns with the future automated report system: we have no information on it yet, and will update the community on it in the future. The rules will not be changing, and if you play within the rules, you will be fine; no bans are issued without proof. To review the game rules, you can view them here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/139-game-rules

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2222696#Comment_2222696

    So what if the killer gets 1 or 2 kills by tunneling and those survivors wear the charm?

    As long as they still chase and hit other survivors, then they won't get banned.

  • We've already had many, many, many thread on this.

    @The_Krapper said:

    I'm not against this charm or anyone wanting to feel like something represents them in this game before I even start this thread I want to get that out of the way.

    I saw where the dead by daylight team said they would count targeting those players in game as harassment if they had the charm, and this is concerning because what's stopping everyone from throwing the charm on and claiming discrimination and then the Autobahn system about to come into play on top of this, it's opening the door for salty sore losers to get people banned if they choose and I do not approve of this I don't think anyone should be banned unless something is said in chat regarding the player having the charm, how are you gonna say don't report for tunneling and then give some special immunity I want clarification from a dev or mod on how this is gonna work because honestly it opens the door for alot of bullshit reports of people taking this game too personal like it's real life abd assuming someone did something "just because" . Again I'm not against the charm but I would like some clarification to how that's gonna work.

    Here's one such example.

    To quote @MandyTalk from that thread:

    @Mandy said:

    If you're playing normally and not actively targeting someone because they're wearing a charm - then you really have nothing to worry about.

    There is no change to our game rules, targeted harassment has been in the game rules for a very long time.


  • @UncleStabby said:

    In the twitter post announcing the release of the Pride charm, they mentioned that targeting based on the charm would not be tolerated. Am I just not allowed to chase and hook survivors who have it for fear of being reported unjustly?

    That's misrepresenting what they said. @MandyTalk has already clarified that nothing has changed with this charm. Same rules still apply as always.

  • Thank you. Ill take a look.

  • I feel like you're just trolling at this point.

  • @MongolPSR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/253099/im-worried

    That's misrepresenting what they said. @MandyTalk has already clarified that nothing has changed with this charm. Same rules still apply as always.

    Got it. Thanks for helping clear it up, as I hadn't seen it.

  • @justad00d said:

    Wearing a bright, colorful charm just might draw more attention than a blendette. Just saying. :)

    we already have bright coloured charms in the game, they are mostly not even noticeable.

  • @CoalTower said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2222701#Comment_2222701

    As long as they still chase and hit other survivors, then they won't get banned.

    That's a very thin line.

  • @SMitchell8 said:

    If you wear a rival football shirt in a certain town, you'll receive stick and likely harassment, same goes for a political symbol in a game. If you want to introduce a concept that some people still don't agree with or don't want forced upon them, prepare to meet some kind of intolerance/backlash.

    If the Dev's did an Israel/Palestine, Donald Trump, Brexit, BLM etc charms, you'd equally get a backlash, hence why I believe they should leave political symbols / issues out of gaming whilst people can't get along nicely.

    "I exist and I have a right to exist as I am" isn't a political statement.

    For political divides, yeah, leave those out of games wherever possible. I don't want Biden/Trump 2024 charms or Israel/Palestine. But when it's a tolerance/intolerance issue? Refusing to acknowledge the issue out of fear of backlash... I'm not trying to turn this into a 'you have to be with us or against us' thing, because you can very legitimately just not care about what other people do or think, but what you're suggesting is siding with intolerance, continuing along the marginalizing status quo indefinitely by not introducing anything that could offend intolerant people's sensibilities. BHVR's already expressed that they want wide representation in their characters and a welcoming community. This isn't out of left field.

  • @Laluzi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2222702#Comment_2222702

    "I exist and I have a right to exist as I am" isn't a political statement.

    For political divides, yeah, leave those out of games wherever possible. I don't want Biden/Trump 2024 charms or Israel/Palestine. But when it's a tolerance/intolerance issue? Refusing to acknowledge the issue out of fear of backlash... I'm not trying to turn this into a 'you have to be with us or against us' thing, because you can very legitimately just not care about what other people do or think, but what you're suggesting is siding with intolerance, continuing along the marginalizing status quo indefinitely by not introducing anything that could offend intolerant people's sensibilities. BHVR's already expressed that they want wide representation in their characters and a welcoming community. This isn't out of left field.

    People know you exist, but do people in a game NEED to know your sexual orientation or gender? I can't understand why people can't just play the game and leave personal things to one side. I'm straight yet I don't feel the need to wear a badge or advertise it, I just play the game for the fun of it.

  • Still. People shouldn't be tunneling anyways. It isn't necessary.


    They should still have enough time to chase and hit other players.

  • @SMitchell8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2222956#Comment_2222956

    People know you exist, but do people in a game NEED to know your sexual orientation or gender? I can't understand why people can't just play the game and leave personal things to one side. I'm straight yet I don't feel the need to wear a badge or advertise it, I just play the game for the fun of it.

    I'm straight yet I don't feel the need to wear a badge or advertise it

    And this is where it becomes clear- you're straight. You get representation every day in your life in the media in and around you- hell even in DBD you're represented. LGBT+ people are not. Stop speaking over LGBT+ people on LGBT+ issues you have no knowledge of or experience about- this is a massive issue still and people really need to stop.

    So yes, we need it in this game. And every other game. Because without representation in media, it will never be normalised. And without normalisation, we will never be accepted.

  • Tunneling is a valid strategy! Unless they are wearing the pride charm then it is harassment. Nice one BHVR.

1 2 3